Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:28 am

Just a question...

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Hi I'm a poll

Hello I'm an option
50%
I don't like polls
10%
*option uses PUNCH EVERYTHING*
40%

Total votes : 10

Just a question...

Postby green » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:22 pm

I can't remember, was it at the beginning of season three or four that the gang each move up a grade? It seems like season four what with the outfit redesigns, but in season three they've just gotten back from summer break (which I'm assuming implies a new school year has started)

I'm kind of confused.

Mods if this is in the wrong place feel free to move/lock
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Well, I can tell you one thing for sure - the words "timeline" and "Code Lyoko" never mix very well. I'm pretty sure Season 3 is when they moved up a grade, considering they changed classes and came back from a break, and the dance in The Key was an end-of-year dance. But then again I sort of half-remember there being final exams sometime around Final Mix. Considering more emphasis is put on the Season 3 school year change I'm going to say that's the canon one.

But as for placing any other date in the CL timeline, you're on your own. (Except Distant Memory, which I'm pretty sure is Christmas)
Carth offline

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:07 pm

While we're on the topic of strange things in CL...

You ever think one day during early season 4 everyone decided to throw out their one pair of clothes and wear something other than the fabric grafted to their bodies at the SAME time and it was never considered suspicious enough for a XANA attack? Reminds me a bit of the ImprovEverywhere Best Buy thing...

And did anyone ever wonder how kids under 18 manage to brush their hair when they can't reach the top of their foreheads?

"Lyoko, Logic, and Linear Timeline, three words never to be used in another sentence other than this one."

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby green » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:29 pm

so I'm gonna go with Carth on the season three thing, looking back I think Ulrich mentions something about being in the 9th grade...

--

I'm chalking the clothing thing up to Limited Wardrobe, but OH MY GOD THE FOREHEADS

I can forgive the excessively sharp angles and the lack of irises, but of everything about the Lyoko art style, those foreheads kill me every. time.
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby ArgentDandelion » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:39 am

(Someone with a large forehead in real life is taking offense at your reaction to people with huge foreheads.) (Namely, myself.)

At least the artists give them all nice noses; unlike Pokemon where the designers may become lazy and give background characters terrible noses.
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:15 pm

Yes, the noses are cute, the character designs are unique and memorable, and everyone can be recognized by their eyebrows.

But why is it Jeremie, the Einstein of the group, the one with the smallest head? Iunno, it was always something that just irked me.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby desincarnation » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:02 pm

But why is it Jeremie, the Einstein of the group, the one with the smallest head? Iunno, it was always something that just irked me.

I think they're proportions. Notice that Jeremie is the shortest guy in the gang. As far as I remember he's as tall as Aelita(except for False Start, where Aelita is slightly taller than him... :D)
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Jazzy Josh » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:37 pm

AngelBolt wrote:While we're on the topic of strange things in CL...

You ever think one day during early season 4 everyone decided to throw out their one pair of clothes and wear something other than the fabric grafted to their bodies at the SAME time and it was never considered suspicious enough for a XANA attack? Reminds me a bit of the ImprovEverywhere Best Buy thing...

No, no, no, you have it all wrong. The previous episodes clearly only consisted of the days that they wore those specific outfits.

@Jazzy Josh on Twitter.
Jazzy Josh offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby green » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:22 pm

k so I'm just gonna put this here since is slightly off topic already anyway and this should push it back into the territory of silly inane question territory.

So I keep seeing people say that Ulrich is German in fanfic and stuff. Do they say that officially anywhere or is it just popular fanon?
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SilverPrince » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:43 pm

teapot wrote:So I keep seeing people say that Ulrich is German in fanfic and stuff. Do they say that officially anywhere or is it just popular fanon?

It is never officially stated that he is German, but with a name like Ulrich Stern we all just collectively assumed.

Of course, this is the show that cant even decide what country IT is set in, so...

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:55 pm

The Rev. SilverPrince wrote:
teapot wrote:So I keep seeing people say that Ulrich is German in fanfic and stuff. Do they say that officially anywhere or is it just popular fanon?

It is never officially stated that he is German, but with a name like Ulrich Stern we all just collectively assumed.

Of course, this is the show that cant even decide what country IT is set in, so...

I like to think that it's set in France, but a France where the fact that it is France is a horrible and forbidden secret that only those people that can hack into military satellites like Jeremie are allowed to know.

Okay, being serious, the French version is most definitely set in France (I've looked around CL.fr and the dub definitely messed with some stuff). By that logic, if the English version is most definitely a translation of the French, then the English is set in France. As a matter of fact, I think only a few changed lines tried to set the show outside France...and more occasions put it in France than not. (Would an American show have a Poisson D'Avril joke?). The bottom line is...I really really really want it to be in France, and thus it is in France. Carth-logic overrules all.

And I'd say he's German. You don't meet too many non-Germans named Ulrich, and his parents don't seem the type to give him that kind of name for his health.

On the tangent of random questions, this has been bothering me for a long time. How much exactly did they have to teach Aelita about the real world when she got there? If she didn't even remember what sleep was...
Carth offline

Postby Cassius335 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:49 am

Carth wrote:On the tangent of random questions, this has been bothering me for a long time. How much exactly did they have to teach Aelita about the real world when she got there? If she didn't even remember what sleep was...

Well, Aelita not that far off Jeremy in terms of intellect, so she might have picked some stuff up quickly. But yeah, that's a good question.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby green » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:44 am

The Rev. SilverPrince wrote:

okay, that makes sense. I'm not exactly familiar with much of anything that's german so I just didn't pick up on it >>;
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter