Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:49 pm

Update on American DVDs

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Update on American DVDs

Postby Rho » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:10 am

Well, another forum I go on frequently has a topic for asking questions to a FUNimation rep. I asked if there were any plans for CL DVDs in the near future, my response was no.

FUNimation has released all of the American DVDs for the show so far. So unless Moonscoop signed a deal with another company... No DVDs in America for a while. :/
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Sciron » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:44 am

By now, I think releasing any sort of DVD is pointless with the fandom this inactive. I can't see how they would sell well.
Sciron offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: Stop stalking me, and then maybe I'll tell you...NOT.

Postby Carth » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:30 am

As much as I hate to admit it, Sciron's right. There's little to no market for CL in the US. I doubt I'd buy the DVDs.

(Of course, if the show was American or Japanese, things would be different. It's discrimination, I'm telling you... :whatever:)
Carth offline

Postby DeadViolet » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:08 pm

I saw the DVD's at FYE a few days ago. 1st and 2nd season. :3
Didn't buy 'em tho.......

*I'm that one crazy girl formerly known as Misha*
DeadViolet offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko Wario » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:16 pm

thousand-mistress wrote:I saw the DVD's at FYE a few days ago. 1st and 2nd season. :3

Stop. Second season? They released the second season on DVD?

THIS IS LIKE SOOPAH HEWG NEWS FOR ME.

I've gotta go get them as soon as humanly possible.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Carth » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:06 pm

Planet Cool wrote:
thousand-mistress wrote:I saw the DVD's at FYE a few days ago. 1st and 2nd season. :3

Stop. Second season? They released the second season on DVD?

THIS IS LIKE SOOPAH HEWG NEWS FOR ME.

I've gotta go get them as soon as humanly possible.

According to Word of Wikipedia, they released one disc of the second season, with scattered episodes like the first few discs. There was a flyer in there for a second disc of season 2, "coming soon". This was in 2006.

But, they're still selling them in some stores! That's good! (Or, those DVDs have been sitting there since 2006! That's bad!)
Carth offline

Postby Rho » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:52 am

I have the DVD of the 2nd Season. It's one disc with episodes 27, 28, 29, 30, and 31. It indeed advertised another DVD that would presumably have episodes 32, 33, 34, 35, and 36.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Random-Girl » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:23 pm

I wish they would make more dvds though. :no: And make it so all of season 2, 3, or 4 is all on one dvd, so for any fans that are left can still watch them. I know there aren't alot of fans of CL, but it really sucks when you want to re-watch the series, and you can't watch past the first season, and about 5 episodes from S2.

I know that the last post was in last august, but I think the rule is that you can't make new topic if one already exists so....

Random-Girl offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:16 pm

Random-Girl wrote:I wish they would make more dvds though. :no: And make it so all of season 2, 3, or 4 is all on one dvd, so for any fans that are left can still watch them. I know there aren't alot of fans of CL, but it really sucks when you want to re-watch the series, and you can't watch past the first season, and about 5 episodes from S2.

I know that the last post was in last august, but I think the rule is that you can't make new topic if one already exists so....

It does suck. However, that's what the internetz are for :)

And the policy on necroposting is that you acn only do it if you add something to the conversation. You're the judge on whether this post contributes or not.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Random-Girl » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:37 pm

TheLordOfAppleFreaks wrote:
Random-Girl wrote:I wish they would make more dvds though. :no: And make it so all of season 2, 3, or 4 is all on one dvd, so for any fans that are left can still watch them. I know there aren't alot of fans of CL, but it really sucks when you want to re-watch the series, and you can't watch past the first season, and about 5 episodes from S2.

And the policy on necroposting is that you acn only do it if you add something to the conversation. You're the judge on whether this post contributes or not.

It probably doesn't contribute much to the discussion, sorry. I also can't find alot of the episodes onlline really. Either the website is missing them or something like that.

Random-Girl offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Carth » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:59 pm

Random-Girl wrote:
TheLordOfAppleFreaks wrote:

It probably doesn't contribute much to the discussion, sorry. I also can't find alot of the episodes onlline really. Either the website is missing them or something like that.

It is true that CL is a bit rare to find online these days- unless it's in a language that's not English, it seems. I seem to recall that Kabillion has the first season, but of course that's all out on DVD...try different video sites, not just Youtube, but Veoh and such.

Also, welcome to the forum, Random-Girl! If you could make a newbie thread and introduce yourself that would be lovelycakes. <3
Carth offline

Postby optimus304 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:10 pm

The original word is that the contract with the dvds from funnimation was voided. Moonscoop is looking for a new vendor to release thier dvds on. they where hoping to get one a while back. but of course that was a while ago.
been thier, destroyed that, saved them,
optimus304 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid