Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:35 am

LTT3 - Rewriting Physics since 2005!

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Tangent128 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:43 pm

Calm down... (looks for a techy subject to change to)

Why are the Towers ColorCodedForYourConvenience? I can't see why XANA would bother to distinguish its activated Towers from other Towers, but if it were a simple matter of the Towers knowing who activated them, then you'd think Jeremie would have been able to program them to not accept activations from XANA...
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Astro-Xana » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:47 pm

Last edited by Astro-Xana on Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:01 pm

Astro-XANA, I really don't want to have to tell you again. Please put your episode and plot idea theories in the Episode Idea thread.

LTT is for serious technical discussion of how things in Code Lyoko (and Lyoko itself) work. You are off-topic and spamming. Please don't do it anymore, thank you.

Tangent128 wrote:Calm down... (looks for a techy subject to change to)

Why are the Towers ColorCodedForYourConvenience? I can't see why XANA would bother to distinguish its activated Towers from other Towers, but if it were a simple matter of the Towers knowing who activated them, then you'd think Jeremie would have been able to program them to not accept activations from XANA...

This might have been a fail-safe feature that Franz Hopper himself programmed so that he'd be able to tell if an outside force (or anyone other than himself was using a tower or had activated one). I doubt XANA had anything to do with the fact that the towers change colors the way they do...just since, as you said, why would he want people to know when he was messing with a tower and which one?

That's just my theory though.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tangent128 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:14 am

Well, yeah, I can understand why the activated Towers change color. I'm just wondering how they distinguish between Jeremie (Green) and XANA (Red).

Also, somewhere it was mentioned that a CL creator said that the Blue->White color switch was significant. Are the White Towers actively resisting XANA in the Network or something? That may explain why XANA is using the Lyoko Towers instead of the Replika Towers.
(disclaimer: I haven't seen ep80.)
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Cassius335 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:06 pm

I'm guessing either Jeremie doesn't have access to that part of the tower program or XANA just keeps hacking it.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Reesane » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:23 pm

Cassius335 wrote:

I'm guessing either Jeremie doesn't have access to that part of the tower program or XANA just keeps hacking it.

From what I understand about how towers work, I think you have to hack into them in order to use them. It's rather hard to tell one hacker from another, unless they "sign" their work, so to speek.
Mood today: O_o

made by CBIzumi

made by Carth
Reesane offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Tangent128 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:25 pm

Reesane wrote:From what I understand about how towers work, I think you have to hack into them in order to use them. It's rather hard to tell one hacker from another, unless they "sign" their work, so to speek.

So how do the Towers know which color to glow?
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Cassius335 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:33 pm

Perhaps green is "Input from console" rather than specifically Jeremie
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:39 pm

Then What's red? Malicious code? And White? Administrative Access Approved user?

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Cassius335 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:50 pm

Possibly, though as noted White seems to have replaced blue as the "normal operation" colour
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:10 pm

Hey, Maybe 'cause Jer andAelita Rebuilt Lyoko, giving them Admin access. What? It's just my theory.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby YDV » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:24 pm

Cassius335 wrote:Perhaps green is "Input from console" rather than specifically Jeremie

I agree. Also, there was supposed to be a reason why they're white now, right? >>;;

I think it may be because... the programming has been rewritten? I dunno.

Yeah I know I'm popping in from nowhere be quiet. >O
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tangent128 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:19 pm

Okay, I've got what I feel is a good guess.
Green means activation from console.
Blue means normal operation.
White means activation from Lyoko/Network.
However, XANA's Towers are Red, not White, as a side effect of XANA's "anti-virtualization field", which keeps Aelita from virtualizing right next to the Tower.

The Towers are normally White now, because of whatever Franz did. Maybe a program restricting the Replika Towers?
Hopefully future episodes will confirm/debunk.
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Kamekai » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:25 pm

Astronomical X.A.N.A. wrote: I did get some things wrong which is that for one, the Scyphozoa didn't succeed in attacking the ship, and two, it didn't implant a virus into the ship.

We don't know that. "Lost at Sea" is the next episode, so maybe ol' Sciphy managed to pull off the job.
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Astro-Xana » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:07 am

I have a question which is that in Season 4, Aelita hasn't been using her creativity at all (with her ability of modifying terrain). Instead, she has been using her Energy Field and also one newfound ability which is creating a forcefield. It seems that Aelita is now restricted to only creating/modifying energy. Why is that?

Now here's another question. It was never said that the Scyphozoa implants a virus in Aelita's mind in possessing her. In "Lyoko Minus One" when the Scyphozoa possessed Aelita, Jeremy said that the Scyphozoa implanted "something" in Aelita's mind. I'm wondering what that "something" is.

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby Mewberries151 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:03 am

Astronomical X.A.N.A. wrote:I have a question which is that in Season 4, Aelita hasn't been using her creativity at all (with her ability of modifying terrain). Instead, she has been using her Energy Field and also one newfound ability which is creating a forcefield. It seems that Aelita is now restricted to only creating/modifying energy. Why is that?

Now here's another question. It was never said that the Scyphozoa implants a virus in Aelita's mind in possessing her. In "Lyoko Minus One" when the Scyphozoa possessed Aelita, Jeremy said that the Scyphozoa implanted "something" in Aelita's mind. I'm wondering what that "something" is.

Actually, the "forcefield" she created in "Replika", has been theorized to be the Forest Region's version of her "Modification" ability, seeing as she's never truly created the "land barriers" in the Forest Region, that she has in the other regions (ie. the Ice walls in the Polar region). It was also "honeycombed", which is a forest-like, natural shape. *nods*

That's just the running theory that I've heard anyway, but it does make some poetic sense. ^^;

Also, the "something" that the Scyphozoa implanted in Aelita's mind in "Lyoko Minus One" was the ability to use the "Code: XANA" command, in order to destroy the Lyoko regions. :)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TB3 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:58 am

Hi Mew, nice to see you in here :)

Just been rewatching 'Lost at Sea' and come up with a few observations:

1: The Navskids take physical damage - Yumi's has broken and mangled hull-plating by the end of the episode, and it seems to get worse even when she doesn't take lazer-hits - water pressure escalating the situation maybe?

2: The Navskids may have environmental equipment - Yumi notes 'it's cold' - presumably the ship is trying to conserve it's dwindling power by shutting down superfluous systems like the cockpit heating.

3: The Navskids have an internalised power reserve - this may be either electrical batteries, or some form of fuel tanks - the logic behind this is that when Ulrich blasts William, his ship trails blue gas/fluid before exploding dramatically - this seems less like 'virtual distintergration' and more like some spectacular form of mechanical failure - a simultaeneous explosion of the fuel reserves and implosion due to the hull collapsing.

It's worth noting though that while William's ship seems visibly based on the Navskids, it may use a different power system - i.e. using flammable fuel instead of an electrical reserve - this is because William's ship has to operate under greater autonomy than the Navskids and needs range equal to the Navskid's mother-ship, the Skid - thus using rocket-fuel would lend more bang-per-buck - the trade off however is that his ship is probably easier to destroy than the Navskids, as it only took two torpedoes to destroy it, even with it's sheilds (presumably) active.

4: My personal belief is that the Skidbladnir has unlimited power as long as it remains in communication with the Supercomputer - (Aelita and Jeremie mention a 'core program', which I think is similar to Lyoko's core - a point where incoming data from the supercomputer is converted to physical data) - when the connection is broken however, the Skid has to rely on it's internal power reserves to maintain it's own existance, and when that fails, the ship distintergrates without the supercomputer's data flow to support it (just like how Lyoko fails if the Core is destroyed).
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JesusFreak » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:46 am

And Doesn't he have lasers as well as torpedoes? I thought I saw some wellow lasers fire as well as a few torpedoes.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:03 pm

TB3 wrote:Hi Mew, nice to see you in here :)

Just been rewatching 'Lost at Sea' and come up with a few observations:

1: The Navskids take physical damage - Yumi's has broken and mangled hull-plating by the end of the episode, and it seems to get worse even when she doesn't take lazer-hits - water pressure escalating the situation maybe?

