Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:13 am

LTT3 - Rewriting Physics since 2005!

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Darth Grale » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:30 am

I dunno. maybe they could just give it a primitive AI and a long range teleportation device. maybe that would make the crearion time shorter.
.....................lll
.................llllllllllllll
.....................lll
.....................lll
98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD...
REPOST THIS iF YOU'RE ONE OF THE 2% WHO WILL.
badgerbadgerbadgerbadger MUSHROOM! MUSHROOM!
Still a MegaJesusMan
Darth Grale offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:30 pm

I was thinking of something a tad less complicated, like a homing beacon program or somesuch.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Astro-Xana » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:42 pm

Now about Xana's ghosts and Xana William's smoke, are they in the 4th state of matter (which is plasma)?

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby Kamekai » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:04 pm

Well, Xanaliam's smoke can only be defined as virtual particles, but as to Xana's Ghost? Hmm... I think since it contains electricity, it's plasma. But then again, the smoke is a gas... :umm:
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JesusFreak » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:51 pm

And can William Hear Jeremie? I mean, It's a loud voice from the sky and Nobody but the gang notices it.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Tangent128 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:17 pm

We never settled how the sound works, I think.

As far as spectres go, they're supposed to be made of nanites (which we call routers)- small computer chips that can maniputate matter at the nanoscale, with some sort of SAP (tunnel thru ZPS) linking them to the computer/Tower that generated them. So they're whatever state of matter a dustcloud is- solid or gas, depending on your point of view. Plasma would just burn whatever it touched.

Incidently... since spectres have never been seen (at least to my knowledge) to truly split into separate spectres (mass possessions seem to stay in groups), perhaps a spectre only has one SAP, and the pieces just communicate locally by EM waves?

Interesting question about spectres and smoke, though. Could they actually be the same thing? Perhaps the smoke was originally a monster type. Said monster is capable of possessing Towers (though not inhabited Avatars), then Translating itself into "reality" to start the actual attack. Smoke may even have been the original form of XANA- a cloud of routers is a Multi Agent System if I ever saw one. (Of course, the XANA system now includes other monsters, several ZPS-aware supercomputers, and at least one Avatar.)

Thank's for indulging my rambling... ;)
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Chosen_one » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:15 pm

JesusFreak wrote:And can William Hear Jeremie? I mean, It's a loud voice from the sky and Nobody but the gang notices it.
I think that maybe only the human characters can hear it, since they were born with the capability of doing so. (i.e. nothing is programmed to be able to hear; it's just that humans originally can hear and therefore can hear on Lyoko)
The Chosen One
Consul of the Republic of Destiny
Conqueror of the Empire of Fate
I have received 2480 replied notifications.
Click here to go to my 1337th post.
Click Here to view the longest thread in Lyoko Freak history.
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Kamekai » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:22 pm

Or maybe they hear it strait from their Avatar's artificial hearing program, *coughvirtualearscough* And it isn't a giant voice booming from the skies at all. >_>
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TB3 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:55 am

Nice summary of the spectres Tangent - and it's nice to see some discussion going again :)

kamekai wrote:Or maybe they hear it strait from their Avatar's artificial hearing program, *coughvirtualearscough* And it isn't a giant voice booming from the skies at all. >_>

You might have a point here - but the most recent episode gave me food for thought about another matter of hearing - i.e. whenever Jeremie seems to communicate with the kids in the scanner chamber or supercomputer room - here's a picture of Odd talking with Jeremie:

Look at Odd's hand

It's pressed to his ear! When I saw this I went back and checked, but yes, it's there - while Jeremie is talking, Odd has his fingers pressed up against his right ear, and when Jeremie stops he takes them away - very much in the manner of secret service agents communicating through earpieces.

i.e. - When in the scanner room, the kids can actually HEAR Jeremie in their ears - not through speakers in the room, but actually in their ears!
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kamekai » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:55 am

Implanted microchips? Nanao-speakers? A headache? A voice so loud it hurts his ears? >.< A Moonscoop No-No?
Last edited by Kamekai on Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby UltimaHedgie » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:53 pm

TB3 wrote:Nice summary of the spectres Tangent - and it's nice to see some discussion going again :)

kamekai wrote:Or maybe they hear it strait from their Avatar's artificial hearing program, *coughvirtualearscough* And it isn't a giant voice booming from the skies at all. >_>

You might have a point here - but the most recent episode gave me food for thought about another matter of hearing - i.e. whenever Jeremie seems to communicate with the kids in the scanner chamber or supercomputer room - here's a picture of Odd talking with Jeremie:

Look at Odd's hand

It's pressed to his ear! When I saw this I went back and checked, but yes, it's there - while Jeremie is talking, Odd has his fingers pressed up against his right ear, and when Jeremie stops he takes them away - very much in the manner of secret service agents communicating through earpieces.

i.e. - When in the scanner room, the kids can actually HEAR Jeremie in their ears - not through speakers in the room, but actually in their ears!

Odd: "Beam me up, Scotty, er, Jeremie..."

XD!

That is really weird, though...
UltimaHedgie offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Tangent128 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:13 pm

TB3 wrote:i.e. - When in the scanner room, the kids can actually HEAR Jeremie in their ears - not through speakers in the room, but actually in their ears!

That is weird... if it is an earbud/implanted microchip, then its transmitter is clearly short range. Else we wouldn't have the classic cell phone dramas...

EDIT: I've started yet another LTT wiki; the aim of this one is to try and rewrite everything, though, instead of just reposting the essays. (No offense, TB3, but they do date back to Season 2...) Hopefully this will at least allow us to review everything in light of what we've learned from S3 and part of S4. I've added an exertanium page as a starting point for now.

http://letstalktech.jottit.com/
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Jeremified » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:17 am

Sounds like a ton of work. Also, Tangent128, I think you should leave organization of the essays to TB3. Just IMO. :)
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:23 am

Hn - before we try wiki'ing everything, I'd like to pen donw some new ideas that Season 4 has inspired in me.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:29 am

Tangent128 wrote:EDIT: I've started yet another LTT wiki; the aim of this one is to try and rewrite everything, though, instead of just reposting the essays. (No offense, TB3, but they do date back to Season 2...) Hopefully this will at least allow us to review everything in light of what we've learned from S3 and part of S4. I've added an exertanium page as a starting point for now.

http://letstalktech.jottit.com/

Why make a new one? The old one's still there!(http://ltt.purplehill.net/index.php?title=Main_Page) Ok, the essays need updating, but surely that can be done with the old one just as well.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tangent128 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:55 am

Cassius335 wrote:Why make a new one? The old one's still there!(http://ltt.purplehill.net/index.php?title=Main_Page)
What do you know, it is.
Okay!
I'll take down my dupe once something new shows up on the proper wiki.
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Chosen_one » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:46 pm

Okay, guys, I think we should post stuff OTHER than just essays. Like, for example, articles, describing exertanium and all that stuff.

You know what, I'll try and make something.

On another note, does anyone think the wiki needs a new skin?
The Chosen One
Consul of the Republic of Destiny
Conqueror of the Empire of Fate
I have received 2480 replied notifications.
Click here to go to my 1337th post.
Click Here to view the longest thread in Lyoko Freak history.
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:49 pm

Chosen_one wrote:Okay, guys, I think we should post stuff OTHER than just essays. Like, for example, articles, describing exertanium and all that stuff.

Um... what's the difference? :umm:
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tangent128 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:16 pm

The essays focus more on overviewing everything and how everything fits together; they're overviews/introductions.
Articles would focus on each object/concept individually, in greater detail.
It's like the difference between Screenwriting For Dummies and the TV Tropes Wiki, I guess.

Chosen_one wrote:On another note, does anyone think the wiki needs a new skin?

Yeah; Monobook looks a little too Wikipedia-esqe. Kinda stuffy. Unfortunately, I don't know much about MediaWiki skins. I can do CSS, if that's any help.
(Also, I have an antialiased version of the image in the logo.)
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:20 pm

One minor issue: Extertanium's kinda made up.

And I can't wait for the Quantum Death article... :nyeh!:
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Kamekai » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:26 pm

W00t! Wrote the meaning (not descriptoin) of ZPS! Uhh, that's all I know, I think. :umm:
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Malkmusian » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:21 pm

Here's my theorem on the "how virtual beings become real" idea:

When the materialization process starts up, the electronic carbon atoms' quarks are rearranged to become real carbon atoms, causing the person to become real. Their virtual DNA is formed into real DNA/RNA/ATP (or NADP+) and they end up in a scanner, all real. It's vice versa with the virtualization process.
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Tangent128 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:00 pm

So, that William clone... If it were to become more intelligent, what could it actually do? Is its program constrained to one Tower?

Did Lab Rat say anything about where the Replika SCs came from? Did XANA actually build them somehow, or were they already there?

How do the Hubs work? If the Network is ZPS, are they SAPs, teleporters, portals to ZPS+?
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Kamekai » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:09 pm

How, exactly, does the SC know what all is in their stomach, anywho?
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Astro-Xana » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:57 pm

Now I have a question about the Network. Since there's obviously a such thing as the keys to Lyoko, are there also keys to the Network as well? Also, what are keys and what do they look like?

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

PreviousNext