Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 6:02 am

Jeremie x Aelita

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Aurabolt » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:37 am

Ok. One, sorry about going a little crazy, but this had to be addressed.

Two, That is a good idea. Thanks Mewberries. What do you define as geek, and why do you dislike them?
I am not a bodybulider! Sabin; FF6.

Odd: You need some lessons in flirting, Einstein. If Aelita was to walk through that door, right now, what would you say to her?
Jeremie: *Gibberish*
Odd: That's what I thought....(Go away Odd! Jeremie doesn't need your help!)

JxA Forever!
Aurabolt offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby MY85 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:20 am

Aurabolt wrote:Now fine, friends is possible, but as I said in my monster big post there are way too many affectionate actions involved in this relationship to consider otherwise. non-sexual, physical actions as well as things that have been said and implied between the two, but had no need to be said.

While that holds some truth, I have to congratulate you for one thing: throughtout your monste post, it wasn't boring to read and reply to it. I'll give you that. It wasn't as boring, heavy or dull as other long posts that takes place here.

Aurabolt wrote:And I do have to ask two things. You don't have to answer me if you don't want.

1) What social clique are you in? A athlete(also known as jock)? a deviant(also known as goth)? Where do you stand?

and 2) What do have against people who are geeks? I will be the first to admit that there are major issues with a couple being conceited pricks, but that's really the minority.

1) None, I have no label. Maybe you would consider me as a hater. I hate jocks (brainless idiots who can only play a sport well) and goth posers (they believe they're so goth when they're just about pose and clothing) for your information. I also dislike roommate frat people and their frats as well.

2) Some geeks have the potential to become greater and cooler persons, but their intelligence isn't well used on aspects that aren't related to school and studying activities. I'd kill to have the IQ of a geek. I'm just your average student, perhaps. I can't make long posts 24/7 like TB3, Mewberries and animenologist could... I have huge problems myself reading long text of any kind unless it ends up making me laugh or entertains me. I have to resort to other words to make my posts get across and if I'm lucky, I don't get ignored after making long posts.

Mewberries151 wrote:Seriously though...this topic is bordering into BKO territory. Just to put that out there. ^^;

If anything, censorship destroys conversation potential in any kind of forum.

Mewberries151 wrote:Suffice it to say, I always greatly disliked that terminology (that and "Nerd"), when being applied to those kinds of definitions, particularly the secondary options. From what I've observed, both in real life and in hollywood terms, a "geek" is merely someone who does well in school (in one way or another) and is ostracized as being "weird" for it. And honestly, where's the sense in that?

To me, the "nerd" was the intellectual genius who has bad dressing style. "Geek" was something inferior to a nerd in intellectual matters, but also sorta idiotic and a bit corny. My opinion, though.

Example of nerd: Steve Urkel from Family Matters, Ross Geller from Friends, Finch from American Pie
Example of geek: Jim Levinstone from American Pie, Steven Karp from Undeclared
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:40 am

Wow. This topic got interesting.

Jeremie has Aspergers? Interesting call. I have that myself (and Lord knows my social life is nil), though it's possible Aurabolt is reading too much into it and Jeremie is just an obsessed, socially awkward genius without any kind of condition being required.

Some of the stuff on JxA (and the idea that they can be that close without being romantically involved) is very interesting.

As to the sex part (sorry Mew)... Teenagers have sex. I apoligise to Aurabolt and JxA Addict, if they're offended by this but it's true. I'd be surprised if any of the Warriors weren't virgins (except maybe Odd), but the chances of the entire student body being chaste is less than none.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Aurabolt » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:02 pm

Well, we both have it Cassius, and I've done my fair share of research. He shows all the signs, thanks to my own research and studies in Abnormal Psychology. Jeremie has shown a above average intelligence (Plagued.), a lack of understanding and sometimes misunderstanding involving social situations and cues, where he only recognizes himself and his obscessions (Xana Awakens, Frontier, Girl in The Dreams, Code Earth, False Start, especially when he was refusing to go Aelita back to Lyoko, and he overwhelming desire to bring her back immediately; Marabounta, Franz Hopper), increased emotional reactions, leading to uncharacteristic actions in the subject (Code Earth, False Start, Final Mix, Xana's Kiss, False Lead, Aelita, and Double Trouble.), and a obcessive nature about certain things or people, which I've talked about before.

As for his development, he's become more social and outgoing, and moe under control thanks to his friend's input, especially Aelita's after Final Mix. In my hypotheses about Asperger's Syndrome, I have come up with three different stages of the condition.

Stage 1) Subject only realizes that, except for his family, that only he exists. The subject does not recognize other people are around them, and maintains their own little world in which things are structured and uniform in their own fashion, and which is not meant to be broken. This stage is at the beginning of life, and proceeds to about 7-8.

Stage 2) The subject realizes that other people outside the family do exist, and starts interacting, but does not completely comprehend another person's social ability or viewpoint. In this stage, the only thing that matters is still the subject's viewpoint, and nothing else's. This can lead to stubbornness and hostlity, which can account for a good deal of the social deprication alongside the lack of understanding which logic cannot solve. This begins after about 8-9 and leads into middle teenage years. Subjects can become static in this stage, however; which halts development and maintains a block over decreasing social skills and uncontrollable emotions.

In Season 1, Jeremie was at this stage. Although he cared for his friends and their opinions, he was always eager to help his first friend Aelita, which became an non-creepy obcession, to the point of disregarding his friends and remaining stubborn, which led to reckless, decisions (Cruel Dilemma, Girl In the Dreams, Frontier.) Once Aelita came to Earth, he maintained that level of stubbornness and hostlity, a side of Jeremie that Aelita has never seen before, towards her seemingly removal from his life through other social pathways, or when other people try to worm their way into their relationship (Saint Valentine's Day, A Great Day.) Final Mix is when this all came to a head, where Jeremie realized what he had become and was aware of his problems. I've called this an "Epifany Event" in my work, which allowed him to develop even further into Stage 3.

Stage 3) The subject realizes and comprehends the feelings and emotions of the people around him, as well as gaining a good deal of social ability, but it is not complete. Although the subject is more in tune with people and those around him, he is still capable of misunderstanding issues which involve complex and intricate social situations. In such a case, the subject will fragment the situation, which was impossible before, and find a solution which based on simpler information and logic. Someone in this stage is also more likely to listen to another's opinion and listen without bias or intent to disprove. A subject reaches this stage when they have realized the faults in their own actions and responses before that point, and wishes to improve his nature through observation and self-reflection. However, a stage 3 does have the possiblity of reverting to his former states for a short amount of time if a opinion or action goes against their own conventions or beliefs.

I think we all know points where Jeremie has regressed.

And about the other deal. I will admit that teenagers in the day and age do have it. I will not deny that, but the idea of individual relationship development cannot be denied. Aelita and Jeremie are two people who are involved as both good friends and very likely in love, but that does not mean they wish to do it. Besides the fact that they are both twelve, they became friends and gained feelings through an emotional and a lightly physical nature. That still needs time to develop, since they are still children and cannot completely comprehend what love is. I'm sure that most teenagers don't because love is such a diverse and complex emotion and situation.

But I will say this: Jeremie and Aelita are one of the few cartoon/anime teenage couples who I think are the closest to understanding it.

Odd: You need some lessons in flirting, Einstein. If Aelita was to walk through that door, right now, what would you say to her?

JxA Forever!
Aurabolt offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Writing_Addict » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:27 pm

Cassius335 wrote:As to the sex part (sorry Mew)... Teenagers have sex. I apoligise to Aurabolt and JxA Addict, if they're offended by this but it's true. I'd be surprised if any of the Warriors weren't virgins (except maybe Odd), but the chances of the entire student body being chaste is less than none.

Maybe some teenagers. But not all of them, I'd like to stay a virgin until I ge married. (If I ever.)

