Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:34 pm

CL Novels: Now being Fanslated

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby TB3 » Mon May 04, 2009 3:48 pm

Planet Cool wrote:I think it's time to consider the possibility that these things are never coming overseas.

That's a very premature opinion - Atlantyca's email stated that they'd be attending the London Book Fair late last month to sell the English translation rights - keep the faith! :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Wed May 06, 2009 7:22 pm

And unless things go for the better, Lyoko Decoded part 2 is a no-go. ;__;
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Fri May 08, 2009 4:37 am

Taelia wrote:And unless things go for the better, Lyoko Decoded part 2 is a no-go. ;__;

Angie, this isn't the thread for this
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Fri May 08, 2009 8:21 pm

Okay, I'm sorry. I'm just a little depressed at the moment.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheAppleFreak » Fri May 08, 2009 10:28 pm

Well, not everything is lost; they wouldn't keep the rights to the books to themselves, would they? It doesn't make sense from a business standpoint.

And Angie, I know that you seriously want LD part 2, but I'm sure that TB3 is busy in his own affairs.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Taelia » Sun May 10, 2009 10:34 pm

Thanks for telling me. :)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:58 pm

Just a quick update - I've re-emailed Atlantyca regarding the English and French rights, and we'll see what happens :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:31 am

Just so you know, many years ago when I was a child, there were Sonic the Hedgehog novels.[/i]
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:48 am

Yes Taelia, I remember reading some :)

Right, I got an email response from Atlantyca;

We are very happy about your enthusiasm. We are dealing with some French and English publishers but these things take time. We hope to see Code Lyoko published in these countries as much as you do. With best wishes

A very perfunctory message, but it seems sincere enough - don't give up yet guys! :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby . » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:54 pm

I'd be shocked if anything Code Lyoko wise got released over her. The show seemingly died with very little fanfare.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko Wario » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:43 pm

Well, they're talking to the English translation people, and if it gets released in England, it'll likely get released here, too. If not, though, all web-savvy types like us have to do is get on the Internet and import a copy from overseas. If it doesn't get an English translation at all, we can still do it, but obv. it will present a clear problem to those of us not fluent in either French or Italian (I can still get the Spanish translation, if there is one, though). In any case, I think there's still hope. There are trying to get a translation. That alone tells us there's no reason to kill ourselves just yet.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Lyoko Wario » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:41 pm

Sorry about the double post, but does anyone have any more news on this?
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Related...

Postby Hyreia77 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:19 am

I have NO new information to give, but I do have some links to make the wait harder:

I haven't checked if they ship overseas, but you can apparently buy the novel in Italian here:
http://www.anobii.com/books/Code_Lyoko. ... 83/#detail

I'm considering buying it...
(Slight edit: Okay, if you sign up they direct to the website that sells it. Close enough.)

And the other link is to some older slideshow Taffy Entertainment apparently used to discuss their future... it looks like it was made in 2008.
Some kind of "distribution presentation". It mentions the books around page 20, then it goes into the Code Lyoko Reloaded topic
shortly after that. I don't know how common knowledge this is because this is the first time I've heard about it, but... well,
I'll go ahead and spoil the link: apparently they're working on an MMORPG. "They" being CJ Internet from Korea.
http://taffyentertainment.com/img/distr ... 201008.pdf

There's not a whole lot to the slide... also, if you read on past that they discuss more interesting ideas... one is particularly "WOW" but it seems
at that time to just be in the "hey, what if" stage. I won't spoil that one. Someone else can explain what I'm talking about. : )

Hyreia77 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Tekirai » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:28 am

*reads a certain slide near the end*

no

no

no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

No amount of 'advanced scriptwriting' would make this sound any better. At all.

...apart from that, everything else actually sounds pretty cool. Especially all of this talk about e-strategies to fix the official website and stuff. An MMORPG would be a good idea if they were considering to revive the show itself, since it might be able to build up the hype a bit as it said. Or vice versa. I might actually play this one if it comes through... or at least mean to play it like I keep saying with Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine. -.-

I think the books have potential to be pretty interesting at this rate, going by the titles. The Army of Nothing? :o

On a random note, I like the picture of Yumi they use in one of the slides; unfortunately I have to describe it as 'the one where her leg is disintegrating'- hey, didn't this happen to William once? lololol

...actually, after reading this, I feel like rewatching CL. My excitement for the series has been reignited after reading that and realising how successful CL was despite my misgivings for the later seasons. For the start of the summer, I've been feeling quite bored anyway. :( And in the mood for nostalgia.
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Lyoko Wario » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:55 pm

I think that recent announcement from a while back (the one where it talked about the MMORPG and "sitcom") mentioned something about English-translation of the novels, or something anglophobe-related (I assume that word means "English-speaking person" and not what it sounds like it means). So I'm keeping my hopes up. I doubt we've seen the end of CL, given all this new info that seems to be coming in at a faster rate than normal. Let's keep the faith, keep the fan community active, and wait for happy times to return again.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Asantewaalrus » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:13 pm

I FOUND IT!

WATCH THE TRAILER, WATCH IT.
Man, without that trailer I wouldn't be here. -sniffles-
DD ;
WATCH IT, NOAW.

Video Description wrote:Four boys discover a secret passage that leads them through the maze of an old underground disused factory. There, hidden and protected by security systems that seem abandoned for years, find a military supercomputer that should not be reactivated. And the portal for access to Lyoko, a parallel digital world inhabited by Xana, a bad electronic intelligence. But X.A.N.A. no one and only enemy that Jeremy and his friends must face: unorganizzazione military, in fact, wants to use the supercomputer to monitor the real world.
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Carth » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:36 pm

TRAILER IS PRETTY but unfortunately doesn't have anything new in it. Baaaaw.

Which reminds me, isn't the second book due to come out in Italy this month? :3
Carth offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:41 pm

I don't know...
But seeing Jeremy's forehead in normal proportions to the rest of the human race... and animated, too...

XANA wrote:THAT'S NOT LOGICAAAAAAAAAAAAL!
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby Asantewaalrus » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:44 pm

I wouldn't know, I'm still waiting for the first one to finally get translated. D:<

Speaking of which, has anyone found out what it's about yet? Or... heck, anything related to it, ha-ha.
From what I read around, I think it's going to take a different approach with the series, true?

Squee~! Code: Lyoko as a novel, it's my two loves mushed into one.
The day it hits America I'm probably going to nerd my way to the nearest book store.

@ Apple-darling

XDD!
I know, it sort of looks out of place. D:<
Just when I was starting to let the huge foreheads grow on me, too.
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Oran » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:18 pm

Yeah, I guess it is taking a different approach. I mean, if the cover says anything, it looks like Jeremie and Aelita discover the supercomputer and the foreheads are normal. Which means a parallel Code Lyoko universe??

And the video description says "[F]our boys". Wait, what? I thought there are 3 boys in the gang: Jeremie, Ulrich, and Odd. Is Kiwi the 4th boy or what? :umm:

Oran offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Carth » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:30 pm

Oran wrote:Yeah, I guess it is taking a different approach. I mean, if the cover says anything, it looks like Jeremie and Aelita discover the supercomputer and the foreheads are normal. Which means a parallel Code Lyoko universe??

And the video description says "[F]our boys". Wait, what? I thought there are 3 boys in the gang: Jeremie, Ulrich, and Odd. Is Kiwi the 4th boy or what? :umm:

Might just be a translation error. You know those Italians.

I poked around the Atlantyca website. No info yet on this next book, but I do see that in the CL publishing content area, they still say those three movies from back on yonder are still slated for production.
Carth offline

Postby Asantewaalrus » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:42 pm

Man, now I'm starting to think CL is getting too much action. A novel? A potential fifth season and potential movies? Hell, a potential sitcom?

I mean, seriously, that's sort of milkin' it 'til it's dry, man.

I'm a bit worried now, I have yet to see a dried out series turn out... good.
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:50 pm

idkmybffasantewaa wrote:Man, now I'm starting to think CL is getting too much action. A novel? A potential fifth season and potential movies? Hell, a potential sitcom?

I mean, seriously, that's sort of milkin' it 'til it's dry, man.

I'm a bit worried now, I have yet to see a dried out series turn out... good.

I believe that CL is still good, it's just that there's been so much of an absense of it over the airwaves that it seems dry. I guess if anything, they'll air at the very least a 5-minute part of the first ep of the hypothetical S5 a refresher so people aren't left completely in the void here if it ever does reair. And, if people express enough interest, maybe they'll air the original series.
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby Lyoko Wario » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:45 pm

Carth wrote:
Oran wrote:Yeah, I guess it is taking a different approach. I mean, if the cover says anything, it looks like Jeremie and Aelita discover the supercomputer and the foreheads are normal. Which means a parallel Code Lyoko universe??

Might just be a translation error. You know those Italians.

Actually, in Spanish, plural for "children" is identical to plural for "boys". The confusion problem must come from the fact that both languages are so closely related (and equally separate from English).

And it's good to see that trailer, but I'm still bummed out over the lack of news regarding these novels over here in the States.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TB3 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:23 am

Am I the only one who thinks that, drawn in that manner, Jeremie looks like Macaulay Culkin? lol

Its nice to see the trailer, just maddening that we're still waiting on Atlantyca for confirmation of an English or French release; ah well, good things come to those who wait :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext