Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 11:40 pm

LTT3 - Rewriting Physics since 2005!

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:48 pm

Y'know, I was thinking. Xana used the growing power of the SuperComputer to furthur his attack abilities, but yet if he's using different supercomputers, does that mean that it's power increases even more? Or posssibly that Xana still needs to attack through the gang's supercomputer to make a powerful effect?
So about these new supercomputers, Xana must've started using them fairly recently, because one would think that he'd attack from one of the replikas, not Lyoko. It seems like the mo0st strategic thing to do, put the most difference between the activated towers and Aelita.
Or maybe it's that XANA has not actually used he computers fully, but instead just dumped a bunch of data on it to make the sector replikas But in order to use them fully to attack, he needs more power. And if he was gaining that power from the attacks from the original Lyoko, it's a pretty sweet deal. That way, he gets the power he needs, get's several potential chances to kill off the kids, and it all looks like a regular attack scheme.
In addition, he could be pressuring to keep Aelita alive so he can gain more power. Sort of ike gambling, you never know if you have enough, but there's always the chance of losing it all.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby TB3 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:49 am

AngelBolt wrote:Y'know, I was thinking. Xana used the growing power of the SuperComputer to furthur his attack abilities, but yet if he's using different supercomputers, does that mean that it's power increases even more? Or posssibly that Xana still needs to attack through the gang's supercomputer to make a powerful effect?
So about these new supercomputers, Xana must've started using them fairly recently, because one would think that he'd attack from one of the replikas, not Lyoko. It seems like the mo0st strategic thing to do, put the most difference between the activated towers and Aelita.
Or maybe it's that XANA has not actually used he computers fully, but instead just dumped a bunch of data on it to make the sector replikas But in order to use them fully to attack, he needs more power. And if he was gaining that power from the attacks from the original Lyoko, it's a pretty sweet deal. That way, he gets the power he needs, get's several potential chances to kill off the kids, and it all looks like a regular attack scheme.
In addition, he could be pressuring to keep Aelita alive so he can gain more power. Sort of ike gambling, you never know if you have enough, but there's always the chance of losing it all.

Hmm - you do raise a point - conventionally I'd argue that XANA would no-longer get stronger from RTTPs because he's no longer hooked into a computer that can 'teach' itself from such a scenario - yet XANA clearly is 'remembering' RTTPs and learning from them.

Therefore, either XANA still has a considerable bond to the supercomputer and thus remembers 'defacto', or with a bit of reprogramming and some devious hacks of the supercomputer, he's granted 'RTTP immunity' to his new homes - thus not only do these new supercomputers 'remember' events, but with a bit of effort XANA might be able to teach them the whole 'RTTP processing boost' trick - thus making them serious contenders for taking on the 'classic' supercomputer - granted it has a headstart on the whole 'number of qubits' shtick, but if XANA has corrupted a suitible number of rival machines...

Could all this culminate in a 'brute-force' systemic attack by XANA's computers on Jeremie's? Truly it would be a battle the likes of which the world hath never seen!
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tangent128 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:22 am

Perhaps a RTTP affects all of ZPS?
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Reesane » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:21 pm

TB3 wrote:
AngelBolt wrote:Y'know, I was thinking. Xana used the growing power of the SuperComputer to furthur his attack abilities, but yet if he's using different supercomputers, does that mean that it's power increases even more? Or posssibly that Xana still needs to attack through the gang's supercomputer to make a powerful effect?

Hmm - you do raise a point - conventionally I'd argue that XANA would no-longer get stronger from RTTPs because he's no longer hooked into a computer that can 'teach' itself from such a scenario - yet XANA clearly is 'remembering' RTTPs and learning from them.

Therefore, either XANA still has a considerable bond to the supercomputer and thus remembers 'defacto', or with a bit of reprogramming and some devious hacks of the supercomputer, he's granted 'RTTP immunity' to his new homes - thus not only do these new supercomputers 'remember' events, but with a bit of effort XANA might be able to teach them the whole 'RTTP processing boost' trick - thus making them serious contenders for taking on the 'classic' supercomputer - granted it has a headstart on the whole 'number of qubits' shtick, but if XANA has corrupted a suitible number of rival machines...

Could all this culminate in a 'brute-force' systemic attack by XANA's computers on Jeremie's? Truly it would be a battle the likes of which the world hath never seen!

I just think the computers have a limmited range of attack. That's why we never see XANA taking over Russa from the SC in France.
Mood today: O_o

made by CBIzumi

made by Carth
Reesane offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:37 pm

He took over a sattelite in orbit. Russia's not going to be much of a stretch.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tangent128 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:01 pm

Hacking the satellite was rather difficult for XANA, though. Didn't it have to hack some antennas first? And that was line-of-sight. To reach Russia, XANA would probably have to go school antenna -> TV antenna -> satellite -> Russian device every time. Of course, spectres from space would be cool...
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JesusFreak » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:11 pm

Exccuse me, I just noticed something. Was it just me or in the Flashbacks from the ep "Aelita", when Franz teleported out of the tower, didn't the whole base flash white? Does that mean anything?

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby TB3 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:51 pm

Some new News btw - the Supercomputer apparently has a cooling system according to an ep aired in France - my initial thought was to weep that Exertainium has been disproved, but then realised that the supercomputer could still be a room-temperature superconductor:

If it is a room-temperature supercomputer, possibly those tolerances only a valid within a very fine range of temperatures - any minor temperature rise (say from ambient heat or from mechanical systems) would cause a loss of superconductivity - this would reduce processing capacity, the supercomputer would have to work harder to support itself, causing temperatures to rise again, resulting in a continuing cycle that will eventually cause a complete system failure, thus a cooling system of some description is necessary.

This sound acceptable? :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:53 pm

Sure does!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:45 pm

TB3 wrote:Some new News btw - the Supercomputer apparently has a cooling system according to an ep aired in France - my initial thought was to weep that Exertainium has been disproved, but then realised that the supercomputer could still be a room-temperature superconductor:

If it is a room-temperature supercomputer, possibly those tolerances only a valid within a very fine range of temperatures - any minor temperature rise (say from ambient heat or from mechanical systems) would cause a loss of superconductivity - this would reduce processing capacity, the supercomputer would have to work harder to support itself, causing temperatures to rise again, resulting in a continuing cycle that will eventually cause a complete system failure, thus a cooling system of some description is necessary.

This sound acceptable? :)

Yep. You wouldn't expect even a room-temperature supercomputer to still fuction when "room temperature" currently equals "Gas Mark 5". I wonder if they've got heating systems of some sort in case things get too cold?

Besides, for all you know, Extertainium's been written into one of the later episodes. :nyeh!:
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Chosen_one » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:06 pm

Really? That's soo cool!

By the way, on a side note, does anyone still use the LTT wiki?
The Chosen One
Consul of the Republic of Destiny
Conqueror of the Empire of Fate
I have received 2480 replied notifications.
Click here to go to my 1337th post.
Click Here to view the longest thread in Lyoko Freak history.
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SilverPrince » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:58 pm

There's an LTT wiki? That would help me so much.

Anyway, I finally saw the episode "Bragging Rights" and some questions arose. Perhaps even a theory! This doesn't happen much, so cherish the moment.

When the Replika was destroyed, and even when Lyoko was destroyed in Final Round, or the various sectors, you would think they would simply vanish. In the Replika's case, the computer containing it's data was short circuted. Thus, the data was either destroyed or in some way rendered unusable. If the data is gone, then shouldn't the Replika just vanish instead of gradually fading away? And if the supercomputer is reactivated, the Replika begins to- in Odd's words- "Regenerate". So, the answer is this: The data isn't instantly purged. That's probably painfully obvious to all you regular techie folks.

Which leads me to this next question: What happens to said data? I mean it's not like you can just right click "Replika.jpg" and click "Delete" and then clear the Recycle Bin. When the Supercomputer is "incapacitated" the data isn't instantly destroyed or "incapacitated". It fades away somehow, gradually erased, as if there's some secondary memory protocol slowing the deletion just long enough to perhaps do something about it. A failsafe from Franz? Or something of XANA's design? And if the supercomputer is reactivated before the Replika is gone forever, the secondary memory protocol restores the data. My questions are:

Is there such thing as this Secondar Memory Protocol or am I just spouting impossibility?
If it does exist, how does it work?
If not, why doesn't it just pop out of existence?

And of course the gradual deletion thing could just be a normal thing with computers, I don't know enough about them to know at all. If that's the case... be nice on the noob, hmm?

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:01 pm

Presumably a Virtual Sector is a HUGE program and it takes time to decompile it.
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby SilverPrince » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:30 pm

Oh dear gosh, I feel incredibly stupid. Even I could have thought of that.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby timekitten » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:32 pm

The Replika dying and regenerating looks no different than when Lyoko lost power in Common Interest. It sounds to me like a backup/restore point. Say if a quick power outage shut down your computer while you were typing a paper. Even if you forgot to save it, most computers periodically save a backup of your progress so you'll have something to got back to and finish. The virtual worlds must work similarly. And as long as the basic data is still there, the Replikas/Lyoko can reconstruct themselves. After all, we've seen countless times were a laser blasted the ground and exposed those electronic wire. But do they remain open from losing that specific area data? No, the spot is reconstructed.

That's my take on it anyway.
ImageImage
timekitten offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Astro-Xana » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:48 pm

As you are aware, Aelita has the ability to generate balls of energy in both of her hands and generate an attraction between them in blocking against energy waves from Megatanks. Therefore, could Aelita do the same thing in the real world as well?

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby Kamekai » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:52 pm

Nah. But that would be awesome. Like in "Garage Kids," and Yumi's telekineses. *_*
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Tangent128 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:33 pm

Cassius335 wrote:Presumably a Virtual Sector is a HUGE program and it takes time to decompile it.

True, but cutting power isn't a safe shutdown- it's an instant one, so the computer wouldn't be decompiling it. I think the theory was that Lyoko/Replikas actually exist in ZPS. So, the slow disappearance is due to the instability of objects in ZPS. The regeneration is just the Replika program repairing the existing world, instead of creating a new one.

So, did "Lab Rat" say how the Replika was made, or who built the Amazon SC?
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Chosen_one » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:44 pm

About the sector deleting thing, this whole time I've assumed that the Supercomputer stores enough energy so that it can sustain itself for a while if it gets destroyed. And the portions of the sector that are deleted would represent portions of the computer that are losing power. That's my take on it, anyway.
The Chosen One
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby jaimehlers » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:40 pm

Astronomical X.A.N.A. wrote:As you are aware, Aelita has the ability to generate balls of energy in both of her hands and generate an attraction between them in blocking against energy waves from Megatanks. Therefore, could Aelita do the same thing in the real world as well?

Like all of the kids, Aelita's special powers are linked to Lyoko. That doesn't count things like muscle memory, which is probably why Odd was able to do the vaulting horse trick so well, or why Ulrich was able to fight using a sword analog in that episode where XANA brought those crabs to reality. So no, Aelita has no special powers outside of Lyoko, just like the other three. Well, unless they get translated from the virtual world.

Regarding the supercomputer's ability to keep Lyoko (or the Replikas) active for a time despite loss of power, it's actually probably not dissimilar to the effect that happens in World of Warcraft where a player quits the game improperly and their character stays there for a time and can be acted on. Think of it as if the virtual reality system, having been improperly shut down, was not being supported from the host supercomputer, but that the actual network it's located on was still maintaining it until it finished clearing it out of memory.

jaimehlers offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Kamekai » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:56 pm

Or maybe think of it this way. When you manually shut down your computer by cutting the power, You can stil hear it closing down and stopping itself for a few seconds after you pull the plug. Electricity still runs through the microchips for a very short time. Now magnify your computer's size, memory, RAM, And power consumption by about... let's say, 3000 times. =/
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Chosen_one » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:46 pm

kamekai wrote:Or maybe think of it this way. When you manually shut down your computer by cutting the power, You can stil hear it closing down and stopping itself for a few seconds after you pull the plug. Electricity still runs through the microchips for a very short time. Now magnify your computer's size, memory, RAM, And power consumption by about... let's say, 3000 times. =/
That's basically what I was saying. There's still some energy that has yet to be used.
The Chosen One
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Astro-Xana » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:37 pm

I have a question regarding the translation process. First off, does each Replika have only one tower? Also, if the tower of a Replika were to be activated red (like in translating William to the real world or translating monsters as well) and the Skid were to dock to this activated tower, if the Lyoko gang were to get translated into the real world, would that turn the red aura around the tower to a green aura, thus resulting in William or the monsters in the real world disappearing (returning back)?

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:07 am

If they could do that, they wouldn't bother destroying the other Supercomputers, they'd just make a waypoint and modify things so that they could virtualise there directly. After all, they devirtualise from Replika's just fine.
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tangent128 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:56 am

For a "waypoint", they could theoretically make a second Skid and just leave it at the Replika, right?

Of course, with the creation time and need to defend it, it wouldn't be practical...
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

PreviousNext