Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:35 pm

CL Novels: Now being Fanslated

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby SearchingLyoko » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:23 pm

This is more proof that the novels are wrong in many aspects.

Kiwi is NOT a girl.

I will post the screenshot proving this in the BKO if I have to.

If you're wondering what it is... let's just say that I have a screenshot of Kiwi showing that he wasn't exactly nuetered.

Aquatelfik... I actually plan to do something really similar to what you're doing with those three chapters, just on a bigger scale.

We're currently working on... a website, with automatic translation forums. If you speak french, you can talk to someone who speaks english, someone who speaks polish, spanish, even welsh, all in your own language. And this goes for any language.

I think that might do something big. Transcending international boundaries and all that.
SearchingLyoko Delenda Est.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby TB3 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:37 pm

Well guys, I can now say I've read the first four chapters of The Underground Castle, and have sucesfully commenced translation

These books ARE what we've been hoping for - the characters are true to form, the writing fluid, the new details (and hints of backstory) are intruiging, and there is a LOT of strong, character-driven interaction, including a few AWW moments

More, will follow
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SearchingLyoko » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:41 pm

I want to read...

I mean, because of... complications... I don't regard them as completely canon, but I still want them.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Carth » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:06 pm

TB3 wrote:Well guys, I can now say I've read the first four chapters of The Underground Castle, and have sucesfully commenced translation

These books ARE what we've been hoping for - the characters are true to form, the writing fluid, the new details (and hints of backstory) are intruiging, and there is a LOT of strong, character-driven interaction, including a few AWW moments

More, will follow

8D

8D

8D

8D

I'll be over there, spasming and dying from happiness if you need me.

*gives TB3 a kitten* Godspeed to your work. Will we be getting these chapter by chapter, or all in a bundle? And where will they be hosted? Considering this is a service to the entire English and French CL fandom...
Carth offline

Postby SearchingLyoko » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:24 pm

We could host them on CodeLyokoUnited.com if needed.

I think. I'll have to check.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Negi Springfield » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:20 am

SearchingLyoko wrote:We could host them on CodeLyokoUnited.com if needed.

I think. I'll have to check.

I am pretty sure that would be ok. If not, I can host them on a mirror server, such as novels.clu or something. It depends. We will host it on the main site if Kool allows, or if not, we will host it on my mirror server.
Webmaster for the Code Lyoko Inc. Movie Website.
I am a cool guy most of the time.
ALL HAIL TL!!!!
Formerly danperteet.

Negi Springfield offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Tangent128 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:54 am

I'd imagine there'd be multiple points of release...
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TB3 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:22 am

No guys - if these are going to be hosted anywhere, it will be here, on Lyokofreak - for legal reasons we may want to ensure there's some way of tracking copies, so we may end up putting them on a subsection of the board accessible only to members - which will also have a discussion lounge and feedback section where people can comment and contribute to the translation - this is a major feather in LF's cap, and hosting it here will not only jumpstart the forums again, but limit the chances of Atlantyca closing the project down - if it started spreading all over the net, then there's a bigger chance of it running beyond our control

And SL, from what I can see, these are totally canon - it picks up right after Season Four, and the flashbacks are so true to Xana Awakens that its nearly seamless - this author has done his research

Incidentally, we now know definatively what city Kadic is located in, and possibly who built the factory...
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Carth » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:36 am

TB3 wrote:No guys - if these are going to be hosted anywhere, it will be here, on Lyokofreak - for legal reasons we may want to ensure there's some way of tracking copies, so we may end up putting them on a subsection of the board accessible only to members - which will also have a discussion lounge and feedback section where people can comment and contribute to the translation - this is a major feather in LF's cap, and hosting it here will not only jumpstart the forums again, but limit the chances of Atlantyca closing the project down - if it started spreading all over the net, then there's a bigger chance of it running beyond our control

That actually sounds like a fantastic idea, so long as someone doesn't ruin it all. I'll be looking forward to it! (And to the influx of new members :P)

Though, I seem to remember that one problem a certain forum we are technologically linked to had was people coming to sample their wares and then requesting their accounts be deleted- ie, taking it, going, and ignoring the community. Should we do a post requirement, like they did? Or do we not care? Or is it too early to care?

But, question I forgot last night= was that bit of spoiler text we got months ago legitimate? You know, the one that starts with "If a butterfly flaps his wings"?
Carth offline

Postby TB3 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:46 am

Good points Carth, and yes, that sample text was legit - I spent last-night retranslating that section for myself, and it reads a lot better when you're doing it one sentence at a time :D

Now I'm getting my teeth into Chapter 2 :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby smiller » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:12 am

Hmm? Why are we so under wraps about... that certain site? Its not like Hikaru's going to bother to hunt us down just to report us to Moonscoop.

No one knows about my site, lyokowarrior.co.cc... The novel could be held on there as "a fanfiction submitted by fan Lyokoxana223" and be like... hmm, never knew that wasn't a fanfic, seemed too good to be a fanfic. You know?
I'LL TRADE MY LEVEL 10 KANKRELAT FOR YOUR LEVEL 27 BLOK!
smiller offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Carth » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:19 am

smiller wrote:Hmm? Why are we so under wraps about... that certain site? Its not like Hikaru's going to bother to hunt us down just to report us to Moonscoop.

No one knows about my site, lyokowarrior.co.cc... The novel could be held on there as "a fanfiction submitted by fan Lyokoxana223" and be like... hmm, never knew that wasn't a fanfic, seemed too good to be a fanfic. You know?

I don't think we should go QUITE that far. I think our current course is to host it here on a protected forum, to attract traffic. So, I don't think offering up websites will come to much...
Carth offline

Postby desincarnation » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:01 pm

Any attempts to describe how all these good news made my day, got me excited and even more impatient about the whole project would be pointless. I'll just keep an eye on further development.
As far as the release form and possible problems it may cause... wouldn't it be so much easier to have official English translation? (Take it as rhetorical question.)
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby SearchingLyoko » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:04 pm

The only reason I suggested CodeLyokoUnited.com is because we have an auto-translation program, so anyone could read it in their language automatically (Serbians in serbian, dutch in dutch, welsh in welsh, etc.), albeit some grammar errors.

But that's fine. Your project

It better be Bolougne Billancourt and the Renault Factory, Teebs or else my cult, she is ruined!

I still have my hopes that one day they'll make Season 5 and these will be considered an alternate reality.

It's a pipe dream of mine, which you will ridicule me for... but who knows. If the novels, the mmorpg, and all of Cl reloaded go off without a hitch (and CN reairing CL would be good, it revives popularity here and thus would raise MS revenue, and with america being the allmighty consumer god, that would mean a lot)... then according to this omnipotent corporate logic, a Season 5 would be impossible to pass up.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Rho » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:03 am

I've e-mailed Atlantyca hoping they'll be kind enough to tell me if there's plans for American releases..
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SearchingLyoko » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:07 pm

*cough*cough*Whicharenonexistant...theidiots*cough*

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby smiller » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:47 pm

Uh, Code Lyoko Otakus? Otaku's are people obsessed with Japan. xD

Hey, whatever works. I think that it is not very likely that, with a fandom so small, it would be likely to be caught and reported. How many years did they have episodes on their site before it was finally shut down? It was at the peak of it's popularity. So with careful planning, you would be able to avoid it before it happens.

Hey, don't be so gloom. Its possible that there could be american releases. There are still enough Code Lyoko fans out there, and also possible non-fans, who might in buy this novel.
I'LL TRADE MY LEVEL 10 KANKRELAT FOR YOUR LEVEL 27 BLOK!
smiller offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby TB3 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:51 pm

I can say that the books are written in such a way that the first volume neatly introduces all the salient points to a reader unfamiliar with the franchise, but while having plenty of insider-jokes and interesting info for long-time fans. Not bad actually.

Little update - I've now translate up to about halfway through Chapter 4 and proceeding steadily. The other staff and myself are discussing how to go about hosting it - something more definate will probably be agreed on sometime next week
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cassius335 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:51 pm

Awesome.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lani » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:53 pm

Wow holy poop okay. I don't want to sound like a broken record but I am so effing EXCITED. Aaaaand reminding me I have my own translation project to work on, fu--

Keep up the good work guys. ILU ALL.
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:22 pm

And we love you Lani :)

Update
We're moving towards a decision on how to host this that protects LF in case of legal backlash

I've also now finished Chapter 4, which means the first 10,000 or so words are now in English
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Aquatikelfik » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:17 pm

Already the end of Chapter 4 ? My copy stop on chapter 5. I really need to work faster... I was very busy this week, so I didn't work on the book.
I can't copy AND translate properly in the same time. ;__;

I will see tomorrow.

You said that "the flashbacks are so true to Xana Awakens that its nearly seamless - this author has done his research " but, you will see in the following chapters that it's not totally true. :/

"we now know definitively what city Kadic is located in" Do you mean Paris ? "City of the iron tower" (Eiffel tower) ("Città della torre di ferro" in italian ) In France, we don't use this expression to speak about our capital, so i don't really understand. Do you use it ?

Edit : Sorry for the mistake... I mean, for exemple, that the first Odd's virtualisation is on Desert, not on Forest. I don't understand yet why he change this.
Last edited by Aquatikelfik on Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aquatikelfik offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Carth » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:35 pm

Aquatikelfik wrote:Already the end of Chapter 4 ? My copy stop on chapter 5. I really need to work faster... I was very busy this week, so I didn't work on the book.
I can't copy AND translate properly in the same time. ;__;

I will see tomorrow.

You said that "the flashbacks are so true to Xana Awakens that its nearly seamless - this author has done his research " but, you will see in the following chapters that it's totally true. :/

"we now know definitively what city Kadic is located in" Do you mean Paris ? "City of the iron tower" (Eiffel tower) ("Città della torre di ferro" in italian ) In France, we don't use this expression to speak about our capital, so i don't really understand. Do you use it ?

It's totally okay! We're very grateful to see these chapters at all. I've read the translated versions and I'm very impressed, both with the content and the fact I've been able to read it.

Do you mean that it is true to XANA Awakens, or that it is not? Because the :/ face looks sad...

And, no, we don't call it that. We have never called it that. I have no idea why Pier did that. Some sort of linguistic ambiguous cleverness? Whatever. In my head it's pretty much still Paris (or Bolougne-Billancourt).
Carth offline

Postby SearchingLyoko » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:49 pm

Nope... we call you guys Paris... at least where I live.

Of course, the nickname "The City of Love" is used occasionally, but we do that with a lot of cities. New York becomes the "Big Apple", San Francisco becomes "Frisco"...

nonsense.

Okay, now for the real reason I'm here...

As you guys may or may not know, I run CodeLyokoUnited... which I won't annoy you with here.

Anyways, CodeLyokoUnited runs a Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/CodeLyokoUnited . Basically.... this channel is used to inform fans who lost touch with the fan community, or don't know the fan community exists at all (you would be suprised at how many)... who basically don't know what's going on. Those who think that CL Reloaded is Season 5... those who still think the Movies are coming out... even this... horrible... horrible thing: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/When_does_cod ... d_premiere

Basically, I cannot stand ignorance of any kind. It bothers me.

So I created this channel to basically inform them on what we know and they don't, to dispell the rumors of untrue things... and to basically tell people what's really going on and to make Code Lyoko fans... United.

Anyways, I can see the annoyance building.

My question is, would you guys allow me to make a video telling about this fanslation that's going on, the joint effort between LF and CL.fr... or would you rather "not talk about it."?

Because I think it would draw a crowd of people back if they knew this was happening. (and we plan on making French and Spanish translations of this channel too to accomodate for any lost french or spanish fans.)

So, what do you guys think? Can I tell people about the miracle you're doing... or would you rather me keep quiet about it for now?

Thanks,
Searching.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:37 am

SL, I would honestly prefer that you not.

Considering that we're still in the process of figuring out how to fully translate and upload these novels, revealing things before everything is set-up and ready is <b>not</b> a good idea, IMO.

People will find out eventually anyway. Honestly, if they have no idea about the novels "at all" why not show them the public links that have been posted here that are officially from Moonscoop and Atlantyca? That is official and non-protected information that anyone can gain access to.

Please understand that we'd really like to handle the release of this project in a careful manner, and that the Admins (particularly TB3) with Aqua's help are working quickly to come to an agreement on it.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext