Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:25 pm

CL Novels: Now being Fanslated

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Carth » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:59 pm

Pictures pictures pictures pictures PICTURES THAT MAKE NO SENSE D8

Well, I am a little excited that they still appear to be on board with this! With only two days left in the month of February, I'm hoping to see some action with this project. I just realized I haven't touched this site in a week, and I need something to get me back interested in the community ;__;
Carth offline

Postby Sciron » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:32 pm

The pictures look interesting...but the problem is that they all look like random stuff. The only way we know it's not is because that video has Aelita's name on it. -.-
Sciron offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: Stop stalking me, and then maybe I'll tell you...NOT.

Postby Lyoko Wario » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:29 pm

Don't leave the community, Carth!

Anyway, I'm interested. I'm still a bit nervous about there not being an American release, but, come on, there's gotta be one, right? I mean, this country does have a substantial Code Lyoko fandom, as do other English-speaking countries and there's no way they'd just ignore us, would they? If they did, it'd be dumb of them, because they would miss out on a big chance to cash in.

I hope Aelita shares that video with me. I gotta see what's on it!

So, whose room is that? Jeremie's, isn't it?

I tingle all over. Can't wait for a new literary series to follow... And it's CL!!
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TB3 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:12 pm

Carth wrote:Pictures pictures pictures pictures PICTURES THAT MAKE NO SENSE D8

Well, I am a little excited that they still appear to be on board with this! With only two days left in the month of February, I'm hoping to see some action with this project. I just realized I haven't touched this site in a week, and I need something to get me back interested in the community ;__;

Ah Carth, what would we do without you? You're perhaps the sanest member of the entire forum :)

Regarding the photos, I do wonder if this is part of a surveilance project from years ago - I mean, when else would you see sensitive information being encoded on VHS?

The other alternative is this - the VHS's label 'Per Aelita' translates from italian as 'For Aelita', so its possible that the contents of the box are delivered to her with a message to watch the tape - OH this is exciting! :D

Regarding an English translation, Atlantyca's foreign rights section lists that the division's primary task is to sell the translation deals for its books to foriegn publishers;

Foreign Rights

The Foreign Rights Division of Atlantyca Entertainment, with its over 800 contracts for publishing and translation, is a task force specifically dedicated to the worldwide sale of the publishing rights generated by all the properties in its portfolio.

Its core activity is the sale for the translation rights of the Geronimo Stilton books and its spin offs, already published in 33 languages, as well as the sale for the translation rights of properties such as Ulysses Moore, Century, Cryptoanimals, Milla & Sugar, Oscar & Co., Doctor Dog assigned to Atlantyca by Edizioni Piemme, Dream Farm e Moonscoop.

Through its participation to the most important specialized fairs of Bologna, London, Beijing and Frankfurt, the Foreign Rights Division ensures its constant presence on the buyer list of its more than 50 clients, who are among the most important publishers in the world:

As such, the liklihood of an English release is high, and as I said before, even if that fails, there will probably be fan-translations at some point :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TheAppleFreak » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:17 pm

Very interesting find, TB3. I highly doubt that they wouldn't come out with an English version.
Regardless, I'd buy it, even if I have to drag my Italian-speaking friend to translate it for me.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Carth » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:06 am

TB3 wrote:

Ah Carth, what would we do without you? You're perhaps the sanest member of the entire forum :)

Regarding the photos, I do wonder if this is part of a surveilance project from years ago - I mean, when else would you see sensitive information being encoded on VHS?

The other alternative is this - the VHS's label 'Per Aelita' translates from italian as 'For Aelita', so its possible that the contents of the box are delivered to her with a message to watch the tape - OH this is exciting! :D

Regarding an English translation, Atlantyca's foreign rights section lists that the division's primary task is to sell the translation deals for its books to foriegn publishers;

(STUFF)

As such, the liklihood of an English release is high, and as I said before, even if that fails, there will probably be fan-translations at some point :)

Oh no, I can't leave this place! I just tend to lurk more than I post nowadays. ;_;

As uninformative as those pictures are, the fact that they ARE doing something with the site excites me. And I agree that the English release likelihood is high- why would they go through all the trouble of translating all that info (or most of it- Didascalia *snicker*) into English if they weren't going to give us the book?

As much as I believe that, fan translation sounds like fun ^-^ I don't know Italian, though...
Carth offline

Postby Saphire-089 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:10 pm

Carth wrote:
TB3 wrote:

(STUFF)

Oh no, I can't leave this place! I just tend to lurk more than I post nowadays. ;_;

As uninformative as those pictures are, the fact that they ARE doing something with the site excites me. And I agree that the English release likelihood is high- why would they go through all the trouble of translating all that info (or most of it- Didascalia *snicker*) into English if they weren't going to give us the book?

As much as I believe that, fan translation sounds like fun ^-^ I don't know Italian, though...

As for the whole lurking thing, same here.

But that does sound weird about the VHS
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby Lyoko Wario » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:00 pm

I hope that's not the tape from The Ring Aelita's getting.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Carth » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:52 pm

I don't know if anyone's seen this page yet-

http://newarcadia.net/index.php?Lang=EN ... &Titolo=14

There's nothing new here, just a list of titles. Well, title. And a more complete looking cover, with art that looks like it's been edited slightly. It looks a little sharper now. Batello a vapore means "Steamship", which appears to be a publisher of some kind. I went on their website. No hint of CL anywhere but there were other Atlantyca holdings. It was kind of hard to navigate, being in Italian at all.

You'd think that this close to the release they'd put out a definite date...
Carth offline

Postby xiaozanghou » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:14 pm

Most Italian booksellers I've seen have had it pinned at 27 March 2009 for a few months now, with the price of €16(~$20). However, one of them has it slated for sometime in April.

Edit
I originally posted this at: http://www.codelyoko.com/forum/forumen/viewtopic.php?p=10358796#10358796:

These pages have been floating around on the internet as a preview for a little while, so the legality of this is an I'm-not-sure kinda thing but here's hoping the admin will set me straight. Size one'd for those who hate spoilers.

xiao's mad digging/translation skillz wrote:

Last night was ten years from
the first time that I had seen this, and I decided
that now is the time to tell.
To reveal the incredible facts we have witnessed.
Yumi Ishiyama, Ulrich Stern, Odd Della Robbia
and I, Jeremy Belpois. And Aelita, of course.
Not a day goes by without thinking of Aelita.
This story, and all of them, my friends.
But especially for you.
Who knows if you are still listening...

Jeremy

Chapter One
A Butterfly at the Bottom of the Sea
(Sea of Japan, 21 December)

It is said that if a butterfly flaps its wings in Beijing, it will rain in New York.
Perhaps that is how it is supposed to go, that time too, but it's difficult to say: although everyone is aware when it rains, the fact is that by now, nobody can trace it back to the butterfly responsible...
Tuesday, 21 December, at 2:36 PM, the ship KNT-17 cast anchor off the coast of the Sea of Japan, and an officer informed the land base, "We are in position."
Listening at the land base was Yukiko Itou, a beautiful Japanese woman of twenty years. From her peaceful desk, Yukiko monitered the screens that surrounded it. Into the microphone system in front of her mouth she said, "Base here, everything's okay. Disembark Rovvy whenever you want."
The KNT-17 was a "cablographical" vessel: its task was to control the telecommunication cables that connected Japan to the United States. There was only one problem: the wires were more than a thousand feet deep below the surface of the sea. And here came into play "Rovvy", as it was familiarly called by the experts.
Despite its funny name, it was a very sophisticated robot. An ROV: Remotely Controlled Vehicle. It was the only way to operate in the tranquil and unimaginable pressure of the deep ocean.
The monitor on Yukiko's desk had two visuals: the robot, a kind of big, yellow box that was dropped intro the waves wit a crane, and of the officer on board the ship.
"How are you, sweet baby?" squawked his voice from the radio transmitter.
Yukiko laughed. "Are you talking to me?"
"Of course not, I was talking with Rovvy!"
Another laugh. "Focus on the job, or else you'll end up leaving the entirety of Japan without Internet!"
Six hours had passed since the underwater cable had started to misfire, and the cause ware extremely worrying. Through that cable passed most of the telephone calls and emails that the Japanese sent to America and vice versa. It was necessary to act quickly and with precision.
Flashing by underwater at great speed thanks to the powerful propeller blades, in no time Rovvy had reached the cable, a large black snake that stretched to infinity in both directions on the sandy bottom. All around, the ocean was silent and dark. At this depth, there weren't even fish. Without the beam of light from the robot's underwater telecamera, the screen before Yukiko might have seemed as if it was completely turned off.
A few minutes passed.
Then, the silence was broken by the voice of the ship's officer through her headphones.
"I think I've found the cause. It doesn't seem to be anything serious."
From an internal compartment of Rovvy spouted a mechanical arm, which stretched up to touch the surface of the cable.
In that same instant, the electronic instruments around Yukiko seemed to go crazy.
"Wait, stop!" She cried instinctively.
"What happened?"
"There was... a power spike, I think. I don't know how to explain it. It seemed like a kind of jam."
"Yukiko? Can you repeat that?"
"You understood me very well: you touched the cable, and we observed a jam in the current!"
"But it was just a touch! And how can an optical cable be 'jammed'?"
The woman ignored the comment and cast a quick look at the monitor. "In any case, now it seems to be alright again. Communications are working perfectly."
"Do you want to proceed with repairs anyway?"
"No, no, it wouldn't help anything. Mission adjourned. Withdraw Rovvy and return home."
"Perfect, so this evening we can go out together."
Yukiko smiled and tucked a lock of hair behind her ear. "Why not?"

While in Japan the Internet was regaining its function, in France, a young girl of thirteen years was having breakfast in the cafeteria of Kadic Academy. Her name was Aelita Stones, but during her short life she had gone by many different names. She was not tall for her age and had a small, tuned-up nose, large eyes, and hair the color of flame cut into a short bob. She wore comfortable-looking dungarees and had a rather serious look that clashed with the happiness of the other students.
Kadic's cafeteria breathed an air of celebration: it was the second-to-last day of school before the Christmas vacations and lessons would start again only in January, after almost twenty days.
It was a lot of time to spend at home with Mom and Dad. Aelita, however, had other plans that were nowhere near as pleasant. Her parents, in fact, were no more. Aelita had the impression that centuries had passed since she was finally left alone in the world. From that horrible day on which her father...
"Everything okay?" Asked Jeremy suddenly, with a start.
Jeremy Belpois was thirteen, with blond, slightly long hair and spectacles on his nose. Jeremy was an important person, because on that terrible day on which her father...
"Aelita?"
The girl was frozen holding her croissant in the air, mouth ajar, with the face of a person staring into the void.
"She's paralyzed with emotion," commented the third friend. He was Odd Della Robbia, smiling as always, with the hair on his head spiked in his usual rocker look. "So, Jeremy, is our diabolical plan ready?" Odd asked, addressing his friend.
"Every single detail." Jeremy agreed. "Aelita and I will go to my place for vacation. My mother will be overjoyed to have a girl to spoil."
"What about you?"
"Cut it out, Odd."
"Our computer romance..."
Jeremy blushed, but continued to talk as if nothing had happened with his eyes looking down at the plate. "We'll come back to the academy on Sunday, the ninth. One day before classes."
"Perfect! What about you?"
"Sleeping over at Ulrich's house."
"Me too! So, there'll be no one to ever check. And the others. Have you heard from them?"
"No, but we've already discussed everything. I don't think that there will be any problems."
"Hey, Aelita, are you here with us?" Odd asked the girl, having noticed that she hadn't moved a single muscle the entire time. The croissant was still paused in front of her mouth.
"Aelita, if this is a joke, it's not funny," said Jeremy, sounding concerned.
The girl had such a fixed look, barely blinking.
"You're called Jeremy, right?"
He stared at her incredulously, then laughed awkwardly. Odd pretended to play along. "Yes, he's Jeremy and I'm Odd. We're your best friends. Remember?" He meant it as a joke, but Aelita didn't laugh.
"No." She only answered.

