Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:48 am

LTT3 - Rewriting Physics since 2005!

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

LTT3 - Rewriting Physics since 2005!

Postby TB3 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:23 am

Okay - IT'S BAAAAAAAAACK!

HEEEEERE'S TECHIE!

(starts singing)

The boys are back in toooooooown!

By popular demand, LTT rises from the ashes in this, it's third incarnation.

Listen well ye Lyokologists - thine ideas hath reached the ears of Director and Scriptwriter, and were carried with honours unto the bosom of Moonscoop. Therefore comport yeselves well in this thread - bring forth thine skills of tech, no, babble, and use them with dignity and grace, for only with unity and theories of the most excellent nature may we be recognised by the Powers That Be.

Okay guys, let's go forth and further unravel the secrets of Doctor Franz Hopper (yes, according to the official website, Franz holds a doctorate of some unknown nature) - and remember, work hard enough and we might just get that Nobel Prize! ;)

THIS THREAD IS DEDICATED TO THE MEMORY OF LTT I AND LTT II - MAY THEIR LEGACY CONTINUE!
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mooshie » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:28 am

I think one good thing to know (or try to know) is what exertanium really is, an element(it could just be an undiscovered element), a compound, and if so, of what my theory is it is a compund like InSnBa4Tm4Cu6O18+ (patent pending[not for me])
A lot of member have sigs that say"I'm a boy", or "I'm a girl", I refuse to join this trend.

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what's right" --Isaac Asimov

98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD..
only 2% to go
mooshie offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Tangent128 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:06 pm

Will we go further into the software this time 'round?

And is this the place for preemptive speculation on Translation?
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JeremyHopper » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:20 pm

I think we should start going into the software and the software-hardware interface. For example, I doubt when Jeremy says "Virtualization!" he literally types in "virtualization". I doubt it would even be as simple as typing in "virtualization ulrich scanner 1". If you look at what he types in it looks more along the lines of programming (did anyone ever look at the programming on the STM, I heard somewhere it was HTML.)

Also, this may have already been answered, but suposedly the towers act as a virtual-to-real-life portal. Is that a metaphor because the last time I looked a literal direct virtual-to-real-life portal is kinda beyond impossible, because virtual reality is simply an illusion. Maybe the towers are more of the processors for scanning real things into the virtual world. Temprorary memory storage if you will?

I've been working on a program in QBASIC to mimic the activities of the STM, but unlike what other mimicries of the STM have done, this project is going to be more like mimicing the real physics as opposed to graphical eye-candy (my interface looks cool, but not very similar to Jeremy's.) I started this autumn, and since I can't work on it during the school year (not enough time) I plan to finish it this summer. BTW, good to see you again TB3.
~Sean

I reject your reality and substitute my own. -Adam Savage
JeremyHopper offline

Postby TB3 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:59 pm

Yo JeremyHopper, good ta see you again! :)

And nice ideas too - only one problem - we sorta...kinda, got rid of the STM, replacing it with a system involving Tachyons (PM me if you want the details).

And yes, this page is going to focus more on the internal operations of Lyoko, since we now have the mechanics and hardware seemingly down pat.

Anyone want to open the forum with an idea, theory or suggestion then about our wonderful World Without Danger? :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:38 am

Sorry I'm out of revolutionary ideas, but I do want to ask some things that may have been answered.

We know the sectors were created as purely a digital environment for Franz and Aelita, but was Carthage designed as a physical test existance, or as a more of a symbolic operating system for the orriginal purpose of Lyoko (undermining project Carthage.) I mean for example, sector 5 contained the representation of the Kernal in the core chamber, so was the rest of it parlells too possibly (Ex: The laberynth key being the user ID system, etc.)