2: The Navskids may have environmental equipment - Yumi notes 'it's cold' - presumably the ship is trying to conserve it's dwindling power by shutting down superfluous systems like the cockpit heating.

3: The Navskids have an internalised power reserve - this may be either electrical batteries, or some form of fuel tanks - the logic behind this is that when Ulrich blasts William, his ship trails blue gas/fluid before exploding dramatically - this seems less like 'virtual distintergration' and more like some spectacular form of mechanical failure - a simultaeneous explosion of the fuel reserves and implosion due to the hull collapsing.

It's worth noting though that while William's ship seems visibly based on the Navskids, it may use a different power system - i.e. using flammable fuel instead of an electrical reserve - this is because William's ship has to operate under greater autonomy than the Navskids and needs range equal to the Navskid's mother-ship, the Skid - thus using rocket-fuel would lend more bang-per-buck - the trade off however is that his ship is probably easier to destroy than the Navskids, as it only took two torpedoes to destroy it, even with it's sheilds (presumably) active.

4: My personal belief is that the Skidbladnir has unlimited power as long as it remains in communication with the Supercomputer - (Aelita and Jeremie mention a 'core program', which I think is similar to Lyoko's core - a point where incoming data from the supercomputer is converted to physical data) - when the connection is broken however, the Skid has to rely on it's internal power reserves to maintain it's own existance, and when that fails, the ship distintergrates without the supercomputer's data flow to support it (just like how Lyoko fails if the Core is destroyed).

Hmm. So perhaps things are more 'real' in the Digital Sea's dimension than on Lyoko?

I doubt the power supply is exactly unlimited... even Nuclear batteries can only provide so much power at once. Remember, the first time Jeremy reinforced the Skid's sheilds, it cost them the ability to RTTP.

And personally, I'm wondering if the Digital Sea has an 'above' (is there a Digital Beach?) or a bottom.
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Kamekai » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:32 pm

TB3 wrote:It's worth noting though that while William's ship seems visibly based on the Navskids, it may use a different power system - i.e. using flammable fuel instead of an electrical reserve - this is because William's ship has to operate under greater autonomy than the Navskids and needs range equal to the Navskid's mother-ship, the Skid - thus using rocket-fuel would lend more bang-per-buck - the trade off however is that his ship is probably easier to destroy than the Navskids, as it only took two torpedoes to destroy it, even with it's sheilds (presumably) active.

I guess ol' Willie didn't have a say in the matter. I would of went for something more like a battleship, but man, wouldn't that be anticlimactic. But seriously, riding on a tank of Rocket-fuel in the middle of a gigantic sea with a huge amount of pressure? Not exactly my preferred mode of transportation. :D
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Chosen_one » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:09 pm

A really long time ago, I had this idea:

Red = Activated by XANA (a.k.a. "Maintenance program")
White = Activated by Franz Hopper (a.k.a. System Admin)
Green = Activated by Third Party (a.k.a. the Console)
Blue = Not activated

Basically, each tower is like a virtual machine, and the users (XANA/Maintenance, Franz/Admin, Third-Party/Console, and Not activated/"Guest") are the ones who activate towers in the same way we log in to our own operating systems.

And Aelita has the special annex program that allows her to log in to any tower regardless of who activated it and access certain (but not all) functions of the tower or enter codes that either terminate an activated tower session (like the "End Process" button on the Windows Task Manager or "Force Quit" on Macs) or delete the sector. However, in order to access other restricted functions of the tower (such as memory usage), the activator of the tower has to allow her to do so.

Tangent128 wrote:Well, yeah, I can understand why the activated Towers change color. I'm just wondering how they distinguish between Jeremie (Green) and XANA (Red).

Also, somewhere it was mentioned that a CL creator said that the Blue->White color switch was significant. Are the White Towers actively resisting XANA in the Network or something? That may explain why XANA is using the Lyoko Towers instead of the Replika Towers.
(disclaimer: I haven't seen ep80.)
I believe the towers are white because they were activated by Franz Hopper during The Key and remained activated (something along the lines to setting the default user of towers to "Franz Hopper"), and according to codelyoko.fr they still have a link with Franz Hopper.
The Chosen One
Consul of the Republic of Destiny
Conqueror of the Empire of Fate
I have received 2480 replied notifications.
Click here to go to my 1337th post.
Click Here to view the longest thread in Lyoko Freak history.
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Astro-Xana » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:29 pm

Now here's an interesting question. Let's pretend that one of these other supercomputers has an RTTP function just like the original supercomputer built by Franz Hopper. If Jeremy were to set the time back (let's say 1 day) and launch the RTTP, but at the same time, Xana (in control of this other supercomputer that also contains an RTTP function) were to set the time back 2 days and launch the RTTP the same time as Jeremy which would result in two RTTP bubbles at the same time, what would happen?

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby TB3 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:38 pm

Astronomical X.A.N.A. wrote:Now here's an interesting question. Let's pretend that one of these other supercomputers has an RTTP function just like the original supercomputer built by Franz Hopper. If Jeremy were to set the time back (let's say 1 day) and launch the RTTP, but at the same time, Xana (in control of this other supercomputer that also contains an RTTP function) were to set the time back 2 days and launch the RTTP the same time as Jeremy which would result in two RTTP bubbles at the same time, what would happen?

Most likely not much - it's not like the 'bubbles' would cause an explosion or send everyone back several decades if they crossed - all that happens is that from XANA's perspective he's gone back two days and from Jeremie's perspective he's only gone back one.

The crucial factor however is that both RTTPs have to be triggered simulataneously (which at a Quantum level is pretty nigh impossible) - it's entirely possible that the timeline ceases to exist the second the first RTTP occurs since the sequence of events has been changed in the past - thus the slow expansion of the 'bubble' may be more artistic license than anything.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:52 pm

Actually, I hate to say it, but A-Xana might be on to something. A large part of LTT theory states that the old universe hangs around a bit after the new one is made, right? Quite probably hang around long enough for the second computer to finish sending it's RTTP data (which itself takes, what, moments?).

With a bit of plot fiddling, you could quite possibly end up with two new timelines running side by side; One made by the kids, one made by XANA.

Or if you wanted something simpler, just one timeline where XANA ends up with a serious head start (remember that in the scenario given he's gone back a day further than the Warriors)...
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tangent128 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:31 pm

TB3 wrote:4: My personal belief is that the Skidbladnir has unlimited power as long as it remains in communication with the Supercomputer - (Aelita and Jeremie mention a 'core program', which I think is similar to Lyoko's core - a point where incoming data from the supercomputer is converted to physical data) - when the connection is broken however, the Skid has to rely on it's internal power reserves to maintain it's own existance, and when that fails, the ship distintergrates without the supercomputer's data flow to support it (just like how Lyoko fails if the Core is destroyed).

Like a SAP?

Question- when Jeremie materializes vehicles on a Replika, what entity actually materializes them? The SC (possibly using the Skid as a reference point, since a Replika may be beyond the SC's typical ZPS resolving range), the Replika SC (if so, XANA apparently doesn't have much control over his own computers...), or the Skid itself (if ZPS objects can manipulate ZPS)?

<paranoia>Let's just hope XANA doesn't develop its own RTTP... or maybe it already has... we just can't see those timelines...</paranoia>
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

PreviousNext