Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:13 pm

Parents

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Parents

Postby Enki » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:08 pm

We've seen Yumi and Ulrich's parents. I hope in the second season, they show Jeremie and Odd's parents. Do you think they'll have a good relationship with their parents or do you think they'll have problems with their parents like Yumi and Ulrich did. Also, they should make an episode explaining why Sissi doesn't seem to have a mother around.
Enki offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Star Way » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:13 pm

I think I read somewhere that Odd's parents are like... artists or something. :P I don't remember where, though. It would be awesome to "meet the parents", though. ;)
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby OB-waN » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:23 pm

That whould be cool, I think Odd's parents whould be a complete 360 from him.

Jeremie's parents are super smart, they must be.
This user has been banned.

OB-waN offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Location: In some galaxy, fighting with my Ominwrench 8000!!!

Postby MY85 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:32 pm

What do I think about the parents? I'll give out what I think for the CL characthers.

In Yumi's case, going the way her parents did on Season 1, I'm betting that maybe they will show (or mention, which would be more logical) them divorcing. If that happens, I wonder how would that event take effect on Yumi. I think both of them are Yumi's biological parents, unless one of them isn't and Yumi gets to learn the truth. That would be somehow interesting.

Ulrich's parents seem okay, they're not like the Ishiyama, fighting and arguing 24-7 (at least, on-camera). I don't know what else to say about them.

About Odd: We haven't seen them yet, unless they died when he was young, or alive, but left him in a foster home when he was a baby. Or they could be alive (not necessarily it has to be the two of them). In Holiday Fog, Odd said he was going to visit his family. But when he faked the phone call (Jeremie was the one who phoned him) close to the cops at the airport, he didn't said "Mom" or "Dad", he said "Grandma". Maybe he lives with his grandparents, or maybe he had "grandma" first in mind for that call. Odd's something unknown in this aspect of the "parents".

Jeremie: His parents are alive (for the moment), but for one moment at Plagued (I hope I'm not mistaken) many of us pointed that his family wasn't rich, because of the fact that he could move to a better school (expensive for sure), given his IQ. And we don't know if the laptop he bought it used or new. His parent's economical situation isn't defined yet. Let's hope we might see them on Season 2 and learn more about them.

Sissi: We all know about her dad. What would be interesting to know is how he got to get the principle job at Kadic, see how he got there (by his own merits or by influences, who knows?). However, as Enki said, Sissi doesn't seem to have a mother around. And Sissi (neither her dad) never mentioned her during Season 1. Perhaps she died when she gave birth to Sissi or died because of any other reason, maybe her parents are divorced, or she could have a stepmother.

About the other student's parents, we don't even have a clue. Maybe, some of the students have both of them alive, one of them alive, none of them, living with their other relatives, adopted... but no student on Kadic seems extremely rich or extremely poor.

Interesting this topic is. It will give us loads to debate and talk about. I hope you people enjoy reading this thought I had in mind.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby SamBlob » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:39 pm

TheBloodyOneIsMe wrote:What do I think about the parents? I'll give out what I think for the CL characthers.

In Yumi's case, going the way her parents did on Season 1, I'm betting that maybe they will show (or mention, which would be more logical) them divorcing. If that happens, I wonder how would that event take effect on Yumi. I think both of them are Yumi's biological parents, unless one of them isn't and Yumi gets to learn the truth. That would be somehow interesting.

Ulrich's parents seem okay, they're not like the Ishiyama, fighting and arguing 24-7 (at least, on-camera). I don't know what else to say about them.

We have seen Los Ishiyama on three occasions. In only one of them (throughout "Laughing Fit") were they fighting. On the other two occasions (which largely used the same animation) they were grilling Yumi about a favour she had asked them. Why do you think they fight 24/7?
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:58 pm

SamBlob wrote:We have seen Los Ishiyama on three occasions. In only one of them (throughout "Laughing Fit") were they fighting. On the other two occasions (which largely used the same animation) they were grilling Yumi about a favour she had asked them. Why do you think they fight 24/7?

One of the eposides we saw them was on "Holiday Fog" (if that's the one where all Kadic students go out on vacations). Even if the Ishiyama family was going out on a vacation with their car, it seemed like one more thing they were doing together. None of them seemed happy, specially Mr. Ishiyama. He didn't wanted to go on that road trip, if I'm not mistaken. It was like he was going for it, but with lack of enthusiasm. He didn't seem to have a reason to do it.

And the other episode, I can't remember it well. But definately, they aren't a happy couple. Why exactly, I don't know.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:05 pm

TheBloodyOneIsMe wrote:
SamBlob wrote:We have seen Los Ishiyama on three occasions. In only one of them (throughout "Laughing Fit") were they fighting. On the other two occasions (which largely used the same animation) they were grilling Yumi about a favour she had asked them. Why do you think they fight 24/7?

One of the eposides we saw them was on "Holiday Fog" (if that's the one where all Kadic students go out on vacations). Even if the Ishiyama family was going out on a vacation with their car, it seemed like one more thing they were doing together. None of them seemed happy, specially Mr. Ishiyama. He didn't wanted to go on that road trip, if I'm not mistaken. It was like he was going for it, but with lack of enthusiasm. He didn't seem to have a reason to do it.

And the other episode, I can't remember it well. But definately, they aren't a happy couple. Why exactly, I don't know.

Oh but in "Holiday in the Fog", Mr. Ishiyama and his daughter had been sitting in that car waiting for Mrs. Ishiyama to come down with her suitcase. She'd taken an exceedingly long time (I think at least half-an-hour), just to find the dress she wanted to take with her. Mr. Ishiyama was not happy sitting there waiting for, and Yumi too even was not...because it's boring sitting in a car waiting for them to come down. That doesn't necessarily point to Mr. Ishiyama and Mrs. Ishiyama having an unharmonious relationship.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:24 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
TheBloodyOneIsMe wrote:

Oh but in "Holiday in the Fog", Mr. Ishiyama and his daughter had been sitting in that car waiting for Mrs. Ishiyama to come down with her suitcase. She'd taken an exceedingly long time (I think at least half-an-hour), just to find the dress she wanted to take with her. Mr. Ishiyama was not happy sitting there waiting for, and Yumi too even was not...because it's boring sitting in a car waiting for them to come down. That doesn't necessarily point to Mr. Ishiyama and Mrs. Ishiyama having an unharmonious relationship.

True. But from the few I have seen, it seems like it's going to the sh... wait a minute. On "Laughing Fit", after they do the RTTP, we didn't got to see how Yumi's parents made it to Kadic to see her daughter at the [i]Romeo and Juliet[i/] play made by Sissi. It could have been different, or maybe not. But the guard in the past was Yumi, and after the RTTP it was someone else, Herb or Nicholas (one of them made the script, I'm sure Nicholas did).
MY85 offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:27 pm

TheBloodyOneIsMe wrote:True. But from the few I have seen, it seems like it's going to the sh... wait a minute. On "Laughing Fit", after they do the RTTP, we didn't got to see how Yumi's parents made it to Kadic to see her daughter at the [i]Romeo and Juliet[i/] play made by Sissi. It could have been different, or maybe not. But the guard in the past was Yumi, and after the RTTP it was someone else, Herb or Nicholas (one of them made the script, I'm sure Nicholas did).

They used the same ruse more or less. Yumi got her parents to come by telling them she'd be in the play and that the other wasn't coming; they hoped that once they arrived, the play (and how bad it's acting was) would get them to laugh, putting them in a better mood so they could patch things up between them. However, Yumi couldn't play the guard this time because she was coaching Ulrich on his lines. Jeremie and Odd then got everyone roaring by pulling the scenery up on Yumi and Ulrich and making them look really silly. So the cure (laughter) ended up being the same; the way it was administered was different is all. ^_^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Enki » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:25 pm

In season 2, they should also bring about some info regarding Aelita's "parents". I know that apparently, a man named Franz Hopper is involved so I wonder how it'll play out.
Enki offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:18 pm

Enki Ishiyama wrote:In season 2, they should also bring about some info regarding Aelita's "parents". I know that apparently, a man named Franz Hopper is involved so I wonder how it'll play out.

The French Code Lyoko Ani-Manga's include a page on the History of Lyoko in which a Franz Hooper is mentioned. Supposedly he is the creator of Lyoko and was also a former employee at the Kadic school. It's probably safe to assume he hasn't been seen in awhile.... ^^;

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dummo Marx » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:29 am

tis Jim in disguise I say!!!
Who's a man and a half? I'm a man and a half
Dummo Marx offline
Star Fighter