Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:54 am

LTT3 - Rewriting Physics since 2005!

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Lyokosui » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:39 pm

SilverPrince wrote: I mean, things like triplication or even telekinesis are relatively easy to do in a computer-created environment. I think. But actually seeing into the future... I would think that's a few ballparks away.

It depends. Seeing into the future is variable on the amount of time forward the vision sees and the accuracy of the vision. The Timestream flows into billions of different directions, so finding the timestream that will occur is like fishing for a tiny red fish in an aquarium filled of tiny blue fish...I know, but it was the best analogy I could think of. However, the closer the future is to predict, the more accurate the vision will be. It is easier to see three minutes than three years.

So, it is possible to see the future if only a few minutes ahead. Since the events of the timestream can be mathematically calculated based on the personalities of persons involved, environment, and chaotic probability(The cow falling from the sky in every Earthworm Jim episode).

Basically, it is true that seeing the future is harder to do than triplication and telekinesis. But I say that it is possible.
Fictional Conversation after the Episode "Routine:

Ulrich - "You couldn't wait, could you?"
Jeremy - "What are you talking about?"
*Ulrich grabs and lifts Jeremy by his collar.
Ulrich - "I was this close to tasting her porcelain lips. We weren't in any danger, but noooo! You had to return to the past anyway!"
*Jeremy sniffles as Aelita appears on screen and rolls her eyes
Aelita - Ulrich, put him down.

Lyokosui offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby SilverPrince » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:52 pm

Lyokosui wrote:Basically, it is true that seeing the future is harder to do than triplication and telekinesis. But I say that it is possible.

I wasn't arguing that it was impossible, I was just saying that it would probably consume quite a bit of resources compared to the other powers, which would give Jeremie a motivation to get rid of it.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby SearchingLyoko » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:09 am

Lyoko is Cool wrote:It could just be the computer calculating the most probable result. Then again, we never saw an instance where it failed.

There weren't that many instances that they used it... (Like... twice)

The less it happens, the less chance of it messing up.
SearchingLyoko Delenda Est.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Re: LTT3 - Rewriting Physics since 2005!

Postby TheAppleFreak » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:46 pm

With Evolution in mere days, I figure it would be a good time to pull out the defibrillators and revive a sacred part of LF tradition.

According to the leaked info, the Ice and Forest Sectors went poof and disappeared. It was passed off as being a side effect of the supercomputer being off for so long (two years), but if that's the case, why didn't anything disappear when Franz Hopper shut down the supercomputer in 1994 (either ten or twelve years, need to rewatch Lyoko Decoded)?
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Soul Jelly » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:07 pm

Maybe stuff did disappear back then. There could have been tons and tons of Sectors. Or, maybe that's where the volcano sector went...

Okay that's a bit of a weak theory but it's all I've got right now. :P
Soul Jelly offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:46 pm

Might it be better off starting a "Let's Talk Tech: Evolved?" thread over in Evolution Discussion? Regardless...

I'm assuming the missing sectors are less to do with in-story stuff and more to do with CLE's accountants not being willing to pay for all five sectors. Which further tells me that someone on Evolutions staff has really lousy taste in sectors if they decided to Fridge the two most interesting ones from the original four.

That said: Wonder if Jeremie has the Lyoko backup Franz sent him at the start of S4? If so, no reason he couldn't revive the missing sectors from that. Though if merely turning it off wiped out two sectors, perhaps the supercomputer is in dire need of some sort of maintenance/repair...

EDIT: Two years? Was under the impression the skip was only a matter of months (somewhere between 2-6)...
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Soul Jelly » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:35 pm

Yeah, you're most likely right. I still like coming up with in-story solutions though. (Seriously, Forest was the best; the Mountain sector is so plain to me.)

Nope, Ulrich/Odd were 14 at the end of the original series, and now they're 16.
Soul Jelly offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:32 pm

Soul Jelly wrote:Nope, Ulrich/Odd were 14 at the end of the original series, and now they're 16.

Could be a few explanations there:

1) CL:E is a different universe, but has more or less inhereted the continuity of the old one, allowing both things to be true.

2) Someone on the staff aged up the characters to lessen the Dawson Casting. Also allows both things to be true, but we weren't supposed to notice.

3) As evidenced by Spectromania, the Writers have a problem with basic math; someone may screwed up this as well...
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:20 pm

Cassius335 wrote:3) As evidenced by Spectromania, the Writers have a problem with basic math; someone may screwed up this as well...

I'm actually not sure if that's a math fail or not. Going by Team Subsonic's sub for episode 1, XANA was not brought back to life on Lyoko, but rather elsewhere (the Cortex), which implies that Alan Meyer was able to supply the difference in source code.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby lyokotech » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:24 pm

There is also an issue regarding the source code concept itself. Waldo spent 2546 days + about 7 years (give or take depending on how old Aelita was when Anthea was taken) writing the code (+plus reused code from cartage). To compare, newest version of the linux kernel currently has about 15 million lines of code, and can fit inside a floppy disk and still runs on ancient original 386 processors (until the next version) when compiled. The original kernel was released in 1992 (20 years so far), so development times are similar, and the linux kernel involved hundreds of thousands of the best developers in the world.

This presents two issues, the first one is why does it take so long for the specters to steal the source code if it's so small? The other issue is, if the source code is actually large in size, how could Hopper have written all of that code given only the time in carthage plus those 13 or so years? According to the end credit picture the carthage team wasn't that large.

lyokotech offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Cassius335 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:00 am

TheAppleFreak wrote:
Cassius335 wrote:3) As evidenced by Spectromania, the Writers have a problem with basic math; someone may screwed up this as well...

I'm actually not sure if that's a math fail or not. Going by Team Subsonic's sub for episode 1, XANA was not brought back to life on Lyoko, but rather elsewhere (the Cortex), which implies that Alan Meyer was able to supply the difference in source code.

Possible, but that then would imply Jeremie is somehow aware of that 22%...

lyokotech wrote:This presents two issues, the first one is why does it take so long for the specters to steal the source code if it's so small? The other issue is, if the source code is actually large in size, how could Hopper have written all of that code given only the time in carthage plus those 13 or so years? According to the end credit picture the carthage team wasn't that large.

Possibly it takes so long to steal code because the data transfer rate of a hug is very poor (plus taking data from an organic interface not set up for such is perhaps less efficent than doing so from a hard drive/microchip).

Also, it's possible the source code was small when it was originally written, only to grow as XANA evolved.
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby McTrooperNow » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:13 pm

Missing Ice and Forest Sectors

What is the very nature of the sectors? (not sure if this has been debated yet)
Are they completely static? Or perhaps they are only partially static and the rest is generated randomly according to a program or fractal something or other. Perhaps the code to randomly generate those sectors was damaged.

I can't image there would be too much expense generation any particular sector. If there is a non-story reason it may be that these sectors were used frequently and someone thought they should use the other sectors.
Image Image
Signature Image made from TB3's original art.
---- Iron Lyoko - (A Code Lyoko Fan Fiction Story) ----
McTrooperNow offline
New Kid
New Kid

Previous