Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:47 am

How long did it take you to start liking CL

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

How long did it take you to start liking CL

Postby weezlcheez » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:10 pm

I hated CL when I first saw it. I used to get home every day just as the show was starting on Cartoon Network. I would turn the tube on for some background noise. All I ever seemed to see was the fights on Lyoko. I couldn't figure out how they could base an entire show on that.

About a year later I was at home alone watching television and eating sugary breakfast cereal straight out of the box when Cartoon Network aired a CL marathon. Being too lazy to even change the channel I watched an episode from start to finish, then another, then another. I was hooked. I haven't missed an episode since.

weezlcheez offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Jeremified » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:27 pm

I pretty much liked the idea of Code Lyoko from the first time I saw it. Once I finally got the time it was on each day, I watched it on a daily basis on Miguzi. Eventually I got the idea to google it, and voila, I turned up here. It was probably about a month from the start to the finish of that story.
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:36 pm

At first, I thought it was some stupid DragonBall episode running around beating people up with their little gnome friends.

Because I saw Odd and Aelita in Lyoko... hehe!

I believe the episode was Holiday in the fog...

And then I grew to become obsessed with it. Now I'm just moderately obsessed.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby timekitten » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:07 am

Well, I liked it since it first premiered, though I started hating it after CN stopped airing the reruns (mainly asked myself 'Why did I like that show again?'). S2 caught me once more and reminded me why I loved the show. S3 brought me into total obsession. XD
ImageImage
timekitten offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Sithking Zero » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:14 am

I'd always seen the same four or five episodes, so I was kinda ticked at the show. It was either the poison gas one, or one of the other S1 ones. And it was always the exact same one...

so I guess that once I saw some of hte other episodes, I started to like it. But Code: Earth and A False Start are what REALLY hooked me onto the show.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby adrimarie » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:29 am

I'm still a noob-ish fan if you know what I mean. ^^;

I only became a CL fan late of last year (and this was because I was unemployed for 2 months) and just happened to see some of the S3 episodes... I think the first episode I saw there was "The Pretender", but of course, I didn't understand a thing there. So I hopped over to YouTube and actually watched the entire S1 and S2, as well as the other S3 eps that I missed, and that's when I was officially hooked.

I've done a lot of research stuff about CL from going to other existing fansites, forums, and even some Wiki sites and I thought I was updated quickly with the latest news regarding the series. I was even glad that I was able to start watching S4 along with majority of the people in the communities.

So yeah, that's it for me then. :)
adrimarie offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Carth » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:22 am

My CL discovery was a bit fragmented. I saw an ad for it in a magazine when Miguizi (remember them?) was brand-new, was like, oooo, pretty animation, and then promptly forgot about it. I saw it again later (I think the episode was Frontier) thought, whatever, and then forgot about it again.

Then, finally, I saw parts of Teddygozilla. To be honest, the first part I flipped to was the Sissi bedroom scene. Yes. I actually thought she was Yumi at first, cause I was like, "um, is that the chick with the black hair? no, she wore black..." I looked it up online, and then caught it regularly afterwards. The end.
Carth offline

Postby mitchmcmichael » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:47 am

It took me a few months.

At first I thought it looked stupid then one day I had nothing to do so I watched it and liked it.
mitchmcmichael offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby sylentnyte » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:52 pm

Heh, Code Lyoko used scare tactics to make me like it. XD

I found out about Code lyoko during a Halloween special on CN. At first the animation kind of put me off, but nothing else was on that day. The opening credits rolled and the title 'Ghost Channel' appeared. I watched it from beginning to end and it seriously freaked out, but at the same time, I got so curious about this 'Xana' they kept talking about. So I kept watching the show and became a fan ever since.
sylentnyte offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Andy Waltfeld » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:55 pm

I'd have to say CL didn't really click for me until I saw the end of Season 1. After "Code: Earth/False Start," I was begging to know how Aelita being in the real world would affect things.

And then Season 2 came and all was well. Until S3. And S4.
My SN is spelled Feld, not Field. Keep getting it right, Carth.
I has opinions. On things.

Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN: Because if you're gonna ninja while wearing orange, you may as well quit taking the rest of it seriously.
Andy Waltfeld offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Malkmusian » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:25 pm

Really, I didn't like Code: Lyoko until Season 2, when Aelita was shown more often as a human.

Does it sync with any album that's 5-star to 4-star on AMG?
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby ginolyoko12 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:41 pm

I was at my cousins place (Who is an AMV maker by the name of Lyoko11)
She was like 8 and I was 11.

So when I came over to her house and it was the debut date of"Ghost Channel" and it was the beginning, Odd was onscreen and I'm like "Hey, is that a new Dragon Ball Z? Is that Gohan's son?"
(I was a big fan of DBZ)

She was all like. "No! It's this new show called Code Lyoko. I've been watching it for about a month ever since this alieny thingy started"
(Referring to Miguzi)

So then I sit next to her and watch the episode with her.

At the end, I was like. Oh my god. This beats anything I've watched.

So...yeah...It's only taken me one episode.
My real name is Johnathan Ulrich Gino Dela-Cruz
But call me Gino for short :D
I'm 17!
ginolyoko12 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Kamekai » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:05 pm

So, (what, 3 or so years ago?) I came into the living room, and then I saw my brother watching it.. My first thought was "Whoa. Big heads." I watched a little, not enough to understand, and went into my room. Later on, I caught the second half of "Log Book." I didn't understand any of it, but I just watched it anyway, anything to get out of homework. ^^; I was like, WTF is this dude with the weird hair, and WTF is he doing to that bus? After I watched a little more, I had discovered that the "dude with the weird hair" was 'Odd,' and it was actually Xana who was controlling the bus. Next time I caught it, I watched it again, and was instantly hooked. (It's funny, because Teddygodzilla ended up being the only one I hadn't seen of S1, even though it was the first episode.) And I tried never to miss an episode since. And at both the S1 & S2 finales, I seriously was like a rock on the couch, curled up in a fetish position, eating skittles, refusing to be deterred. Season 2 of Code: Lyoko had to be the best season of a show I had ever seen, and CL is the 2nd best show I've ever seen, the first being Dragon Ball Z. Naruto is third. I one day Googled Code Lyoko, and found this site. I had an account for a while, which I ended up abandoning and gave it to a friend. About a year and a half later, I rediscovered LyokoFreak, and made a new account. And that's my story. :snoring:
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Tangent128 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:34 pm

I saw it in the "up next" listings of CN for a while; I thought Yumi was named Lyoko, since they used her face for the show's icon. Eventually, I caught the end of "Image Problem", decided it was worth investigating. I liked what I read on Wikipedia, so I tried to catch the reruns. (This was after the S2 finale aired) Somehow, I found my way to Lyoko Freak (no idea how), where I got an account to post in LTT. And I've been an regular fan since S3 began.

(I never thought the heads were weird.)
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby FènéethxAelita » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:31 am

I started liking the show almost immediately, since Miguzi came on when I got home. Over time I got more hooked as the show got better, I almost went insane with lonliness because I had dail-up until January.
"We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Borg Collective
FènéethxAelita offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Location: Chimera rally in U.K., in Tamriel, kicking daedra ***, or in Lyoko, protecting Aelita (who else?)

Postby Writing_Addict » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:55 pm

All I remember is calling my sister down and asking her to pronounce "Lyoko" :*D

I think the episode was...it was an S1 episode where Sissy sends a love note to Ulrich pretending to be Yumi? :umm:

Whatever the case, it was Sissy who got me hooked. I don't know why...but something about her attracted me so voila, here I am two years later on LF after being the dumbest noob on CL.com.
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby DeadViolet » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:28 pm

At first I HATED CL. I was like, "This is SOOOOO stupid!" The first time I really watched it was in 6th-7th grade, I was like, "Bleh".
Then, my 2 BFF's wouldn't stop talking about it, so I'm like, "FINE! I'LL WATCH IT!" Then I liked it. ^^

*I'm that one crazy girl formerly known as Misha*
DeadViolet offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:38 pm

Whatever the case, it was Sissy who got me hooked. I don't know why...but something about her attracted me so voila, here I am two years later on LF after being the dumbest noob on CL.com.

Same as TB3. :D
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Yuki_Ishiyama » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:20 am

I hated it at first because I thought it was about....something I'd REALLY not talk about >.>; When I watched it in 5th grade, I started liking it but still hated it. Then when I started 6th grade, I saw 'Lyoko Minus One' and instantly fell in love with CL O.o

The reason I think I loved it was because I was losing my insanity in 6th and I started loving weird things (I'm not calling CL weird or anything >.>)
"Ugh...now listen to me, BOTH of you. You're going to do EXACTLY what I say and NO questions. You got that?!"
"Uhm...ok."
"O...k..."
Aelita, Ulrich, and Odd from Code Lyoko; "Temporary Insanity"

Monkeys will rule this world!! :D Image
Yuki_Ishiyama offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Chosen_one » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:38 am

Well, originally I thought Code Lyoko was one of those Japanese animes with mostly girl characters, like Azumanga Daioh, except they all crowd around a laptop to play online games. It wasn't really that I didn't like it; I just didn't feel like watching it.

Then, one day, I was watching TV. Code Lyoko would be on after whatever I was watching; I'd avoided it every day until that day, but this time I decided to watch it. It was XANA's Kiss, and about two weeks later I decided to watch it again, and decided that it was awesome.
The Chosen One
Consul of the Republic of Destiny
Conqueror of the Empire of Fate
I have received 2480 replied notifications.
Click here to go to my 1337th post.
Click Here to view the longest thread in Lyoko Freak history.
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Odddellarobbia12 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:18 pm

The first episode I watched was surprisingly episode 1.it was around November 2006 and the show replaced Megaman NT warrior on the morning lineup so I decided to watch it.
Of course at the time I would watch any new show to see what it was like... and I guess the 3D kinda kept me interested long enough to find out how good it was.

By about episode 20 I was really into it and I used many GB's of my school internet limit to find out what happened after season 1
Odddellarobbia12 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Kita K. » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:19 pm

I had seen a few episodes of the first season, but not enough to interest me. I knew the bare basics, particularly the plot element of virtualizing Aelita.

So, one day, I caught the intro to Season 2 on, and saw Aelita in 2-D form, which captured my interest and I gradually started watching more.

My interest peaked at the end of Season 2, and I can honestly say I've not bothered to watch more than three or so episodes of season 3 and 4 combined.
Kita K. offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby xKrissiej92 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:28 pm

Well, it wasn't a long time ago I saw CL at first, i tought: This is lame, and their heads are big! Well anyway, at a boring day, nothing really nice was on tv, and I saw CL. I tought: Whatever, I'll just watch it. Well it was episode 22; Routine. And I really thought that Ulrich And Yumi were a really cute couple, that's kinda how I became a CL fan.

xKrissiej92 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby OddObsessed » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:45 am

Well the first epi I saw was "The Key". I was bored to death and had nothing to do. I think I'd seen a few episodes before but that was the first one I'd seen from start to finish, and once it did finish I thought 'Wow, this is a pretty good show.' But Cartoon Network never put on Season 3 or 4. (over here in Australia anyway) I wanted to know what happened and ended up watching the episodes through either YouTube or Tech Links. I've been hooked ever since that episode but I haven't seen an episode past season 2 on TV :sigh:
OddObsessed offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Colinahscopy » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:04 pm

I liked Code Lyoko when I saw the first few episodes.

I really liked Seasons 2 & 3, but never got around to see Season 4.
Colin K.
-------------------
Colinahscopy offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Next