Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:33 am

What if there was a Code Lyoko Live action movie?

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby SearchingLyoko » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:59 pm

*SCREAMS*

Do you mean "Live Action" as in filmed with real people????

*SCREAMS again, faints, revives*

This must not see the light of day!

For goodness sake, I've heard the "Corporations need to make money" speech, but this is ridiculous! Companies do need to learn that if they don't strangle the concept at each available opportunity, there's a great chance that in the longrun, they'll make even more money... plus their work will go down as famous.

But... this was part of Code Lyoko: Reloaded as far as I know. Half the stuff on that was outdated and/or cancelled. The movies were.
SearchingLyoko Delenda Est.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Rho » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:55 pm

For now, it's thankfully just something being discussed amongst Moonscoop - With any luck, they'll realize thaty'll be horrible and proceed with Season 5.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SearchingLyoko » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:04 am

I know that this forum in particular doesn't accept petitions... but... I am so barraging them with "Your viewers would prefer another animated season over some bad acting. And animation is easier to dub into English... which, according to your official website, gives you more viewers then France."

Seriously, I know TB3 has said "They don't like to be bothered with fan suggestions"... but for heaven's sake... you have to listen to your fans... they're how you make your money.

I am actually distantly involved in television ratings... but... I can't say more or they'll fire me.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Rho » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:22 am

Alecia Moore as adult Aelita... Okay, bad pun.. but to be fair, she does look somewhat like an older Aelita. Hell, if they got her to appear twice in Spongebob-related stuff, this wouldn't be much of an issue.

For some reason, with his hair temporarily dyed black, I could see Matt Shively as William. (non-adult)
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SearchingLyoko » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:56 pm

I'm bad with actors, so I'm going have to stop there.

Maybe Arnold Schwartzaneggar as the voice of XANA (that would send me into a laughing fit).

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Rho » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:00 am

I think he only has a year left in office (thank god), so it's possible, I guess. That would be hilariosu.
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SearchingLyoko » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:07 am

Yes but no Live Action... animation instead.

Bad MoonScoop! Even considerng such heresy...

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Lyoko Wario » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:48 pm

You know what ticks me off the most about the possibility of a live-action CL movie?

That some snot-nosed brats would forevermore be able to claim that they were the awesomeness that are Team Lyoko. Specifically, that none of those snot-nosed brats would be me.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby SearchingLyoko » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:09 pm

Well, you can't blame them. Anyone would love to be Team Lyoko.

With a bit of makeup to cover my freckles and a wig (or just growing my hair for a while), I could possibly pull of Ulrich nicely, in both personality and forehead.

Anyways... yeah. Still against it. Not changing that stance. They could offer ME the position of directing it, I'd still say "Make more animation instead."

Seriously... animation is a lost art. A GOOD lost art.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Rho » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:15 am

I'm sure they'd make sure the casting didn't suck.
I still say Miranda Cosgrove seems like she'd make a perfect Sissi. She has experience early on with the "mean" personality from Drake & Josh.
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Lyoko Wario » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:18 pm

SearchingLyoko wrote:Well, you can't blame them. Anyone would love to be Team Lyoko.

Of course! But it's like getting Jon Heder to play Gandhi. They are not worthy!

SearchingLyoko wrote:Seriously... animation is a lost art. A GOOD lost art.

I don't know about lost. There's still plenty of TV animation around, and Disney's going back to 2D with The Princess and the Frog.

Maybe the new Roger Rabbit movie will result in a big Cartoon Renaissance, the way the first one did back in '88.

But I gotta say... if they offered me the opportunity to direct it, I don't think I'd have it in me to turn them down.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby SearchingLyoko » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:25 pm

I'd turn it down for simply a viewer of animation unless I knew there was 100% no way of animation.

If there's a cartoon renaissance, CL has a bigger chance then ever.

But no live action! Por favor!
_________

There's a second Roger Rabbit movie? Since when? Why am I missing all this news?

If they HAD to do it, I suggest they cast... Stephen Hawkings as the voice of XANA.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Rho » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:14 pm

There's a second one being produced.

Oh, and if Jeremie's dad made an appearance... Bill Nye would be perfect.
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SearchingLyoko » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:17 pm

great...

If I were to contact them about this or any other Cl things, what email would I use?

I found this list of contacts on their website: http://www.moonscoop.com/contact-us.html

but I have no idea who out of them to contact.

I'm looking at some of these names in the contacts and... well we see MANY of them in the CL opening credits, and, frankly, I'm a little bit scared to mistakenly contact a few of these people.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Rho » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:36 pm

I'd try Sabatino first. -shrug-

But wait.. found this on that website:

Current projects include Hero: 108, Tara Duncan, Fantastic Four, Casper, Code Lyoko, Titeuf and Wild Grinders, among many others.

"Current Project" would imply they're producing episodes now, most likely.
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SearchingLyoko » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:43 pm

Oh yes... the President of MoonScoop is going to take the time to answer my email...

I'm trying to aim high enough so that I get people who have answers... but not too high to recognize me.

And that could mean anything, I'm afraid. It could simply mean CL Reloaded. They have the Powepoint on it's page on the website.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Rho » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:51 pm

I sent them an e-mail a few months ago, and got a response within about a day.

The e-mail I used to contact them was pr@taffyentertainment.com
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SearchingLyoko » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:55 pm

I'll try that one then.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Lyoko Wario » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:39 pm

SearchingLyoko wrote:There's a second Roger Rabbit movie? Since when? Why am I missing all this news?

Oh, haven't you heard? There's not a lot of info on it yet, but Robert Zemeckis (director), Seaman and Price (screenwriters), and Charles Fleischer (voice of Roger) are all back.

We don't have a lot of info other than that, but it's been semi-confirmed since April. Now it's confirmed for sure. Read about it here.

Anyway, back to CL... yeah, here's hoping for success in our e-mail crusade. They've been pretty accomodating in the past, so hopefully they'll keep on being patient with us.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby SearchingLyoko » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:32 pm

I'm just hoping they reply. That's the only thing I want right now... even if they said "We're doing absolutely nothing." It still gives us a firmer base then just sitting here.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Rho » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:26 am

I think i've thought of someone who could possibly do a good Aelita.. if she lightened her hair and got it into the right hairdo. Ariana Grande.
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SearchingLyoko » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:31 am

No live action... please.

I just found out that Avatar: the last airbender is doing THREE live action moves... and I'm bawling my eyes out.

Please, just stick to the animation! It's not that hard.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Rho » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:35 am

Now, now.. not all live action adaptions are bad. Persoanlly, I think the Garfield movie from about 5 years ago was pretty good, aside from a few mistakes. You never know.. you get the right people on board, a potential CL live action film could be fantastic.

Ha, imagine Stephen Speilberg doing a CL movie.. I doubt it would suck if he was on board, no?
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SearchingLyoko » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:39 am

I still wouln't want it. It's just a thing with me. It's animation, I don't want them spoiling it.

Because then we hear things like "Star who plays Aelita pregnant" or "Fistfight between CL actors" or "Actor who plays odd pulled over for drunk driving" or "Ulrich actor on drugs"

It just ruins the whole thing.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Lyokosui » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:45 am

When Iron Man was being produced, there supposedly was a clause in Robert Downey Jr's contract that stated something like: "You will be subjected to random drug screenings during the production of the film. If a single test was positive, he would be fired and replaced with another actor wearing a Green Suit to project the image of Robert Downey Jr."

Because worst-comes-to-worst, there are ways to digitally edit actresses of their pregnancy, replace druggie actors with green screen technology. If actors get into a fight/drunk driving...well, Vince Vaughn was arrested during production for fighting and cooled off in jail for a day or two. There are ways for things like this to be worked around and worked out.

On the other hand, Code Lyoko's movie budget would be less than that of a Hollywood A-Movie, so resources would be thinner. Now if you're upset about them releasing the news if CL Actor was blah,blah,blah. Unfortunately, it's their job to report that and won't change unless someone repeals the first amendment.
Fictional Conversation after the Episode "Routine:

Ulrich - "You couldn't wait, could you?"
Jeremy - "What are you talking about?"
*Ulrich grabs and lifts Jeremy by his collar.
Ulrich - "I was this close to tasting her porcelain lips. We weren't in any danger, but noooo! You had to return to the past anyway!"
*Jeremy sniffles as Aelita appears on screen and rolls her eyes
Aelita - Ulrich, put him down.

Lyokosui offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

PreviousNext