Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:29 pm

CL Novels: Now being Fanslated

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Rho » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:27 pm

Carth isn't the one needing a chill pill.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby green » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:12 pm

Taelia wrote:
Jean-Pierre Delmas: He's the school principal
Jim Morales: He's a gym teacher and supervises the dorms
William Dunbar: Rival with Ulrich for Yumi's affections
Sissi: She's Delmas' rich, spoiled, and selfish daughter
Suzanne Hertz: She teaches science

Jim also is the Pencak Silat instructor, and, when the situation calls for it, a very kind and loving person when he wants to be. ;) Jim is also the night watchman, occasional librarian, and lots of other jobs.

As revealed in Echoes, the Delmas family is presumably very rich. Why else could Sissi have all those clothes in her closet? ;)

At the same time, the book continuity pretty much skipped over the entirety of the first season and established an alternate timeline from that in the show. while all that stuff may be true in the cartoon universe, there is absolutely nothing to support anything other than what TB3 listed as of yet. We'll find out if all of that is still true when the story works it's way over to Kadic.
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:04 pm

Ah, I see. I understand now.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:59 am

Yeeaaahhh, Taelia, kindly don't tell other people to chill, especially when they're trying to help you. And especially if they are Mods.

At any rate, that's most intriguing the differences between the series so far and the book. I wonder if they're working with some of the original writers when they decide what elements to keep and which to cut or change or if they're just flying solo on it.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rho » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:10 am

So we have semi-official designs for Eva.. Not really how I expected her to look. half the time i thought of her as a combination of principal skinner from the simpsons and eva from TDI

In the potential and ever-so-awesome chance these get episode adaptions, I wonder how she'll look in the CL art style. She'll probably have Yumi's hairdo, but slightly different.

I never expected she'd dress that way. I pictured her dressing kind of goth/emo/scene/whatever. Also visioned her with glasses. Go figure.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TB3 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:15 pm

Just a little update to say I've translated the final chapters of Volume One and the staff are now checking it over. It's taken 85 days and is 49,585 words long, and I am extremely honoured, proud and glad to have achieved this.

BRING ON VOLUME TWO! :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:45 pm

:D Yes! Bring it!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby _stromboli__ » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:11 pm

WHY HAVE I NOT HEARD OF THIS BEFORE?
Gosh I'm so out of the loop. xD
_stromboli__ offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:46 pm

Well, We DID release it before, but that ran into some... problems. We've decided to keep it a bit on the down-low.

Ohai, remember me? *dorkysquishyface*

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby _stromboli__ » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:11 pm

I think it's more my three years of going AWOL. I'll have to read through all the posts here. ^_^;

I remember your screen name AngelBolt, but I'm afraid I can't say I remember much else. Image It's been a really long time.
_stromboli__ offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby TB3 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:47 am

Teaser for the final volume is now out on various Italian book-store websites. The book is due for release this October.

Everything now seems lost for Jeremy and his friends: he is imprisoned together with Ulrich and Eva in the virtual world of Lyoko, their enemy XANA, having allied with the terrorists of the Green Pheonix, has reactivated the terrible weapon contained within Lyoko, and Aelita is held captive within the Mirror, another virtual world created by her father.
Yumi and Odd are the only ones left in the real world who can help...
How can they save their friends and defeat XANA once and for all?

Well guys, looks like we're finally going to see Jeremy on Lyoko. And, it seems, Eva as well, presumably freed from XANA's influence.

The Wait Begins...
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tekirai » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:02 am

...that'll be very interesting, considering that Odd and Yumi don't often end up having to deal with many real world issues. And because of that they don't interact as often compared to any other two out of the group. :o

I'm wondering what kind of situation they ended up in to get Jeremie to go to Lyoko in the first place, and I'm really curious to know more about this "Mirror" if it's another virtual world... would be useful to know if I ever end up writing that fanfic I have planned that involves another side to the supercomputer. 8x
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:49 am

ASDSAGASDASDADSD

The only thing I'm upset about here is that this probably can't be understood outside the context of the second and third books. BUT IT SOUNDS SO AWESOME. And Odd and Yumi - Tekirai was right, those two aren't on saving-the-world patrol much. All in all, it's utterly enthralling.

*waits for next chapter to come out*
Carth offline

Postby Taelia » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:53 pm

So the kids get another their-age Warrior huh?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheTsunamix » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:17 pm

TB3 wrote:Teaser for the final volume is now out on various Italian book-store websites. The book is due for release this October.

Everything now seems lost for Jeremy and his friends: he is imprisoned together with Ulrich and Eva in the virtual world of Lyoko, their enemy XANA, having allied with the terrorists of the Green Pheonix, has reactivated the terrible weapon contained within Lyoko, and Aelita is held captive within the Mirror, another virtual world created by her father.
Yumi and Odd are the only ones left in the real world who can help...
How can they save their friends and defeat XANA once and for all?

Well guys, looks like we're finally going to see Jeremy on Lyoko. And, it seems, Eva as well, presumably freed from XANA's influence.

The Wait Begins...

Sweet, my birthday's in October. Not that I plan on buying it, especially because I'm not fluent in Italian. Although I did visit Italy sometime after the first book was released (I didn't see it, though).

Anyways, getting back on topic, I eagerly await to see what happens, even though, like most of us, I'm still on the second book since I'm reading this from the fanslation. But still, I love the teaser; I wonder what this "terrible weapon" could be and what this "Mirror" world is. Also, as for Jeremie on Lyoko, I only hope they include it on the cover art or at least give an adequate description of what he looks like. I'm still patiently waiting for the next chapter.
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby TB3 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:24 pm

Regarding updates - I'm considering buying copies of the books myself and scanning them into the family computer to translate. I need to do some research (converting the scans into text files might be a bugbear), but I'm now able to afford payment and shipping. We may have to wait a few weeks, but after that threshold is passed, regular updates should resume.

Oh and guys, if my research is anything, the final volume is actually coming out next month!
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Carth » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:38 pm

TB3 wrote:Regarding updates - I'm considering buying copies of the books myself and scanning them into the family computer to translate. I need to do some research (converting the scans into text files might be a bugbear), but I'm now able to afford payment and shipping. We may have to wait a few weeks, but after that threshold is passed, regular updates should resume.

Oh and guys, if my research is anything, the final volume is actually coming out next month!

Wait wait WHAT? That's unpossible! Amazing, but unpossible! Either way, can't wait to see the cover art...x33

And yay for purchasing the books! Go ahead and take all the time you need- we appreciate your efforts so far and I'm definitely thankful that you're doing this. If you didn't live across the pond I'd send you a basket full of fruit or something. And I'm sure there is a program that does that sort of thing out there somewhere...but I can't help you find it cause I dunno what it is. D:
Carth offline

Postby SilverPrince » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:47 pm

So, today I got off my butt (well, actually, no I didn't; I do all my interwebs surfing from a chair) and actually read the fanslations. Firstly, excellent work in translation, TB3. It's as if it never were in Italian. To echo Carth's sentiment, take all the time you need.

Secondly, I'm going to be honest. The liberties they have taken with the plot... don't sit entirely well with me. I understand that the entire series can't easily be compressed into books and all that, and I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing, but I don't like it. I always have a hard time accepting it when things move to a new medium and change in the process. Like most movies-based-on-novels.

That being said, I can dig the rest of it. I eagerly await further updates.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby green » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:55 pm

The Rev. SilverPrince wrote:So, today I got off my butt (well, actually, no I didn't; I do all my interwebs surfing from a chair) and actually read the fanslations. Firstly, excellent work in translation, TB3. It's as if it never were in Italian. To echo Carth's sentiment, take all the time you need.

Secondly, I'm going to be honest. The liberties they have taken with the plot... don't sit entirely well with me. I understand that the entire series can't easily be compressed into books and all that, and I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing, but I don't like it. I always have a hard time accepting it when things move to a new medium and change in the process. Like most movies-based-on-novels.

That being said, I can dig the rest of it. I eagerly await further updates.

I just like the plotholes/backstory bits that are getting filled in by the books, they're probably the only things that I'm letting color my interpretation of the original.

That said, I get past the hole 'I don't like the changes' thing by considering the books their own alternate universe away from the show. If it's it's own thing, then technically nothing's changed.

...but that's just me '-'
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby jym1 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:17 am

I see it sort of as an alternate retelling.
Like a professionally done fanfic.
thanks for the fanslations TB3. Can't wait for more
jym1 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Carth » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:34 am

Bumping this just because I just looked on CL.fr and saw that The Underground Castle, or "Le Château Souterrain," is now out where it ought to be, in France!

Here's the newspost: http://codelyoko.fr/index2.php?page=lir ... _news=1058

About the only useful bit of news in it is that Spain (WHAT) just got the third book released (WHAT), The Army of Nothing will be out in Italy in October, and they are scratching their heads at the fact that no English release has been made. Officially anyway ;]
Carth offline

Postby TB3 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:23 am

Sweeeeeeet.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SuperKad » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:12 pm

I'm not sure if this was mentioned before, but on the Atlantyca site under the foreign rights for Code Lyoko it says:
"Rights sold in French, Spanish, Catalan, Basque, Dutch, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Russian"
See here.

SuperKad offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Carth » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:23 pm

SuperKad wrote:I'm not sure if this was mentioned before, but on the Atlantyca site under the foreign rights for Code Lyoko it says:
"Rights sold in French, Spanish, Catalan, Basque, Dutch, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Russian"
See here.

...Right, so that's ten languages, counting Italian. And NONE OF THEM IS ENGLISH. <s>Wasn't Code Lyoko banned in China?</s>

I'm going to be over here, pretending to throw a fit but still proud that the series is selling.
Carth offline

Postby desincarnation » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:41 pm

So... the rights to publish are sold in any language CL is broadcast(including my native Polish! O.O) BUT in language a large part of the fandom speaks? That's so weird, and unfair at the same time.
EDIT: It's confirmed. Polish translation of Book 1 is being released on September 22th. link to Polish publisher I'm prepared to smash my piggy bank into pieces. ^^
Last edited by desincarnation on Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

PreviousNext