(I have to agree with Mew right here...we are getting a little BKO...I'd carry this one somewhere in BKO but then again I'm not in BKO and never will be.[I do not want to be a BKO member anyway...])

Now could we please carry this subject SOMEWHERE ELSE?
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Aurabolt » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:12 pm

That's fine. I was planning on doing it anyway. The last two things I have to say about this last couple posts are these.

1) Thank you, MakeYourself, for a good debate and some strong points. I may be a shipper, but that does not mean I don't give credit where it is due. I hope I have done the same in your opinion.

2) I believe strong arguments have been made on both sides, and that each person held their opinions to the forefront, but as we move on, let us continue to speak our ideas without making harsh judgements or broken logic that just benefits the writer. We are all intelligent people here, and let us use that intelligence to continue to express our ideas without being ostracisized for it. On that note, I am sorry for the small amount of hostlity that I showed before to MakeYourself about his views on love.

So, since we've spent a lot of time on Jeremie individually, I want to move to the other side of the relationship. Let's get some character depth into Aelita, which may not truly be completely developed yet, but it important nonetheless.

JxA Forever!
Aurabolt offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Astro-Xana » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:47 pm

Now I know that Aelita sleeps with her doll Mister Puck which is sad because that could be Jeremy in her arms instead of Mister Puck. Also, I don't think Jeremy should referr to Aelita as 'she' or 'her.' Instead, he should call Aelita 'it' since Aelita is like Jeremy's pet girlfriend. In addition, Jeremy should really explain to it how he feels so that it does not get sad and lonely and also so that it doesn't end up looking at Jeremy as a boring person and decides to find a new boyfriend because that will break up the relationship resulting in Jeremy becoming disappointed with it.

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby Writing_Addict » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:13 pm

:*D Interesting...my mom calls me 'it'.
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby MY85 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:50 pm

Cassius335 wrote:though it's possible Aurabolt is reading too much into it

No kidding. Most CL fans go apes**t after seeing a brand new episode or when they support their favourite pairings and/or characthers.

Cassius335 wrote:As to the sex part (sorry Mew)... Teenagers have sex. I apoligise to Aurabolt and JxA Addict, if they're offended by this but it's true. I'd be surprised if any of the Warriors weren't virgins (except maybe Odd), but the chances of the entire student body being chaste is less than none.

Why should they be offended with that? Oh... their morals. Now... see all the characthers in Kadic... almost all of them are virgins (I suppose maybe one or two lost it...). I was thinking that when William got kicked out from his previous school, he could have raped or done sexual harrasment to a girl over there. Could by the only theory to sustent that maybe William isn't a virgin. But what counters it would eb the fact that's he extremely desperate for Yumi.

If you wanna see virginity loss in CL... at least, get the ratings up to PG-13 or R. PG-13 would do wonders for the show in many ways that one would imagine.

Now... with the current age ratings, the romance elements are very little or limited. No lie there. That destroys any chance of potential for greater storylines in the CL show.

But what about the little CL fans? For me, I'd say "f**k 'em" and go switch the age targeting for greater storylines, but these people are the ones who would buy all the CL merchandise and support the show so badly. So the show will go around to satisfy their biggest merchandise buyers while we sit in front of the tv watching how the episodes are of decent quality, but we get frustrated at the fact that thanks to the damn 7-year old USA clowns, CL is what it is nowadays. More virtual action, less romantic storylines and other stuff as well.

JxA Addiction wrote:Maybe some teenagers. But not all of them, I'd like to stay a virgin until I ge married. (If I ever.)

(I have to agree with Mew right here...we are getting a little BKO...I'd carry this one somewhere in BKO but then again I'm not in BKO and never will be.[I do not want to be a BKO member anyway...])

You don't know what you're missing... with being at BKO and having sex. BKO isn't good as it used to be and sex can be really good depending on the chemistry of the couple and their physical shape.

Astronomical X.A.N.A. wrote:Now I know that Aelita sleeps with her doll Mister Puck which is sad because that could be Jeremy in her arms instead of Mister Puck.

Lol. But Mister Puck ain't no sex doll. And that happened only once.

Astronomical X.A.N.A. wrote:Also, I don't think Jeremy should referr to Aelita as 'she' or 'her.' Instead, he should call Aelita 'it' since Aelita is like Jeremy's pet girlfriend. In addition, Jeremy should really explain to it how he feels so that it does not get sad and lonely and also so that it doesn't end up looking at Jeremy as a boring person and decides to find a new boyfriend because that will break up the relationship resulting in Jeremy becoming disappointed with it.

Jeremie calls Aelita an "it" and the relationship's over or starts declining to a bad thing. Now God forbid Jeremie calling Aelita an "it" because it'll make him look bad in the process not only with Aelita, but with his friends as well. Now if CL used their real potential, maybe they could have Jeremie talking to Aelita about their friendship/relationship. Read above, it might not happen. And if it does, it'll be something brief. Aelita's very loyal to Jeremie... Aelita is Jeremie's real first friend, same could be said backwards. I don't see them breaking up, but they'll argue about stuff... mostly Jeremie screwing up and provoking Aelita to get pissed at him.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Aurabolt » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:01 am

again, there's no need for it. This is a show placed on Micuzi for children to young adults. They really don't want that stuff. The minority of those kids do, and I know so. I read statistics.

But seriously, the subject has been changed. Let us move on before this escalates into a BKO topic and where it will lose all sense of decency and be ripped apart by the people who I know are possibly perverted over there.

If that's your lifestyle, fine. Just don't believe that everyone else is. That's my motto.

And of course Aelita is a girl. She's been a girl since the beginning, computer program or not, and by Season 3 it's clear.

JxA Forever!
Aurabolt offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Sithking Zero » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:17 am

Anyone who calls a girl an "it" should be prepared to die. (holds up Z-Saber).

And... ummm.... anyone got any ideas?
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Aurabolt » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:43 am

I said one eariler; as I described Jeremie and his individual context to the relationship, we should analyze Aelita.

JxA Forever!
Aurabolt offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:52 am

Towards the efforts of changing the subject (with a side comment being that there is a difference between censorship and keeping things children friendly on what is a Y7 show forum)...

I was always intrigued by the concept, and do pardon me if anyone's already mentioned and/or discussed this before, that Jeremie and Aelita's relationship is a sort of fairy tale-esque relationship in its different phases. Granted, O/A shippers will say that their shipping far better reflects the traditional knight/princess relationship, but J/A does too in a cosmic sense.

It's a bit like Rapunzel at . We have Aelita (and in a Tower no less), in season 1, separated from a world that she used to know by and trapped in another. Then we have daring knight/prince (depending on one's preference) trying to set her free.

This isn't to say that because it's fairy tale-esque, it isn't realistic and couldn't work out. Far from it really, as I love the J/A pairing and I think their relationship is downright adorable. ^_^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Aurabolt » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:19 am

I agree with you, Mewberries. Aelita and Jeremie do indeed have a relationship which is a knight/princess quality to it. I have worked with Lucy on this aspect, and she agrees with me. Jeremie feels it is his duty in his small life to keep Aelita from harm, even at the cost of his own life.

Now, I'll admit that may be a little overbearing of him, but in the hectic life those two lead, not to mention that Xana wants to destroy them both, it is nescessary. She also does her best to keep him from harm to, leading her to get in trouble in the process. It's a deadly cycle.

This is why I am waiting for Jeremie to actually enter a scanner under an extremely dire situation, and protect Aelita with his template. Even take a few hits for her if he has to. I'm going to be writing something on the subject anyway. Be on the lookout.

JxA Forever!
Aurabolt offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Cassius335 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:20 am

Mewberries151 wrote:It's a bit like Rapunzel. We have Aelita (and in a Tower no less), in season 1, separated from a world that she used to know by and trapped in another. Then we have daring knight/prince (depending on one's preference) trying to set her free.

Yes, though most fairy tales don't involve the 'brave' Knight getting three friends to do the monster killing for him. Hell, in S3, Aelita does more damage (to both sides, mind you) than Jeremy (the knight who personally wet himself at the battle of the two Megatanks (and looked "ridiculous")) ever did.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:31 am

Cassius335 wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:It's a bit like Rapunzel. We have Aelita (and in a Tower no less), in season 1, separated from a world that she used to know by and trapped in another. Then we have daring knight/prince (depending on one's preference) trying to set her free.

Yes, though most fairy tales don't involve the 'brave' Knight getting three friends to do the monster killing for him. Hell, in S3, Aelita does more damage (to both sides, mind you) than Jeremy (the knight who personally wet himself at the battle of the two Megatanks (and looked "ridiculous")) ever did.

Wouldn't Jeremie be the king rather than the knight, to a certain extent?
MY85 offline

Postby Skorpigeist » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:41 am

MakeYourself wrote:
Cassius335 wrote:

Wouldn't Jeremie be the king rather than the knight, to a certain extent?

If you were to compare CL to a chess game, then yes Jeremie has more move capacity and importance as a King than

knight. I am on a bit of a tight schedule but I will elaborate in a later post, as well as tackle the topic of Aelita, and some of the above posts (hopefully without stepping on any toes)
Skorpigeist offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Cassius335 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:04 am

Not exactly, since Aelita (the queen) is the one whose defeat means Checkmate.
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:23 am

omg, chess rules. ^_^ Aelita is definitly the queen, and Jeremie the king. Odd's the rook, Ulrich's the knight... Yumi's the bishop, and SISSY"S A PAWN!!! lol.
And of course, the queen IS the most powerful piece on the board, unlike the poor king, which barly makes any moves at all. *sniggers* Sounds like how Jeremie is. He hasn't made a move to his 'queen' yet. She's the one movin' him!! lol...
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Aurabolt » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:10 pm

Well, I guess a princess will eventually become a queen, but I will say that Jeremie is a knight, plain and simple. Maybe not in the Lyoko sense, which we have yet to see, but in the real world, he maintains the personality of the glorified knight; loyal, defensive, and kind.

I think the only reason that he had problems with Megatanks is because they are thee strongest, and he would seem to me to be a defensive character (my template actually has a primary defensive weapon and ability for him) and he was put in a disvantageous decision. If Aeltia had come in with him, and he had to defend her from them, he'd be ok.

JxA Forever!
Aurabolt offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Skorpigeist » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:23 pm

As promised, I am now going to try to tackle everything that I said I would.

I want to start my post by saying that I don't feel the territory we have reached through the last few posts is necessarily BKO. Of course I forget that there are probably posters here younger than 13 ( I am a 19 year old if anyone cares). I don’t see it personally as a big deal because these are topics and issues that people will face as they grow older, and is probably a real world issue happening on the campus of Kadic. I of course respect Mewberries a lot, since she is the voice of reason at the most opportune times. I also would like to express my sincere congrats to those who are abstaining until marriage, and those that don’t think sex is everything. I also want to congratulate people who pay attention to the statistics.... the truth is I want to see more advanced storylines portrayed, and a higher rating, could let that be explored, without direct reference to sex or sexual acts..... but I digress. It is hard to remember that probably most of the people who view the show are age 13 or younger, and a good portion of the peopple here at Lyoko freak are at least 14 ( with some being near 20 and even into the twenties)

Now I want to take up Aurabolt’s discussion, because a lot of character development talk has been about Jeremie, but there is another factor in the equation, and this is Aelita.

Where to begin with her, I am not really sure. I guess I will start with before season one. In the Prequel, we are given just a little more into the story of how Aeltia came to be in Lyoko. Since this does not tie directly with jeremie, I will spare more detail, but it should be noted that the version of the story offered by TB3 in the LTT articles is more interesting and gives a better explanation for how Aelita ended up where she was. In the prequel, Aelita is just an AI that lives in the supercomputer, with no true understanding of who she is, or why she exists Jeremie decides to help her figure it out, and so starts thier friendship. As the prequel comes to an end, they learn that Xana must be defeated, and that it is possible to bring Aelita into the real world so that she can be human ( unbeknownst to the group at the time that she is human, with a corrupted avatar... well jeremie knows, but doesn't understand the significance.)

