Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:44 pm

CL Episode Streaming Party TONIGHT!

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

CL Episode Streaming Party TONIGHT!

Postby Carth » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:05 pm

So as I mentioned offhand in BKO, in honor of Valentine's Day, I'm going to force you all to dig up your latent memory of Code: Lyoko and have whoever's interested watch "Saint Valentine's Day" together. Come to enjoy the ep, make fun of the ep, insult the ep, troll the conversation...whatever fizzles your bizzle.

This will take place on my brand new shiny livestream account: http://www.livestream.com/viewingparty

I'm setting a tentative start time at 8 PM EST (that's 7 central, 6 mountain, and 5 pacific. GMT 1 AM for anyone else who wants to figure it out) and a tentative end time of an hour later. This may be adjusted earlier or later if any of you loves have to do anything like, say, have dinner or go out on a date or any of those lovey smacky things people do. So watch this space.

I know a CL episode is only about 22 minutes, but I'll also be sticking around to watch another episode. I have every episode, and I'll be putting those two onlines (probably on Veoh) for the occasion. Suggestions are welcome, but if I don't have any by 7 PM EST (when i'm uploading everything) we're watching Teddygozilla.

CL-loving guests are welcome- I'm going to try and pull my boyfriend into it. So far SilverPrince says he'll come...anyone gonna join us?
Last edited by Carth on Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Carth offline

Postby TheLQ » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:18 pm

Stream them from your computer so we can all comment on them at the same time. I could do it if that download finishes in time.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:28 pm

Lord.Quackstar wrote:Stream them from your computer so we can all comment on them at the same time. I could do it if that download finishes in time.

I didn't have that thought! I seem to recall a streaming website somewhere...Livestream, I think it was. If there's a way to get it to broadcast a file that would be awesome. Good idea. Still can't get to the server, however...
Carth offline

Postby green » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:28 pm

Yeah, I'll try and catch this.

The only problem I have with that is that my AVG hates Veoh, but I can get around that easy.
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SilverPrince » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:29 pm

I'll refrain from voting about the venue because I'm fine with either the LF chat tab or an instant messenger. However, the LF chat would be more accessible; not everyone has the same IM client.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:32 pm

Yay! I have more attention! But while I'll still use AIM/LF as a fallback, I'm willing to give Livestream a shot once I figure out how it works. http://www.livestream.com/viewingparty is what I just made. Problem is, I don't know if I'll be able to comment with you loves...I think I will, though.

EDIT: Forget the poll, we're going with livestream. I just checked it and it should work great, just so long as I make the thing fullscreen and am able to keep the chat dialog above it...I'll test that now.
Carth offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:59 pm

Cool! I'll try to join the party, but I might not be able to, since my family's going to dinner.

I'll post an update eventually.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Lani » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:02 pm

I'll try to make it, granted I'm not eating dinner. Mind if I pop in late?
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:04 pm

TheLordOfAppleFreaks wrote:Cool! I'll try to join the party, but I might not be able to, since my family's going to dinner.

I'll post an update eventually.

D8! If you can happen to find out what times, I can either adjust it or watch it with you again.

I've just tested the thingamabob. The screen doesn't support VLC, but I have found that if I upload it to another site and stream it it works just fine. So yeah. I'm playing Dramatic Chipmunk over and over if anyone wants to see it now. Or other music.

EDIT: You know what, I'll start whenever I finish dinner (probably sometime after 7 EST) and we'll start when the most people show up. Kay? Kay. Thanks for all the interest, loves!
Carth offline

Postby . » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:31 pm

I won't be able to join you guys tonight, but this idea intrigues me. If it goes well why don't we do a weekly viewing party?
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:32 pm

D.T. Evolution wrote:I won't be able to join you guys tonight, but this idea intrigues me. If it goes well why don't we do a weekly viewing party?

Now that I've gone through the trouble of setting up a livestream account, that sounds like a cool story.

EDIT: Okay, here's how things are gonna work. I can get video alright, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get audio- unless it's through an outside microphone. I have tested this and the sound quality is good- except that whenever I type you hear BOOM BA BOOM BA BOOM noises if the sound isn't loud enough. I'm going to try and fix that by keeping the mic off the computer itself.
Carth offline

Postby TheLQ » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:12 pm

Carth wrote:
D.T. Evolution wrote:I won't be able to join you guys tonight, but this idea intrigues me. If it goes well why don't we do a weekly viewing party?

Now that I've gone through the trouble of setting up a livestream account, that sounds like a cool story.

EDIT: Okay, here's how things are gonna work. I can get video alright, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get audio- unless it's through an outside microphone. I have tested this and the sound quality is good- except that whenever I type you hear BOOM BA BOOM BA BOOM noises if the sound isn't loud enough. I'm going to try and fix that by keeping the mic off the computer itself.

Well what are you streaming from: Your computer or tv? Check cables, make sure everything is plugged in correctly, select the right microphone/audio device, etc. I'm to exactly sure what to do though since i've never tried it.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:31 pm

Lord.Quackstar wrote:
Carth wrote:

Well what are you streaming from: Your computer or tv? Check cables, make sure everything is plugged in correctly, select the right microphone/audio device, etc. I'm to exactly sure what to do though since i've never tried it.

Computer. I have chosen every audio input option; none of them seem to work except my webcam.
Carth offline

Postby TheLQ » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:42 pm

Carth wrote:
Lord.Quackstar wrote:
Carth wrote:

Computer. I have chosen every audio input option; none of them seem to work except my webcam.

How are you streaming it? Are you streaming your desktop? Try changing the audio output in your video program to something else, maybe Live stream will fix it. If you still need help im in the IRC lyokofreak channel.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:51 pm

I've found the problem. Apparently, Livestream's streaming program, procaster, does not have any desktop audio options unless you run Vista or Windows 7. I'm on XP. There is a fix on the forums, which...doesn't work with my video card. Crap.

I'm going to try a different site I saw, see if that fixes it. Also, I'm getting the vids uploaded.
Carth offline

Postby green » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:56 pm

where are they being uploaded to now? also do we have a definite time for the chat?
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:56 pm

If you want, I could run Procaster on my Mac and do the thingamabob. Only thing is I don't have St. Valentine's Day. Also, I'm prolly heading to dinner in a bit, so I'll most likely be late.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby Carth » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:02 pm

T-Loaf, that's a brilliant idea! If you have your own channel, you could stream them from there. If you don't, I'll give you my username and password. If you could tell us what time you'll be back from dinner, we'll start with you. I'll PM the episode links to you, and you can stream from your desktop.

Thankyouthankyouthankyou.

(Or, if anyone else has Vista, Windows 7, or a Mac...)

INFORMATION AS IT STANDS:

TIME: Whenever T-Loaf gets back from dinner
PLACE: A Livestream Channel
EPISODES: Saint Valentine's Day, A Bad Turn (oh, right, I lied. We're watching that one)
YOU: Watching it
Carth offline

Postby Carth » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:41 pm

I need to stop getting ahead of myself. As it turns out, operation "record the audio seperately" was a disaster because it overtaxed my computer and nothing was in sync.

So, we have two options. One, we could go with the original plan- we meet in either AIM or the chatroom (I think the consensus was the chatroom...), I give out the links, and we all watch them in perfect tandem. Of course, this would require you all to have all of your Megavideo time.

Two, we could wait for T-Loaf to get them and stream them himself. My idea is, I'll be set to do things my way at 8, and if you guys want to join me, that'd be lovely. If T-Loaf wants to stream them again, he can.
Carth offline

Postby SilverPrince » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:11 pm

I've downloaded procaster and things seem to be working good. If we can't wait for T-Loaf, I might be able to give it a shot.

<s>Hm. On second thought, I'm getting this weird echo...</s>
That was just because I also had my broadcast on in my browser. As far as I can tell, http://www.livestream.com/argentTV is suitable. Could someone pop in and see if it is?

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:19 pm

SilverPrince wrote:I've downloaded procaster and things seem to be working good. If we can't wait for T-Loaf, I might be able to give it a shot.

Hm. On second thought, I'm getting this weird echo...

And in our proud tradition of rapidly changing plans, uh *gives links to SilverPrince* whatever SilverPrince does is fine by me! 8D

And that means *ahem* GO TO SILVERPRINCE'S LINK AT 8 FOR THE STREAM. OR SUMMAT. THANK YOU. LOVE YOU.

Or if you want you can go in right now. There be a party brewin.
Carth offline

Postby Carth » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:00 am

So the St. Valentine's Day marathon was a complete success! I want to have more. When are we gonna have the next one? 8D
Carth offline

Postby SilverPrince » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:06 am

Chances are I'll be up for it whenever there's a large group demand for it. Even if my computer apparently sucks.

SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheLQ » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:10 am

SilverPrince wrote:Chances are I'll be up for it whenever there's a large group demand for it. Even if my computer apparently sucks.

Oh yea, you changed Nicks...

We could try it again. I'm sure T-LOAF (where'd that name come from btw? Seemed random) would be willing to host it on his mac. And we should try and find someone with a better Internet...

But besides compy issues, it was great!
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SilverPrince » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:15 am

Lord.Quackstar wrote:I'm sure T-LOAF (where'd that name come from btw? Seemed random)

T-LOAF = TheLordOfAppleFreaks

SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Next