Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:48 am

LTT3 - Rewriting Physics since 2005!

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Jazzy Josh » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:34 am

I like the logo Chosen One made.

Back on topic, I'm going to transfer the LTT Essays to the wiki.

@Jazzy Josh on Twitter.
Jazzy Josh offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Rycr » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:46 am

Hmm, I read the original LTT a while ago, and part of LTT2, and I plan on actually contributing something this time. Third time's the charm!

Anyway, Astronomical X.A.N.A., I think that they will be recreating Carthage within the supercomputer again, in order to use it as a portal to access the replikas through the internet, rather than the other way around. From the interview on codelyoko.fr and a couple other things I've read, it sounds like they're virtualized straight to Carthage, then "translated" to the replikas.

wartonchan, that image gallery code or whatever is probably just random code picked by them, rather than actual code. Still, if we wanted to have a reason for the code being there, It might have something to do with displaying the profile cards and pics. Then again, I don't know PHP at all, so I'm not much help there.

Wait, you scrapped the STM during LTT2? Now you have a system based on tachyons...which actually makes sense, from what I know about them. I better go back and read all of LTT2 at some point.

Anyway, since we're apparently moving on to the topic of software, we could, as Tangent128 said, speculate a bit about translation before season 4 comes out. Then again, we might want to work on the stuff we've already seen from the first three seasons as much as possible before we're hit with the new stuff in S4.
Rycr offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby JeremyHopper » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:22 am

Yeah, I like chosen_one's logo the best. Anyway, that's really funny what you guys found in the code. I doubt PHP would be used for programming in Lyoko. Besides, why would Jeremy type in "***ONLY EDIT BELOW THIS LINE IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!***"? The first time I saw it I kinda thought it reminded me of HTML.

As far as the tree programming on the sector 5 console goes, I think by tree they mean file tree or binary tree or some other metaphorical computer usage of the word tree.
~Sean

I reject your reality and substitute my own. -Adam Savage
JeremyHopper offline

Postby Jazzy Josh » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:49 pm

If anyone wants to help me transfer the essays over to the wiki, visit my user page at http://ltt.purplehill.net/index.php?tit ... ko_is_Cool

@Jazzy Josh on Twitter.
Jazzy Josh offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Rycr » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:14 pm

I transferred the Control Console essay. Let me know if I wikified it correctly. Also, the two images TB3 originally had taken from the show for that essay have changed so they don't show the supercomputer or anything related. He probably direct-linked them from another site.

I like chosen_one's logo best as well. And I agree with JH when he says that the trees are file trees or binary trees or something.
Rycr offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Astro-Xana » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:45 pm

Now about Sector 5 being recreated, is it just going to be a sphere with no data streams? Or is it going to have all its data streams back (and maybe even perhaps a data stream coming from the top and one from the bottom)?

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby Chosen_one » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:48 pm

I'll transfer the final LTT essay.
The Chosen One
Consul of the Republic of Destiny
Conqueror of the Empire of Fate
I have received 2480 replied notifications.
Click here to go to my 1337th post.
Click Here to view the longest thread in Lyoko Freak history.
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Jazzy Josh » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:04 pm

I see that you are currently in progress, Need any help?

By the way Rycr, I actually liked your design better.

@Jazzy Josh on Twitter.
Jazzy Josh offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Sithking Zero » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:31 pm

Astronomical X.A.N.A. wrote:Now about Sector 5 being recreated, is it just going to be a sphere with no data streams? Or is it going to have all its data streams back (and maybe even perhaps a data stream coming from the top and one from the bottom)?

I don't think it WILL be recreated. The sectors aren't going to re-appear, because they were destroyed and XANA's using the new "Islands." I forget their name at the moment. So, there's no real need for sector five or the data streams.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:47 pm

XANAcomputer wrote:In first place, Jérémie and Aelita succeed in reprogrammer the fifth territory, this that allows our hero to resume stalks it mean virus.

http://www.lyokofreak.net/forum/viewtop ... ht=#186266
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rycr » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:43 pm

Sithking Zero wrote:I don't think it WILL be recreated. The sectors aren't going to re-appear, because they were destroyed and XANA's using the new "Islands." I forget their name at the moment. So, there's no real need for sector five or the data streams.

Actually, it said in the interview that they will be recreating Carthage. I'm guessing that they need to in order to access the internet, because I don't think that they can be transferred directly to the internet, as the whole "translation" thing implies. By the way, I think the islands are called "Replikas." The interview on codelyoko.fr mentioned that the Replikas are connected to other supercomputers, right? I guess translation is the process of sending the kids across the internet and into the other supercomputer supporting the Replika. So they never actually go to the internet. Instead, they just pass through as they hop from supercomputer to supercomputer.

Slightly off-topic, but has anybody seen the season 4 preview on YouTube? It looks SO AWESOME!!!

EDIT: My new icon is from the preview. OMG AELITA HAS WINGS!!!

EDIT (again): Been rereading part of LTT and I was wondering what happened to Comex's wiki. The site is gone now, so...yeah...just wondering. Maybe the question will be answered once I read the rest of the topic. Anyway, I was thinking about wikifying the LTT episode summaries. Did you guys ever do summaries for the season 3 episodes?
Rycr offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby DELETED » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:44 am

DELETED

DELETED offline

Postby Rycr » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:47 am

wartonchan, I have that "signature under construction" thing for a reason. I'm throwing something together in photoshop, since the original image was deleted from the hosting server I used, and I can't find it on my computer. I was going to credit you the next time I edited my sig, but I might as well put it in now, so I don't forget. I'll do it when I finish this post. Thanks for reminding me!

