Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:27 am

Code Lyoko: Rebirth (International CL Fan Continuation)

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Rho » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:25 pm

Applied.

Where's this going to be hosted? Is it going to be a download, or will it be on YouTube or a similar site?
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Lyoko Wario » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:30 pm

Hopefully YouTube or Veoh, so it's more readily accessible.

Not to put pressure on anyone, but my questions from the last page remain unanswered...

Oh, and Rho, I finally figured out what your avatar is supposed to be. Batman GIR! :*D
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Evil Jeremy » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:55 pm

First, how loyal are the designs for CLR to the original designs from the series? Are you attempting to make them the same, or are you going for a totally new thing?

We are trying to stay as true to the original animation as possible. With the scenes on Lyoko, it will be easier to stick with the original animation, and while it will be difficult to replicate the 2d earth animation, we will try our best to do it.

Second, is the tone of the show the same, or has it gotten darker and edgier / lighter and softer?

We will have a better idea as we get further into production and we will let you know as we get closer to the completion of this project.

Lastly, has a significant amount of time passed from the end of the series to the beginning of CLR? Thanks in advance.

Lets just say that you won't be disappointed lol. More info regarding the story will be released as time goes by. However, its not like the characters are already going to be grown up with families or anything lol. Our heroes will still be students at Kadic.
Evil Jeremy offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Lyokosui » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:46 pm

Thanks, ccbtimewiz. Got the PM and added you to my contacts list. :)
Fictional Conversation after the Episode "Routine:

Ulrich - "You couldn't wait, could you?"
Jeremy - "What are you talking about?"
*Ulrich grabs and lifts Jeremy by his collar.
Ulrich - "I was this close to tasting her porcelain lips. We weren't in any danger, but noooo! You had to return to the past anyway!"
*Jeremy sniffles as Aelita appears on screen and rolls her eyes
Aelita - Ulrich, put him down.

Lyokosui offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Lyoko Wario » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:04 pm

Evil Jeremy wrote:
First, how loyal are the designs for CLR to the original designs from the series? Are you attempting to make them the same, or are you going for a totally new thing?

We are trying to stay as true to the original animation as possible. With the scenes on Lyoko, it will be easier to stick with the original animation, and while it will be difficult to replicate the 2d earth animation, we will try our best to do it.

Second, is the tone of the show the same, or has it gotten darker and edgier / lighter and softer?

We will have a better idea as we get further into production and we will let you know as we get closer to the completion of this project.

Lastly, has a significant amount of time passed from the end of the series to the beginning of CLR? Thanks in advance.

Lets just say that you won't be disappointed lol. More info regarding the story will be released as time goes by. However, its not like the characters are already going to be grown up with families or anything lol. Our heroes will still be students at Kadic.

I figured the 2D designs would be the hardest part. But if I may, I'd like to offer a humble suggestion: if you can't get the designs to look exactly right, it'd be better to go with a totally new, "original" design aesthetic for the show than to use one that looks almost-right-but-not-quite. That way, you'll avoid falling into the Uncanny Valley, e.g. having the things that don't look the same look all the faker because they contrast with the things that do look exactly the same (as we remember from CL, I mean). Just something you may want to think about, but then again, I'm not that much of a fan artist.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby ccbtimewiz » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:15 pm

Pictures are worth a thousand words, as they say. So I will answer your question with a few of our 2D concept artworks:

William Dunbar (2D concept artwork)
Odd Della Robbia (2D concept artwork)
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Lyoko Wario » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:46 pm

ccbtimewiz wrote:Pictures are worth a thousand words, as they say. So I will answer your question with a few of our 2D concept artworks:

My word, those look good! They need to be streamlined a little more, but great job so far!
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:44 pm

ccbtimewiz wrote:Pictures are worth a thousand words, as they say. So I will answer your question with a few of our 2D concept artworks:

Those are awesome; I can't wait to hear back from the application team, 'cuz I wanna be a part of this project.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Lyoko Wario » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:06 pm

TheAppleFreak wrote:

Those are awesome; I can't wait to hear back from the application team, 'cuz I wanna be a part of this project.

Same-o. :D
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TheLQ » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:33 pm

Who is coordnating this whole thing? It seems the website was designed by people here at lyokofreak but i have yet to see or here this "Dolphin Animation Team". Do they know our existance? Do they recognise that were here to help?
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby ccbtimewiz » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:38 pm

Xana's Fist wrote:Who is coordnating this whole thing? It seems the website was designed by people here at lyokofreak but i have yet to see or here this "Dolphin Animation Team". Do they know our existance? Do they recognise that were here to help?

I am coordinating the project (since I am a project manager/executive producer/webmaster/whatever you wish to call it) and I designed the basic layout. We have a maintenance/techie team dealing with the website from here on out and we are in no way affiliated with Lyoko Freak either.

Dolphin Animation Team consists of Polish Code Lyoko fans. You probably haven't heard of them, but some of them (like Omasz) was the one who translated my Code Lyoko Remix Project (Super Nova) into Polish.
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby ccbtimewiz » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:54 pm

Those that are eager for an example of our 3D animation:

ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Carth » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:44 am

Wow! Don't take this as condescending, but this is a whole lot better than what I was expecting! Gorgeous job so far, and also with the 2D concept art.

On a happier note for myself, this scene tells us in a ninja fashion that because you are making a 3D model for William, William will be on Lyoko in this story, meaning there will be action on Lyoko, meaning the plot goes on! Pretty simple conclusions, but they excite me nonetheless x3

*skitters off to apply*
Carth offline

Postby Jeremified » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:58 am

Carth wrote:Wow! Don't take this as condescending, but this is a whole lot better than what I was expecting! Gorgeous job so far, and also with the 2D concept art.

My thoughts exactly. This is going to be absolutely amazing from the looks of things so far.

If you need me for anything, just PM me. I'm good with web design, if you're in need of one of those sorts of people.
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby ccbtimewiz » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:49 am

Carth wrote:Wow! Don't take this as condescending, but this is a whole lot better than what I was expecting! Gorgeous job so far, and also with the 2D concept art.

On a happier note for myself, this scene tells us in a ninja fashion that because you are making a 3D model for William, William will be on Lyoko in this story, meaning there will be action on Lyoko, meaning the plot goes on! Pretty simple conclusions, but they excite me nonetheless x3

*skitters off to apply*

Tee hee. Note the outfit William is in, though. :nyeh!:
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:53 am

WHOA!! Are you guys borrowing animation techniques and technology from MoonScoop? Those pictures are awesome!

You gonna have any of the CL romances on there?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby ccbtimewiz » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:25 am

Taelia wrote:WHOA!! Are you guys borrowing animation techniques and technology from MoonScoop? Those pictures are awesome!

Yes we will have CL romance, and yes they will be canon.
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TB3 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:35 pm

Interesting...I eagerly await further developmrnts! :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TB3 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:30 pm

ccbtimewiz wrote:
Taelia wrote:WHOA!! Are you guys borrowing animation techniques and technology from MoonScoop? Those pictures are awesome!

You need to clarify this. Do you mean 'yes we'll be following the canon couples', which is fine, or 'we'll be creating couples, which will then be canon', which is not

We're fans, canon is not for us to decide
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Carth » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:34 pm

ccbtimewiz wrote:

*skitters off to apply*

Tee hee. Note the outfit William is in, though. :nyeh!:
''

Yes, I did indeed notice. That means he will be on the SIDE OF JUSTICE! Er, I think. 8P Sorry, I'm a little excited. It's almost like CL's coming back.

Has anything else been done for the series so far? Like, scriptwriting and such? Will we be getting teasers? *brick'd*
Carth offline

Postby Lyoko Wario » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:46 pm

ccbtimewiz wrote:Those that are eager for an example of our 3D animation:

I love it! Good William ftw!

Also, I apologize if this comes off as arrogant, but I discovered two very simple problems with the 2D designs (I realized what they where when I watched some of the taped second season episodes I have): the lines / outlines are too thick, and the skin tones are too dark. Other than those two minor things, they're utterly perfect and I can't freaking wait to see them in action. As for everyone wondering about the canon thing, I think he just means that CLR will follow the couples already established in canon. Changing them around would anger people anyway.

Oh, and don't forget I applied to be a scriptwriter! I'm good! SRSLY! :D
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby tookys » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:55 pm

WoW this looks amazing. Can't wait to see the finished thing.
Code lyoko is real. The proof is in hidden codes, phrases, the songs played backwards, and even odd's smelly feet prove lyoko's existence.

If you think im lieing i'll get xana to posses your teddy bear.

your answer to one of the 2 following questions is extremely important.

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

Code: Aelita, Earth, Xana, Aelita Scheaffer, Acceptence?
tookys offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Lyokosui » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:03 pm

The more I see on the visual aspects, the more I want to work on the written side of things. This is how inspiration works as things really come together.
Fictional Conversation after the Episode "Routine:

Ulrich - "You couldn't wait, could you?"
Jeremy - "What are you talking about?"
*Ulrich grabs and lifts Jeremy by his collar.
Ulrich - "I was this close to tasting her porcelain lips. We weren't in any danger, but noooo! You had to return to the past anyway!"
*Jeremy sniffles as Aelita appears on screen and rolls her eyes
Aelita - Ulrich, put him down.

Lyokosui offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Lyoko Wario » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:34 pm

Lyokosui wrote:The more I see on the visual aspects, the more I want to work on the written side of things. This is how inspiration works as things really come together.

Que-tea-eff, brother (or possibly sister). Que-tea-eff.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby ccbtimewiz » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:02 pm

TB3 wrote:
ccbtimewiz wrote:

You need to clarify this. Do you mean 'yes we'll be following the canon couples', which is fine, or 'we'll be creating couples, which will then be canon', which is not

We're fans, canon is not for us to decide

As in;

Aelita x Jeremy
Ulrich x Yumi
William x Who knows.

Has anything else been done for the series so far? Like, scriptwriting and such? Will we be getting teasers? *brick'd*

Yes, spoilers/teasers will be released through-out the summer, as said in the first post.

Also, I apologize if this comes off as arrogant, but I discovered two very simple problems with the 2D designs (I realized what they where when I watched some of the taped second season episodes I have): the lines / outlines are too thick, and the skin tones are too dark. Other than those two minor things, they're utterly perfect and I can't freaking wait to see them in action. As for everyone wondering about the canon thing, I think he just means that CLR will follow the couples already established in canon. Changing them around would anger people anyway.

This is somewhat on purpose as we don't want to exactly copy Moonscoop's original work (copyright and such...) so we might end up using this style. However nothing is set in stone at this point in time.
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

PreviousNext