Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:10 am

I have discovered, thanks to a quote from Sophie Decroisette

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

I have discovered, thanks to a quote from Sophie Decroisette

Postby Taelia » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:06 pm

I have discovered, thanks to a quote from Sophie Decroisette, that Sissi's mom is actually still alive.

Here is the information I discovered (in French):

Sa fille Sissi est pensionnaire dans son propre collège. En revanche, on ignore tout de sa femme. D'après l'interview de Mme Decroisette, elle est encore en vie mais vit loin de sa fille et Monsieur Delmas. Il n'est cependant pas rare, dans les fanfictions, que les fans la croit morte et travaille le personnage de Sissi en fonction de cela.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Re: I have discovered, thanks to a quote from Sophie Decrois

Postby TheLQ » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:10 pm

Taelia wrote:I have discovered, thanks to a quote from Sophie Decroisette, that Sissi's mom is actually still alive.

Sa fille Sissi est pensionnaire dans son propre collège. En revanche, on ignore tout de sa femme. D'après l'interview de Mme Decroisette, elle est encore en vie mais vit loin de sa fille et Monsieur Delmas. Il n'est cependant pas rare, dans les fanfictions, que les fans la croit morte et travaille le personnage de Sissi en fonction de cela.

So, what does it say? I almost failed French class 4 years ago, and even then I cheated to get that grade.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Re: I have discovered, thanks to a quote from Sophie Decrois

Postby knifey » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:10 pm

Taelia wrote:I have discovered, thanks to a quote from Sophie Decroisette, that Sissi's mom is actually still alive.

If you know that she's alive from said quote, could you be so kind as to provide a translation, or share where you have seen a translation of the statement?
:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:22 pm

I can only do a babelfish translation.

His/her Sissi daughter is boarder in her own college. On the other hand, his woman is very ignored. D' after l' interview of Mrs. Decroisette, it is still in life but lives far from her daughter and Mr Delmas. It n' is however not rare, in the fanfictions, that the fans believes it dead and works the character of Sissi according to that.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby knifey » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:26 pm

Taelia wrote:I can only do a babelfish translation.

His/her Sissi daughter is boarder in her own college. On the other hand, his woman is very ignored. D' after l' interview of Mrs. Decroisette, it is still in life but lives far from her daughter and Mr Delmas. It n' is however not rare, in the fanfictions, that the fans believes it dead and works the character of Sissi according to that.
I loled very heartily.

I'll wait on our French translators.
:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:24 pm

Mind if I step in?

"As for Sissi, she lives in her own school (Meaning Kadic, I guess). On the other hand, her mother is completely ignored. During an interview with Ms. Decroisette, it is revealed that she is still alive but lives away from her daughter and Mr. Delmas. It is not, however, uncommon to see in fanfictions that the fans assume she is dead, and work that into the character of Sissi as a result."

I knew five years of French to learn more about CL would come in handy one day.

What I find interesting is that it hints at the crew reading fanfictions. In the industry, that's usually a big no-no, because it makes for a ton of legal problems, intellectual property and all that.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Taelia » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:29 pm

Maybe they try to get ideas from we the fans. :)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:34 pm

No, not a good idea. The fans can claim those ideas as original, and can demand payment or compensation if they're obnoxious enough about it. If you want a more expanded view on the stance, I recommend poking around here

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:44 am

They can probably reference fanon they've seen in enough different places because no one person could take credit for it, there is the plausible deniability that some other person or even the creators were already responsible for it. On the other hand, they can't acknowledge reading any particular piece of work or they risk the legal tomfoolery of somebody trying to get easy money.

For the topic at hand: Interesting. I always kind of assumed the fanon was correct here, but this could be useful for fanfic writers.
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby Taelia » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:30 pm

This shouldn't discourage people from writing that Sissi's mom is dead, since again we've never seen or heard Mrs. Delmas.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:29 pm

Except that Sophie IS the Script Editor and foremost authority - if she says Sissi's mother is alive, that trumps fanon.

Myself, I suspect a divorce...
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Carth » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:54 pm

Okay, first, the anal-relentive in me has to ask...can you give us a source? Where did you find this? Also, there's the implication that there's a whole interview. Anywhere we can find that?

Now assuming it's true, ASLHF:KHAFK. As unimportant as it was the question of Sissi's mother has stumped me for a while...and, yeah, that sounds common enough. Though it does make me wonder about the circumstances if the father of the family has custody and the mother never comes to visit...
Carth offline

Postby Tekirai » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:44 pm

why does this thread exist

Questioning life aside, not a single mention of her mother has me thinking divorce as well. Of course, when it came to fanfic years ago, I always just bashed Sissi and didn't care about her, so I never came up with my own theory. 8I
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby xiaozanghou » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:35 pm

Carth wrote:Okay, first, the anal-relentive in me has to ask...can you give us a source? Where did you find this?

CL.fr's page on Jean-Pierre Delmas. As for the whole interview, let's hope we can scrounge it up somewhere.
╭☆★☆
http://cl-evolved.com/
╰★☆★
xiaozanghou offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: they asked me where i planned to go then i pointed at the stars and said i haven't really chose

Postby Carth » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:49 pm

xiaozanghou wrote:
Carth wrote:Okay, first, the anal-relentive in me has to ask...can you give us a source? Where did you find this?

CL.fr's page on Jean-Pierre Delmas. As for the whole interview, let's hope we can scrounge it up somewhere.

Ah. So it doesn't hint that the crew reads fanfic - CL.fr added that as flavor text. Neat.
Carth offline

Postby Taelia » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:08 pm

Some of them do, it's just implied that they know.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:55 pm

Meh, I'm pretty neutral either way.

In story-telling, there are three parts: The character, the story you tell and all the extra background information, the milieu. From the writer's perspective, that is. But then from the audience's side, the milieu changes place with style, what and how information is presented. If they never mentioned Sissi's mother's fate before, I seriously doubt the releasing of this fact will change anything about the show in a significant way.

But, hey, doesn't mean allllll those fanfics are wrong? Well, what if they are? They're just someone's interpretation, and one factoid that disproves a massive chunk doesn't make it any less fake.

Off the record, I hope they read Carth's RTTP. That has still got to be one of my fave fanfics of all time.