Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:06 pm

Code Lyoko Live-Action Film Confirmed!

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Code Lyoko Live-Action Film Confirmed!

Postby Rho » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:22 am

I was just on Yahoo, and noticed a headline.. "Tim Burton to produce "Lyoko" film". I clicked on it immediately.

I'd provide a link, but when I went back to copy-paste the URL and the teaser poster, it was 404'd. Most likely posted by accident.

"PARIS - Moonscoop, a French animation company, has announced today that a live-action film based off of their popular series Code Lyoko (seen on Cartoon Network formerly) is currently being produced with 20th Century Fox and director Tim Burton.
The plot of the film, titled "Code Lyoko: XANA's Rebirth" (preliminary title) takes place two years after the events of the fourth season finale, where the evil artificial intelligence hellbent on world domination, XANA, has reawakened and has become much stronger, drowning the world in shadow. The team of boarding school kids, Aelita, played by Ariana Grande (Victorious, 13), Jeremie, played by newcomer actor Greg Nemvalodi , Yumi, played by newcomer actress April Orokamono, Ulrich, played by Hutch Dano (Zeke & Luther, Ramona and Beezus), and Odd, played by Erik Per Sullivan (Malcolm in the Middle). In smaller roles are Sissi, played by Miranda Cosgrove (iCarly, School of Rock), Jim Morales, played by Jack Black (Kung Fu Panda, Year One), and Franz Hopper, played by Johnny Depp.
Some filming has begun, and main filming it set to begin this May in Paris. School scenes, which will be filmed at Lakanal College, the school that the one in the series is based off of, and actual students will be extras. Lyoko scenes will be in CGI.
20th Century Fox has hired a company to make wigs for the necessary characters, such as Odd.
"I'm working well to keep this as true to the series as possible." said Burton, the director. "I hope the show's fanbase will be pleased by the outcome."

The film is currently set to debut in cinemas this Thanksgiving. Music is being made for the soundtrack, and a video game adaption will be produced by game company Square Enix for the Wii, Xbox 360, PSP, and Nintendo DS."

As for the teaser poster, there was just a shadowy shilouette of the XANA logo, the preliminary film logo at the bottom, with below it "THANKSGIVING 2010". At the top was "ARIANA GRANDE", so I guess Aelita is pretty major in this film. Depp as Franz Hopper will be awesome, hopefully. I feel confident that Tim will do this well - Ariana Grande will be a great Aelita, and hopefully Greg Nemvalodi and April Orokamono will do well.

As for the game.. I hope it's better than the last ones.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:27 am

This HAS to be an April Fool's joke. :arg: I just checked Burton's Wikipedia article and there is NO MENTION AT ALL of this movie.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rho » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:44 am

Taelia wrote:This HAS to be an April Fool's joke. :arg: I just checked Burton's Wikipedia article and there is NO MENTION AT ALL of this movie.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter