Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:19 pm

Jeremie x Aelita

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:50 pm

Hyreia77 wrote:If we want to diagnose Jeremie with Autism, I declare we diagnose Aelita with some horrible, horrible fascination with pink. To the point where she dyes all her hair pink (or eats a lot of shrimp, eh, Son-Neko?) and everything she owns is pink. And she probably has some kind of complex too. (Switches between savior complex and damsel-in-distress syndrome?)

The pink hair is natural, though. :p
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby HiddenWatcher » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:07 pm

Concerning Jeremie:

I still want to know what he did that was that antisocial. I mean, yes, he misses a few things every now and then, but so does every other character in the show (except possibly Aelita, but her whole personality is built around being the sensitive one). As for obsessiveness, irrational actions, protectiveness-there is a much simpler explanation than autism. He's in love.

Concerning the 'those kind of things need to be said' comment:

True. It's very nice when described as a loving gesture. The problem is that it gets treated as some kind of a revelation instead, which is the one thing it could never be with Jeremie and Aelita.
HiddenWatcher offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Sithking Zero » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:57 pm

I always loved this pairing. It's easily tied with OddXSissi as my favorite (Don't look at me that way! I like that pairing).

Why?

AXJ: Sweetness. Tenderness. Affection. AXJ represents all of these things. It provides a cool splash of fresh air compared to other members of the show, who are always so quick and firey and passionate. Their reason and gentleness gives me a reason to stop and pause and appreciate the simple things in life.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby DeadViolet » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:15 pm

I had the strangest idea to write a JxA fanfic yesterday.........^^

*I'm that one crazy girl formerly known as Misha*
DeadViolet offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Saphire-089 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:04 pm

I kind of like J/A, but I want to find a really creative story about them. Not one where Jeremie is glued to his computer, but a good one.

Jeremie doesn't have a Mom, does he? Aelita never knew her mother, just her father, but did Jeremie know his mother?
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby HiddenWatcher » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:20 pm

MusicOfTheMoonAtMidnight wrote:I kind of like J/A, but I want to find a really creative story about them. Not one where Jeremie is glued to his computer, but a good one.

Jeremie doesn't have a Mom, does he? Aelita never knew her mother, just her father, but did Jeremie know his mother?

He does. In the episode Franz Hopper his father incidentally mentions that his mother is worried about Jeremie and he should call them more often. This would imply that he's been part of a standard nuclear family.
HiddenWatcher offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Stonecreek » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:24 pm

HiddenWatcher wrote:
MusicOfTheMoonAtMidnight wrote:I kind of like J/A, but I want to find a really creative story about them. Not one where Jeremie is glued to his computer, but a good one.

He does. In the episode Franz Hopper his father incidentally mentions that his mother is worried about Jeremie and he should call them more often. This would imply that he's been part of a standard nuclear family.

And by that, of course, you mean that the Belpois clan lives in a pit of radiation... ;)

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby Lyokosui » Thu May 01, 2008 2:49 am

JxA shipping is one of my favorites, right next to YxU. The reason these two are my favorite is because they are conflicting. JxA were boyfriend-girlfriend at the start of the series similar to love at first sight. Their relationship is the constant whereas YxU is more of the off-and-on where they are unsure where they stand.

It is sort of like chaos and order standing side-by-side, both completing the balance that makes them both interesting.
Fictional Conversation after the Episode "Routine:

Ulrich - "You couldn't wait, could you?"
Jeremy - "What are you talking about?"
*Ulrich grabs and lifts Jeremy by his collar.
Ulrich - "I was this close to tasting her porcelain lips. We weren't in any danger, but noooo! You had to return to the past anyway!"
*Jeremy sniffles as Aelita appears on screen and rolls her eyes
Aelita - Ulrich, put him down.

Lyokosui offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby HiddenWatcher » Fri May 02, 2008 5:07 pm

Here's something to chew on:
We know that Aelita has spent multiple periods of several hours in the factory with Jeremie, working out programs on the computer. Sometimes she even spent a whole night there.

Here is the interesting part:

There is only one chair.

Draw your own conclusions.
HiddenWatcher offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Lyokosui » Mon May 05, 2008 3:18 am

HiddenWatcher wrote:Here's something to chew on:
We know that Aelita has spent multiple periods of several hours in the factory with Jeremie, working out programs on the computer. Sometimes she even spent a whole night there.

Here is the interesting part:

There is only one chair.

Draw your own conclusions.

Yeah, I already had this discussion with one of my friends. Except we have seen her spend the whole night at the factory, but she just slept curled up on the floor. Besides the fact that it a kid's show and won't let them get away with anything.

Ulrich - "I was this close to tasting her porcelain lips. We weren't in any danger, but noooo! You had to return to the past anyway!"

Lyokosui offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby DeadViolet » Mon May 05, 2008 5:43 pm

I'd say she'd prolly sleep on his lap just for kicks~

DeadViolet offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyokosui » Wed May 07, 2008 1:47 am

thousand-mistress wrote:I'd say she'd prolly sleep on his lap just for kicks~

That would be hilarious! I could see his face turning red and beading with sweat as he pulls on his collar to break some tension. She is smiling just enjoying the moment.

Lyokosui offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby DeadViolet » Wed May 07, 2008 5:41 pm

Lyokosui wrote:
thousand-mistress wrote:I'd say she'd prolly sleep on his lap just for kicks~

That would be hilarious! I could see his face turning red and beading with sweat as he pulls on his collar to break some tension. She is smiling just enjoying the moment.
Poor Jeremy. ^^ Aelita has it good, ne?

DeadViolet offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyokosui » Wed May 07, 2008 8:30 pm

Yes, she does.

Since she is the aggressor in their relationship, she will be the one who wants intimacy from him. Later in life, Jeremy will see this as a blessing, but right now where they are, he justs finds the whole thing awkward.

Lyokosui offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby HiddenWatcher » Thu May 08, 2008 4:43 pm

Lyokosui wrote:Yes, she does.

Since she is the aggressor in their relationship, she will be the one who wants intimacy from him. Later in life, Jeremy will see this as a blessing, but right now where they are, he justs finds the whole thing awkward.

I don't know about that. He seems to enjoy it once he gets past the initial shock.
HiddenWatcher offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby DeadViolet » Thu May 08, 2008 5:30 pm

HiddenWatcher wrote:
Lyokosui wrote:Yes, she does.

I don't know about that. He seems to enjoy it once he gets past the initial shock.
Jeremy's young, and he's never been in love before. Seeing as Aelita is his 1st girlfriend, it's okay for him to be nervous.

DeadViolet offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby HiddenWatcher » Fri May 09, 2008 3:50 pm

Interestingly enough, Jeremie seems to be comfortable with intimacy when he's distracted by something, like concern for Aelita. He only goes into the blushing routine if he has time to think things through.
HiddenWatcher offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Lyokosui » Thu May 15, 2008 3:07 am

HiddenWatcher wrote:Interestingly enough, Jeremie seems to be comfortable with intimacy when he's distracted by something, like concern for Aelita. He only goes into the blushing routine if he has time to think things through.

This could be because the distraction, usually being the concern for Aelita, makes him act in interest of the greater good. However when that sense of urgency is not there, then the thoughts of possibly embarrassing himself comes to mind.

Lyokosui offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby HiddenWatcher » Thu May 15, 2008 6:05 pm

You ever notice how they can always tell what the other is thinking without talking? It could just be because they're so close, but there may be another explanation: maybe the mindlink from Frontier never wore off entirely?

Anyway, that's my conspiracy theory for the day.
HiddenWatcher offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Lyokosui » Fri May 16, 2008 12:10 am

Nope, never noticed it. It could be the fact Aelita thought she was a computer program for all those years and has a brilliant sense of deduction because of it.

Jeremy is actually one of the most oblivious people when it comes to Aelita for he puts defeating XANA over her every time. Just look at Season 4, every episode with the Subdigitials, he ditches her, so he could continue programming. With XANA defeated, he should come around now.

Lyokosui offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby HiddenWatcher » Wed May 21, 2008 8:38 pm

I just watched Lab Rat. Apparently Aelita let Jeremie pick out her birthday. Wow. Every time I think I've seen the full extent of love and trust between those two, they manage to kick it up another notch.
HiddenWatcher offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Lyokosui » Wed May 21, 2008 9:51 pm

That's one of the perks about love is that it is ever-changing. Every stage of a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship changes from going out to marriage to settling down and having a family. Romance is one of the things I look for in a story...well, unless it is a dark story, then I look for fight scenes. :)

Lyokosui offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Lyoko Wario » Thu May 22, 2008 12:38 pm

MusicOfTheMoonAtMidnight wrote:Aelita never knew her mother

Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure they were shown together in some flashback.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Tangent128 » Thu May 22, 2008 5:05 pm

In fact, she seemed to know her quite well. Remember, in the Christmas break episode she remembers her mom being kidnapped by the MIB when she was, I dunno, 10-ish?
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Lyokosui » Fri May 23, 2008 7:51 am

Plus in the Season 2 Finale, she saw the memory of her mother giving Mister Puck to her as a christmas present. So there was clearly interaction betwee Antea and Aelita.

Lyokosui offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

PreviousNext