Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:05 am

What if there was a Code Lyoko Live action movie?

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Sciron » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:10 am

TheAppleFreak wrote:
Sithking Zero wrote:Yeah, I don't think a whole lot of us would like to see the movie. I mean, being total die-hards for CL, we'd be totally disappointed about the choices and plot, as always happens with tv-show-movies. Still, it's fun to speculate, isn't it?

Well, maybe instead of talking about the actors (always an interesting discussion), we should talk about the actual plotline.
I always thought (as of three days ago) that a good way to start off the movie would be to have the gang, in college or older, brought into an interrogation room by the MIB, and Jeremy/Aelita would begin to narrate the Lyoko experience, which would lead into the main movie.

For some reason, that's reminding me of Codename KND: "Operation I.N.T.E.R.V.I.E.W.S.". If you're implying that the plot would be a flashback, I would somewhat support it.

There is no way that CL can be centered around adults fighting in a virtual world. At all. I don't think anyone suggested this, but I'm personally ruling it out before anyone does. It's a kids' show, and I'm fairly sure it'll always remain one. Having the kids as adults (when the actual plot takes place) would put me at a loss for (civilized) words.

If CL would be turned into a live action movie (which I still oppose), it would have to be done as a flashback; at least, that's how I see it. I highly doubt that I will ever see actors that will be able to act like the kids do currently, since I'm extremely picky when it comes to books or animated series turned into live-action movies.

The plot line would have to be much more detailed and exciting than any existing episode, just because it's a live action movie and people will have higher expectations. As far as WHAT the actual plot is, I wouldn't care, as long as it isn't some sort of spin-off type movie in which the gang encounters an all new enemy or something of the sort (a new process, a new supercomputer instead of the old one, etc.). The type of acting (animated to live action) is already one major change, and a major plot change totally irrelevant to the series would just make the movie seem bad.
Sciron offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: Stop stalking me, and then maybe I'll tell you...NOT.

Postby optimus304 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:12 am

ok im sorry if this is necroposting but i saw this and figured. i said it once il say it again.

A CL live action movie would work. as long as you had the right stuff down for it.

first off. take into account the translation from show to movie. not very many have done it. but those who have did wonderful. the reason. they made the fil convincing. if you took the current show now. and just put live action characters in place of cartoon characters. yeah it would crash. the audience is thier to belive the film is real and not a cartoon. one fine translation from cartoon to movie is (yeah sorry) Transformers. the writers. directors, and every one else took into account, how to make a semi change into a giant fighting robot beliveable. how to make audience's belive a semi can transform. they took into account 1. life like story. a story that would do both the audience and fans justice. 2. the movie has to feel beliveable. people have to belive a kid with pink hair holds the fate of the earth in her hands. to do so. the movie would have to be brought down to the audiences standards.

second is a story. the story has to work so that the audience understands whats going on, and not get loss at the same time. you cant just pick up in the middle of season 1. you have to show everything, how they found the computer, how they fight Xana, and how they hide thier secret from the world.

plus Xana needs either a voice or a body

3rd. a cast. a good cast is essential. they cant just act like ulrich or jeremy. they have to be Ulrich r jeremy.

heres my ideas.

Aelita= Dakota fanning can in fact pull off a good Aelita. she had the same innocence and the same feel when she played tom cruise's daughter in war of the worlds. plus she is at the age where she is just right to play the part.

Mr. Delmas.= Derek jacobi. he played in sevreal movies including Under world evolution, secret garden. and the golden compass,

here is a link to his page. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Jacobi#Filmography

Sissi= see this is where i dont really have any clue into the factor. such as child stars yadda yadda yadda. the girl from I carly seems to short. perhaps miley cyrus?

Xana.= for a good voice for xana, i would want to say Hugo Weaving. a good film needs a good villian. so either way. Xana would either have to have a voice or actual body. for a good villinaous voice. i would say Hugo weaving, or Bill Nighy from Pirates of the caribean. (Davy Jones)

Yumi= yumi would have to be a nobody. literally like thier first film. mostly because what japanese american actors we have....well lets just say it would be a poor performance.

Jim= Jhon goodman maybe? he played coaches in movies before (revenge of the nerds)

A while back. Moonscoope said they would love to do a Live action CL movie. i feel one day it might happen. i mean we had a lot of cartoon movies. some werent even that popular. so whos to say they would make a movie.

just as long as they stay away from spileberg
been thier, destroyed that, saved them,
optimus304 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Rho » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:24 am

Miley Cyrus? Please, no. A CL movie should have as few Disney Channel people as possible.

As for a newcomer playing Yumi, I do agree.

Also, they would HAVE to film the Kadic scenes at the school in France that Kadic is based off of.

-Rho-
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby MY85 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:40 am

optimus304 wrote:a good cast is essential.

optimus304 wrote:Sissi= see this is where i dont really have any clue into the factor. such as child stars yadda yadda yadda. the girl from I carly seems to short. perhaps miley cyrus?

I lol'd. And do you actually think Bill Nighy or John Goodman would love to be on CL? Of course, this is your speculation, but being realistic, I'd doubt it would happen.

That said, for Jeremie, I'd probably go for Lee Cormie (from December Boys). He's not really a big name, but it's more of a realistic suggestion than saying "Ulrich should be played by Zac Efron".
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Rho » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:01 am

-imagines Miley Cyrus doing a remix of AWWD-
-screams in fear-

Either way, I just don't see Miley pulling off Sissi. They don't look or sound alike at all.
And I'd rather have the actors and actresses around the same age as the characters they play. Sissi's about 13/14/15, depending on where the movie would take place, and Miley's going on 17.

If it was a flash-forward, Odd's voice actor, Matt Geczy, would do a great role as an Older Odd.

-Rho-
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby optimus304 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:59 pm

Rho wrote:Miley Cyrus? Please, no. A CL movie should have as few Disney Channel people as possible.

As for a newcomer playing Yumi, I do agree.

Also, they would HAVE to film the Kadic scenes at the school in France that Kadic is based off of.

-Rho-

Miyley cyrus...what was i thinking
been thier, destroyed that, saved them,
optimus304 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Malkmusian » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:08 pm

I want Phil Proctor to play Aelita.

He was good in "Don't Crush That Dwarf".
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby MY85 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:19 am

Malkmusian wrote:I want Phil Proctor to play Aelita.

He'll make a great Aelita. ;)
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Rho » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:46 pm

Some fancasting:

Jim: Jack Black
Jean-Pierre Delmas: Don Creech?
Suzanne Hertz: Mindy Sterling?
Aelita: Dakota Fanning or Debby Ryan
Sissi: Miranda Cosgrove
Yumi: Michelle Kim?

Not sure about any others. I can seriously imagine Jack Black saying "I'd rather not talk about it."
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby DeadViolet » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:51 pm

Jack Black as Jim. Oh yes. Perfect! No, I'm serious.

*I'm that one crazy girl formerly known as Misha*
DeadViolet offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:33 pm

Miley Cyrus? Ewww! No! Miranda Cosgrove FTW.

Jack Black is okay, but I'd rather have David Gasman. Mindy's a little too wrinkly to play Suzanne. As far as I know, occasionally her face is drawn with no wrinkles whatsoever. I would RATHER have the ravishingly beautiful Jodi Forrest herself play the role.

Excellent choce!

If it was a flash-forward, Odd's voice actor, Matt Geczy, would do a great role as an Older Odd.

A dream come true. :) Matt is one of the most sexiest men on this Earth! He could pull it off well!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko Wario » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:58 pm

I'd cast nobodies as all the kids. But they have to be able to act really, really well, like the kids from Jack.

And I wouldn't cast Dakota Fanning as Aelita. She already got to be Coraline. And she's too mainstream for the role.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby DeadViolet » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:17 pm

Rhett Giles as Jim! XD No. That'd be PERFECT. Watch Bram Stoker's Dracula's Curse, the man was wonderful in that!

*I'm that one crazy girl formerly known as Misha*
DeadViolet offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rho » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:39 pm

I like the idea of there being something like in Codename KND: Operation INTERVIEWS. For some reason, I can see Vin Diesel as an older Ulrich.
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:40 pm

Never mention KND again, please. That show makes me vomit.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko Wario » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:58 pm

@ Rho: There's a slight problem with your casting. You see, Vin Diesel sucks. Ulrich does not suck. Therefore, Vin Diesel cannot be Ulrich.

@ Taelia: KND wasn't so bad. It started out being very clever, but lost its charm too quickly.

For instance, "Operation: G.R.O.W. - U.P." and "No P in the Ool" were two damn fine cartoons.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Rho » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:49 pm

I think them having one of the 70min movies have a small live action portion of the Lyoko Warriors as adults speaking would be interesting.. It could start off the (possible) 5th season.

Dunno who would play them, though. I could see Megan Fox playing Sissi.
Dane Cook as Ulrich?
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby KAiRO » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:07 am

My cast would be:

Ulrich: Nathan Kress (Freddie from iCarly)
Sissi: Jenette McCurdy (Sam from iCarly) (<---if she dyed her hair black)

And that's all I got so far. lol.
My cousin on here is GinoLyoko12. :)
KAiRO offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Taelia » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:48 pm

Nuh-uh! Miranda Cosgrove as Sissi.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko Wario » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:31 pm

Guys, guys... Brendan Fraser is Jim.

There's no denying it. ;)
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:37 pm

Brendan Fraser? Are you nuts? David Gasman's perfect!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko Wario » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:09 pm

But Fraser is perfect, too! If he has a problem, it's that he isn't fat enough.

If he spiked up his hair a bit, let the beard stubble grow in, did a convincing Jim voice, and wore the clothes, I can't think of anyone better.

Besides, if he's willing to appear in Looney Tunes: Back in Action, he'd be willing to appear in a Code Lyoko live-action film. ;)
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Rho » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:39 am

For if there was a "flash forward" segment where the CL kids were adults:

Jeremie: Bill Nye. Come on, this would be epic.
Aelita: Dunno.
Yumi: Emy Coligado
Ulrich: Dane Cook
Odd: Dunno.
Sissi: Megan Fox

For the "main" part:

Jeremie: Dunno.
Aelita: Dakota Fanning
Yumi: Michelle Kim
Ulrich: Hutch Dano
Odd: Erik Per Sullivan
Sissi: Miranda Cosgrove
Nicolas: Adam Hicks
Herb: Dunno.
Jim: Jack Black
Non-Squeaky-Voiced FBI Agent: Will Smith (it would suck without him in that role)

Of course, this would pretty much be fully unrealistic.

I probably said this before, but filming at Lakanal College for Kadic scenes would be essential.
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SearchingLyoko » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:52 am

If there was going to be an adult-section of this, I personally suggest finding the guy who inspired Jeremy's appearance and having him do it.

Just a thought.

Maybe Jim Carrey starring as Odd (though he'd have to undergo a lot of asthetic change... but hey, he's gaining 50 pounds for that 3 Stooges movie.)

Though my opinion on a live action movie of CL is... "NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

For one, the entertainment business is sooo messed up that I would not trust any actor to portray Code Lyoko. It wouldn't feel right...

The concept is fun to discuss... but this must never see the light of day. EVER.
SearchingLyoko Delenda Est.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby TB3 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:12 am

SearchingLyoko wrote:Though my opinion on a live action movie of CL is... "NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

For one, the entertainment business is sooo messed up that I would not trust any actor to portray Code Lyoko. It wouldn't feel right...

The concept is fun to discuss... but this must never see the light of day. EVER.

Erm, let us not forget that Moonscoop are planning a live-action CL TV series

And if there was a film, why are we assuming it would be produced in English?

For my money, having begun rewatching 'Lost', I'd like to see the same approach; an ensemble cast of 'jobbing actors' for the adults (you know, those familiar faces that crop up in almost every film but who's names you can't place), or fresh talent, probably recruited from theatre, i.e. no big names that will overshadow the actual story
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext