Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:58 pm

Code Lyoko: Rebirth (International CL Fan Continuation)

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Lyoko Wario » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:46 pm

ccbtimewiz wrote:
Also, I apologize if this comes off as arrogant, but I discovered two very simple problems with the 2D designs (I realized what they where when I watched some of the taped second season episodes I have): the lines / outlines are too thick, and the skin tones are too dark. Other than those two minor things, they're utterly perfect and I can't freaking wait to see them in action. As for everyone wondering about the canon thing, I think he just means that CLR will follow the couples already established in canon. Changing them around would anger people anyway.

This is somewhat on purpose as we don't want to exactly copy Moonscoop's original work (copyright and such...) so we might end up using this style. However nothing is set in stone at this point in time.

You won't be infringing upon copyright unless you charge people to watch it. By the way, I wasn't saying I didn't like the work you guys have done, I was just pointing out the differences.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Rho » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:00 pm

WilliamxSissi seems to be fairly popular and was somewhat hinted at in Fight to the Finish.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:33 pm

Rho wrote:WilliamxSissi seems to be fairly popular and was somewhat hinted at in Fight to the Finish.

Yet OddxSissi does have its moments, like in the prequel...perhaps an indecisive love triangle? That would be neet, dramatic, and tie in to the main love web. I guess. 8D;

*sits and waits for things to happen*
Carth offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:34 pm

Carth wrote:
Rho wrote:WilliamxSissi seems to be fairly popular and was somewhat hinted at in Fight to the Finish.

Yet OddxSissi does have its moments, like in the prequel...perhaps an indecisive love triangle? That would be neet, dramatic, and tie in to the main love web. I guess. 8D;

*sits and waits for things to happen*

Ooh! I sense a scandal!
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Tangent128 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:55 pm

Looking nice! Alas, I have, like, four other projects/obligations to deal with at the moment... (Unless you need a technobabble writer?)
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Lyokosui » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:58 pm

OddxSissi seems to be the best pairing for both of them because Sissi is very strong-willed and can leash Odd from going after other girls whereas Odd can help Sissi become a better person. I personally like OddxSam more, but location prohibits them from advancing their relationship, not to mention the events of Season 3 Finale.
Fictional Conversation after the Episode "Routine:

Ulrich - "You couldn't wait, could you?"
Jeremy - "What are you talking about?"
*Ulrich grabs and lifts Jeremy by his collar.
Ulrich - "I was this close to tasting her porcelain lips. We weren't in any danger, but noooo! You had to return to the past anyway!"
*Jeremy sniffles as Aelita appears on screen and rolls her eyes
Aelita - Ulrich, put him down.

Lyokosui offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Lyoko Wario » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:20 pm

Sissi trying to teach Odd not to be such a womanizer sounds like it could be a very funny plot development.

Then again, non-womanizing Odd just isn't the Odd I've come to know and love...
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:26 pm

OddxSissi seems to be the best pairing for both of them because Sissi is very strong-willed and can leash Odd from going after other girls whereas Odd can help Sissi become a better person. I personally like OddxSam more, but location prohibits them from advancing their relationship, not to mention the events of the Season 3 finale.

I'd much rather pair William up with Samantha. :) And besides, Sissi has presence, beauty, and character all her own. She can be a great girlfriend for Odd.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko Wario » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:17 pm

Taelia wrote:I'd much rather pair William up with Samantha. :) And besides, Sissi has presence, beauty, and character all her own. She can be a great girlfriend for Odd.

Every time I hear Cyndi Lauper singing "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" I think of Sissi. :D

They even sound alike.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:28 pm

(imagines Jodi singing that song in Sissi'ss voice and laughs) That's funny. Cyndi is also the girl that sings the Pee-wee's Playhouse theme song.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko Wario » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:00 pm

Any more news on this?
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby ccbtimewiz » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:48 am

Yes, we're now entering the long and boring "we must now continue to animate and get the episode actually done" phase.

Applicants have been approved. Those who got approved, you know who you are. If you didn't get approved, we apologize for it and we thank you regardless for your consideration into this project.

If you're still interested in helping out, feel free to donate to the project at the website, or post your ideas/suggestions here in this thread as I post more blips of spoilers.

Everyone that donates, drop me an email saying you did and how much, and your name will be included in the credits.
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby KAiRO » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:50 am

This looks like so awesome! I'm excited to see it! Like super excited! The animation looks crazy! (good way. lol.)

I have a question, there's gonna be like voice acting in it, right? Is there gonna be like auditions or something for the voices?
My cousin on here is GinoLyoko12. :)
KAiRO offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Lyoko Wario » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:01 pm

ccbtimewiz wrote:Applicants have been approved. Those who got approved, you know who you are. If you didn't get approved, we apologize for it and we thank you regardless for your consideration into this project.

So, you chose to reject me. I take it you had a staff list good and ready well before you even asked for applications.

I'll politely ask you to reconsider. I'm a damned good writer, and have shown no lack of enthusiasm for the project.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby ccbtimewiz » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:53 pm

Planet Cool wrote:
ccbtimewiz wrote:Applicants have been approved. Those who got approved, you know who you are. If you didn't get approved, we apologize for it and we thank you regardless for your consideration into this project.

So, you chose to reject me. I take it you had a staff list good and ready well before you even asked for applications.

I'll politely ask you to reconsider. I'm a damned good writer, and have shown no lack of enthusiasm for the project.

Look in your private messages inbox.
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Carth » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:08 pm

I know you told me that I was accepted, but I still haven't received any sort of email notification. I did sign up to the forums themselves, finally- is a forum sign-up and a project sign-up entirely different?

Either way, thank you so much!! I'll do the best I can, and better!
Carth offline

Postby Lyokosui » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:08 pm

Carth wrote:I know you told me that I was accepted, but I still haven't received any sort of email notification. I did sign up to the forums themselves, finally- is a forum sign-up and a project sign-up entirely different?

Either way, thank you so much!! I'll do the best I can, and better!

So, will I. :)

Ulrich - "I was this close to tasting her porcelain lips. We weren't in any danger, but noooo! You had to return to the past anyway!"

Lyokosui offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:07 am

Are you guys, by chance, in need of a 2D background artist? I might be able to figure out a way to make some imitations of the original backgrounds, if I'm lucky!

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby ccbtimewiz » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:23 pm

Show us some examples. :)
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby ccbtimewiz » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:45 pm

Updates

- We wish to welcome Planet Cool and Lyokosui (from Lyoko Freak) into our team as English scriptwriters.

- We wish to welcome Carth (from Lyoko Freak) into our team as a Graphic Designer.

So far, we, the team, have been working on animation tests and creating artwork to accompany the episode. Soon, writers will be given the storyline, and the script will be written. Afterwards, characters will be animated as they would be in the episode (with correct gestures). This entire process will take some time, and without effort from the entire team, it will be impossible.

We're assuming about a month of animation/scripting/designing, and half a month to "tidy" up the episode. We plan on having the episode localized/translated into other languages via subs (or even dubs, depending on the amount of reception) at the time of release.

Thanks!
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Lyokosui » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:48 am

I'm glad to be a part of the team. Whenever you need to contact me, you already have my email. I'm ready to work on the script anytime you need it. This is so exciting, I can't wait.

Lyokosui offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Lyoko Wario » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Lyokosui wrote:I'm glad to be a part of the team. Whenever you need to contact me, you already have my email. I'm ready to work on the script anytime you need it. This is so exciting, I can't wait.

This. Glad to be of service and all that.

I'm not telling anyone, by the way, because I want this to be my Lyoko-related secret I can keep. XD
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:17 pm

Really? :)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko Wario » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:28 pm

Yes, really! No one outside this website shall ever know my secret. It's my way of "paying homage" (so to speak) to CL's legacy. :D

Little does the world suspect that mild-mannered Planet Cool is merely a front...
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Lyokosui » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:30 pm

Hi everyone, been a while since anyone has been on this thread. Well, it's been around six weeks since the last update and there has been no word either here or on the official website. Also, the conversations on Skype have stopped. Just checking in on the progress for I've been on my toes this whole time waiting to write scripts with Planet Cool and waiting to get the email giving me the green light.

Give me a reply whenever is most convenient for you. If you don't want to reply via thread, then PM or email me. Hope to hear from you soon. :)

Lyokosui offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

PreviousNext