Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:19 am

CL MMORPG STUFF!!

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby TheAppleFreak » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:53 pm

Rho wrote:Kingdom Hearts-style CL game? DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT

TheLordOfAppleFreaks wrote:
Rho wrote:How would I be able to download the video from Moonscoop's website, by the way?

I wouldn't say the graphics look really little kid-esque.. maybe the faces, but I don't really see it.

I don't think it'd be worth it to download it from Moonscoop directly. Rather, go over to the company website (Carth put it somewhere in an above post) and click on the second link. Then, you can download it.

There's also a couple other videos I want to get from Moonscoop's site.
I tried looking in the source code of the pages, but I found no direct link that I could use to download it.

I don't bother with source; tell me what you want and maybe I can get it for you. Or, if you have a flash converter, download Safari and open the site up in it. While the video is loading, got to the Activity window and double-click on the absurdly large file that's transferring. Chances are, that's the video.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Lani » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:58 pm

I can't see the videos, so I can't say anything ... ;_; but

knifeshock wrote:
Lord.Quackstar wrote:With the game itself, if this a freaking turn based game, I'm done. Turn based anything is retarded.
Agreed. I can't stand turn based rpg's with the exception of Pok(e)mon.

A-frekin-greed. I have no patience for turn-based so I probably wouldn't even touch it.

But the character designs are very Korean and cute xD Sure, the original characters look a bit different, but if this is going to be a foreal MMO then we shouldn't be seeing much of them, anyway.
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:14 pm

I must confess that I've never played an MMORG in my life. In truth, I'm not much of a video-game buyer.

But I will buy this.

Why? Because its Code Lyoko! I am really proud and glad that Moonscoop is investing cash in the franchise, and if the game is a success, then we can assume that further developments are just around the corner. Same goes for the books.

Hopefully this might also bring a new wave of fans into the franchise - new blood never hurts!

Guys, let the good times roll :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby A_QueenOfFairys » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:20 pm

SilverPrince wrote:Second thought: Whoa. Cool forest. BUT I DEMAND TOWERS. It's not Lyoko without towers.

There was a tower in the second video, when the user plays as Ulrich, Aelita and Odd.
Ulrich runs past it, but you only see the base. Also, it doesn't have as much of the black stuff as on the show, but it's still there :/
A_QueenOfFairys offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby optimus304 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:02 am

TB3 wrote:I must confess that I've never played an MMORG in my life. In truth, I'm not much of a video-game buyer.

But I will buy this.

Why? Because its Code Lyoko! I am really proud and glad that Moonscoop is investing cash in the franchise, and if the game is a success, then we can assume that further developments are just around the corner. Same goes for the books.

Hopefully this might also bring a new wave of fans into the franchise - new blood never hurts!

Guys, let the good times roll :)

New blood? thats a word i havent heard on here in a while.
been thier, destroyed that, saved them,
optimus304 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Rho » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:32 am

The activity thing worked, thanks.

With this MMORPG and these Novels, I have high doubts the franchise is dead yet.. this new season Stevie Vallance talked about might be legitimate.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:27 pm

Well... everyone was pretty skeptical for the book and the game... but it seems like they're really working behind the scenes on all of this.

Still, I really wish they would just let the fans know what's going on...

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby MY85 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:05 pm

Just saw that video. Can you imagine if this kind of thing happened to air on the tv series? Would have been a turnoff for me.

Maybe the game could be decent, but I'm not expecting a great game, honestly.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby smiller » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:07 am

As soon as I saw that on Codelyoko.fr, I headed my butt over here to see what else you guys found.

OH MY GOD. The anime style. It kills my xana-possessed heart. All I want is to see a large forehead.

I did not believe that this was Code Lyoko... No, the theme song going in the background didn't convince me. I finally believed it when I saw kankrelat's running around...

I can't download the test client. The page will not load. Smiller is sad.

This does not seem very good. >.< They better have some story to go with this! Pig tailed girl, reminds me of that one girl, you know, the girl in 6th year? According to home page, her name is Veronique Fayolle. But I don't think her pig tails are that dramatic.
I'LL TRADE MY LEVEL 10 KANKRELAT FOR YOUR LEVEL 27 BLOK!
smiller offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Taelia » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:53 am

I must confess that I've never played an MMORG in my life. In truth, I'm not much of a video-game buyer.

I've never played an MMORPG, period. So many people have left the fandom that they just don't care anymore.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby smiller » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:23 am

I think this (might) attract people that don't know the fandom very well.

I can just imagine some n00b running around asking who the hell Waldo Schaeffer is, and then yelling their head off when they find out that Odd does not have a ponytail in the cartoon.
smiller offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Taelia » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:43 am

But I will buy this.

I wish I could play the game with you, TB3. You've been such a good friend to me. :')
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby smiller » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:22 am

We can all play and level grind together. We'll be the Lyoko Freak clan, the first official clan of the game... starting now.

Yarrr.

By the way, does anyone know how to get the test client to work?
smiller offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby optimus304 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:10 am

smiller wrote:We can all play and level grind together. We'll be the Lyoko Freak clan, the first official clan of the game... starting now.

Yarrr.

Yes!!! One more step to world domination
been thier, destroyed that, saved them,
optimus304 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:43 pm

I hear you can create your own Warrior in this game, but how many Warriors can you make in one sitting?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:35 am

Taelia wrote:I hear you can create your own Warrior in this game, but how many Warriors can you make in one sitting?

We know as little as you at this point Taelia - its all a bit vague
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:07 pm

If it's true, that's be great! But unfortunately, from what I've seen, you can only create child Warriors. (snaps finngers in defeat)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:16 pm

optimus304 wrote:
smiller wrote:We can all play and level grind together. We'll be the Lyoko Freak clan, the first official clan of the game... starting now.

Yarrr.

Yes!!! One more step to world domination

Count me in~

I'm itching to make a character... I have the urge to recreate SO many of my OCs, just for the shameless enjoyment.

Postby Taelia » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:47 pm

My friend Elizabeth is looking to buy the game if it gets to console. :) Some MMORPGs do make it to the home console market, and I'm really looking forward to making my own Warriors. I, for instance, may create Sissi Delmas.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Jazzy Josh » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:36 pm

With the way the graphics are, I would definitely assume that it would be a browser based game or a game launched via a browser such as GunBound or Maple Story

@Jazzy Josh on Twitter.
Jazzy Josh offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:27 am

You know, there are other ways to implement turn based, or semi-turn based combat that would have worked better for this. Even just a World of Warcraft 'repeatedly bat at the enemy.' It looks like a straight up Final Fantasy game, which is ok, could be fun even, but oddly unfitting.

As for the dreamers: please remember that It's really difficult and bandwidth intensive to make a real-time combat system online. Not really impossible, but sufficiently hard that you tend not to see it outside of shooters and maybe some AAA third person titles. Most of the major big budget MMOs are just sufficiently fast turn based games without a lot of thought given to cover, terrain, or other real fighting concerns, it's just dicerolls as to hit or miss with maybe some minimal position tracking thrown in.

Really odd, being made by a Korean startup company. Not the first time we've seen a 'huh?' partnership out Moonscoop for games though. Visually it reminds of that Cartoon Network online game. Wonder if the technology implementing it is similar. Pretty sure theirs was browser launched at least, even if it did call some exe saved locally. We'll see as we get more details, I suppose.

I'm gonna download and pick through the strange test client thing they put up myself, but don't really anticipate digging out anything others didn't already get.

(Found the second vid on Youtube, THAT looks like a game I actually wanna play, even if it was with a party of you and your friend's OCs, they gave a lot of attention to fun graphics fighting that big pop up monster thing. If you're gonna do the classic JRPG turn base, thats how.)

---

Ok I've done some extensive diggings: .nif is a combination 3d model and skeletal system used by gamebryo's engine in things like Oblivion and Civilization 4. Unfortunately, the Koreans apparently didn't use it in the standard way (or at least in a sufficiently old version for the tool I have to open.) I can view a skeletal system of the characters, and in a couple of cases even get the skeleton to animate via the matched .kf files, but there is no mesh definition or texturing occurring as it stands. I suppose they intended to do it in the program, which is a shame because I wanted to generate a free-standing 3d picture. I have figured out a few things though. Unless there is some way to index inside of the animating .kf files, there 's almost no motions defined for the characters, just idle poses and in one case a walk, so it's likely there isn't much one could do in the demo we could download even if you could fake your way past the login/emulate a server/whatever would be required.

picking apart the character .nif's, I think the object meshes may be defined after all, so I'm going to try and get more recent tools or see if it's within my ability to update the older ones (read: probably not). I'll update if I figure anything out.

---

Unfortunately, looks like I'm not gonna get anywhere. The meshes are indeed using some kind of undefined series of bytes in a generic data block instead of triangle groups like most of the professional games have. It would take a long time and probably more skill than I have to piece that together. Sadly, so much for sticking together a 3d model without actually, you know, making a 3d model.

One last thing I may do if I get bored later this week is to snoop my own packets and see if that login screen is really trying to call home to some server or just checking against something stored in the program, since it doesn't look like there is much not kept locally.
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:51 pm

Sorry to double post, but I'm excited to get this noticed.
It's a little something I like to call 'proof of concept'

Aelita 3d Proof of Concept
(edit, in link form because the mods hate it when I stretch the page)

I'll post more of these as I work these new tools out a little better.

--

edit2: now that I've gotten over the shock of pulling one off, here's the rest of the gang.

Ulrich 3d Proof of Concept
You always were kind of emo, now you just have the swoop and missing 2/3s of a single pants leg to prove it.

Odd 3d Proof of Concept
Well, it's no weirder than your hair in the show was, I suppose.

Yumi 3d Proof of Concept
Ah they were not kind to Yumi. Could have at least gotten her hair color right...
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:40 pm

Thanks for posting that, ATL! (And thank you even more for linking, my whiny little monitor is pleased)

It looks like they took quite a few liberties with the design. (Does Aelita's hair remind anyone of Akari's from Aria? It looks like they've aged her a bit, too. I wonder if this is ahead in the timeline... probably.

I'll admit, I'm not too big a fan of the gauntlets. They really stressed the limbs anatomy-wise... almost looks painful. Ah well, for some reason, I think it looks slightly better in motion like that, just becuase ti gives more attention. But still... wow.

Respective edit: Ulrich? Is that you? What have thy done?! How is that samurai looking? It's very grunge-y... one of the reasons I liked his old costume was that it was very clean-looking... guess that's lost, too.
Odd... Is now Wolverine. A purple Wolverine. In a ponytail. At least his jacket is cool...
And Yumi... what was wrong with her hair? She's so unrecognizable now... And rather cutesy... I don't really see that with her character.

The more define bodies and noticeably longer hairstyles still makes me think they tried to age up the characters.

Korea.... this means war.

Now all we need is Jeremie *fangirl cry*
Last edited by Overcaffeinated Sloth on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby green » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:42 pm

I actually like Yumi's out fit a lot, but ohgod that HAIR ;_;
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:55 pm

I think I could even get over the style, the color just bothers me since it seems like a different character almost now.

Anyway, next on the to do list is to get some monster pics up. I'm not going to bother with the stuff they designed (although maybe a couple of them are cool enough to include.)

There's also an animation tool, but I'm a little loathe to post videos up anywhere public. Much like the fanslation, digging into this stuff is a little on the questionable side.
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

PreviousNext