Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:32 am

CL Novels: Now being Fanslated

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:08 pm

smiller wrote:(Off topic: Oh my gosh, I actually saw you on PokeCommunity before. I was googling "Code Lyoko" and I got a signature from PokeCommunity, and it was actually yours. I am Darkmewham2 on PokeCommunity!)

Also, is anyone going to make sure that no one edits the Wiki..?

I believe editing the Wiki is limited to Admins/Mods only, so there is no need to worry about anyone who shouldn't be editing it, doing so. :)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TB3 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:34 pm

Correct Mew (nods head)

As to everyone asking 'who can I tell' - feel free to spread the word, just show some common sense in how you do it :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SearchingLyoko » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:14 am

So... yes or no to the video?

if you're curious about CLU's news channel... it's at http://www.youtube.com/user/codelyokounited I think. If you look at it and decide you want a video on it, that's great. If not, oh well.

(I'm bringing this up again because at first people are saying No, now TB3's saying yes... so.... not sure at all now.)

What's this about the first 4 chapters?
SearchingLyoko Delenda Est.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:05 am

SearchingLyoko∞ wrote:So... yes or no to the video?

if you're curious about CLU's news channel... it's at http://www.youtube.com/user/codelyokounited I think. If you look at it and decide you want a video on it, that's great. If not, oh well.

(I'm bringing this up again because at first people are saying No, now TB3's saying yes... so.... not sure at all now.)

What's this about the first 4 chapters?

Can you please stop linking your site? I believe we all have the URL by now (it's posted just on the next page), and it's honestly getting kind of...spam ad-like to do that. We've had members get in trouble before for constant site advertisement, and in your case, I'd highly recommend just placing your Youtube channel in your sig so as to avoid needing to "re-link" it time and time again and getting into trouble. Thanks.

Also, I would personally still rather you not spread it "video" style. Youtube is very picky about copyright stuff to start with, and honestly, I think that announcement would be way better suited to a message on your channel's comment board so that you can link to the Wiki directly when it goes live.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TB3 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:48 pm

Major News about Volume 3, Return of the Pheonix, couresy of Aqua!

SPOILERS!!!!

Translation of the Jacket Blurb

Jeremy, Aelita, Ulrich, Yumi and Odd do not know that, in taking their new friend Eva Skinner in the factory, they have revealed to their worst enemy the access-point to Lyoko. And not just him, because watching for them is Grigory Nictapolus, the pitiless agent of the Green Phoenix found. Thus, when Jeremy joins together the worlds of Lyoko and First Ville, X.A.N.A recliams his power and decides to join forces with Green Phoenix, a dangerous terrorist group, by giving life to a terrible army of robots which set out to invade the City of the Iron Tower...

NOTES
First Vile = Unknown
City of the Iron Tower = Paris
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Carth » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:09 pm

AIODHLGHASIRASNFKFNFF

*foams at the mouth and dies*
Carth offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:12 pm

Carth wrote:....

AIODHLGHASIRASNFKFNFF

*seconds*

This is nice. If I may ask, when will the chapters be available on LiveJournal?
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Carth » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:17 pm

TheLordOfAppleFreaks wrote:
Carth wrote:....

AIODHLGHASIRASNFKFNFF

*seconds*

This is nice. If I may ask, when will the chapters be available on LiveJournal?

Hopefully very soon. I've just asked meself. D:

But on another note...if we happen to have the jacket blurb...do we also have the jacket art itself? 83
Carth offline

Postby TB3 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:56 pm

Sadly no Carth - the blurb comes from the online retailers that already have listists for the Italian Editions slated for release next month

Great news though! :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Aerodynamite79 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:42 pm

WAY COOL XD!!!!

Now...I do have one question here though. IIRC there was supposed to be 4 books made. Is it possible we will see the fourth and final book out later this year?

Aerodynamite79 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby green » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:44 pm

asdskflsfldkldk

I have my doubts about this Eva girl, though it's obviously too early to say anything. BUT STILL--
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Rho » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:11 am

THESE. NOVELS. MUST. BECOME. EPISODES.

Seriously, the plots for these would make an INCREDIBLE season 5, and it'd probably cause it to be rated TV-PG.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TB3 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:31 am

Thanks to Aqua I now have the entire first volume and am ready to continue fanslating. As a teaser, here's a little chunk of prose I found after searching the text for the keywords 'Franz' and 'Anthea';

WARNING, HERE BE SPOILERS!

"Meanwhile, I think I owe you some explanations Aelita. When you were born, I was still living under my name, my true name: not Franz Hopper, but Waldo Schaeffer. At the time, your mother Anthea and I were working in Switzerland on a project of great secrecy, “Carthage“. Late in the project, we realised that our research was being used not to benefit humanity, but instead to control it, and we decided to escape. But we were unscuessful. Your mother was kidnapped and taken away from us. I do not know where they are keeping her, but I am certain that she is still alive. I can only hope that she is well. You do not know for how long I searched for her! I did all in my power in an attempt to located her, but I also had to think of your safety..."

WE WERE RIGHT!

Franz and Anthea did abandon the project, she was his intellectual equal, and in the next paragraph Franz confirms the technology developed for Carthage went into the supercomputer!

And we now know where Carthage was based...Switzerland. For some reason, the CERN supercollider comes to my mind, heh.

That's just a little teaser, and the bit that comes after is a significant departure from the show.

Franz put Aelita in the supercomputer to save her life...because the MiB SHOT HER IN THE HEAD!

DAMN!

That is all.
Last edited by TB3 on Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Carth » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:32 pm

TB3 wrote:Franz and Anthea did abandon the project, she was his intellectual equal, and in the next paragraph Franz confirms the technology developed for Carthage went into the supercomputer!

And we now know where Carthage was based...Switzerland. For some reason, the CERN supercollider comes to my mind, heh.

That's just a little teaser, and the bit that comes after is a significant departure from the show.

Franz put Aelita in the supercomputer to save her life...because the MiB SHOT HER IN THE HEAD!

DAMN!

That is all.

YAY! MOAR NOVELS! I think this much has convinced me that these aren't canon in line with the show, but I still love love love this guy's take on the story.

YEAH ANTHEA for being a smarty! And yay for plot justification! Switzerland...I always had a feeling, what with the country's neutrality and all the pretty mountains at Aelita's old house. And LOL.

And yeah, that "shot in the head" thing goes against "The Key", where Franzy said he was planning for them to enter the computer from the beginning. BUT DAMN. A child getting shot by an (evil, granted) adult in A CHILDREN'S STORY? YEAH PIER-SENSEI! I love this explanation...though it's gonna be interesting incorporating it...

<s>and i'm happy that this continuation is now giving me justification to redo Five</s>
Carth offline

Postby green » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:21 pm

TB3 wrote:Thanks to Aqua I now have the entire first volume and am ready to continue fanslating. As a teaser, here's a little chunk of prose I found after searching the text for the keywords 'Franz' and 'Anthea';

"Meanwhile, I think I owe you some explanations Aelita. When you were born, I was still living under my name, my true name: not Franz Hopper, but Waldo Schaeffer. At the time, your mother Anthea and I were working in Switzerland on a project of great secrecy, “Carthage“. Late in the project, we realised that our research was being used not to benefit humanity, but instead to control it, and we decided to escape. But we were unscuessful. Your mother was kidnapped and taken away from us. I do not know where they are keeping her, but I am certain that she is still alive. I can only hope that she is well. You do not know for how long I searched for her! I did all in my power in an attempt to located her, but I also had to think of your safety..."

WE WERE RIGHT!

Franz and Anthea did abandon the project, she was his intellectual equal, and in the next paragraph Franz confirms the technology developed for Carthage went into the supercomputer!

DAMN!

That is all.

O.O

O.O

I... I have no words. As if I wasn't excited enough for these!
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Rho » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:42 pm

..because the MiB SHOT HER IN THE HEAD!

..holy (BKO)

When and if these are released in the USA, they better not butcher these.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Stonecreek » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:09 pm

The teaser now has my interest red-lining. This is what I always wanted from the show - take a more mature, realistic tangent with events, and build the characters rather than build them up to become caricatures of themselves. The novels, it sounds like, are taking the right approach. Too bad about the contradicting canon thing, though. Would've liked to see them mesh cohesively.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby Aerodynamite79 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:35 pm

WOAH!!! That's a major departure.

K....these NEED to become episodes...or be released in the US...or preferably both.

Aerodynamite79 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Lani » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:16 am

TB3 wrote:Franz put Aelita in the supercomputer to save her life...because the MiB SHOT HER IN THE HEAD!

what

I need this. Like, now.
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko Wario » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:27 pm

TB3 wrote:Thanks to Aqua I now have the entire first volume and am ready to continue fanslating. As a teaser, here's a little chunk of prose I found after searching the text for the keywords 'Franz' and 'Anthea';

WE WERE RIGHT!

DAMN!

That is all.

There is something I would like you to know.

After reading this, I literally got up, danced and hopped around like a lunatic, then sat back down and was overcome with an irresistible urge to hug Aelita.

So I picked up a cushion and squeeeeezed!!

Want book, want now. That is all.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:53 am

Why hasn't anyone TOLD US ABOUT THIS BEFORE?! :cussout:
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:20 am

Taelia wrote:Why hasn't anyone TOLD US ABOUT THIS BEFORE?! :cussout:

Well, if you'd checked the site for updates... ;)

Just to avoid a small meltdown when the chapter in question comes out, I have to tell you Taelia that Sissi has been written out of the events of XANA Awakens as recounted/adapted for the book. She does get a mention, so she is still a character, but she doesn't actually appear in the book (mainly because we only see Kadic in brief flashbacks, as the majority of the book takes place on the last day of the Christmas vacations)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:33 am

You read my mind! I was just about to ask about her! Jodi would not be pleased.

Awww, Aelita got shot in the head?! Did the virtual realm restore her to life?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:21 am

So I decided on a whim to search for info on the third book...and here's an Italian bookseller who has only the title, but marks the release date as April 1st- April Fool's Day. http://www.unilibro.it/find_buy/Scheda/ ... lyoko_.htm That's in eleven days. I can't wait to at least see the cover art.

Also, Mr. Tuberculosis the 3rd, I've meant to ask. Y'know how the publisher's website advertised a 16-page "dossier"? Is that included at all with what Aqua gave you?
Carth offline

Postby Asantewaalrus » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:01 pm

[/faint]
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

PreviousNext