Not written as well as I thought it would be but it sets up nicely. Still gonna buy it.
xiaozanghou offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: they asked me where i planned to go then i pointed at the stars and said i haven't really chose

Postby Carth » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:54 pm

Well... (also size one'd)the story itself is intriguing, but I can't help but hope that what we're reading here is either a choppy translation, a fake, or a draft of sorts. It reads sort of awkward, the writing isn't the best of quality (it's sort of psuedo-sophisticated), and not much of it makes sense, least of all that first bit with the boats and Aelita's random amnesia.

I still have high hopes for it, though. Less than a week until we know for sure...
Carth offline

Postby TB3 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:15 pm

I'm pleasantly surprised, very much so - for a franchise-spinner intended for kids this is well-written, the characterisation seems good, and I suspect we're finally going to get a globetrotting plot.

BRING ON THE GOOD TIMES! :)

Nb:
The dates seem a little messed up. The opening segment is set on 'Tuesday, Dec 21', and refernce is made to January 9th falling on a Sunday.

December 21 2006 was a Tuesday, but January 9th 2007 was also a Tuesday. Also, because of the way the dates fall, it's impossible for Dec 21st to be a Tuesday and January 9th to be a Sunday, because there's never enough days in between to cram in enough cycles of the week.

*End Crowning Moment Of Nerdom* ;)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tangent128 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:44 pm

"Crowning Moment"? Don't tell me TB3 is getting Tropey. :nyeh!:

Aelita with amnesia? Perhaps the SC connection wasn't so completely broken as hoped...
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby xiaozanghou » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:55 pm

TB3 wrote:because of the way the dates fall, it's impossible for Dec 21st to be a Tuesday and January 9th to be a Sunday, because there's never enough days in between to cram in enough cycles of the week.

I'm not sure the books take place in the same timeline as the show, although it'll be interesting if they try to write that in. Aside, the way the dates fall seem pretty possible. I admit I don't know what you mean by "cycles of the week".

Code: Select all
December
sun mon tue wed thu fri sat
        21  22  23  24  25
26  27  28  29  30  31  1

January
2   3   4   5   6   7   8
xiaozanghou offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: they asked me where i planned to go then i pointed at the stars and said i haven't really chose

Postby TB3 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:47 am

My mistake, lol - I was misreading my calender :D

Having now corrected my dates, it seems this novel begins in December of 2004, extending through into 2005
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TheAppleFreak » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:05 pm

O_O
...Where have I been these past three days!?!?!?
This find looks very interesting. It does seem a bit choppy, but I think that it has much potential.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby Lyoko Wario » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:59 pm

Less than a week... wait, what!?
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TB3 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:17 pm

Well well, today's the day, because if reports are true, it is in these 24 hours (March 27th) that the first of the new CL novels goes on sale in Italy - keep your eyes peeled one and all! :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Saphire-089 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:33 pm

TB3 wrote:Well well, today's the day, because if reports are true, it is in these 24 hours (March 27th) that the first of the new CL novels goes on sale in Italy - keep your eyes peeled one and all! :)

Great, now I wish I'd taken italian in high school. I knew I should have...
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby Carth » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:44 pm

TB3 wrote:Well well, today's the day, because if reports are true, it is in these 24 hours (March 27th) that the first of the new CL novels goes on sale in Italy - keep your eyes peeled one and all! :)

Does anyone here know Italian? Anyone...at all? D8

Either way, I'z excited! A new CL release! *waits patiently for a translation, or a French release so she can halfway read it*
Carth offline

Postby TB3 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:39 am

Right, the book appears to be for sale with an online Italian bookvendor, IBS - only problem is I can't navigate the site to order myself a copy! XD

I've also emailled Atlantyca's foreign rights department enquiring about the liklihood of French/English translations, so we'll see what happens :)

UPDATE:

Atlantyca replied with remarkable and admirable speed - here, for reference, was what I sent to them;

To whom it may concern

My apologies if this seems rude. This message is on behalf of myself and many members of the Code Lyoko fandom, who are very interested in Atlantyca's upcoming novels. First, may we say thankyou for undertaking this project - from what information has been released, the books promise to be an exciting and intruiging continuation of the storyline, delving into the backstory that the show itself did not cover. This is exactly the approach that the majority of us in the fandom have hoped for since 2005.

However, we do have a question - currently the only version of the novels to be released is in Italian. As the majority of the fans are French/English-speaking, we are curious as to whether an English or French translation of the books will be released, or if the rights to such a translation have been sold.

Many thanks, on behalf of myself and the many millions of Lyokofreaks and Lyokophiles of the world - we eagerly await further news

Yours in good faith

Rhys Davies

And here's their reply;

Dear Mr Davies,

Thank you very much for your email and your support.

We just came back from Bologna book fair where a lot of French publishers expressed their interest in Code Lyoko. We will attend London book fair soon and hopefully we will find the same enthusiasm with UK publishers.

Thanks again!

With best wishes,

Valentina

So, it now hangs on the London Book Fair, which will be hed from the 20-22nd April this year - with that in mind, we'll have to wait at least a few months for an English Edition, but we've waited patiently thus far, so it's not too bad :)

http://www.londonbookfair.co.uk/

The Bologna Children's Book Fair was held this week (actually it ended yesterday), and if there was considerable interest from French publishers, a French Edition may be forthcoming :)

http://www.bookfair.bolognafiere.it/pag ... 52Overview

Hope this helps everyone :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cassius335 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:25 am

All potential good news, then.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:30 am

I've been keeping an eye on google - crossrefferencing the book's italian title with the word 'lyoko', keeping a track so that when a review comes out we'll be able to translate it. While checking this morning I found the following site, that includes a short (but kinda cool) flash trailer for the book, that I'm guessing has been airing on Italian TV.

Enjoy!

http://codelyoko.battelloavapore.it/
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chosen_one » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:18 am

I speak a little bit of Italian, and I'm pretty good with languages, so I can learn well and figure things out… Perhaps I can help?
Italian wrote:Partecipa anche tu al concorso code lyoko e il castello sotterraneo
Concorso valido dal 24 marzo 2009 al 30 giugno 2009 e potrai vincere uno dei due PORTATILI
VAIO messi in palio! - estrazione il 20 luglio 2009 totale montepremi 2.198,00 euro

English wrote:Participate in the contest "Code Lyoko and the Underground Castle"
The contest lasts from 24 March 2009 to 30 June 2009 and you can win one of two VAIO
LAPTOPS as a prize! The winner will be chosen on 20 July 2009, and the total value is 2,198.00 euro.

Italian wrote:Quattro ragazzi scoprono un passaggio segreto che li porta nei meandri sotterranei di una vecchia fabbrica in disuso. Lì, nascosto e protetto da sistemi di sicurezza che sembrano abbandonati da anni, trovano un supercomputer militare che non dovrebbe essere riattivato. È il portale di accesso a Lyoko, un mondo digitale parallelo abitato da X.A.N.A., una malvagia intelligenza elettronica. Ma X.A.N.A. non è l’unico nemico che Jeremy e i suoi amici devono affrontare: un’organizzazione militare, infatti, si vuole impossessare del supercomputer per poter controllare il mondo reale.

English wrote:Four kids discover a secret passage that takes them to an old, unused underground factory. Hidden and protected there is a security system that appears to have been abandoned for many years, connected to a military supercomputer that shouldn't be reactivated. It is the portal to access Lyoko, a parallel, digital world inhabited by X.A.N.A., an evil artificial intelligence. But X.A.N.A. is not the only nemesis that Jeremy and his friends must confront; indeed, a military organization seeks to possess the supercomputer in order to control the real world.
The Chosen One
Consul of the Republic of Destiny
Conqueror of the Empire of Fate
I have received 2480 replied notifications.
Click here to go to my 1337th post.
Click Here to view the longest thread in Lyoko Freak history.
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Lyoko Wario » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:33 pm

I think it's time to consider the possibility that these things are never coming overseas.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

PreviousNext