Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:51 am

CL MMORPG STUFF!!

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Lani » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:13 pm

Well, it's obviously being produced by Koreans. Hey, French and Korean culture is rather different. Their idea of what looks 'good' for a teenager of that age isn't going to be the same. So they're taking some artistic liberty here. It's not bad, necessarily, just different. If it's an MMO, then I don't think it should really matter because the main characters shouldn't be showing up very much, anyway. OR! They could be trying to recreate the characters as close as they can with the styles they've created for character creation. Showing off, and whatnot.

But oh, Ulrich... <3
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheAppleFreak » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:26 am

...Never show me Odd's again. Never again.

I congratulate you for putting these together, ALT. However, the character design is slightly pushing me away from purchasing the game, if it's being sold. If its free, then I'll still get it, but if it's paid, not a chance.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby TB3 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:58 am

Something like this won't be free - it'll be like WoW - you buy the basic software and then play online.

Personally, although the art style is not quite to my taste (Yumi! Why have the Lollified You!!?), I'm going to wait until we hear about actual gameplay and storyline before I make my decision :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:19 pm

Actually a lot of these Korean type MMOs tend to be free to play, and support themselves by selling premium or purely decorative items in game for real world sums. A few (Maple Story, for example) have even made it profitable. Being a licensed media though, there is a chance they'll use the WoW sales model too.

Bear in mind, this client is an alpha, probably just a company internal evaluation. It's quite open to being refined, both in terms of game and art direction. Remember, most of what you're going to see are your and other people's custom characters anyway, if it's like most MMO's. Point of interest, the player character are dynamically generated from a bunch of different .nif files (heads, hair, hands, feet, shoulder, etc.) so I can't view them as a complete unit like the NPC gang here.

So yeah, patience grasshopper. IF (and I stress this because it could easily wind up in development hell,) they ever get it developed then we'll see how it is.

Anyway, since I said this yesterday, here are their takes on
the humble Kankrelat,
the airborne Hornet,
and the Versatile Krabbe.
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby TheLQ » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:50 pm

All the XANA monsters look pretty close to the originals. But does the crab now have rotating turrets on its head?!

With it being the WoW model, its only a matter of time before "private servers" become available on the interwebs. Then we just need someone to host an LF only server, and were done.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:59 pm

WHOA! That Krabe looks even more dangerous now!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rho » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:49 pm

If this is going to cost money, they'll need to air it on some channel in the USA if they want a success. Nickelodeon might get CL, they've been snagging a lot of Moonscoop properties lately.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Re: CL MMORPG STUFF!!

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:24 am

I'd just like to point out that cl.fr totally took my work from this ancient thread and didn't credit me: http://www.codelyoko.fr/jeuxvideo/mmorpg.cl :sad7:

Well, that's also pretty good proof we know the MMO idea is dead for good now, if the years of no updates didn't clue anybody in.
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Previous