Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri May 31, 2024 7:39 am

LTT3 - Rewriting Physics since 2005!

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby nap* » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:27 pm

I've got a question but am not sure if it goes here.

X.A.N.A gets screwed over on earth when Alieta deactivates, but after X.A.N.A posseses her and makes her type code:XANA in a way tower shouldn't he still have control over her? Any tower if activated automatically gets destroyed & deactivated but X.A.N.A should just throw Alieta of a disingrating cliff or something like that, seeing as possesion takes place inside lyoko, look at William, he destroyed Lyoko yet, X.A.N.A still has control over him.
nap* offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Cassius335 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:45 am

Preseumably XANA figured he didn't need to keep control of Aelita once "CODE: XANA" was delivered. Eh, maybe he just like watching the gang run?
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sithking Zero » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:40 pm

I think that perhaps when Aelita is possessed by the Scyphizoa, XANA downloads a portion of himself into Aelita. However, to destroy a sector, I think that you need more then "Code XANA." You also need to input high ammounts of energy, and XANA sacrifices part of himself to fulfill that need. Think of it as a way to make sure no jelous rivals of Franz's come and waltz around Lyoko, killing everything.

Or, the other reason could be that Aelita natrually resists XANAfication, since she's spent so long on Lyoko. THe reason why XANA was able to establish more complete control over William is because William spent a total of what, five, ten minutes on Lyoko? Not nearly enough time to build up a resistance.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:00 pm

Technically, ther are only four sectors, and XANA would need aelita for the next sector deletion.

Also that, and if he supposedly has Franz held captive, he could be using Aelita as a bargaining chip for access to new information, and to download more files.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Key » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:57 pm

I there a way something can happen with the "Back in Time" mechanism that can freeze time?

and ive got great news...

IT'S FINALLY HERE!!

The first preview of Code Lyoko: Next Generation!

"Mommy?"
Strange things are happening in Japan. While Miyuki is at school, her mom is home with Miyuki's kid brother. This is just one of the first victims of XANA's new found rage!!

http://media.putfile.com/CL-Next-Generation-Clip--Mommy-

Now you can vote for what will happen to Miyuki's brother!!

Should he live, or die?
Key offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby FènéethxAelita » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:22 pm

GivR wrote:I there a way something can happen with the "Back in Time" mechanism that can freeze time?

and ive got great news...

IT'S FINALLY HERE!!

The first preview of Code Lyoko: Next Generation!

"Mommy?"
Strange things are happening in Japan. While Miyuki is at school, her mom is home with Miyuki's kid brother. This is just one of the first victims of XANA's new found rage!!

http://media.putfile.com/CL-Next-Generation-Clip--Mommy-

Now you can vote for what will happen to Miyuki's brother!!

Should he live, or die?

WTF?
"We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Borg Collective
FènéethxAelita offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Location: Chimera rally in U.K., in Tamriel, kicking daedra ***, or in Lyoko, protecting Aelita (who else?)

Postby Key » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:28 pm

What do you mean by that?
Key offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:46 pm

GivR, please don't advertise your poorly-written fanfiction on the other forums.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:16 pm

Taelia wrote:GivR, please don't advertise your poorly-written fanfiction on the other forums.

Co-signed. We get enough of that from the other bugger.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Key » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:52 pm

Shows how much you know, ITS NOT FANFICTION!

It's an actual movie now!!!

But, whatever, it's fine.
Key offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Jake_Brake » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:26 pm

That was really bad!!
:pbthbb:
Apart from the "XANA-eye" that flashed on the screen for about ½ a second, it didn't look it had anything to do with Code: Lyoko.

It looked like something out of Mystery Science Theatre 3000! :snoring:
"How can anyone govern a nation that has 246 different kinds of cheese?"----Gen. Charles de Gaulle (1890-1970)
Jake_Brake offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby nap* » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:29 am

The eye flash doesn't mean that it's part of the film it could have either been someone putting the film on windows video maker or something like that and accidently put X.A.N.A's there and if it was part of the film wouldn't the eye have been more CGI.
X.A.N.A is my friend, evil is my friend
nap* offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:31 pm

Can we not discuss GivR's crap here? Please?
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JeremyHopper » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:38 pm

Seroiusly. Anyway, I've had enough with the hardware, I'm more interested in the software now. I mean hey, if Franz Hopper thought up some of that hardware how can we possibly understand it to it's fullest extent? For example: scientists know that the RNA polymerase transcripts parts of the DNA into mRNA. Scientists don't know how though, they don't even have a clue. We think we know what the Hopperian hardware is, but do we know the finepoints of how it works? So since most likely the software is wthin the grasp of the avarage geniues's mind, let's discuss that. I'd like to see a good emulation of the software on the terminal; not an eye-candy one like that one already made, but one that actually imitates the exact functions of the supercomputer, with fake hardware OUTs, POKEs, and PEEKs. That would be the GREATEST!
~Sean

I reject your reality and substitute my own. -Adam Savage
JeremyHopper offline

Postby Key » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:54 pm

Post Edited by Admin for swearing and rudeness:

GIVR, you can expect a PM about your behavior. This is simply unacceptable.

Please kindly continue your normal discussion beyond this point.
Key offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Tangent128 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:56 am

JeremyHopper wrote:Seroiusly. Anyway, I've had enough with the hardware, I'm more interested in the software now. I mean hey, if Franz Hopper thought up some of that hardware how can we possibly understand it to it's fullest extent? For example: scientists know that the RNA polymerase transcripts parts of the DNA into mRNA. Scientists don't know how though, they don't even have a clue. We think we know what the Hopperian hardware is, but do we know the finepoints of how it works? So since most likely the software is wthin the grasp of the avarage geniues's mind, let's discuss that. I'd like to see a good emulation of the software on the terminal; not an eye-candy one like that one already made, but one that actually imitates the exact functions of the supercomputer, with fake hardware OUTs, POKEs, and PEEKs. That would be the GREATEST!

That would be cool- though I doubt Hopper used BASIC. ;)
What language did he use, though? It was likely a custom language, but what language does it most look like? (PHP etc. seen on the screens doesn't count- it was there for a computer code effect, but no deep thought was put into it- it was image gallery code or something, wasn't it?)

It may have been a quantum version of C or Pascal, though I like to think it was closer to Self or Forth.

I guess the only thing to do is to actually write fake code.
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JeremyHopper » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:44 am

Tangent128 wrote:
JeremyHopper wrote:Seroiusly. Anyway, I've had enough with the hardware, I'm more interested in the software now. I mean hey, if Franz Hopper thought up some of that hardware how can we possibly understand it to it's fullest extent? For example: scientists know that the RNA polymerase transcripts parts of the DNA into mRNA. Scientists don't know how though, they don't even have a clue. We think we know what the Hopperian hardware is, but do we know the finepoints of how it works? So since most likely the software is wthin the grasp of the avarage geniues's mind, let's discuss that. I'd like to see a good emulation of the software on the terminal; not an eye-candy one like that one already made, but one that actually imitates the exact functions of the supercomputer, with fake hardware OUTs, POKEs, and PEEKs. That would be the GREATEST!

That would be cool- though I doubt Hopper used BASIC. ;)

:*D lol, I know, but I don't know the C++ equivilants to those commands! I wouldn't be so sure it's a custom language, I think the base language might be Python or Unix.
~Sean

JeremyHopper offline

Postby mooshie » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:59 am

actually it is already known
my biology textbook wrote: during transcription, RNA Polymerase Binds to DNA and seperates the DNA strands. RNA polymerase then used one strand of DNA as a template from which nucleotides are assembled into a strand of RNA
now, you may be thinking, so what, we still don't know how it assembles the RNA from the single strand template, wrong, each half of the DNA has ceratin parts (nucleotides) that say what to do, you probably know this, however what allos DNA to repair itself and to form RNA is that each nucleotide on a strand of DNA can only go with a certain other type (literature buffs know this as them being a foil to each other) and so RNA is made from DNA
A lot of member have sigs that say"I'm a boy", or "I'm a girl", I refuse to join this trend.

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what's right" --Isaac Asimov

98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD..
only 2% to go
mooshie offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby JeremyHopper » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:57 am

&#622 ; wrote:

actually it is already known
my biology textbook wrote: during transcription, RNA Polymerase Binds to DNA and seperates the DNA strands. RNA polymerase then used one strand of DNA as a template from which nucleotides are assembled into a strand of RNA
now, you may be thinking, so what, we still don't know how it assembles the RNA from the single strand template, wrong, each half of the DNA has ceratin parts (nucleotides) that say what to do, you probably know this, however what allos DNA to repair itself and to form RNA is that each nucleotide on a strand of DNA can only go with a certain other type (literature buffs know this as them being a foil to each other) and so RNA is made from DNA

Okay okay, sure, that stuff is all true, but what does the RNA polymerase do at the molecular level to seperate the strands? How does the RNA "use it as a template"? It doesn't have a brain. ...or does it? Even if the DNA says what to do, how does the RNA "listen" to it and know what to make? Why does A bind with T? The answer scientists have to most of these questions: it just does. Is it just a set of carefully made chemical reactions? Is this... getting off-topic? Wait a sec, let's see if I can apply this to LTT...

Maybe this was answered already (I missed LTT2 entirely) but what does the scanners have to do to the DNA and how does it do it?
~Sean

JeremyHopper offline

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:18 am

JeremyHopper wrote:Okay okay, sure, that stuff is all true, but what does the RNA polymerase do at the molecular level to seperate the strands? How does the RNA "use it as a template"? It doesn't have a brain. ...or does it? Even if the DNA says what to do, how does the RNA "listen" to it and know what to make? Why does A bind with T? The answer scientists have to most of these questions: it just does. Is it just a set of carefully made chemical reactions? Is this... getting off-topic? Wait a sec, let's see if I can apply this to LTT...

It might be as simple as "Because that's what it's designed/programmed to do"

JeremyHopper wrote:Maybe this was answered already (I missed LTT2 entirely) but what does the scanners have to do to the DNA and how does it do it?

Short version: IIRC, They record it (among other things) and translate it into vDNA, a sort of special compressed format which takes up as lot less space than real DNA would, with (we're assuming) none of that nasty compression loss business.

Try doing a forum search, username=TB3 and Keyword=vDNA. That should find you a better explanation.
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JeremyHopper » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:42 am

Cassius335 wrote:
JeremyHopper wrote:Okay okay, sure, that stuff is all true, but what does the RNA polymerase do at the molecular level to seperate the strands? How does the RNA "use it as a template"? It doesn't have a brain. ...or does it? Even if the DNA says what to do, how does the RNA "listen" to it and know what to make? Why does A bind with T? The answer scientists have to most of these questions: it just does. Is it just a set of carefully made chemical reactions? Is this... getting off-topic? Wait a sec, let's see if I can apply this to LTT...

It might be as simple as "Because that's what it's designed/programmed to do"

That's all of it right there.

Cassius335 wrote:
JeremyHopper wrote:Maybe this was answered already (I missed LTT2 entirely) but what does the scanners have to do to the DNA and how does it do it?

Short version: IIRC, They record it (among other things) and translate it into vDNA, a sort of special compressed format which takes up as lot less space than real DNA would, with (we're assuming) none of that nasty compression loss business.

Try doing a forum search, username=TB3 and Keyword=vDNA. That should find you a better explanation.

Okay, I'll go do that.
~Sean

JeremyHopper offline

Postby Astro-Xana » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:44 pm

Now I have an interesting question which is that if two people were to be in one scanner and then virtualized, would that actually fuse those two people together into one virtual being? That would be cool because if all the Lyoko warriors were to go into one giant scanner and virtualized, then they would all be fused into one very powerful virtual being in the virtual world who has all the combined powers as well as the appearances of each of the Lyoko warriors.
Last edited by Astro-Xana on Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby mooshie » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:01 am

[quote=Astronomical X.A.N.A.]Now I have an interesting question which is that if two people were to be in one scanner and then virtualized, would that actually fuse those two people together into one virtual being? That would be cool because if all the Lyoko warriors were to go into one giant scanner and virtualized, then they would all be fused into one very powerful virtual being in the virtual world who has all the combined powers as well as the appearances of each of the Lyoko warriors.[/quote]
well if lyoko is made with a programming language that is anything like C, C++, or JAVA they wouldn't be joined on lyoko, bu they would be considered part of the same object in the code, so there might be some limit on how far away from each other they could go, but besides that they would most likely be like they had been virtualized seperately, but when involving that much complexity who knows, maybe the class of object that the lyoko warriors belong to only allow them to have one strand of vDNA, so they would get joined, but we don't really know the intricacies[/quote]
A lot of member have sigs that say"I'm a boy", or "I'm a girl", I refuse to join this trend.

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what's right" --Isaac Asimov

98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD..
only 2% to go
mooshie offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Cassius335 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:49 am

Astronomical X.A.N.A. wrote:Now I have an interesting question which is that if two people were to be in one scanner and then virtualized, would that actually fuse those two people together into one virtual being? That would be cool because if all the Lyoko warriors were to go into one giant scanner and virtualized, then they would all be fused into one very powerful virtual being in the virtual world who has all the combined powers as well as the appearances of each of the Lyoko warriors.

Oh Lord... :arg:

And I imagine it'd be horribly confusing for the virtual fusion in question, in the ten minutes or so before the sheer complexity causes the avatar to decompile and expire (Hell, that nearly happened when Odd and Yumi merely swapped bodies! No way would the sytem be capable of handling the fusion you describe)
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JeremyHopper » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:49 am

Astronomical X.A.N.A. wrote:Now I have an interesting question which is that if two people were to be in one scanner and then virtualized, would that actually fuse those two people together into one virtual being? That would be cool because if all the Lyoko warriors were to go into one giant scanner and virtualized, then they would all be fused into one very powerful virtual being in the virtual world who has all the combined powers as well as the appearances of each of the Lyoko warriors.

Like Cassius said, I think that the computer trying to read all of the DNA in the scanner would cause a meltdown or something... something bad. It would probably have a fail-safe mecahnism to detect multiple DNA strands or whatever.

That brings up another question, what would happen to humans with genetic diseases like triploid karyotype on one of the chromosomes? Also, when the computer reads the DNA, where does it read it from? The whole body? Because cells can have mutations in the DNA, not every cell in the body has the same DNA (it's supposed to be but it's not). So the computer would have to do an avarage between every cell in the body, but that would take a long time! If it reads only one, which one is it and what would happen if that cell had a mutation (big one) in the DNA strand?
~Sean

JeremyHopper offline

PreviousNext