Anyway, back on topic, I think translation would be a good thing to discuss, especially the bit mentioned in the interview on codelyoko.fr about rematerializing them in their Lyoko forms at another supercomputer. (You guys have heard about that, right?) I guess this means combining their vDNA and regular DNA to give them powers, etc., and using the Lyoko outfits instead of the real-world clothes stored on the supercomputer. I don't know how they're able to use their powers. I guess Ulrich's supersprint could possibly be attributed to his vDNA, giving him extremely powerful leg muscles or something. Triplicate probably involves the usage of an SAP to transfer matter and form two bodies, then routers to control it. Odd's sparingly-used shield could be created with SAPs that create a purple field that repels lasers, and possibly solid projectiles such as bullets, etc. as well. Yumi's telekinesis also makes use of SAPs in order to partially transfer the object to ZPE space (much like the scanners) and allow it to be moved easily by the attraction of a nearby SAP pulling on it or something, without gravity affecting it. Aelita's gaiakinesis just uses a big SAP to transfer matter to or from ZPE-space in order to modify the terrain.

I'm surprised I was able to write this. It's going on 3 AM here at the moment. I think I'll sleep for a while.

Anyway, someone want to expand on this?

By the way, TB3, the images in your articles are no longer the correct ones. I guess the URLs of the images themselves changed, as some of the pics are different, while others are not showing up at all. I'll try to find them, but it would be much easier if you knew exactly where they were or something.

I wikified the Procedures and Tachyon essays as well.
Rycr offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby TB3 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:20 pm

Thanks for the tips on the images guys.

Now then, here's something interesting.

Look Familiar?

This is a clear tube filled with radioactive Tritium gas - the inside of the tube has been coated with phosphor, which is energised and made to glow by the particle emissions of the Tritium.

Tritium has a half life of 12/13 years and emits non-penetrating particle radiation, so could be an alternative energy source to Lead-210.

Your thoughts?
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cassius335 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:50 pm

Interesting...though that might mean someone changed the battery a LOT earlier than we first thought. I thought Lead-210 was picked because it had the right half-life?
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:54 pm

Cassius335 wrote:Interesting...though that might mean someone changed the battery a LOT earlier than we first thought. I thought Lead-210 was picked because it had the right half-life?

True, true - and we know Franz aqquired the battery around the 1980s so the values match up - just tossing out ideas :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rycr » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:27 am

Hmm...the half-life is 12.32 years. That places us within a year or two of 1994! Maybe Franz got the battery in the early 1980s and changed it twelve years later in the early 1990s...

Do you think the RTTPs would affect the half-life of the battery? I mean, going back in time to relive the same day for...how long was it? Seven-ish years? That probably shortened the half-life of the battery by seven-ish years too, because the half-life would slowly continue to run out over the repeated days...

Eh, just tossing out another idea, unless it's already been solved. I REALLY need to go back and read the rest of LTT2...
Rycr offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:46 am

Rycr wrote:Do you think the RTTPs would affect the half-life of the battery? I mean, going back in time to relive the same day for...how long was it? Seven-ish years? That probably shortened the half-life of the battery by seven-ish years too, because the half-life would slowly continue to run out over the repeated days...

Hmm. Interesting thought. If I understand the loop correctly, it shouldn't, but then again...
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sithking Zero » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:26 am

Yeah, I'd think that it would use ghastly ammounts of power, but the time reversal process itself would restore any power lost.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:41 am

Sithking Zero wrote:Yeah, I'd think that it would use ghastly ammounts of power, but the time reversal process itself would restore any power lost.

True - because the time reversal doesn't 'rebuild' reality, instead events simply flow along a new course.

The battery's power loss is linear - i.e. on June 7th 1994 technically the battery only outputted a day's worth of energy, and Franz reused that same energy 2546 times.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JeremyHopper » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:29 pm

Okay you guys lost me about 5 posts ago. Are you saying that the half-life of the nuclear material in the quantum computer battery is independent of the return to the pasts (which make sense) or are you saying it's the other way around?
~Sean

JeremyHopper offline

Postby TB3 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:16 pm

JeremyHopper wrote:Okay you guys lost me about 5 posts ago. Are you saying that the half-life of the nuclear material in the quantum computer battery is independent of the return to the pasts (which make sense) or are you saying it's the other way around?

Yes, the half-life is independant of the RTTPs - if Lead-210 was obtained by Franz in 1984, it's half-life of 22 years would expire in 2006 regardless of all the RTTPs done in between.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JeremyHopper » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:11 pm

Ah. So you'd have unlimited power if you just kept returning to the past, but then the supercomputer would just get stronger so that dosen't work so well (because consequently XANA would get stronger).
Last edited by JeremyHopper on Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Sean

JeremyHopper offline

Postby Sithking Zero » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:54 pm

Well, technically, XANA doesn't get stronger when the RTTP is used, because he's independant of the supercomputer. The supercomputer, which is used by XANA, gets stronger, but XANA himself does not.

I think.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JeremyHopper » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:04 am

Oh wait, you're right. I updated my post above.
~Sean

JeremyHopper offline

PreviousNext