Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:13 am

It's freaking here!!!!

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:44 pm

Okay, SPOILER ALERT, as this is a near full summary:

"New Order" (*theme song plays*...^^; Sorry...)

The episode begins with Ulrich and Odd (as well as Yumi and Aelita), testing out the new Lyoko vehicles that Jeremie has created for them. Odd's is an OverBoard (like a hoverboard), and Ulrich's is an OverBike, which resembles a motorbike. Odd has challenged Ulrich to a race of sorts and the two tear it up across the Desert Region. After an exceedingly cool race scene (which we have a vid of if you want to see it), Odd wins, but tries to make a jump over a rock and wipes out. Yumi and Aelita arrive on an OverWing (a sort of scooter), and Ulrich gets a good laugh out of Odd's wipeout. Suddenly they are confronted with a new XANA monster, a four-legged spider-like monster (which Odd eventually names "Tarantula" ) and a battle begins. Jeremie advises Aelita to head for a tower and meet him while the others hold off the monster. Team Lyoko is devirtualized but Aelita makes it to the tower safely and Jeremie materializes her to Earth.

Back on Earth, the group discusses XANA's progress (the new monster and such), and Aelita says afterwards that she should probably head back to Lyoko. However, the group stops her. Jeremie surprises her saying that while he was searching for an anti-virus and creating the Lyoko vehicles, he also developed a new advanced scanning program to scan for activated towers. This one will let him know the moment XANA even activates a tower. That means Aelita can stay here on Earth more. And, double surprise! They've already enrolled her at Kadic as a boarding student (this time as Odd's cousin Aelita Stones, from Canada, lol). That same day, Jim shows Aelita to her new boarding room (it's pink! ), and advises her to follow the rules at Kadic: "Misters Belpois, Stern and Della Robbia can tell you all about them...that is if they can remember them at all!" (I loved the looks the three boys shot Aelita after that one. XD ).

Later in the day, the 8th and 9th grade (they cleared everything up in this episode school-wise) are pairing off for their BioDiversity projects. Jeremie and Aelita have been paired together, while Odd will be working with Ulrich. Ulrich, speak of which, is under the arcades waiting for Yumi. Apparently he has something important to tell her, and he's working out the way he can start saying it ( ^_^ ). As he's rehearsing, Yumi, of course, appears behind him. She introduces him to her project partner, William. Needless to say, the two boys do not become fast friends. Yumi leaves with William to work on the project, but not before asking Ulrich what he was going to tell her. Ulrich quickly tells her not to mind it. Ulrich asks Odd who William is, and Odd gives the following explanation: "That's William. He's the new guy. He got kicked out of his last school. He's cool!" ^^;

Meanwhile, Jeremie and Aelita have started their search for forest specimens to study. Aelita asks about their being monsters in the forest, while Jeremie explains that that's only in fairy tales and horror movies. A short conversation about Jeremie's dislike of horror movies follows until Jeremie realizes he forgot his laptop. He tells Aelita he'll be right back, and that he'll catch up with her in a moment. Aelita continues on to search for some good forest wildlife.

Scene change to how Ulrich and Odd are faring...the former in turn spying to see how Yumi and William are faring. Odd tells Ulrich not to worry about Yumi and William. Aren't they already together anyway? Ulrich stutters out an "It's not that simple" explanation and goes back to spying. Yumi and William are talking together. William's telling her a little more about himself, along with why he got kicked out of school (something about love letters, and a later conversation about love itself occurs, William's views of which are a tad worrisome. "All or nothing." ).

Meanwhile Aelita has been having flashes of strange memories coming to her. One includes a wolf with amber glowing eyes. So real do these visions seem that Aelita becomes frightened that a wolf is actually after her and takes shelter in an old abandoned mansion near Kadic.

During this time, Jeremie has recovered his laptop but discovers that his computer has detected an activated XANA tower. He notifies his friends, while heading for the factory, and tells them to meet Aelita in the forest and head for the Factory together. Aelita in the meantime, has been exploring the mansion, unaware that XANA has control of the house and has been watching her every move. Aelita stops in one of the rooms and has a flash of a memory of a man in a scientist's outfit playing the piano. As she comes out of this vision, XANA takes his opportunity to attack her, swirling towards her.

Ulrich, Odd, and Yumi can't find Aelita anywhere so Odd sends Kiwi to pick up her scent and find her. Kiwi leads them to the mansion, and the three head inside, unaware that XANA is now watching them as well. XANA holds control over the house and he locks the door behind them and launches cutlery and some assorted heavy objects at the group, seeming to be trying to lead them through the house. They luckily find Aelita unconscious on the ground, and she wakes just in time to tell them that this house is one huge trap. The door to the room they're in goes to shut but Odd manages to hold it open in time for Aelita to escape with him. However Yumi and Ulrich are still trapped inside, and XANA proceeds to mess with the mansion's heating system, quickly turning the room into the near equivalent of an oven.

Aelita, with the help of another vision, directs Odd to a new passageway in within the mansion's grounds that will take them to the sewers and so on to the factory. They arrive at the factory and Jeremie virtualizes them. Two tarantulas are guarding the tower. With a helpful distraction from Aelita and the new Lyoko vehicles, Odd takes out one of the monsters and tells Aelita to run for the tower. During this whole time, Ulrich and Yumi have been trying to keep cool, both of them resorting to removing their shirts, and agreeing to sit back to back so as to avoid actually looking at each other. Ulrich questions Yumi about William, and she apologizes saying she should have introduced the two of them sooner. Ulrich asks exactly what Yumi's feelings are towards William. Yumi responds that he's just a friend, before the two of them completely lose consciousness due to the oppressive heat.

Aelita makes it to the tower and deactivates it, initializing the RTTP. ("Return to the past, now!" How I missed that... ;) ). Now at a time earlier that day, the groups hand in their BioDiversity projects. Jeremie explains to Odd, Ulrich and Aelita that he took another look at that mansion they found and couldn't find anymore traces of XANA. It's just a regular old house now. Jeremie then gathers the group together to surprise Aelita with one more gift. Her own mobile (and it's also pink!!! ), so that they can keep in touch more easily. The episode ends with Aelita hugging Jeremie for the gift and the group laughing together. END

I hope you find this sum-up helpful. Granted it doesn't do the episode itself any particular justice, visual-wise, but that is the plot more or less. I hope you can catch the episode tomorrow! :)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:06 pm

Now that's something good to hear. Tood bad Yumi just told him that William's "just a friend"... thanks for the review, Mew! *hugs*

Odd wrote:That's William. He's the new guy. He got kicked out of his last school. He's cool!

Odd-ish!! XD
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:54 pm

TheBloodyOneIsMe wrote:Now that's something good to hear. Tood bad Yumi just told him that William's "just a friend"... thanks for the review, Mew! *hugs*

Odd wrote:That's William. He's the new guy. He got kicked out of his last school. He's cool!

Odd-ish!! XD

You're welcome! :)

"Odd-ish" indeed! XD That gives me the funniest idea for a picture but I think that might be a little too evil for me to draw. ^^;

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:56 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
TheBloodyOneIsMe wrote:Now that's something good to hear. Tood bad Yumi just told him that William's "just a friend"... thanks for the review, Mew! *hugs*

Odd-ish!! XD

You're welcome! :)

"Odd-ish" indeed! XD That gives me the funniest idea for a picture but I think that might be a little too evil for me to draw. ^^;

How evil can it be to merge Odd with the Pokémon Oddish? Am I right about your thought, Mew?
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Little Vili » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:12 am

Lmao...oddish! Wow, I havent seen pokemon in ages. That show was awesome back in the day. (ok continue on)
See all the action at Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo
< Avatar compliments of Linii-chan
Why you dont deserve Aelita.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:39 am

TheBloodyOneIsMe wrote:How evil can it be to merge Odd with the Pokémon Oddish? Am I right about your thought, Mew?

Don't be daft.

Meowth, surely.

Where DO you really live, btw? Country, that is...
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby OB-waN » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:05 am

Wow, somebody was paying close to the show...I didn't see half of that stuff. I was a mix. Like SB, I too was very numb to it, playing it off like it was nothing....but I also was sitting there letting the Mississippi river flow out my mouth!!!!

I was just goo-goo over the clean CGI animation and the storyline....so, thanks Mew for that in depth look, and for starting a episode guide here at LF (?)
This user has been banned.

OB-waN offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Location: In some galaxy, fighting with my Ominwrench 8000!!!

Postby MY85 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:16 pm

Cassius335 wrote:
TheBloodyOneIsMe wrote:How evil can it be to merge Odd with the Pokémon Oddish? Am I right about your thought, Mew?

Don't be daft.

Meowth, surely.

Where DO you really live, btw? Country, that is...

Meowth, heck no...

I live at my apartment. That's where I really live.
MY85 offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:33 pm

XD...you're sure you're not clairvoyant? ;) I was thinking of drawing something along those lines, but I don't have the heart too. Poor Odd... ^^;

OBoy #1 wrote:Wow, somebody was paying close to the show...I didn't see half of that stuff. I was a mix. Like SB, I too was very numb to it, playing it off like it was nothing....but I also was sitting there letting the Mississippi river flow out my mouth!!!!

I was just goo-goo over the clean CGI animation and the storyline....so, thanks Mew for that in depth look, and for starting a episode guide here at LF (?)

Oh same here! I was going crazy over every detail and scene. And the lines; I love the dialogue!!! :D

Truth be told, I had a little help from LyokoCode's episode sum-up to make sure I hit the important parts of the plot. Other things I remembered either because they'd made an impression on me, or were totally unforgettable for me, or because I just plain liked them. XD But you're most welcome! :) I actually already have one written up for "Unchartered Territory" on another thread, so if someone needs a sum-up for it, I'll be able to re-post it, with additions that I remember from the episode. :) Either way though, you're welcome! And thanks for the compliments! ^_^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby OB-waN » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:51 pm

No problem Mrs. Mew, just calling it like I see it. The same ol' OBoy charm that I have been using for years....... :*D
This user has been banned.

OB-waN offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Location: In some galaxy, fighting with my Ominwrench 8000!!!

Postby HvonM » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:30 pm

Thanks for doing that episode summary! Hopefully I'll catch today's episode. My schedule is not conducive for pre-planned tv watching.
HvonM offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Little Vili » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:16 pm

what the ell are we talking about?
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:49 pm

OBoy #1 wrote:No problem Mrs. Mew, just calling it like I see it. The same ol' OBoy charm that I have been using for years....... :*D

"Mrs. Mew"... *giggles* ^_^ I have a new CL title now! :D

HvonM wrote:Thanks for doing that episode summary! Hopefully I'll catch today's episode. My schedule is not conducive for pre-planned tv watching.

You're welcome! If you need any other favors, just ask! I'll be happy to help you out with anything season 2 related. :)

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Stephen (x1) » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:35 pm

New Order reairs September 28 @ 7:30 PM EST.
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Xx te*rs r*n c*ld xX » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:55 pm

haha i had a feeling this forum would be freaking out because of season 2 (which totally rocks by the way)
-Hayley

tears run cold
but i still hold onto
the feeling you'll come back to me
deep within my soul
but don't take too long
cause i've faced too many sleepless nights
waiting for you to come back home
my tears run cold
Xx te*rs r*n c*ld xX offline

Postby Little Vili » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:01 pm

we're not really freaking out...more or less...life has just been restored to it (or...the proper life, I should say. filled with talk about CL instead of random junk all over).
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Previous