Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:51 pm

Difference between French and English?

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Difference between French and English?

Postby Panda » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:57 pm

I have not seen the original french version of Code LYOKO and I have been wondering: Is there a big diiference between the French and English version? What things are different, or got changed or edited?

Thanks in advance :D
Panda offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Star Way » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:01 pm

They're just the same except for the voices, as far as I know. Even the English voices are pretty close to what they are in French, except for Odd... in French he's voiced by a girl, so it's really high-pitched.
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Stephen (x1) » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:02 pm

I don't believe there are any cuts in the first season.

But the jokes, I think we established that they are different in all of the languages, due to the fact that they don't make sense when translated.
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:39 pm

I heard that CL French version included a bit of swearing. And translation from French to English was a bit different.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Lotho » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:29 pm

There were a few small parts cliped out. Due to censorship most likely.
Lotho offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:51 am

Celahir Ciryatan wrote:There were a few small parts cliped out. Due to censorship most likely.

Are you sure about that? I saw most of the French episodes while they were still on LyokoCode and hardly any content was cut at all that I could see, and not even in episodes like "TeddyGozilla" or "Image Problem".

The only thing that was cut out for the American release were the short "commercial break" lead-ins which has either Odd, Ulrich, or Yumi firing something at the screen followed by a scene change (one can be seen in "Image Problem", I think). I am pretty sure those are the only things that were cut from the original French episodes, as Miguzi provided their own "commercial lead-ins".
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:51 am

Celahir Ciryatan wrote:There were a few small parts cliped out. Due to censorship most likely.

After Justin and Janet, now some things on the tv at the USA has to be censored... sad, huh?
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby vertig73 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:55 pm

i thought there was going to cut out loads of things
vertig73 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Dummo Marx » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:28 pm

The only thing that was cut out for the American release were the short "commercial break" lead-ins which has either Odd, Ulrich, or Yumi firing something at the screen followed by a scene change (one can be seen in "Image Problem", I think). I am pretty sure those are the only things that were cut from the original French episodes, as Miguzi provided their own "commercial lead-ins".

wait...they cut those outta the northamerican release? 0_o...we had those here in the latin american release....
Who's a man and a half? I'm a man and a half
Dummo Marx offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:06 pm

Werwek wrote:

wait...they cut those outta the northamerican release? 0_o...we had those here in the latin american release....

Yeah. Only a few of them snuck in on a few episodes. All the others were edited out. They'll probably be back in on the DVD that's coming out but I suppose they were cut to keep CL from going over (or so they could fit more commercials in :D ). ^_^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:13 pm

Werwek wrote:

Yeah... although, I gotta see Image Problem again on Jetix... I'll see CL tomorrow.
MY85 offline

Postby vertig73 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:22 pm

in the uk cl is on every day 2:00pm on mondays,wednesdays,fridays,saturdays and sundays.Its on 3 times on tuesdayand thursdays its great
vertig73 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko