Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:29 am

CL Novels: Now being Fanslated

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Lani » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:33 am

...oh wow.

I'm buying that. Holy crap. If all else fails, I'll buy the Spanish version HAHA.
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby dobermutt » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:41 pm

Release date? I'm so gonna read those!!!
ImageImage
dobermutt offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Taelia » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:33 pm

I am as well, if they are any good.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko Wario » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:13 pm

I am even if they're not any good.

That'll show my devotion to the Lyoko Gods.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:42 am

I am so buying these (english version, natch). It's only a pity we have to wait so long.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:49 am

I'll take English or French. But the fact that the cover's in Italian makes me wonder...are they going to write it in Italian and translate into French, or vice versa? Where would the English translation come from? God forbid they write it in Italian, then translate it into French, then translate it into English...

I must say, I love that cover art, It's nice to see a good artist translate the characters to a ... (God help me, I can't put it any other way,) a slightly less foreheaded style.

Heehee...foreheaded. 8D I kinda noticed that too...the foreheads don't make up 3/4ths of the head like they used to. O_O Also, either my eyes are decieving me due to the small picture size, or the CL characters actually have eye colors now- Jeremie's eyes look blueish to me.

I'm not too mad about the wait. It means they have a good, long time to write it. But the cover and all this info leaves so many questions unanswered! What exactly would Jeremie narrarate about? What are we going to see inside his head? Which other characters are going to have POV stories? (Ulrich would be interesting...) And who's that guy opening the door behind them on the cover?
Carth offline

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:12 pm

Carth wrote:I'll take English or French. But the fact that the cover's in Italian makes me wonder...are they going to write it in Italian and translate into French, or vice versa? Where would the English translation come from? God forbid they write it in Italian, then translate it into French, then translate it into English...

Amen to that.

Carth wrote:
I must say, I love that cover art, It's nice to see a good artist translate the characters to a ... (God help me, I can't put it any other way,) a slightly less foreheaded style.

Heehee...foreheaded. 8D I kinda noticed that too...the foreheads don't make up 3/4ths of the head like they used to. O_O Also, either my eyes are decieving me due to the small picture size, or the CL characters actually have eye colors now- Jeremie's eyes look blueish to me.

Yeah, Looks good.

Carth wrote:I'm not too mad about the wait. It means they have a good, long time to write it. But the cover and all this info leaves so many questions unanswered! What exactly would Jeremie narrarate about? What are we going to see inside his head? Which other characters are going to have POV stories? (Ulrich would be interesting...) And who's that guy opening the door behind them on the cover?

More to the point, if there's four novels, who gets left out? Or is Jeremie narrating all of them?
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Saphire-089 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:12 pm

Cassius335 wrote:
Carth wrote:I'm not too mad about the wait. It means they have a good, long time to write it. But the cover and all this info leaves so many questions unanswered! What exactly would Jeremie narrarate about? What are we going to see inside his head? Which other characters are going to have POV stories? (Ulrich would be interesting...) And who's that guy opening the door behind them on the cover?

More to the point, if there's four novels, who gets left out? Or is Jeremie narrating all of them?

Hopefully not Ulrich, if it would be a differant character narrating, he'd be way too interesting to pass up. Maybe Odd? Can't leave out Aelita, though.
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby optimus304 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:31 am

It could be that this one might feature Jeremy and Aelita. Maybe a future one will feature Ulrich and Yumi. one to feature Odd and another to possibly feature...William???

And besides like i said. if these do well then they'll relase others as well
been thier, destroyed that, saved them,
optimus304 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:09 pm

It's possible that Jeremy will narrate them all, though I hope not.
Maybe the ghostwriter will tell the stories from everyone's point of views throughout the book. Other writers have done that.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby MemoAwesome » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:17 pm

Oh wow. That book looks...hot!

I'd buy it in French or English, depending on which comes out first. Mrehehe.

Do you think they'll sell them in bookstores in the US or make us order them over Amazon or something? Hopefully they can get hyped up enough to say "I think we'll sell a lot, so let's throw it to the Americans too." 8D
"Go to lunch; I'll stay here, and try to work all this out,
If anything happens, I'll give you a shout."
~A poem, By Jeremy Belpois
MemoAwesome offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Cassius335 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:46 am

I'm more worried about UK getting them. We barely get any CL stuff over here.
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby emoBillâ„¢ » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:29 pm

I love when they do books of anime. You never see people with Japanese names in a regular book...unless it's a foreign exchange student or something, and 4 times out of 5 you end up wanting to kill the people who wrote the book by the end of it.

