Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:53 pm

What if there was a Code Lyoko Live action movie?

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Lyoko Wario » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:20 pm

SearchingLyoko wrote:No live action... please.

I just found out that Avatar: the last airbender is doing THREE live action moves... and I'm bawling my eyes out.

Please, just stick to the animation! It's not that hard.

There's nothing inherently wrong with live-action adaptations. I personally dig the idea. I'm glad there are live-action ATLA movies coming, but then there's the huge hippo-elephant in the room about the casting. The vast majority of the actors are white as opposed to east Asian, like the characters in the show are. I personally think this didn't come about through malice but because it's a Nickelodeon pictures movie and they're assuming they'll be playing to a white teenybopper kind of audience. No excuse, of course, and the issue still bothers me. Besides, Dev Patel would have made a much better Sokka than Zuko, and Jackson Rathbone as Sokka... not fully sold on that. At least they'll have to keep Toph Asian in the second movie, for last-name-related reasons.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby SearchingLyoko » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:57 am

I just don't feel right about the idea of a CL live action movie.

It just doesn't seem right to me, for many reasons (including, but not limited to, the fact that live-action dubbing is always HORRIBLE .)

I like live-action in many ways. I just hate when things are switched from live action to animation, animation to live action, one animation style to another, etc.

Just the way I am.

I actually can see quite a bit of possibilities for an Avatar live action, especially for it's big focus on nature. But Nickelodeon tends to have... cheesy special effects. They don't always do the best job ever (for instance, the Spiderwick movie).
SearchingLyoko Delenda Est.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Rho » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:54 pm

You'd just need the right people on board for it, as I said before. I mean, come on.. imagine Stephen Spielberg doing a CL Live action film.

I've thought of a good plotline for a CL movie.. It could be about the re-awakening of XANA, and he launches his largest attack ever. Possessing every single human being on Earth, except for Aelita, Yumi, Ulrich, Odd, and Jeremie. All towers are activated, including some that require the method of Teleportation.
If they could do this right.. Such as have the only live action scenes be Teleportation and Real world scenes, get even better animation for Lyoko scenes, hire good actors/actresses that resemble the characters.. Film the majority of it in France (have Kadic scenes at Lakanal College or it sucks. Come on, they could have real students be in the background.)

And don't shoot be for doing this for the 43,223,982,034th time.. but fantasy cast. I'm that bored. And I'll even link to images of said actor/actress for reference.

Aelita: Ariana Grande (lighten her hair a little, get it in the right hairdo, and she'd make a great Aelita. She even has a similar face.

Yumi: ..I'm clueless. Get a newcomer for her.

Ulrich: Hutch Dano

Odd: Erik Per Sullivan (with a wig)

Jeremie: Again, clueless. Newcomer.

William: Matt Shively (with black hair)

Sissi: Miranda Cosgrove (pretty much ideal: just get the outfit, no hair changes or anything that I can see)

Jim: Jack Black (yes, yes, obligatory..
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Lani » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:42 pm

I'd make a suggestion for Yumi, but I don't really see many young Asian girls in the media here often. THANKS HOLLYWOOD.

But, I don't really know that many young girl Japanese actresses. But I do know 15-year-old Korean pop artist Minzy could pull it off. She can rap and sing pretty well in English with little accent. And hey, it wouldn't be the first time a Korean pop singer's been in an American movie.
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby SearchingLyoko » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:50 pm

As long as this whole thing stays a pipedream... I'm happy.

But I have to admit, Jack Black is THE perfect actor for Jim.

Add a jogging suit and a big-ol' bandage and you got yourself a Jim.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Lyoko Wario » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:34 pm

Lani wrote:I'd make a suggestion for Yumi, but I don't really see many young Asian girls in the media here often. THANKS HOLLYWOOD.

But, I don't really know that many young girl Japanese actresses. But I do know 15-year-old Korean pop artist Minzy could pull it off. She can rap and sing pretty well in English with little accent. And hey, it wouldn't be the first time a Korean pop singer's been in an American movie.

Minzy as Yumi? No way! Yumi is hot! Minzy is the exact opposite of hot, and then some!
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby SearchingLyoko » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:31 pm

But Yumi's not the kind of "Oh... look at me!!!!" kind of person.

She's just "throw on shirt, throw on pants, make sure hair doesn't look like a tumbleweed, out the door" kind of person.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Lyoko Wario » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:28 pm

SearchingLyoko wrote:But Yumi's not the kind of "Oh... look at me!!!!" kind of person.

She's just "throw on shirt, throw on pants, make sure hair doesn't look like a tumbleweed, out the door" kind of person.

Yumi is certainly no girly-girl, but saying that she doesn't care about her appearance may be a bit much. Her clothes are cool and stylish in a minimalistic kind of way, and she always gets her hair all neat and tidy.

Also, last night I saw some stills from Peter Jackson's The Lovely Bones, and I gotta say, that girl could make a great Aelita. But I think she's been mentioned before...
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby SearchingLyoko » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:46 pm

Yeah, Yumi cares that she's not a mess... but she doesn't obsess.

The following picture sums up what a live action movie would look like:

http://emma-lily.deviantart.com/art/Cod ... -139501011

and this

http://makutechind.deviantart.com/art/U ... -121562906

http://codexana.deviantart.com/art/Jere ... -101685308

... DONT LET IT BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:52 am

Actually...considering how rare CL cosplay is...I think those are kind of rather impressive. May just be me, but they're pretty darn accurate.

Yeah, Ulrich doesn't have a mustache (although nothing says he couldn't have one once he hits puberty) and the Jeremie cosplay is a little...simplistic (then again, Jeremie's not that complex a character cosplay outfit-wise), but I was definitely impressed by the group cosplay photo.

I don't see any reason how cosplay becomes a reason for there not to be a Live-Action film, 1) because the studio making said movie would have way better resources than your average cosplayer and 2) to reiterate, those are pretty dang decent cosplays, IMO.

Honestly, SL, we get it that you don't want a live-action CL movie under any circumstances by now. ^^;
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lani » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:07 am

Douglas Adams Freak wrote:
SearchingLyoko wrote:But Yumi's not the kind of "Oh... look at me!!!!" kind of person.

Yumi is certainly no girly-girl, but saying that she doesn't care about her appearance may be a bit much. Her clothes are cool and stylish in a minimalistic kind of way, and she always gets her hair all neat and tidy.

It's called acting for a reason. :|a Plus, makeup does exist, you know. Besides, it was just a suggestion.

Aelita's last season (S4, right?) Lyoko costume is on my to-do list. Just PS.
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko Wario » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:11 pm

Lani wrote:
Douglas Adams Freak wrote:

It's called acting for a reason. :|a Plus, makeup does exist, you know. Besides, it was just a suggestion.

Aelita's last season (S4, right?) Lyoko costume is on my to-do list. Just PS.

Relax, Lani, that comment of mine you quoted there wasn't another jab at Minzy. I just thought Searching hadn't pegged Yumi quite right.

And, you know, Minzy may be all right after all.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby SearchingLyoko » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:38 pm

well she certainly does fit the bill.

And Mew, I agree those were some pretty dang good costumes for ameteurs... but what I'm getting at is that the effect would be the same.

Usually I'm not the biggest animation freak ever... there's just something about making animation into real life that... scares me a bit.

For instance... Odd's hair... our beloved spikey hair... would be gone.

And that's just one thing. Pink hair doesn't look AS great in real life.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Rho » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:20 am

They could easily deal with Odd's hair. Wigs, for example.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SearchingLyoko » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:21 am

yeah but it just wouldn't look right.

There are some things the real world just can't pull off.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Lani » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:01 am

Wigs can look gorgeous, and realistic, if done right. ;D I have no doubts that Odd's hair can be pulled off fairly well with a wig.
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby SearchingLyoko » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:09 am

I doubt it, but you may prove me wrong.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Lyoko Wario » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:46 pm

The cosplay is cool. But I can't picture Ulrich as anything but clean-shaven.

Anyhoo... I'm also sure the Lyoko portions of the hypothetical live-action movie wouldn't be live-action. Just the Kadic sections would be.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby SearchingLyoko » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:54 pm

Yes, because MoonScoop would be able to do the animations in their studios.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Lyoko Wario » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:02 pm

Who said MoonScoop would do it, my fine fellow?

It probably won't look the same, but it'd be CGI or, hey, MoCap.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby SearchingLyoko » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:11 pm

Hypothetically, of course.

By the way... who is Mousenik the sparrow?

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Rho » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:39 pm

Unrealistically, it'd be AWESOME if Pixar did it.
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Lyoko Wario » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:13 pm

Moustik the sparrow is something Ulrich makes up in the CL Wii game to keep Mr. Delmas from finding out about Kiwi.

Rho wrote:Unrealistically, it'd be AWESOME if Pixar did it.

Yes, but not in their distinctive style. I think the best way to go for the in-Lyoko sections of a live-action movie would be Zemeckis-esque motion-capture.

In fact, he should use the earlier version from The Polar Express, since this time, we would want the characters to look like real people, but not quite.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby SearchingLyoko » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:06 pm

Well, they're going to be virtual either way... so I think they'd keep the same Lyoko style.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Rho » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:46 pm

I just thought of something.

Tim Burton. Doing a CL movie.

Not likely, of course, but that could be pretty awesome. The plot could involve XANA having taken over the world and the team working to restore the world.
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

PreviousNext