As Season One progress we see Navie Aelita the AI. She knows nothing of the real world, and with Jeremie being her only outlet to the real world, she talks to him as he works on her materialization program. We get very few glimpses into the actual work jeremie does, but everytime Aelita asks him a question, he answers it. I would like to point out, that Aelita has a martyr complex (which was discussed in the lets chat characters thread at length by Mewberries, and the animeologist if I remember correctly. Well worth the search and read) and she also tends to be more obidient when Jeremie gives a command or stratagey. Very rarely does she go outside of Jeremie's orders, with one example being the episode where the guardian had Yumi captured. As for her relationship with Jeremie, she realizes how much she loves him in the episode frontier ( which the words love are never used, but it can be heavily infered by the ending of that episode) especially when she mentions the strong connection when they touched

After she becomes "human" in season two, we start to see a change in Aelita. She starts to develop her own unique personality. well it is more of a combination of all of her friends that she has. she can become moody like ulrich, make bad jokes like Odd, and even be as stubborn as Yumi or Jeremie. She still retains a sense of innocence, but it is not one naivity anymore. she also retains her martyr complex as she tries to shut down the computer, and therefore killing her as well ( thankfully, that didn't happen.) She also finds her "earthly" passion of techno djing in Final Mix. Her relationship with Jeremie stays at the same level as of season one, but it also tends to regress slightly as the season wears on ( Even though Aelita does show considerable maturity in anysituation, since she is still a teenager physically, she does have hormones and the like that are changing). They also tend to show typical signs of people who are either a couple, or who are "talking". They even get jealous of each other in Xana's kiss, when they think that the other one likes/and kisses someone else. Xana's kiss does end with an adorable kiss on the lips from Aelita to Jeremie. Throught the season, the two do argue, and have debates about how things should be done. By the end of season two, we find out that Aelita is actually human. this calls into question whether the personality she developed was because of her lack of being "human" or were repressed traits that came out as she climatized to being human again. With the knowledge of her father, and his sacrifice, this puts a strain on Aelita that could dampen her ability to love.

Through season three, Aelita shows quite a strong amount of reslience for someone who has lost her father for the third time by seasons end. We see a continuation of the same traits as in season two, and so by extension her relationship with Jeremie is about the same.

Cassius335 wrote:Not exactly, since Aelita (the queen) is the one whose defeat means Checkmate.

As for the chess analogy, I figured this point would come up rather fast. the role of the King/Queen seems to be switched from Jeremie and Aelita.

A simple analogy would be to say that since Jeremie always stays away from the fight ( as a king) and moves only when in danger, then that is why he is the King, and Aelita for obvious reasons, but I am going to go for something a bit more........ here goes

In season One and Two , Aelita is the king, flat out, because with her death/termination from the system by Xana, then the game is over and everything is lost. Jeremie is the role of the Queen in this analogy, not because he is not manly, but because he is of huge tactical importance, as the queen is in a game of chess. his death, while detrimental, would not necessairly end the game, even though the group would be at a huge tactical disadvantage, and then lose the game probably, just as many chess players.

I think that with season 3 and 4, that role has switched. Aelita is now the Queen, and Jeremie is the king. With Aelita being able to be devirtualized, it is not as important that she survive the encounters, even though her abilities make her of huge tactical importance, while the death of Jeremie would be the end of the game. Aelita can run the supercomputer, but I think her computer ablities pale in comparison to Jeremie. This makes Jeremie the king, since the gang can't really function without him. As for the others, that is another thread.