This looks really good. I also like the cover art. It's very realistic. So I'll probably buy it. Good thing is...it's real close to my birthday, so maybe I'll get birthday money to buy it with :D

Feburary 1, 2009! Come to me, sweet 16! LOL.
___________________Image
emoBillâ„¢ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby ginolyoko12 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:08 am

I normally have a huge dislike of books, but this is an exception. Its strange seeing the art without gigantic foreheads. But strange and change is good. ;)

I'm really gonna try to buy all of it. Hopefully it'll come out before I finish my senior year in high school.
My real name is Johnathan Ulrich Gino Dela-Cruz
But call me Gino for short :D
I'm 17!
ginolyoko12 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Lyoko Wario » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:59 pm

Oh, wow. I'm bouncing from excitement. Oh, I must look silly! I look silly, don't I?

I like the cover even if it's kind of... oh, what's the word? ...different? I'll miss the old style.

EDIT: I just realized, this post is kind of funny if you read it with a Stewie Griffin accent.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TB3 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:35 am

Cassius335 wrote:I'm more worried about UK getting them. We barely get any CL stuff over here.

Don't worry - if the US gets them, all you need is a credit card and access to amazon.com

Now - my reaction to that cover;

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :D

That is all :D
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:50 am

So, the novels are based off of the upcoming movies, huh?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby optimus304 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:21 am

Taelia wrote:So, the novels are based off of the upcoming movies, huh?

We're not sure yet. Rumor is that they might be, It might end up that only half of them are a set up for the first movie. But when i find out i will definetly let you know.
been thier, destroyed that, saved them,
optimus304 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby SilverPrince » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:47 pm

I haven't posted here yet? Oh my. Allow me to rectify this situation.

CL novels, you say? Awesomeness! Chances are that I'll buy them only if they are released in English, and if they aren't, I will read the Wikipedia page about the boks religiously. And if there isn't an English Wikipedia page about them... I'm done for.

This reminds me of the time when Bungie Studios announced novels for the Halo series of video games. Many people were apprehensive while others were overjoyed. The books turned out to be awesome, and I certainly hope that these book will, too.

I like the look of Aelita and Jeremie without their IMAX screen foreheads. It makes them look more human. And as for the Italian title, perhaps they will be written in French (and/or English) but have a foreign language title. Many works of literature do this. Like... um... Ex Libris Lyoko for example.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby lyoko is great » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:14 pm

Cassius335 wrote:I'm more worried about UK getting them. We barely get any CL stuff over here.

Yea My bro saw some CL figures but by the time i got there they had sold out. :no:
lyoko is great offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:06 am

lyoko is great wrote:

Yea My bro saw some CL figures but by the time i got there they had sold out. :no:

Wait...what? Where did he see them?
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:59 am

Cassius335 wrote:
lyoko is great wrote:

Wait...what? Where did he see them?

If I'm not mistaken, they used to do a series of Code Lyoko toys in Subway...
I've also seen CL toys scattered across the internet.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby TB3 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:17 am

lyoko is great wrote:

Matt Geczy once brought a little Odd figurine for a young relative, and was playing around with it when THE LEG BROKE OFF!

Just imagine that for a second - Odd's VA, playing with a little Odd, probably add-libbing dialogue, and the leg comes off!
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Carth » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:51 am

TB3 wrote:
lyoko is great wrote:

Matt Geczy once brought a little Odd figurine for a young relative, and was playing around with it when THE LEG BROKE OFF!

Just imagine that for a second - Odd's VA, playing with a little Odd, probably add-libbing dialogue, and the leg comes off!

"Do de do de do, hey, everyone! I'm Odd Della Robbia, and do I just looooove Aelita Stones! I don't really care what Jeremie thinks, I'm gonna-...huh. ...AAAAUUGH! MY LEG! OH MY LEG, IT CAME COMPLETELY OFF! WHYYYYYYY!"

I guess Odd shouldn't mess with karma. (Please don't kill me...o.o) All joking aside, six more months till book tiem asdfghjkl.
Last edited by Carth on Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carth offline

Postby Taelia » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:46 am

"Do de do de do, hey, everyone! I'm Odd Della Robbia, and do I just looooove Aelita Stones! I don't really care what Jeremie thinks, I'm gonna-...huh. ...AAAAUUGH! MY LEG! OH MY LEG, IT CAME COMPLETELY OFF! WHYYYYYYY!"

XD

Matt should be a comedian. He and David would make a good comedic duo.
Last edited by Taelia on Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext