Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:39 am

How long did it take you to start liking CL

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Lyoko SA80 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:27 am

:*D Everything about it LOL I can't remember how it all begin I think I was in year S3 at high school .I was goin thought some hard times with exams and bullys plus the fact my paranet were about to give up on each orther.But Cl got me though that .I'll never abonded the lyoko warroirs. Plus you guys/lassie are like my family

Fighting for a world without danger

SAFEDGUARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lyoko SA80 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby ninja_ulrich » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:48 am

It took me the first 3 or so episodes before i liked it. I remeber seeing the intro for the first time on tv. Yumi and Jeremy looked so silly in the season 1 intro it scared me. But over the first season i was drawn into watching every morning. Now i love code lyoko
I'm on the beach with some Krabes
ninja_ulrich offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby ODDCHEEZY » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:57 am

I didn't really like it, but I saw that my lil' bro hated the thought of it and I quote, "I'd rather watch the grass grow!". I lied and said that I was interested and liked it just because I wanted to be different. I watch the First Episode and was hooked. What's funny though is that I have the DS game and he's constantly stealing it. :*D Got to love the lil' squirt. :D
Chuck E. exploits pictures of children having seizures in front of other kids...O_o Go Matt Langston!

ODDCHEEZY offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby yumi_shinoda » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:35 am

I start to like CL cos I was fascinated by the the music and Ulrich's cute face,ohh he's making me soft.......
I LOVE HAMSTERS!
yumi_shinoda offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Vodka's Vengeance » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:57 am

I saw it when it first came out. I was 15 at the time, and I didn't like it at first because I thought their heads were too big, and the stroyline sucked. But then I saw my favorite character (Odd) and I started watching it more and more until I got hooked.
Last edited by Vodka's Vengeance on Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hey Rambo, throw me a shotgun!

Vodka's Vengeance offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby SilverPrince » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:07 pm

Hmmm. As I recall, when I first saw "Code: Lyoko" on the TV guide, I ignored it. It didn't really interest me. But one day, there was nothing to watch, so I decided to take a look. I can't remember the episode, but I remember liking it. I didn't start regularly watching it until later, though, mid-season 1. By the season finale, I was thoroughly hooked. By then I was obsessed. I ate up season 2, I just loved it. (Wow. It seems like just yesterday that it was new.) By season 3 I wasn't obsessed, but I still really loved the show. Season 4, I loved the show still but I had other things, too... so I sorta stopped watching after episode 84.

Then somehow I got dragged back to this place again... but that's OK. And I still love Code Lyoko. I was probably 12-ish when it first started, and I'll be turning 16 in a few months. *sniffle, wipes a tear* Time flies...

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:50 pm

I think I'm noticing a pattern with some people. Hooked by Season 1, ate up Season 2, 'meh' over Season 3, never finished Season 4. Ahahaha.

It's kinda the same way for me, too. Except I actually did finish S4.
Carth offline

Postby Lyoko Wario » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:23 pm

I used to hate CL.

Relax! It does get better.

I didn't like it for the entire first season. I thought it was weird. Then one day, during that "Wheel of Guz" thing they used to do on CN, I caught one of the episodes. It was the one where Yumi and Sissi are jealous over Ulrich, and then at one point he says to Yumi, "Tell me what I really mean to you" or something like that. I forget the name. Anyhoo, I was surprised at how good the show was, but I still didn't watch regularly until the second season, when I really became obsessive about the show and fell in love with it.

Right now, there's only one episode aired here that I've missed.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby ODDCHEEZY » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:24 pm

Carth wrote:I think I'm noticing a pattern with some people. Hooked by Season 1, ate up Season 2, 'meh' over Season 3, never finished Season 4. Ahahaha.

It's kinda the same way for me, too. Except I actually did finish S4.

I missed most of seasons 3 and 4 Marching band/color guard practice... ;__; the bad thing is they don't have much on youtube and cartoon network only plays certain episodes.
Chuck E. exploits pictures of children having seizures in front of other kids...O_o Go Matt Langston!

ODDCHEEZY offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Lyokosui » Fri May 02, 2008 4:23 am

It took me about a year. From since I watched my first episode to watching it regularly. Season 2 was just starting and that added to it.
Fictional Conversation after the Episode "Routine:

Ulrich - "You couldn't wait, could you?"
Jeremy - "What are you talking about?"
*Ulrich grabs and lifts Jeremy by his collar.
Ulrich - "I was this close to tasting her porcelain lips. We weren't in any danger, but noooo! You had to return to the past anyway!"
*Jeremy sniffles as Aelita appears on screen and rolls her eyes
Aelita - Ulrich, put him down.

Lyokosui offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Rho » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:54 pm

I don't recall seeing promos for it on CN much, but whenever I did, I thought it was an American cartoon (unlike many who think its anime)

When I'd see it in ads in Nintendo Power or at Carls Jr when they had that promo, I thought it looked weird. Then a friend at the time introduced me to an awesome song, and at the time I had a major interest in Kingdom Hearts, and I looked it up on Youtube with the keywords kingdom hearts along with the song title, and the only result was one that was a KH/CL music video, and the clips of CL really interested me, so I looked up some episodes and got especially interested.

Yeppp.

I was kind of surprised when I found out it was French.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby HiddenWatcher » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:18 pm

Season One only half-impressed me. Then Season 2 got better and I watched it on and off. Then, years later, I was lured back by the memory of a single line. I found some Code Lyoko fan fiction, and it was actually good enough that I took the time to find the episodes on the Internet and watch the whole show through again. And then I did it again. And for the third time.

While it may not be the best show out there, it is genuinely worth watching and shows off some amazing characterization.
HiddenWatcher offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby SearchingLyoko » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:35 pm

Okay... I also plan to post a slew of stuff (and read this) later... but I have no time now.

Until tomorrow... when I do...

I will tell you this:

One afternoon last August (2 years after CL went off the air here) I found an image of CL on the internet. I decided I should watch at least one episode so I could fully appreciate the image.

That night I was hooked.

Now... 2 months later... if you could see all I've been doing... all I have planned... you would gape in awe.

TO BE CONTINUED
SearchingLyoko Delenda Est.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby oddlauren » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:56 am

The first one I saw was log book, but I didn't get hooked on it. The next one I saw was ghost channel, that's the one that got me hooked. It was so creepy but cool. Who was this girl talking on the computer to the guy? why were the people acting weird in the new world? why is it dangerous for Jeremie to go there? and I thought about log book, xana must be a bad guy or person. why else would the friends freak out about that guy (Ulrich) wrote about xana?

so I started watching it and got hooked. I either tivo'd it or made sure to catch it live. And I was disappointed when it stopped showing. Sucks they didn't play all of season 4 here.

I also didn't think S1 was that great. I felt like Aelita needed more lines.
oddlauren offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby msaadn » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:58 pm

I had Only watched the Ending Theme. The CL tune impressed me. Thats where it all began, the next day I was ready in front of the TV to watch the Show. I watched the Arabic version, so the Ending theme was basically the opening tune with other vid clips of the show.
[b][color=blue]ŃÅ
msaadn offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby SearchingLyoko » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:57 pm

I liked S1 for it's content... Very good with development of character profile and such... plus... it's CL for goodness sakes.

But... the last 2 episodes of S1 were definately the best... that part when Jeremy walked Aelita home... pure on-screen magic at least.

The background music is very in the mood of the show.

I'm going to top all of you here.

I'm going to tell you approximately the EXACT TIME I discovered Code Lyoko for real.

And that time was August 6, 2009 at 10:24 pm Eastern Standard Time.

And the rest.... is history.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Dark William » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:10 pm

First of all, I really didn't knew that this thread already existed :(

Anyway, Well first thing, I thought umm okay good series.
Then I forgot it, (Like many other anime/cartoons)
SO I haven't seen much about the previous seasons, then I saw. the opening from S4
I saw a guy in black, looking awesome. Then I asked and started to search. I found out that it was William, and Remembered that I had seen him before.
And since this summer, ive watched the series twice.

Dark William offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Sithking Zero » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:09 pm

I liked it about two months before Season Two came out. I haven't seen all of S1 yet, actually, which is kinda sad for me.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby SilverPrince » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:53 pm

Hmmm. I don't recall exactly; it was quite a while ago.

My God. It just dawned on me. It's been 5 years. 4 years? I dunno. Either way, it's been hella long. Wow.

Anyway, my memory is pretty foggy, but I don't think it took me too long to start liking it. I probably liked it right at first. But it wasn't until closer to the end of the 1st season that I remembered to watch it regularly.

Man. It's been so long since CL's even been on TV. I'm thinking back to the time when I was looking at previews for the 2nd season that showed glimpses of Sector 5 and being all excited. I'm all just.... wow.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby SearchingLyoko » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:06 pm

Well... dont' stop liking it or anything!

There is still so much to do!

My schedual should be... kind of back to normal next week... so the second I get accepted into BKO... I'm going to be really, really active in this community.

And sithking... I suggest you order the S1 Dvd online (amazon)... Season 1 episodes may not have been the great when it comes to the grand plot... but they are awesome! It's a different experiance from the rest of the seasons, I'll say that... not too different... but still a bit different.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Dark William » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:01 am

I haven't seen S1, either
You could also look at megavideo or YT

Dark William offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby jym1 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:56 am

I had flipped passed CL a few times hen it was airing season 1, but I didn't like it because it was all the same. Every epiosde was XANA attack, battle in Lyoko, shut off the tower, RTTP now, the end. But when I saw the first or second episode of season 2, with the Hermatige I was so hooked! and later that week I joined the CL.com forums...and the rest is history
jym1 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby SearchingLyoko » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:44 pm

Season One... was a teeny bit repetitive.. but it was still awesome all the same! I was hooked on it.

It's those little tiny differences that make the S1 episodes great... a funny joke here, a moment of suspense here... that one blush when Yumi tackles Ulrich to the ground... So touching...

Those are priceless moments!

The last 2 episodes of Season 1 were two of the best.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Dark William » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:22 am

Well, wandering what time it came then Xana
anyway, Last summer, this year
S4 came twice, from off MMonday till Saturday :D
Of course me happy. ever since this summer, I became a real fan of it. Cause i haven't seen the other seasons haha

Dark William offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Rho » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:08 am

..And CN passes ANOTHER chance to air Code Lyoko.
Come on. Would it kill them to air "Attack of the Zombies" and/or "Is Anybody Out There?"? It'd sure beat airings of Goosebumps and Othersiders. And in February, I'm doubting they'll air "St. Valentine's Day"

You know what? CN should just give the show up. They clearly don't care about it.
Have Nickelodeon get it or something. They might actually treat it with respect.
Besides, it'd help diversify their schedule from 100 airings of Spongebob and iCarly.
iCarly's great and some Spongebob is alright, but they need to tone down the airings.

And I mean regular Nick, not Nicktoons. It got good ratings on CN, so it might get even better ones on Nick. I just hope Moonscoop says "Hey, CN. Air our show or we'll take the rights away from you."

Disney.. Nah. It'd be out of place on Disney Channel and Disney XD would probably rarely air network premieres.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

PreviousNext