Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:37 am

CL Novels: Now being Fanslated

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby SilverPrince » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:48 pm

Carth wrote:<s>Wasn't Code Lyoko banned in China?</s>

Well, yes and no. The Chinese government in Beijing banned the show. The Chinese government in Taipei did not ban Code Lyoko to my knowledge. You will note that the rights were sold in both Simplified and Traditional Chinese. The mainland uses Simplified Chinese, while, er, the-not-mainland uses Traditional. Selling the rights in both implies that Atlantyca is aware of the differing policies.

Also, the ban on Code Lyoko was only because the TV show wasn't made in China and fudged some legal documents or something. Theoretically, books are fine.

As for the lack of rights in English, maybe nobody wanted to buy them? Hate to be a downer, but...

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:54 pm

SilverPrince wrote:As for the lack of rights in English, maybe nobody wanted to buy them? Hate to be a downer, but...

...and then one day, this one Welsh fan said 'sod this for a game of soldiers, where's my Italian-English dictionary?!' :P

All self-mockery aside, it's great that the books have been sold in this many languages - the Catalan one I find quite intriguing as I visited Barcelona last year and, despite keeping my eyes peeled, I did not spot any CL-related materials in the shops.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Carth » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:07 pm

"Sod this for a game of soldiers"? I've never heard that phrase in my life. But I love it to pieces yes i do.

I'm intrigued by the Basque translation, only because Basque is a unique language, so I've heard...
Carth offline

Postby desincarnation » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:48 am

I'm intrigued by the Basque translation, only because Basque is a unique language, so I've heard...

And I am intrigued by Russian one, since the show wasn't even aired there... was it?
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Previous