Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:38 am

Jeremie x Aelita

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby DELETED » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:11 am

DELETED
Last edited by DELETED on Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

DELETED offline

Postby Aurabolt » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:23 am

Very nice. I am interested to see where you go with this.
I am not a bodybulider! Sabin; FF6.

Odd: You need some lessons in flirting, Einstein. If Aelita was to walk through that door, right now, what would you say to her?
Jeremie: *Gibberish*
Odd: That's what I thought....(Go away Odd! Jeremie doesn't need your help!)

JxA Forever!
Aurabolt offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby LadyLucy » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:09 am

Hehehehe...Imagine Jeremie carving his and Aelita's initals into a tree...

Naw...he wouldn't do that...
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby ccbtimewiz » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:11 pm

He wouldn't, but Aelita would.
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby DeadViolet » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:08 pm

Virtual Fae wrote:Hehehehe...Imagine Jeremie carving his and Aelita's initals into a tree...

I think he would.......

*I'm that one crazy girl formerly known as Misha*
DeadViolet offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:49 pm

misha-san wrote:
Virtual Fae wrote:Hehehehe...Imagine Jeremie carving his and Aelita's initals into a tree...

I think he would.......
Ch
Not in his current personality. He's too shy. Aelita would do it though, Chris is right. Or...Odd/Ulich as a joke. :D

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Aurabolt » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:16 am

Actually, if those two were actually together, I could definately see Jeremie AND Aelita carving their initials into a tree.

Odd: You need some lessons in flirting, Einstein. If Aelita was to walk through that door, right now, what would you say to her?

JxA Forever!
Aurabolt offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby LadyLucy » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:06 am

Well, yeah, as a couple they would. I mean as they are now. As in 'in love and shy as all get out (well...Maybe not for Aelita...she's becoming less and less shy...) As they are now...Aelita, being her cute and adorably romanticly-bold self, I can so see her carving their intals in the tree, then tricking Jeremie into finding it. ^_^ Oh...that'd be SO cute...

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby DeadViolet » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:46 am

Virtual Fae wrote:
misha-san wrote:

I think he would.......
Ch
Not in his current personality. He's too shy.
What if Odd gave him alot a Sugar and Soda? Then he'd do it.

"Oh my beautiful Aelita-chan......I love you so much...We'll be together forever.......*sigh* *Procedes to carve"JXA FOREVER" into a tree.* :D
AWWW.

DeadViolet offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Andy Waltfeld » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:31 pm

Just how much sugar does Jeremy need to start using Japanese honorifics?

Odd must be loading him up with sour straws, Kinder Surprise Eggs, Almond Crush Pocky, and Jelly Babies.
My SN is spelled Feld, not Field. Keep getting it right, Carth.
I has opinions. On things.

Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN: Because if you're gonna ninja while wearing orange, you may as well quit taking the rest of it seriously.
Andy Waltfeld offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Aurabolt » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:07 pm

Odd stole Four's Jelly Babies? That's not wise. Semen Goroshii with a Sonic Screwdriver, Andy. Imagine that.

But yeah. Caffiene-high Jeremie is likely be more MUCH more romantic. *Grabs some Jolt.*

JxA Forever!
Aurabolt offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby FènéethxAelita » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:16 am

misha-san wrote:
Virtual Fae wrote:
misha-san wrote:

I think he would.......
Ch
Not in his current personality. He's too shy.
What if Odd gave him alot a Sugar and Soda? Then he'd do it.

"Oh my beautiful Aelita-chan......I love you so much...We'll be together forever.......*sigh* *Procedes to carve"JXA FOREVER" into a tree.* :D
AWWW.

That reminds me of myself without my medication (random incoherant comments).
"We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Borg Collective
FènéethxAelita offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Location: Chimera rally in U.K., in Tamriel, kicking daedra ***, or in Lyoko, protecting Aelita (who else?)

Postby LadyLucy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:08 pm

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby FènéethxAelita » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:43 pm

Virtual Fae wrote:XDD Yes! Jeremie on sugar....lol, what a scary thought. It'd be like that one fanart by son-neko...

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/40002911/?qo=8&q=by%3Ason-neko&qh=sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps

or like...http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/25437211/?qo=84&q=by%3Ason-neko&qh=sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps

lol squared
"We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Borg Collective
FènéethxAelita offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Location: Chimera rally in U.K., in Tamriel, kicking daedra ***, or in Lyoko, protecting Aelita (who else?)

Postby Aurabolt » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:45 pm

Who are you two kidding? The boy on that kind of high would finish the program to enter the net, graduate from college while still in middle school, understand the meaning of life, travel with the Doctor for about 6 months or so, become the Wanderer, and finally marry Aelita after he deleted Xana like a common Word document, which is when he'd finally mellow out again.

Caffiene has that kind of effect on nerds, especially when you have two thirty-pound bags worth of sugar. Don't worry; the TARDIS can cure Diabetes. Someone get a funnel.

JxA Forever!
Aurabolt offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby DeadViolet » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:08 pm

aelitalovinchimera wrote:
Virtual Fae wrote:XDD Yes! Jeremie on sugar....lol, what a scary thought. It'd be like that one fanart by son-neko...
or like...http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/25437211/?qo=84&q=by%3Ason-neko&qh=sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps

lol squared

I am really happy 'cause ther's only one of me,
lookit my smile I'm so damn happy other people are jealous of me!
These are my handles and these is my spout, but if you tip me over,
Then Momma said "KNOCK YOU OUT!"
I am happy, I am special, I am gonna heave,
welcome to my Happy world,
Now get your s*** and leave!
I am happy, I am good, I am....
I'm outta here! Screw you!

Sorry, "The Happy Song" came in my brain when I saw that!! ROFLMAO!

DeadViolet offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Son-Neko » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:54 pm

wartonchan wrote:*starts giggling insanely* Guess what I did.
(In character = Guess what I found on the sidewalk outside Kadic Academy!
Concrete too!

http://teklinks.lyoko.org/Warton/realCL ... Bwc%5D.jpg

(Ok, so its a project I'm working, and its called "The Real Code Lyoko". I'll make a thread once I get it started.)
Image All Rights Reserved.

cute
Son-Neko offline
New Kid
New Kid

Jeremie

Postby HiddenWatcher » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:31 am

With all the people attacking Jeremie and calling him autistic, I feel like I have to rise to his defense. Here are a few of my thoughts on what makes him tick.

People claim Jeremie is an obsessive workaholic, but before judging him, it's important to see things from his point of view:

At least once a month a power-mad supercomputer attempts to wipe out humanity, starting with his school. It takes control of vital systems and turns them on people in a deadly fashion. Every day Jeremie fails to complete whichever program he's working on in a given season is another opening for Xana to try and kill his friends, not to mention begin his malicious destruction of human society. Every time Jeremie fails means another chance that people will get hurt, that someone might die. But if just manages to finish the program quickly enough, there is a chance that Xana may be brought down for good, that maybe, just maybe, everyone will come out all right and not get hurt. But only if he's good enough, if he's fast enough, if he can work hard enough.

Given those circumstances, is he likely to choose to go socialize or to go work some more?

That's what people forget about Jeremie. It's not like he's working on something abstract or playing video games. He's trying to protect his friends (and, incidentally, himself) the only way he can. If you take into account how serious the situation is, he actually has a sunny and relaxed personality. A truly obsessive person would lock themselves in the factory and refuse to attend school until he's finished.

Not to pick on the other Lyoko Warriors, but their job has always been physical. Show up when a tower is activated, fight off the monsters, get Aelita safely to the tower, wait for it to deactivate, and then they're pretty much free until the next one. Jeremie, meanwhile, is the guy who has to watch his friends' lifepoints drop and monitor whichever disaster Xana is causing, knowing full well that if the Lyoko warriors are just a few seconds too late innocent people are going to get killed, and that if they fail in battle, Aelita will be either dead or kidnapped and dead soon thereafter. What's more, while everyone else gets to relax in-between attacks, for Jeremy, that's when the work begins. This is the start of the race to get the program finished before Xana has another chance to hurt his friends, or the world.

Quite frankly, given all the pressure on him, the fact he's as sociable as he is is nothing short of a miracle.

Is he overprotective of Aelita?

Maybe. But then again, Aelita is the girl who's constantly being chased by monsters intent on her destruction. In the virtual world she is a constant target, drawing fire from every monster Xana can send after her. In the real world, she's hunted by polymorphic specters and possessed people who want to drag her into Xana's clutches. It's understandable why Jeremie might be protective. With the level of danger in her life she's just lucky he doesn't try to lock her in a reinforced closet with armed guards outside.

Does he know other people have feelings?

Yes. He's perfectly aware of the feelings Yumi and Ulrich have for each other. He knows about Aelita's feelings for him. He knows that he can call Odd names like 'creep' and he'll be fine, but if he tried that with someone else he would hurt them. He tells jokes-admittedly not very funny ones, but then again neither are Odd's. Sometimes he may misread feelings, or say the wrong thing, but not nearly enough to classify him as autistic. He's a kind, caring person.

Is he a geek?

Maybe. But social stereotyping isn't very nice, not even if the authors make it so very easy. More importantly, is this a problem? Smart people are people too. They deserve the respect and kindness of others just as much as anyone else.

So there you have it. Jeremie Belpois: an autistic geek or a smart kid with a mountain of pressure on his chest who just wants to stop Xana while keeping Aelita and his other friends alive and well no matter what the cost to himself? You decide.

(By the way, it's the second one.)

Oh, and I absolutely support JxA. It's the fluffiest pairing ever!
HiddenWatcher offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Carth » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:36 am

Autistic? I never heard anything about him being called autistic. Maybe it's cause Lyokofreak's a bit isolated from a good part of the CL fanbase. I wonder what other good active forums are out there... o.o...

Oh, and welcome to the forum! That was a very nice and thorough first post- it describes Jeremie's predicament near perfectly. Make one in the Newbie forum to introduce yourself if you want, and be sure to read the rules blah blah new person information stuff.

And just to get the topic back on track with some of my opinions on JxA- It's a cute couple, and in seasons 1, 2, and maybe 3 it was cute out the wazoo, but...well, I dunno about the rest of you, but I thought I saw some strain on it in Season 4. Maybe that's just me being weird, but...
Carth offline

Postby HiddenWatcher » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:14 pm

Carth wrote:Autistic? I never heard anything about him being called autistic. Maybe it's cause Lyokofreak's a bit isolated from a good part of the CL fanbase. I wonder what other good active forums are out there... o.o...

Oh, and welcome to the forum! That was a very nice and thorough first post- it describes Jeremie's predicament near perfectly. Make one in the Newbie forum to introduce yourself if you want, and be sure to read the rules blah blah new person information stuff.

And just to get the topic back on track with some of my opinions on JxA- It's a cute couple, and in seasons 1, 2, and maybe 3 it was cute out the wazoo, but...well, I dunno about the rest of you, but I thought I saw some strain on it in Season 4. Maybe that's just me being weird, but...

It's in this topic, just a few pages ago. Thanks for the compliment. Oh, and I don't remember season four too well, but they sure didn't seem to have much trouble in Double Take. She's still his angel. :) And he's, apparently, 'the wind beneath her wings.' So I'd say they're doing all right. Besides, it wouldn't be the first time tension reared its ugly head. But they always manage to beat it. Earlier someone suggested a scale of stability going from 1-stable to 4-incredibly unstable (At least I think that's what was meant). Personally, I'm going with -1. Their relationship is so stable that nothing could ever break them up, short of a deranged fanfiction writer.
HiddenWatcher offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Malkmusian » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:21 pm

Jeremy, of what autism is, is most likely a savant at computers. He's not that social, despite if he can take breaks or if he works.

I know he knows of feelings, but he needs a little bit of time off. Even if XANA tries to lock them in tanning beds and crank up the heat...or if XANA impales them with flag poles....or fire escape ladders.

I, personally, hate this pairing. It's too ordinary. Two geeks in love? Just because one freed the girl from a computer? Come on! Aelita needs another lover! That's why I support Aelita and Ulrich, Aelita and Odd, Aelita and William, Aelita and Nicholas, and even Aelita and some other boys at Kadics/Philip K. Dick's school for smart kids.
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby HiddenWatcher » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:05 pm

Spotlight Kid/Clear Spot wrote:
I, personally, hate this pairing. It's too ordinary. Two geeks in love? Just because one freed the girl from a computer? Come on! Aelita needs another lover! That's why I support Aelita and Ulrich, Aelita and Odd, Aelita and William, Aelita and Nicholas, and even Aelita and some other boys at Kadics/Philip K. Dick's school for smart kids.

Any canon justification, or just random speculation? Not that I'm judging, I'm just interested.
HiddenWatcher offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

I didn't mean full-blown...

Postby Aurabolt » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:25 pm

I'm talking High-Functioning Autism; like Asperger's Syndrome. He comes across as a kid who has low social skills and understanding in those areas, not to mention a blatant issue with communication and social cues. This is countered by his intelligence and interests in other areas, such as computers and the tactical knowledge he has, not to mention his schoolwork. When Aelita came along, it was someone he could truly connect with, and allow those skills to develop into what he has become.

JxA Forever!
Aurabolt offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Fanfiction

Postby HiddenWatcher » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:38 pm

Here is something interesting I've noticed: Most JxA fanfics I've seen (other than the songfics) are based on one of them admitting his feelings for the other (usually in a really dramatic way). Why is this, considering that it's been made abundantly clear they're already aware of each other's feelings?
HiddenWatcher offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Hyreia77 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:57 pm

The same reason we wanted to see Ulrich and Yumi admit their feelings. They like each other, the other knows they like them, but it's just unsaid.
Those kind of things need to be said.

As for the Autism thing, that's just silly. Why claim it's Autism when it could just be good ol' fashion workaholic-ism/obsession mixed with only socializing with his small gang of friends?
Occam's razor. The simpler answer is what I just said. Giving out a complicated psychological one is just silly.

If we want to diagnose Jeremie with Autism, I declare we diagnose Aelita with some horrible, horrible fascination with pink. To the point where she dyes all her hair pink (or eats a lot of shrimp, eh, Son-Neko?) and everything she owns is pink. And she probably has some kind of complex too. (Switches between savior complex and damsel-in-distress syndrome?)

Ulrich obviously can't express his feelings, has vertigo, and who knows what other psychological problems. Odd CLEARLY has ADD or something in this case. He has a problem because of the way he acts. Obviously no one should act like that. And I'm sure Yumi has some horrible complexes as well relating to her family, her love life, her ethnicity, etc.

Do you see how silly that sounds? Jeremie does NOT have Autism. And even in the incredible unlikely chance he does, it's obviously extremely irrelevant and will never be diagnosed as such. I repeat, Jeremie can't have Autism.

Hyreia77 offline
New Kid
New Kid

PreviousNext