Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:31 pm

CL Novels: Now being Fanslated

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Cassius335 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:42 pm

TB3 wrote:
lyoko is great wrote:
Cassius335 wrote:I'm more worried about UK getting them. We barely get any CL stuff over here.

Yea My bro saw some CL figures but by the time i got there they had sold out. :no:

Matt Geczy once brought a little Odd figurine for a young relative, and was playing around with it when THE LEG BROKE OFF!

Just imagine that for a second - Odd's VA, playing with a little Odd, probably add-libbing dialogue, and the leg comes off!

At least he still had a leg to stand on... sort of. 'Course, he'd have to get around by hopping, but...
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:47 pm

XD

That would be a HOOT!

(I miss Matt, by the way.)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Blueyedblonde » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:09 am

ohmigosh, no way. I must have that book. >D
Blueyedblonde offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Oran » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:48 pm

The cover of the book looks really nice! Are they really going to release the book under the author "Jeremy Belpois"? It's going to feel surreal looking up the book at the library.

Last name: Belpois
First name: Jeremy
Title: Code Lyoko

*Enter* then something really weird happens.. 8P

Oran offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Carth » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:15 pm

http://worldscreen.com/newscurrent.php? ... 062408.htm

I just found this article here...it's nothing we haven't heard already, but I just felt really encouraged by its last line.

"We want to work with companies in the U.S. and throughout Europe to develop these characters and brands into new and very unique story ideas, not episodic books, but to create 'proper' storytelling novels."

Four more months...four more months...^o^
Carth offline

Postby Lyoko Wario » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:31 pm

I'll have plenty of reading to do next year.

First, Code Lyoko, then And Another Thing. (H2G2 #6)

Heh heh... I can't wait!
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby optimus304 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:05 am

GOOOD evening Ladies and gentle men. Im sure many of you our sad about my last news story. how about some good news

Fresh of the heels of the Movie and Season 5 rumors

We now have 4 cl books on the way. the first is due in march of 09. These books are the works of the authors of Ulysses Moore and Century. Written by the winner of the Mondadori Junior Award 2007.

first is called/ underground castle. march of 09
second is called /City with no name. Sept 09
Third is called/ return of the phoniex. March 10
and the final one is called/ Army of Nothing. Sept 10

Here is my proof link as well.
http://newarcadia.net/index.php?Pag=pub ... 7&Brand=15
been thier, destroyed that, saved them,
optimus304 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Carth » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:54 am

I am this close to exploding in fits of glee right now. Thiiiiis close.

One, those names. Those don't sound like the names of innocuous little children's books, do they? 83 I like the last one the most.

And it's good to see a closeup of that there cover art. Aelita looks kinda...bad up close, but JEREMIE HAS BLUE EYES ASDFGHJKL! And we still can't see the guy. Ah well.

I did some poking around, and found a paragraph with more detail on the story. Apparently, all four will be (ghost)written by Mr. Jeremie Belpois, and focus on, quote, "the adventures of the present and investigations into the past".

And lookit dis.

And a criminal organization that will stop at nothing to get the supercomputer to control the real world.

Project Carthage's modus operandi? Maybe? Yes? No? Pie?

The only thing I don't like is the release dates (FIVE more months?! T^T) but that's small potatoes. It's everything I dreamed the books would be. Wow. Wow.

More interesting bits I found-

Children who take on the adult world with the help of an artificial intelligence, which starts off as their enemy.

Technical specifics
Hardcover
Format 14 x 20,2 cm
352 pages + a 16 page dossier*
* sixteen photographic pages with all the case notes, investigations, photographs, maps, habits and secrets of the story's heroes, straight from the secret files of the Men in Black.

I'm sorry, I'm just geeking out right now. Five months. Five months.

*sits and waits for book*
Carth offline

Postby Tangent128 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:15 pm

Oh wow. Are those the English release dates, or will we have to wait longer?

Children who take on the adult world with the help of an artificial intelligence, which starts off as their enemy.

Interesting... of course, that description could just be a misunderstanding of the plot.

But still, the other details suggest something like what season four should've been.
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheAppleFreak » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:18 pm

Tangent128 wrote:Oh wow. Are those the English release dates, or will we have to wait longer?

Interesting... of course, that description could just be a misunderstanding of the plot.

But still, the other details suggest something like what season four should've been.

That also could be a plot twist for season 5, but I doubt that. Especially after reading that trope, though I don't know who Cowboy Bebop is.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Carth » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:27 pm

Huh...maybe I was a bit too enthusiastic. o_O But I agree with Tangent on this point- it sounds like a lot of what I was expecting in Season 4. Well, I guess I can assume this was sort of going on in the background. Or maybe, based on the fact that the paragraphs aren't really going past the Season 2 finale, it could be a retelling of the entire series, with everything from Season 3 on rewritten. Who knows.

On another note, there's been some additions to the site since this morning. There's a downloadable "flyer" for the book (the English could be better, but very nice aesthetically speaking), and this. Apparently, there'll be thumbnails in there eventually.

Also, we've got an author name- Pierdomenico Baccalario. The cover art was done by some talented guy named Iacopo Bruno. Italian men with unpronounceable names, please do your best. =D

(Altamente Confidenziale- Highly Confidential. Uomini in Nero- Men in Black.)
Carth offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:50 pm

Great find, Carth!
I can't wait until 2009 now...

*sits on chair, waiting expectantly*
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby Sciron » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:33 pm

888DD (eek, six eyes.)

*drools*

This is...awesome. And moreso that apparently all the attention is being focused on the books, since apparently the movies have been put on hold. :/

Apparently that last line related to the US ("with U.S. companies" or something), so apparently they'll be in English for sure. Just an observation for those of you that may find it unclear.

Oh, and they used "develop"...just some speculation, but does that mean that they'll be pushing past the end of the series?

But the summary for the first series is a bit contradictory to my last line; apparently it's revolving around the start of the series and/or before...?
Sciron offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: Stop stalking me, and then maybe I'll tell you...NOT.

Postby TB3 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:02 pm

THIS was worth signing in for! :)

Yo guys, Teebs here, now an employee of the police force (which is where I've been for the past few months, job-hunting and then settling into my post), and WOW, just WOW - I'm seriously SQUEEing here - I haven't SQUEE'd in months!

SQUEEEEEEEE! :D

Life is good :)

EDIT 1:
I just checked the demensions of the book against a ruler - it's a full-size novel! I was expecting something small, but 352 pages - as long as the font-size isn't too big, that's a LOT of story-space...and a 16 page dossier, direct from the files of the MiB! YAYZORS!

And interesting how it specifies the supercomputer as 'military' - finally, we may see our questions answered!

(chanting)

"PROJECT CARTHAGE! PROJECT CARTHAGE! PROJECT CARTHAGE!"

EDIT 2:
Uh, guys, the story's website appears to have updated, and now we have some more details:

A: The city in which the stories take place is named 'Kadic' - who'da thunk it?

B: The Men In Black are AMERICAN, and apparently were responsible for covering up the story of 'Professor Hopper' and his supercomputer

C: Unless this is a translation error, XANA is now a 'she'

D: Our new villans are a terrorist organisation called 'The Green Pheonix'

This might have been stuff already discussed here, but it's new to me, and it's exciting! XD

ROLL ON THE GOOD TIMES!
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lyokosui » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:39 pm

Here is another article about the distribution of the books
http://www.kidscreen.com/articles/magazine/20080801/atlantyca.html

This is the most important part of the article in my opinion
The first two Code Lyoko chapterbooks will roll out in Italy in March 2009 and September 2009, with another two due out in 2010. All four books will eventually be compiled in a 350-page novel format aimed at kids eight to 12 that will be supplemented with a 16-page insert of color illustrations.

Mazzuco hopes to sell the format to a French publisher as a first effort to establish it across Europe. She'll be shopping the concept around at the Frankfurt Book Fair this October, and should have an English-language version ready by then to introduce to North American publishers.

So, we will not be getting the book on March 2009, but a few months after at most(I hope). Unless you want the entire novel format, then you best be finding something to do in the meantime.
Fictional Conversation after the Episode "Routine:

Ulrich - "You couldn't wait, could you?"
Jeremy - "What are you talking about?"
*Ulrich grabs and lifts Jeremy by his collar.
Ulrich - "I was this close to tasting her porcelain lips. We weren't in any danger, but noooo! You had to return to the past anyway!"
*Jeremy sniffles as Aelita appears on screen and rolls her eyes
Aelita - Ulrich, put him down.

Lyokosui offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Tangent128 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:02 am

@TB3: Glad to see you again!

And wow. Haven't seen that yet.

I guess the big question is, are these novels sequels or alternate continuities?

Either way, I need to get them once they're in English... and read them... and spam TV Tropes with examples...
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Sciron » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:39 am

I'm getting a little annoyed, because it's extremely hard to tell of the location of the story in the series. :/ It does seem to be revealing stuff about the past, but so far it seems like the stories will take place post-S4.

That's my deductive reasoning though, so don't trust it unless you would trust me with your life. :P
Sciron offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: Stop stalking me, and then maybe I'll tell you...NOT.

Postby Tangent128 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:08 am

I have a hunch (68%) that it'll probably be a different continuity. I also have a hunch (93%) that if so, it'll be better than the show was.
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JesusFreak » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:41 am

Tangent128 wrote:I have a hunch (68%) that it'll probably be a different continuity. I also have a hunch (93%) that if so, it'll be better than the show was.

I have a hunch that the art style is an example of said hunches.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Tangent128 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:26 pm

Lyokosui wrote:Here is another article about the distribution of the books

...<snip>...

No, this is:
Atlantyca's writers plan to explore the mysterious circumstances surrounding the disappearance of a female protagonist's mom, which are never fully explained in the TV series. In the books, the kids will embark on a mission to find her, says CEO Claudia Mazzuco.

OK, I'm squeeing now.
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:24 pm

Tangent128 wrote:
Lyokosui wrote:Here is another article about the distribution of the books

...<snip>...

No, this is:
Atlantyca's writers plan to explore the mysterious circumstances surrounding the disappearance of a female protagonist's mom, which are never fully explained in the TV series. In the books, the kids will embark on a mission to find her, says CEO Claudia Mazzuco.

OK, I'm squeeing now.

Antea Hopper Antea Hopper Antea Hopper Antea Hopper YES. Great article. This just keeps getting better and better.

Tangent128 wrote:@TB3: Glad to see you again!

And wow. Haven't seen that yet.

I guess the big question is, are these novels sequels or alternate continuities?

Either way, I need to get them once they're in English... and read them... and spam TV Tropes with examples...

Screw English, pardon my language. I'm going to Amazon.fr, ordering the book in French, and translating it myself. It'll make a nice project. 8D

Oh, and hi, TB3! Great to hear about the police force job. Good luck saving the world from the evil computer virus- I mean, uh, those evil Welsh criminals! Yes. You live in Wales, right?

OH AND GUYS that thumbnail page got updated. It has thumbnails on it now! Four are just show background art, and one is the cover we've seen before, but there's four I've never seen. Thing is, we can't make them any larger. :/ Anyone know what "Didascalia" means?
Carth offline

Postby Lyoko Wario » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:21 pm

Oy... I was super happy after reading TB3's post but then something really got me. I'll be dying to get the books as soon as they come out, but knowing that they'll eventually be released as one big volume is obviously the wiser choice. Just like I did with the CL DVDs (buying the three "volumes" then the complete season, then being unable to find someone who will give me more than a penny for the "volumes") I'd better get ready to lose some cash on this deal. I'm far too obsessed to think critically, and that bothers me.

Secondly, I didn't expect the books to be full of sex and murder, (in fact, good thing these are not) but the idea of being aimed at kids ages 8-12, though logical, bothers me as well. If these are the same kids Harry Potter was aimed at, or the kinds of kids that would understand Mrs. Hertz's lectures, then I'm good, but I'm highly, highly dubious about the quality if it turns out they're holding back on the compound sentences.

Let's hope for the best...
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Tangent128 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:32 pm

Well, which kind of kid are plots involving government conspiracies targeted at?

According to Google, "Didascalia" is Italian, and means... *drum roll*

Caption. *brick'd*
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Lyoko Wario » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:52 pm

Tangent128 wrote:Well, which kind of kid are plots involving government conspiracies targeted at?

Caption. *brick'd*

... :arg:

About the Didascalia.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Carth » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:28 pm

Planet Cool wrote:
Tangent128 wrote:Well, which kind of kid are plots involving government conspiracies targeted at?

Caption. *brick'd*

... :arg:

About the Didascalia.

lolplaceholder. It does tell me, though, that this page is being updated constantly. And that makes me happy and stuff.

The Character page is lulz. The kids and XANA are nothing we don't already know (besides confirmation of their ages- did we know that, or were their ages fanon?). It also appears that Project Carthage, or the name at least, has been retconned out of this continuity. It seems like the MIB and TGP are like an amalgamation of what we thought they were.

And this bit about Yumi got me.

She has to cope with an annoying little brother and a swarm of admirers.

Lampshaaade.

I sure hope it's the Harry Potter crowd. There's probably a good chance- I mean, I've never heard the words "quadrilogy" and "para-American", and here they are using them. Of course, that might just be the Italians using English structure to make words that might be words. Who knows.
Carth offline

PreviousNext