Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:28 pm

What if there was a Code Lyoko Live action movie?

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

What if there was a Code Lyoko Live action movie?

Postby Rho » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:37 pm

Title says it all.

Personally, if they did it right, It could be good. If they didn't make it totally awful with casting, like Ashley Tisdale as Sissi, it could work out.
I could even play Ulrich. Seriously.
Or William, with some hair dye.

Oh, and Jack Black as Jim, anyone? xD

-Rho-
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:57 pm

Jack Black can't do authority worth nothin'.

David Gasman would make a GREAT live-action Jim.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sciron » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:14 am

My hopes are not high for something of the sort; as extreme fans, we're most likely to be EXTREMELY picky. Plus, I don't think there will be an effective way of contrasting between 2D Earth and 3D Lyoko or portraying the action stunts on Lyoko, since those tend to be extreme.

I swear I will stop liking CL if MoonScoop decides to do something like this. Plus, CL isn't the most popular show out there, so I doubt it would be worth it.
Sciron offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: Stop stalking me, and then maybe I'll tell you...NOT.

Postby JesusFreak » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:08 pm

It would suck.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Lyoko Wario » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:09 pm

Taelia wrote:Jack Black can't do authority worth nothin'.

Neither can Jim.

Anyway, dangnabbit, because I was just on my way to create this very thread right now, only to show up and find out that Rho has beat me to the punch. Oh, well. Personally, I think this could work if done properly, but doing it properly or finding anyone willing to make the effort would be the hard part. Also, finding kids with the appropriate forehead size might be a minor challenge, and then they'd have to be able to act or we'd eat them alive. If there was a live-action Code Lyoko movie, though, there's just one thing I could not do without: that thing in the tunnel where Odd jumps into his skateboard and the next thing we see are Yumi's shoes skating away. You know, that stock-footage continuity mix-up. If they didn't have the same thing as an homage in the live-action version, my interest in it would take a steep dive.

Oh, and Lyoko can just look the same way it does now; CGI characters looking exactly the same.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby emoBillâ„¢ » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:35 pm

Even if it was bad, I would be interested to see it.

Ashley Tisdale as Sissi would be freakin' hilarious.

Although I would like to see Nolan Gerard Funk as William. I haven't seen his movies, but so far he looks like he could be a good William.

Jack Black as Jim? Oh my word. That would be amazing. Hahahaha, I can so picture him doing that. Like I said, I don't much care if it's bad. I just want to see him do it.

For Ulrich, I would use...Jesse McCartney. Despite the fact that he doesn't look or sound even a smidge like Ulrich, all the girls swarm all over him and he would accomplish the 'chick-magnet' thing. Plus it would be entertaining to watch him try to pull off being Ulrich.

Yumi...I can't think of a good Japanese actress. For lack of knowledge of most Japanese actresses, I'd say Younha.[/naiveimmatureidiot]

Just because she's the only Japanese female performer I can think of right now.

Jeremie. Hmm. I dunno, really. Usually, I watch the romance movies with the spectacularly good-looking guys. I've never really seen a nerd kind of kid as the hero...that I know of, anyway. And the main character is usually the only one you pay attention to (for the names anyway). Though I would like to see the guy from Drake and Josh play him. I can't remember his name for the life of me...Eric, maybe? The tall one with brown hair. That would be interesting.

And let's all vote Morgan Freeman to be Principal Delmas. Just because he's awesome xP

I wouldn't really, though. I'd think of someone else. But since my brain is shot I can't really think of any.[/rant]

So yeah. They could use CGI for Lyoko and it would look great. The stunts would all either be animated-CGI or stunt doubles. They wouldn't always be so complicated. They could tone them down a bit.

So that would be a cool idea.

*smoke bomb*
___________________Image
emoBillâ„¢ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:57 pm

Some of those ideas suck.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:32 pm

Taelia wrote:Some of those ideas suck.

As does nonconstructive criticism.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Rho » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:32 am

Yeah, chill out, Taelia.

Anyway, None of those could really work. Too old.

And they don't really look like the characters. :/

Maybe Dakota Fanning = Aelita? (with a wig or hair dye)

-Aelita-
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Lyoko Wario » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:34 pm

No, Aelita is too awesome to be portrayed by Dakota Fanning, even though she might be good. If I were making that movie, I'd search for unknowns with large foreheads that look as much like the characters as possible. (and if we're lucky, kids that already like the show) Besides, I'm still a little bitter at Dakota Fanning voicing Coraline... sure, I hadn't read the book before watching the movie, (reading it now) but Coraline is still too cool for Dakota.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TheAppleFreak » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:13 pm

I think that if given blond hair dye, I could pull off a good Jeremy. I have the glasses, the know-how, and the physique. It's just that I'm tall, and Jeremy isn't the tallest in the group. Go figure.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Rho » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:42 pm

I don't know who he would play, but The Rock should be in a CL Live-action movie for sure.

Maybe as one of the Subdigitals?

-Rho-
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:37 am

No, too meatheaded. :no:
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sithking Zero » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:02 am

I like the idea of Jack Black as Jim idea, as well as Dakota Fanning as Aelita.

Who would Franz be played by? I'm rooting for the guy who plays Dwight on "The Office."
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby emoBillâ„¢ » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:16 pm

Taelia wrote:Some of those ideas suck.

Geez, Taelia. Just suggestions X_x

I wouldn't worry so much about the looking-alike as the personality and ability. A lot of book-movies have characters that don't even have the same hair color as the original. The talent should probably be the thing that decides it. If someone can act as that character well, they should do it.

DF as Aelita would be neat xP

And like I said, JB as Jim.
___________________Image
emoBillâ„¢ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Sithking Zero » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:34 pm

You know the guy who played Count Douku or Sarumon?

He'd make a great XANA. He's subtle, yet sinister, and the voice can have mercurial moods...

Sissi... I wouldn't want her portrayed by any of those "Disney Channel" Stars... I think it would poison too many against the movie.

The Men in Black would HAVE to be played by Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith. heaven knows it'd be the first time for them in THAT roll... XD
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rho » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:22 am

Ashley Tisdale as Sissi = NO
She already ruined the Rickroll. If she ruins Code Lyoko, that will be the last straw.

I can somehow imagine Miranda Cosgrove (School of Rock, iCarly, Drake & Josh) as Sissi. Kinda has a similar voice.

YES. Will Smith as the black FBI agent.

Also, Dwayne Johnson maybe as a minor role of Odd's father?

-Rho-
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheAppleFreak » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:30 pm

I personally think that Dwayne Johnson would do a good job acting as Odd's father, that is, if he looked like Mr. Della Robbia at all. I'm not saying he doesn't have potential, but it may be hard for him to play Odd's father.

And DEFINITELY NOT Sissi being played by Tisdale.
Will Smith playing one of the MIB is an awesome idea.

JB as Jim... That would be worth seeing. Though my school's gym teacher might also do a good job. Too bad he doesn't look at all like Jim.

And as said earlier, I could be a good Jeremy.
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby Sithking Zero » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:03 am

Rho wrote:Ashley Tisdale as Sissi = NO
She already ruined the Rickroll. If she ruins Code Lyoko, that will be the last straw.

I can somehow imagine Miranda Cosgrove (School of Rock, iCarly, Drake & Josh) as Sissi. Kinda has a similar voice.

YES. Will Smith as the black FBI agent.

Also, Dwayne Johnson maybe as a minor role of Odd's father?

-Rho-

Miranda Cosgrove as Sissi? Hmmm... the idea has merit. I'd say wait until she gets a little older, though.

The Rock as Odd's father.... ummm.... I'm gonna have to say no. It could possibly work... maybe... Or have Odd's Voice Actor (Whose Last name I can't spell) play Odd's Father! Yeah, and... ummm... insert the VA's into the story at several places just for cameo kicks. They wouldn't HAVE to play a big role... just have them as Janitors or Shopkeepers... you know what I'm saying?
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:20 pm

Sithking Zero wrote:You know the guy who played Count Douku or Sarumon?

He'd make a great XANA. He's subtle, yet sinister, and the voice can have mercurial moods...

I keep imagining him saying "the road to dawn is in Xanadu" ....

*beats Kingdom Hearts outta his mind*

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:44 pm

JesusFreak wrote:It would suck.
Agreed. Could be worse than Twilight.

It would be nearly career suicide for any well known actor to be part of a CL live action film. If it were ever to be done, get some unknown actors to work it out.

And I lol'd when I saw Dwayne Johnson mentioned here. First off, Disney would have to buy the rights to get CL (should be cheap), but I'd expect Dwayne to refuse acting in a CL movie. I'm sure many of you haven't seen what made him famous in the first place (google it, you'll probably laugh at his stuff from the past) and I didn't liked the guy much when he was a wrestler. He's okay as an actor, but his main problem is that there's not many great roles available for samoans. CL doesn't even have samoans at all. Oh well, then again, there was a black Catwoman and soon we'll have a canadian as Goku, so... Image

And the current CL VAs, none would even be in this film. Except for maybe Matthew Geczy, who could pull off the role of Odd's father. Look at the guy, he could make it work.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Sithking Zero » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:11 pm

MY85 wrote:
JesusFreak wrote:It would suck.
Agreed. Could be worse than Twilight.

It would be nearly career suicide for any well known actor to be part of a CL live action film. If it were ever to be done, get some unknown actors to work it out.

And I lol'd when I saw Dwayne Johnson mentioned here. First off, Disney would have to buy the rights to get CL (should be cheap), but I'd expect Dwayne to refuse acting in a CL movie. I'm sure many of you haven't seen what made him famous in the first place (google it, you'll probably laugh at his stuff from the past) and I didn't liked the guy much when he was a wrestler. He's okay as an actor, but his main problem is that there's not many great roles available for samoans. CL doesn't even have samoans at all. Oh well, then again, there was a black Catwoman and soon we'll have a canadian as Goku, so... Image

And the current CL VAs, none would even be in this film. Except for maybe Matthew Geczy, who could pull off the role of Odd's father. Look at the guy, he could make it work.

Yeah, I don't think a whole lot of us would like to see the movie. I mean, being total die-hards for CL, we'd be totally disappointed about the choices and plot, as always happens with tv-show-movies. Still, it's fun to speculate, isn't it?
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheAppleFreak » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:43 pm

Sithking Zero wrote:Yeah, I don't think a whole lot of us would like to see the movie. I mean, being total die-hards for CL, we'd be totally disappointed about the choices and plot, as always happens with tv-show-movies. Still, it's fun to speculate, isn't it?

Well, maybe instead of talking about the actors (always an interesting discussion), we should talk about the actual plotline.
I always thought (as of three days ago) that a good way to start off the movie would be to have the gang, in college or older, brought into an interrogation room by the MIB, and Jeremy/Aelita would begin to narrate the Lyoko experience, which would lead into the main movie.
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby Sithking Zero » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:29 pm

That's good... that's good... but has anyone ever seen the opening to "Garage Kids?" Maybe start like that, but then the shadows creeping out of the computer start killing people as XANA steals data and stuff? And then XANA finishes up, leaving no trace he was there except for all the bodies... And then the Code: Lyoko Logo pops up, leading into theme song.

And the whole time, totally deadpan, Franz Hopper says something like "Hello, My name is Franz Hopper. I sought to creeate a world without danger. I wished for my loved ones to be safe. But then... something happened... I created a Monster. His name is XANA. (Shows a shadow with XANA's Eye) He was once a force to protect my greatest creation... but he went insane. I lost control. I was sealed away by this monster... in the virtual world... of Lyoko. (Opening credits.)
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:38 pm

There's nothing wrong with speculating. I was just pointing out a realistic view.

Anyways, going on a realistic view, this would be a straight-to-DVD (and Blu-Ray or digital download) release. It would flop at the cinema (probably France would be an exception to the rule, but still), regardless of the budget, plot and actors.

I think the intro could be done with Hopper's journal, but one of the entries where something goes wrong and then you jump again years later with the team. And you save the original song for the ending when the credits roll.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Next