Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:32 am

Subcounscious Desires and One's Lyoko Form

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Subcounscious Desires and One's Lyoko Form

Postby ArgentDandelion » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:02 pm

It was explained in the prequels that the Supercomputer analyzes one's subcounscious desires to create the template for one's Lyoko form. What I inquire is if anyone can propose a feasible explanation to how this is done----not as if it would be done in "real life", but rather within the context of the show and within the Supercomputer's parameters of its shown capabilities. "A wizard did it" explanations are not what I look for, although I acknowledge that this does seem the most logically feasible way the Supercomputer accomplishes this, in one sense.

To one extent do you think the Supercomputer can interact with the minds/neural data and structure of people? To the extent that it can essentially read minds, or does it merely scan whatever it scans and produces a random form as according to some special algorithm only it comprehends?

Subsequently...when Jeremie created their new Lyoko outfits/forms in Season 4, is it possible he could have understood the data of their subcounscious desires---it is unlikely it was written in plan English, but Jeremie should be smart enough to make sense of computer codes, to some extent. I ask that the answers to this question pertain to how Jeremie's method differs from the Supercomputer's initial method, or in how it pertains to whatever program of the Supercomputer first gave them their Lyoko forms in the first place, not as to whether they were more powerful than previously or other, non-creation-process-relevant details.

In short:

~How does the Supercomputer analyze subcounscious desires?
~To what extent does it analyze their subcounscious desires?
~Can the Supercomputer "read minds"?
~To what extent can, or should, Jeremie be able to make sense of the Supercomputer's template program?
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby green » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:06 pm

Well I remember in watching season one that I thought that the scanners stayed closed until the gang came back from Lyoko, so the subconscious thing made sense because I thought it was their consciousness that was getting transferred. Once season two rolled around and there were four people to virtualize instead of three I quickly realized this wasn't the case.

In other words, no clue '-'
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Stonecreek » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:20 pm

You might want to direct yourself to this thread. There are two others that came before it, and all of them deal with the tech stuff of Lyoko and such (thus their names). Be warned - some dense and long reading is ahead of you.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby ArgentDandelion » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:39 pm

(You are right---this sort of inquiry could be more relevant there; there simply have been so few replies there lately and I thought this topic could be more specific, and thus more focused on a single concept.

I wonder if all the posts from those topics could be amalgamated in a fairly neat manner somewhere, with a table of contents of explanations for each idea.....)
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid