Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 1:05 pm

LTT3 - Rewriting Physics since 2005!

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Kamekai » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:42 pm

Franz's Avatar, by any chance? :*D
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby zex marquise » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:40 pm

Well, Mr. Hopper did virtualize as a bunch of light particles. Of course, he said it was because he didn't have enough power to manifest completely. Perhaps his way of telling Aelita that he was crazy.
My other car is a gundam.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Kamekai » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:50 am

And then, when he was totally wasted and high, he just did a RTTP to start it all over again. :drink:

k, something I never got. How does Jeremie wirelessly connect with Lyoko? Wi-fi?
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Malkmusian » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:55 pm

I don't know, either.
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Malkmusian » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:56 pm

I don't know, either.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby zex marquise » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:02 pm

I can sense the moderators coming for you, Marriote. Bad double-poster.

I think he uses regular wi-fi like everyone else. He would have to use whatever was at his disposal at Kadic Academy. He definitely has encryption, though.
My other car is a gundam.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Malkmusian » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:15 pm

My computer loaded too slow, so it double posted. It's not really my fault.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Kamekai » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:16 pm

Mine does tha, all the time, too. You can just delete it. ;)
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Malkmusian » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:19 pm

I can't delete it, Kamekai.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Kamekai » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:21 pm

Then don't. >_>

K, back on topic. How does noone else no about it if he's using friggen Wi-fi? It's not like you can make the waves invisible... is it? :S
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Tangent128 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:38 pm

If Jeremie's using encryption, then any eavesdropper would only pick up gibberish unless they knew the decryption key. 128-bit keys and higher are hard enough that they can't be easily decipered using pre-Carthage tech. Anyways, I doubt anybody in range is running a Wi-Fi sniffer.

I've been wondering... what is that "hub" wormhole thing in the Network? If the Network is ZPS, then something has to be generating it. Is the SC maintaining that as well as Lyoko, is some other entity responsible for it, or is it a purely natural phenominon? :umm:
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Kamekai » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:41 pm

wait-- the network is ZPS? I thought just the hub was. :umm:
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TB3 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:34 pm

Tangent128 wrote:I've been wondering... what is that "hub" wormhole thing in the Network? If the Network is ZPS, then something has to be generating it. Is the SC maintaining that as well as Lyoko, is some other entity responsible for it, or is it a purely natural phenominon? :umm:

The Network I now believe to be a natural phenomenon - a Quantum Space (Zero Point Space) in where energy and virtual particles align along energy signitures from our world - in this case the energy generated by data-processors, electrical machinery, the internet and so-forth (we had a theory similar to this before, which we used to explain how the supercomputer can sense and track objects in reality).

The hubs however look to me more like...constructs - means developed by either Franz, Project Carthage or persons unknown for physical entities in ZPS to travel along data streams in order to move from one location to another very quickly.

Hows that sound?
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tangent128 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:25 pm

Makes sense. But who built them? Maybe future Network episodes will shed some light. Since the two seen so far are by Lyoko and a Replika, it's reasonable to assume they're part of the Lyokian blueprints for now, as an exterior structure. XANA would have kept them to facilitate transporting William (and maybe monsters- we haven't seen any materialized in Lyoko since XANA's escape, but we did see a Creeper warp out of the Sector 5 data barrier).

Also, what is the Network's scale compared to reality? Is a foot to the Avatars a foot in reality? Do the Network and reality even overlap linearly, or is it more like Slipspace?

Finally, some terminology questions. "Reality" is a rather chavenistic term, since ZPS is just as real. So what do we call 2D-land? Also, is there a generic term we can use for both Lyoko and the Replikas? (and, if Carthage plays a role in the future, any ZPS structures they may have?)
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:57 am

TB3 wrote:
Tangent128 wrote:I've been wondering... what is that "hub" wormhole thing in the Network? If the Network is ZPS, then something has to be generating it. Is the SC maintaining that as well as Lyoko, is some other entity responsible for it, or is it a purely natural phenominon? :umm:

The Network I now believe to be a natural phenomenon - a Quantum Space (Zero Point Space) in where energy and virtual particles align along energy signitures from our world - in this case the energy generated by data-processors, electrical machinery, the internet and so-forth (we had a theory similar to this before, which we used to explain how the supercomputer can sense and track objects in reality).

Basically the local, more realism-based version of The Force? :P
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Astro-Xana » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:55 am

You already know that in the episode "Double Take" Xana created two towers (one real and one fake). Now if the Skid were to dock to a fake tower Xana created and the Lyoko gang were to get translated to a certain part of the world, what would happen? Also, what would happen if right before the Lyoko gang gets translated that Xana activates the tower and the Lyoko gang gets translated once the tower has been activated?

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby Sithking Zero » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:13 am

Astronomical X.A.N.A. wrote:You already know that in the episode "Double Take" Xana created two towers (one real and one fake). Now if the Skid were to dock to a fake tower Xana created and the Lyoko gang were to get translated to a certain part of the world, what would happen? Also, what would happen if right before the Lyoko gang gets translated that Xana activates the tower and the Lyoko gang gets translated once the tower has been activated?

When has it been said that the Skid docks with towers? We've never seen it happen. I mean, "Replika" was the first time that they parked the Skid, and they needed no tower in order to do that.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Astro-Xana » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:46 pm

If you seen episode #80 Laboratory Rat from the Israel spoilers, then you would know what I'm talking about.

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby Kamekai » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:17 am

Well I haven't, and won't, so please don't bring it up yet. :)

I *hate* spoilers...
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JesusFreak » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:46 pm

Um, I have another question. In the Incredibles, didn't Syndrome use Zero point energy? Is there any similarity between All these theories about Lyoko's inner workings and Syndrome's Inventions?

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Tangent128 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:53 pm

The name "Zero Point Space" came from Syndrome, but unless Syndrome's hover beam things are similar to spectres, then there's no other connection.
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Astro-Xana » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:54 pm

.....ooookay, so it turns out that after watching "The Lake," that I was right about the Scyphozoa attacking the ship:

http://codexana.net/lyokofreak/forum/vi ... rus#213717

This is obviously a prediction I came up with on July 07 (a VERY long time ago). And I know that I may seem like a person that comes up with wild crazy ideas (as stated in a response by TB3 to this idea of mine that came true), but it actually turns out that I'm not that farfetched of a person after all as this idea has actually came true!

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:33 pm

We don't care. Really. :arg:
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Astro-Xana » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:55 pm

Cassius335 wrote:We don't care. Really. :arg:

Well, it's worth discussing because we now know that the Scyphozoa can attack the ship. Also, about my idea that came true, consider it as information "from the future." In other words, yes, when it comes to this episode (the present), I did get some things wrong which is that for one, the Scyphozoa didn't succeed in attacking the ship, and two, it didn't implant a virus into the ship. But from a future standpoint, my idea is actually more in depth than just being right because in a future episode, the Scyphozoa might actually succeed in attacking the ship and might actually implant a virus into it which would result in the Skid going on a collision course just like I said.

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:08 pm

I'll rephrase: We don't care about your "ideas that came true". The amount of bull droppings you come up with, I'm not surprised a few correct details slipped in.

And July 07 was last month.
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext