Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:22 pm

How long did it take you to start liking CL

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby SearchingLyoko » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:44 am

Well... it would be sorta pointless to air one CL episode out of the blue from nowhere after 2 years..

But... yeah... if they ever do continue CL then it would definately be treated with more respect.

Considering it's achievements (aired in a slew of countries, one of the highest rated CN shows of all time, one of the highest in France, plus more)... I would guess that quite a few channels would jump on it.

You know what would be a great place to air them in my opinion? It's wierd but... USA Network. The serious demeanor of the show plus the depth of the plot and characters (USA is famous for that) make it suited in my opinion...

But that would never happen. USA doesn't do animation.

If they were to continue it though, I'd like maybe if they could raise the target audience age a bit... still some of that fighting for the kids, but some more of the great plot that the older viewers love.
SearchingLyoko Delenda Est.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Rho » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:15 am

..Today, CN had a special event where they aired Zombie-related programming all day.

That was the PERFECT time to air AotZ. If I can get an e-mail for CN, I'll advise them to just give up the rights. They want nothing to do with CL anymore. Nickelodeon should get it, as I said - It'll get more respect there.
Plus, It'd probably do well running alongside The Troop on Friday Nights.

We can only hope that it will happen.. Yeah, CL is aired in a HUGE amount of countries (apparently including ALL of Africa.). If they continue to spread it, CL could air in EVERY single country. Well, not Antarctica, of course.

CL is indeed one of the most successful French shows of all time. Oggy and the Cockroaches is debatable.

Target age? A little higher, sure. Maybe a little FreshTV-esque swearing (meaning no major swear words), which apparently has happened in the French version.

I also think it sucks how Canada has gotten screwed over on the English dub of CL - to my knowledge, they just got S1 on YTV.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SearchingLyoko » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:32 am

Well... yeah... It would be good... but to bring back one episode of a series after 2 years... one time for a half an hour... personally, I would have loved it, but I can see why they didn't do it.

TBH they probably didn't think of it.

Well... I'm not going into "who should be airing it" right now. I'm staying out of that for the moment. Nobody is airing it ATM... so I'm staying out of it for now...

But... when/if the time comes, I'm only concerned that they treat it with the right amount of respect.

As for the swearing... I disagree. I could see the word "suck" going into their once or twice.... but to be honest... the modern swearing thread is a bit annoying and brutish... if they applied it to CL I'd be very dissapointed.
SearchingLyoko Delenda Est.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby TechnoSam » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:18 am

It took me about two minutes to like it when I first saw "Laughing fit" The theme song had me at the first 5 notes, and today it has over 3000 plays on my iPod.
TechnoSam offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby yumiko27 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:20 pm

Um...It took me about two years to like it because I kept blowing it off as some anime rip off. Then again, those were the days when I replaced the English word "cute" with the Japanese word "kawaii".
When I actually started to watch it, I was hooked almost instantly and felt like an idiot for calling it an anime rip off. I still feel a little bad for thinking that! :*D
No, I didn't base my username off of Yumi. XD
yumiko27 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Previous