Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:02 am

LTT3 - Rewriting Physics since 2005!

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby JeremyHopper » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:05 pm

Well like TB3 says:

TB3 wrote:Jeremie has inmplied before (in 'Fronteir') that the computer can upload data directly without creating a subconcious-generated avatar - he seemed to be planning on using it on himself 'since I won't be fighting'.

I theorize if the computer dosen't find a subconcious it can tap into, it will simply try to virtualize into Lyoko making it look the same as before. Does that mean that the gang could virtualize guns they could use? SWEET :coolsmile:

"So whadda you need?"
"Guns. Lots of guns."

-The Matrix
~Sean

I reject your reality and substitute my own. -Adam Savage
JeremyHopper offline

Postby TB3 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:25 pm

Lol - they probably could - after all the operation of a gun is contained within it's molecular data (metal mechanisms, explosive cordite powder, sharp pointy nasty bullets :P )

Whether they would though is another - it doesn't quite fit with the...'feel' of the show, though it did extend far enough to show troops of the French army equipped with accurate sidearms and FAMAS F1 assault rifles :P

Btw - has anyone seen Son-Neko's flash video of Jeremie dreaming he's Neo from the Matrix, except in Lyoko? XD Guns an all!
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Astro-Xana » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:51 pm

Now providing there are going to be towers in Season 4, couldn't Aelita deactivate them all by an advanced method of deactivating them from the interface in Sector 5?

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby Sithking Zero » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:30 pm

First off, I don't think that they would, for several reasons:

First off: Plot device. If all they have to do is go to sector five, then what's the challenge?

Second off: If I were Franz Hopper or XANA, I would make sure to spread out the control of the system, to make sure that no one person could control the entire system from one point, unless that person was me. I wouldn't let my enemies have access to it at all. Besides, if Aelita could use the interface to deactivate a tower, then XANA could use it to activate all the towers at once, gaining nearly god-like powers.

Alternately, Aelita could use it to activate all the towers at once, and thusly destroy XANA with HER god-like powers., which would kinda ruin the allure of the show, a little.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:59 pm

Balance of power has never been one of A-XANA's prime concern's, bless him.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lani » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:50 pm

I'm sorry for randomly butting in like this, but I was talking about virtualization with my friend today when she asked an interesting question...

The question was, what happened if you were virtualized into Lyoko whilst in a coma? Would you come out awake, still asleep...? Or like a dead person: a floating, lifeless vessel for XANA's use? And what would happen if you were devirted? Would you go back to your sleeping state, or would you be awake? I know you guys have discussed how scanning can heal wounds like cuts and broken limbs... I am really curious now xD;

Thanks for your time! Haha I FEEL LIKE I'M WRITING A LETTER.
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JeremyHopper » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:50 pm

I think if someone went into Lyoko with a coma, they would still be in it in Lyoko, because they wouldn't be responding to the environment. They would also come out in a coma. That's my opinion but I'm sure someone else can think of an idea why they would lose the coma in Lyoko. BTW your not butting in at all.
~Sean

JeremyHopper offline

Postby Chosen_one » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:17 pm

Sorry if I'm interrupting anything, but LTT Wiki has been made.

Here it is. If you have any logos or anything, I'd be happy to install them.

And also, if an abiotic object were to be virtualized, I don't think it would appear. When Aelita was resurrected from the hair in the episode "Just In Time," a test tube and cork were placed into the scanner along with the hair, but only Aelita appeared due to the vDNA in the hair. The test tube disappeared and was forgotten about.
The Chosen One
Consul of the Republic of Destiny
Conqueror of the Empire of Fate
I have received 2480 replied notifications.
Click here to go to my 1337th post.
Click Here to view the longest thread in Lyoko Freak history.
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Lyoko SA80 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:52 am

TB3 wrote:Lol - they probably could - after all the operation of a gun is contained within it's molecular data (metal mechanisms, explosive cordite powder, sharp pointy nasty bullets :P )

Whether they would though is another - it doesn't quite fit with the...'feel' of the show, though it did extend far enough to show troops of the French army equipped with accurate sidearms and FAMAS F1 assault rifles :P

Btw - has anyone seen Son-Neko's flash video of Jeremie dreaming he's Neo from the Matrix, except in Lyoko? XD Guns an all!

Send the british Royal marines/SAS in or the french speical forces their would the job oucikly and pro like.

Fighting for a world without danger

SAFEDGUARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lyoko SA80 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Tangent128 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:29 pm

TB3 wrote:In regards to Tangent's thought, we don't feel the supercomputer 'understands' the workings of the human mind to that extend - evidence in the show suggests the supercomputer simply imputs the atomic data of the scanned subject's mind into Lyoko's particle simulation system, and then the mind operates as an independant, autonomous function. All the computer need interpret is how the impulses from the mind translate into body motions, and how to feed 'sight', 'sound' and touch etc to the brain in return as similar impulses.

And that's all it really needs to do. Glad that's cleared up!

Yay! Wiki's up! If I weren't so rushed right now, I'd post the link to a potential logo I'd created in LTT II. To those who saw it, is it good enough for now?
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JeremyHopper » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:17 pm

Here's my idea of a logo.

Thoughts?
~Sean

JeremyHopper offline

Postby YDV » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:41 pm

I like it.

xD; My idea would be like a picture of the supercomputer and it says like, "LTT. n00bs." or something. But that's just me. (I don't have time to make it right now, so...)
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Naton » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:22 pm

The effect on the colored area looks nice, and the shadow, it would make a cool little sig addition since it's a bit blotchy in that size.

Had nothing better to do, (6:20 am? where did the night go..) What do nuts and bolts have to do with the high-tech rhealm of Lyoko? I don't know!
~Secretly Supporting Spambots~
Naton offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby JeremyHopper » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:04 pm

Actually the shadowing just looks screwed up on here, on the wikisite it would be transparent. All in all, it would fit in better on the LTT wiki.
~Sean

JeremyHopper offline

Postby Tangent128 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:15 pm

Both logos are nice; the first one's color scheme seems a little gloomy, though... could the text's outline be changed to a brighter, possibly higher-wavelength color?
Nuts and bolts are fine, too, since that's what we're picking Lyoko down to.

This is a background tile I'd made earlier:
For my logo submission, I would use a merging of the lower two screens, but I have too many programs running (2 web browsers, one w/ ~60 tabs, and a media player) to start up POV-Ray right now.

And another tech question:
Are the towers the direct links to the outside world, or are they the access points to those links? i.e. if a wire was cut, would the tower be useless, or could it still be directly operated from the inside?
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Chosen_one » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:06 pm

Like this?
The Chosen One
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby DELETED » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:48 am

DELETED
Last edited by DELETED on Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DELETED offline

Postby Sithking Zero » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:05 am

Perhaps those were part of files used as a maintenance program for the forest sector, at least, until it got destroyed? That would make sense, for repairing the trees and land masses.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby DELETED » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:19 pm

DELETED

DELETED offline

Postby Tangent128 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:14 pm

Maybe the forest maintenance is on the first page of options? After all, that sector would probably have needed it the most. ;)

Oooh, Chosen One's mockup looks nicer than I thought! I've rendered it more cleanly here:
(larger version here)
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Sithking Zero » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:10 pm

Maybe Aelita likes the trees XD.

Perhaps the maintenance programs show up before actual surfing of the data can begin, so that if the admin was looking through the data, he wouldn't have to troll through tons of data to get to the "Sector Stats."
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Astro-Xana » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:33 pm

Sithking Zero wrote:First off, I don't think that they would, for several reasons:

First off: Plot device. If all they have to do is go to sector five, then what's the challenge?

Second off: If I were Franz Hopper or XANA, I would make sure to spread out the control of the system, to make sure that no one person could control the entire system from one point, unless that person was me. I wouldn't let my enemies have access to it at all. Besides, if Aelita could use the interface to deactivate a tower, then XANA could use it to activate all the towers at once, gaining nearly god-like powers.

Alternately, Aelita could use it to activate all the towers at once, and thusly destroy XANA with HER god-like powers., which would kinda ruin the allure of the show, a little.

Now I'm sure in Season 4 that Xana will become so powerful that he will be able to activate multiple towers in a way of gaining nearly god-like powers just like you said, but even without Sector 5 being recreated yet. Therefore, when they do recreate Sector 5 (I'm thinking within the Internet which will eventually become that red city, but at first will look normal) to track Xana, that should at first keep Xana from infecting the Internet for a while due to the fact that Sector 5 is a military project designed to block enemy communications (Xana being the enemy with him being blocked from infecting the Internet) as I explained in this post a while ago:

http://www.lyokofreak.net/forum/viewtop ... &start=961

Now my prediction of Sector 5 being recreated did come true and if what I said about it being recreated within the Internet (an exception being Lyoko) is true as well, that would make it sort of a major prediction. But if what what I'm saying about it blocking Xana out of the Internet as well is true also, then that would make it a major prediction. I'm thinking that to begin with, Xana was one with Carthage (which is obviously his home) from the beginning which is why it didn't keep him out and also because it was designed to comply with Xana. But once it was destroyed, I'm thinking that it actually separated Xana from his own home in a way besides simply losing the data. Therefore, when they recover Sector 5, that would recover the data and will also make Xana separate from his own home in a way even though the gang can still use it to track Xana.

Except now, they must recreate Sector 5 differently in which it does still contain Xana's memory which will enable them to track Xana, but they must recreate it much more powerful than before (within the Internet) to keep Xana who has become much more powerful from affecting the Internet. In other words, Xana's home is different now that it has been recreated more powerful than ever (with its ability as a military project designed to block enemy communications much more powerful).

So now when Xana activates multiple towers on his own (which will practically be all of the towers considering how powerful he will become in Season 4), Aelita can go to Sector 5 and operate the interface in deactivating them all. Xana will become outraged by this, but he can do nothing about it since he can't gain access to the Internet nor his own home contained within the Internet which has banned him from the Internet.

But judging from the Season 4 preview with Odd shooting a laser arrow at a creeper in Sector 5, that tells me that Xana will become so powerful that he will be able to break through the defenses of Sector 5 and take over it which would make it "Xana Carthage" and also the Internet as well (which might be that red city [it being red because the color red usually means Xana]).

But anyway, this new method of deactivating towers through the interface will become somewhat difficult at first as they will have to battle Xana's other forces contained on the Replikas before they actually go into Sector 5 contained within the Internet. But then it will become very difficult once Xana takes over and introduces his new monsters in Sector 5 contained within this red city (the Internet) as the gang will now be facing monsters in the Internet as well as in Sector 5.

Also, I'm sure this would be a balance of power because we would have Jeremy and Franz Hopper teaming up with their knowledge (perhaps Franz Hopper will become materialized later in Season 4) and Xana who has become undoubtedly powerful with his ability of activating multiple towers, eventually taking over the Internet and Sector 5, not to mention, his loyal minion, Xana William!

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby Chosen_one » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:06 pm

wartonchan wrote:
Sithking Zero wrote:Perhaps those were part of files used as a maintenance program for the forest sector, at least, until it got destroyed? That would make sense, for repairing the trees and land masses.

Possible, but one wonders why it shows up /every/ time she accesses the interface.

** Script-wise, they picked up this code because it looks cool, and put it into the interface readout. :P
Yeah, I think you're right, wartonchan. I'm pretty sure that Moonscoop didn't plan on 11-year-old kids figuring out what that means. They just want to make it look complicated, like those sine/cosine graphs (I can't remember which) that keep showing up even though I'm sure that nothing on Lyoko makes a perfect sine/cosine wave graph.

Tangent128 wrote:Oooh, Chosen One's mockup looks nicer than I thought! I've rendered it more cleanly here:
Thanks! Mine's only bad because I used the forum's picture uploading service. The red "LTT_" and the XANA symbol remind me of CODE XANA.
The Chosen One
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TB3 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:04 pm

Hi guys - just dropping in to apologise for my frequent absences of late, which will continue for another day or two - it's been hectic here - the Christmas/New Years Holidays are ending and tommorrow I make the 200-mile drive back to university.

Once settled back into the cradle of knowledge (and hard drinking), I'll be back in full force. :D
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DELETED » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:25 pm

DELETED

DELETED offline

PreviousNext