Wow that is a really long thread, I hope that doesn't bore anyone, and that I have made solid points.... anyway have fun with that post, I know I did.
Skorpigeist offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Cassius335 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:44 pm

Skorpigeist wrote:AI think that with season 3 and 4, that role has switched. Aelita is now the Queen, and Jeremie is the king. With Aelita being able to be devirtualized, it is not as important that she survive the encounters, even though her abilities make her of huge tactical importance, while the death of Jeremie would be the end of the game. Aelita can run the supercomputer, but I think her computer ablities pale in comparison to Jeremie. This makes Jeremie the king, since the gang can't really function without him. As for the others, that is another thread.

I'm not so sure Jeremie is that much smarter than Aelita, just more obsessive. Remember, it was Aelita that debuted "Scipo-on-a-timer" (and "Virtulisation-on-a timer", for that matter). We haven't seen her full capabilities with the SuperComputer... with Jeremie around, we've never had to.
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Skorpigeist » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:53 pm

Cassius335 wrote:
Skorpigeist wrote:AI think that with season 3 and 4, that role has switched. Aelita is now the Queen, and Jeremie is the king. With Aelita being able to be devirtualized, it is not as important that she survive the encounters, even though her abilities make her of huge tactical importance, while the death of Jeremie would be the end of the game. Aelita can run the supercomputer, but I think her computer ablities pale in comparison to Jeremie. This makes Jeremie the king, since the gang can't really function without him. As for the others, that is another thread.

I'm not so sure Jeremie is that much smarter than Aelita, just more obsessive. Remember, it was Aelita that debuted "Scipo-on-a-timer" (and "Virtulisation-on-a timer", for that matter). We haven't seen her full capabilities with the SuperComputer... with Jeremie around, we've never had to.

I am not convinced. I think Jeremie never does those options, because he is always there and can control them. He is a bit of a control freak with the supercomputer. I still think Jeremie is way better at programing, even though we have seen that Aelita is indeed very capable. Of course it would be sort of hard for her to do some of the things she is supposed to do on lyoko and control the supercomputer, although it could be done. This makes Jeremie a very valuable and important asset, it keeps Aelita from having to divide attention, even if she can do all the things with the supercomputer that jeremie can.
Skorpigeist offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Aurabolt » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:32 pm

Very good points, Skorpigest, but we also have to remember the big picture. Until the towers were destroyed, Aelita and Jeremie both served as King, if you use the chessboard analogy. There is no one else who can enter Code Lyoko and reset the damage that has been done or stop Xana entirely. In fact, Xana turned the King/Queen "Princess" against them by using Code Xana.

Jeremie also served as King, since he is better at understanding the supercomputer and has more experience with it than Aelita has with it. She may have worked with it, but it was never direct until Season 2. In fact, if Jeremie never left for summer vacation, which I believe that he would not considering he had to create the upgrades on a much more powerful system thant what he owns, he'd have a full year's worth over her. This is evident in the fact that Aelita was only able to do minor repairs, while Jeremie was capable of a complete repair in Sabotage. In that sense, he is the only lifeline and safe transport to Lyoko.

But I still think that if the situation was dire in the real world, and possibly if the situation was critical in Lyoko, he'd go in and be "The Knightly Nerd."

JxA Forever!
Aurabolt offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby MY85 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:37 pm

Aurabolt wrote:Well, I guess a princess will eventually become a queen, but I will say that Jeremie is a knight, plain and simple. Maybe not in the Lyoko sense, which we have yet to see, but in the real world, he maintains the personality of the glorified knight; loyal, defensive, and kind.

I think the only reason that he had problems with Megatanks is because they are thee strongest, and he would seem to me to be a defensive character (my template actually has a primary defensive weapon and ability for him) and he was put in a disvantageous decision. If Aeltia had come in with him, and he had to defend her from them, he'd be ok.

As you call Jeremie a knight "plain and simple", as a whole he would be playing the role of the king (not the chess way). He is their leader, he commands them what to do, he plans most of the strategys and plans against Xana. A King isn't much of a warrior, unlike the kinght. Kind of why I think of Jeremie as a King rather than a Knight. Knights would be Odd, Ulrich and Yumi. The King would be the last person to take down during the invasion of a Kingdom.
MY85 offline

PreviousNext