As I recall, the other train of though being worked on in LTT2 was to what extent senses were represented and if data like visual and audio signals were either generated per character or there was reall enough complexity for them to exist in the environment and be passed to the character like real senses. Did we arrive at anything there?
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby mooshie » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:52 am

I think we established that the computer had enough processing power to simulate the nervous system including sensory input, which explains why odd feels sick entering sector 5, although it may have been different
A lot of member have sigs that say"I'm a boy", or "I'm a girl", I refuse to join this trend.

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what's right" --Isaac Asimov

98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD..
only 2% to go
mooshie offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby JeremyHopper » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:47 pm

I think it's something like this: the only part of the characters that's actually in lyoko is their mind, obviously, so what probably happens is something like the matrix. The computer feeds information to the character's mind that is interpreted by the mind as sensory input.

Some of the sensations the characters feel might be created by the mind, like seeing the ice region, thinking it's cold, and so they feel cold because their minds THINK it's cold. The feelings created by the mind that aren't real might also be purposfully amplified by the supercomputer to make a completely life-like experience in lyoko.

The reason Odd felt sick in sector 5 is simple. Because once they reach sector 5 they spin around so much, Odd's mind is expecting to lose equilibrium. It expects it so much, that consequently his mind thinks it DID lose it's equilibrium. Then, it made him feel sick. The feeling of car sickness and motion sickness is all in the mind afterall. The reason the others didn't get sick is probably because they rely on what IS instead of what is EXPECTED, with odd probably reliying more on what is expected. Catch my drift?
~Sean

JeremyHopper offline

Postby Tangent128 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:56 am

So... does that mean that the SC can understand the neural pathways, or does it just know the general brain / nervous system areas to monitor / stimulate? I don't recall if anything was settled on in LTT II.
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JeremyHopper » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:09 am

Yeah, it's like the computer knows what parts of the mind to stimulate. But part of the senses that the characters feel in lyoko, like touch and smell, is not real and is only because their minds expect to feel a certain feeling if they touch something. It's like the power of suggestion. But audio and visual signals would most likely given to the mind by the supercomputer.
~Sean

JeremyHopper offline

Postby Astro-Xana » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:39 pm

Just an interesting question, but you already know that we are not consciously aware that we are traveling through the 4th dimension (time). But if we were to be consciously aware, how would it feel?

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby TB3 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:36 pm

If we could 'sense' in 4D AstroXANA, I expect we'd see the world like a slow-release photograph, in which we could see a limited degree of the past (limited just like the ability to see doesn't mean we see eveything).

JeremyHopper wrote:Yeah, it's like the computer knows what parts of the mind to stimulate. But part of the senses that the characters feel in lyoko, like touch and smell, is not real and is only because their minds expect to feel a certain feeling if they touch something. It's like the power of suggestion. But audio and visual signals would most likely given to the mind by the supercomputer.

You have it very close to what we theorised JH - bravo.

In regards to Tangent's thought, we don't feel the supercomputer 'understands' the workings of the human mind to that extend - evidence in the show suggests the supercomputer simply imputs the atomic data of the scanned subject's mind into Lyoko's particle simulation system, and then the mind operates as an independant, autonomous function. All the computer need interpret is how the impulses from the mind translate into body motions, and how to feed 'sight', 'sound' and touch etc to the brain in return as similar impulses.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Reesane » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:18 pm

Here is a question:

I we were to vurtualise somthing(an organism) that was not a human, what would happen? Could we vuitulise a plant? what would said plan look like on lyoko if it does not have a subconsence?
Mood today: O_o

made by CBIzumi

made by Carth
Reesane offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Sithking Zero » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:04 am

I don't know. I'd think it wouldn't work, because theoretically, the Lyoko Warriors are wearing clothes that are at least partially made from some sort of organic substance, most likely plant substance, correct? Or wool? Well, you don't see a bunch of plants and sheep running around lyoko, do you?

Or maybe... that's XANA's secret hobby! He's a farmer!
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Jazzy Josh » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:08 am

I believe that the organism would attempt to preform normal functions.

@Jazzy Josh on Twitter.
Jazzy Josh offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Reesane » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:09 am

Sithking Zero wrote:I don't know. I'd think it wouldn't work, because theoretically, the Lyoko Warriors are wearing clothes that are at least partially made from some sort of organic substance, most likely plant substance, correct? Or wool? Well, you don't see a bunch of plants and sheep running around lyoko, do you?

Or maybe... that's XANA's secret hobby! He's a farmer!

That's because it isn't living tisue....... Which brings me to a more morbid question: what would happen if a fresh corps was vurtualised?
Mood today: O_o

made by CBIzumi

made by Carth
Reesane offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:33 am

Instant host body for XANA?
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sithking Zero » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:47 am

Well, they were able to ressurect Aelita from a hair, and hair is dead cells, correct? So... I dunno. Maybe the SC is trained to automatically reject certain materiels from the scanning process and is kept in storage until the human body needs it again. That would explain where the clothes go...
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko SA80 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:28 am

Ok I not very good at this but I going to have a go .

I always wondered how things like is worked . How do you all think the regloins was made(I'm sorry if someone has been is to your attention) I was think about it last time I was watch cl .As Sithking Zero said I also think that the computer somehows storage it in it's memory.Of all the Dna of the warroir and aeltia .Xana and his warroir could be stored in it aswell

For the memory franz hopper must of created his own software as mirosoft xp pro is the only kind That I know that could take it .(I think).

Fighting for a world without danger

SAFEDGUARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lyoko SA80 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TB3 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:04 am

Jeremie has inmplied before (in 'Fronteir') that the computer can upload data directly without creating a subconcious-generated avatar - he seemed to be planning on using it on himself 'since I won't be fighting'.

Therefore you could possible stick a plant in the scanner, and out the other end in Lyoko would come...a plant, indentical in every way.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Sithking Zero » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:41 am

Or, even cooler, a plant that could... shoot lasers, or something.

Come on, we all want to see that!

What would an animal look like if they went through the process? I'd like to see what Kiwi could do if he was virtualized, for one. Would animals gain extra powers?
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:08 am

Hmm - that might depend on whether the computer can locate the pleasure-area of Kiwi's brain, the area integral to the 'subconcious avatar generation' stage of a virtualisation.

If so, then the possibilities are both endless...and scary. :P
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JeremyHopper » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:27 am

Interesting ideas. I think if a plant was virtualized, it wouldn't have a subcouncious (obviously) so the computer would default to a sort of low-poly representatiion of the plant. Also, the plant would probably die because of the many functions it needs to keep intact, or it at least would be dead in Lyoko.

An animal would probably virtualize normally and possibly have a different representation if it saw itself a certain way. The animal would react to Lyoko the same way a human would.

As far as a dead corpse goes, I agree with Cassius, new body for XANA! The corpse would virtualize by a default low-poly representation because there's no subconcious available to draw self-image from.
~Sean

JeremyHopper offline

Postby Astro-Xana » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:31 pm

^ ^
. .
|||||
___
|||||

*REPULSIVE FACE OF THE FRANZ!!!*
Last edited by Astro-Xana on Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby YDV » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:29 pm

Yay, LTT3! 8D

I'll try and be around more often this time around, since I should be able to get online after school these days..

Anyway. I think that if a plant were scanned, it probably wouldn't be transferred to Lyoko unless directly programmed to do so. Because since it doesn't have a subconscious, there wouldn't be any point for the computer to go about creating it an avatar and such. So it would probably remain as data somewhere, but you'd still be able to see it the way you can see the gang when they're being scanned. That's what I think, anyway. Something similar to what happens to their clothes.

I think virtualizing an animal would prove difficult because it doesn't think the same way that humans do. Since the supercompy's programmed to recognize HUMAN thought patterns, it would probably end in an error or some other flaw. Although, it may be possible for avatars to be created for them... Odd's outfit is partly based off of Kiwi from the mistake in the prequel, right?

I dunno, I'm just conjecturing.
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Next