Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:07 am

Code Lyoko in your day-to-day lives

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Chiquita » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:40 am

I'm guessing the cast has very good musicians.
No signature apparently. I'm boring....O_O
Chiquita offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Lani » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:51 pm

BWAHAHAHAAAA!!! :P

I just broadcasted two CL clips to the common folk >D

That was FUN.

It's not MY day-to-day life but it's in THEIR day-to-day lives!!! WAHAHAHAAA!!!
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:12 am

Lani wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:
Lani wrote:You know that little song Franz Hopper plays on the piano?

So yeah, today when I was practicing I grabbed my piano book and kinda flipped to a random page, and the first page I come to had a short, simple piece on it with some French title at the top. So I was like Yay! It's short and easy! Let's play it! 8D So I start playing and I'm like ... o___o IT'S THAT SONG. I laughed at myself and played it again. I was amused ^^

*sweatdrop* Isn't the song he plays just "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star," though?

Yeah but I mean... it was in my Mozart book... with a French title... and it was the EXACT piece (the left hand is pretty distinct if you listen to it)... I guess Twinkle Twinkle Little Star was... an English adaption to it? xD; I dunno.

But it was EXACTLY the same I swear!!!

A FRENCH title?! Awesomeness!!
I just hope Aelita shows off her piano skills sometime....
I could give them a song to play...hehehe....
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Narikii » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:43 pm

The band teacher at my school's name is Mrs. Dunbar.
Narikii offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Akito » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:04 am

Meh brothers are always downloading music that brings a virus to my computer. What's that got to with LYOKO? A3LITA's got a virus; duh. And I think the viruses are from XANA o_o - Luckily I have a "Return to the Past function" on my computer that gets rid of the virus. (Windows has the feature where you can start safe mode and on another certain mode, it will operate just like the day before so you can destroy the virus where in comparison to CL, the gang goes back to the past and fixes the mistakes they made the previous day)
I am the walking, talking fishpoodle!
The former Supersonic Master
Akito offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Jeremified » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:08 am

Roflcopters. You must be seirously obsessed to think that viruses come from Xana.

Anyways, I often see things that could almost resemble the Eye of Xana, like the power button of a computer.
"MOM, DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
"I need to check my email! *pushes button*"
*specter comes out*
"...mom?"
"Yes, son?"
"You just released Xana from our home supercomputer."

Sorry, I just got bored, so I made a corny narrative. -_-
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:19 am

Hehe - CL has helped me out AGAIN!

I've just had my last university exam (FREEDOM!) - Cultural & Film Studies, and one of the questions was:

"Rosaline Coward states that in the modern world of looking and recording what is seen women are put in a difficult position as the act of looking is not neutral."

Basically, discuss whether voyeurism occurs in TV and Film - and guess what I wrote part of the essay about?

All those times when: Sissi struts around in her underwear, Yumi strips off to take a bath, and when Millie got attacked in the shower - I used these as evidence that one can have a degree of female nudity without it being peverse or voyeuristic, so SCORE!

Thanks Code: Lyoko :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Akito » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:51 pm

Jeremified wrote:Roflcopters. You must be seirously obsessed to think that viruses come from Xana.

Well, I was just joking around when I said that.

TB3 wrote:Hehe - CL has helped me out AGAIN!

I've just had my last university exam (FREEDOM!) - Cultural & Film Studies, and one of the questions was:

"Rosaline Coward states that in the modern world of looking and recording what is seen women are put in a difficult position as the act of looking is not neutral."

Basically, discuss whether voyeurism occurs in TV and Film - and guess what I wrote part of the essay about?

All those times when: Sissi struts around in her underwear, Yumi strips off to take a bath, and when Millie got attacked in the shower - I used these as evidence that one can have a degree of female nudity without it being peverse or voyeuristic, so SCORE!

Thanks Code: Lyoko

That's the first time I've heard CL helping in school. I always thought it made me worse at school. That's what I get for getting history help from Odd.
Dang it, how do you get these quote boxes to work? x.x
Last edited by Akito on Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akito offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby LadyChaos » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:59 pm

Supersonic Master wrote:Dang it, how do you get these quote boxes to work? x.x

It helps if you spell "quote" correctly. You forgot the "e".
not gonna bother coming back

LadyChaos offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Akito » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:47 pm

Whoop. Thanks.

Oh yeah, and today, the phone rang continuously today. Literally, non-stop. In comparison of CL, the episode where all the phones rang at once and there was no one there x.x - For love of all pickles, my dog barks less than that phone rings. I get less spam in my mail than that phone rings. And believe me my dog barks for every slightest thing and I can't a bunch of spam in my mail.
Akito offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:13 pm

Supersonic Master wrote:That's the first time I've heard CL helping in school.

[quote="I said, over a month ago..."]Anyways, In 7th grade I related a romen or greek, I can't remember, myth about the wife of Hadese to Aelita.

The myth goes, there was this young maiden, daughter of Cerese the goddess of harvest, who was kidnapped by Hadese and took her to the underworld. They were married, and the maiden was sad. She cried that she missed her mother and live on earth, and so Hadese let her return. But as she was leaving, she was given a pommegranite, and ate it. When she told her mother, she was shocked to learn that since she ate the fruit, she was now connected with her dark underworld and must return there for six months a year.

This is Similar to Code Lyoko, because, well, it's about this girl who was (Literally) dragged into a dangerous world,(Coincidentally, by her father. It was Zeus, the maiden's father, who gave permission for Hadese to take the maiden away, and it was Franz Hopper who brought her to Lyoko) and when she finally did escape, she was still connected to her second world.

Also, in Art class, I had to do one of those art projects where you make a city corner using Perspective and Vanishing points, and When I colored it, I made it kind of like a virtual City, Part of Lyoko Freak, and of the Fanart Section. It has verious company buildings, and even a skywalk that says Lyoko Freak on it. And I got a 100! quote]

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Jeremified » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:15 pm

Yeah, and somebody else said they had to write down a French song they knew, and they used UMSD. Lol.
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Akito » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:13 am

AngelBolt wrote:
Supersonic Master wrote:That's the first time I've heard CL helping in school.

I said, over a month ago... wrote:Anyways, In 7th grade I related a romen or greek, I can't remember, myth about the wife of Hadese to Aelita.

The myth goes, there was this young maiden, daughter of Cerese the goddess of harvest, who was kidnapped by Hadese and took her to the underworld. They were married, and the maiden was sad. She cried that she missed her mother and live on earth, and so Hadese let her return. But as she was leaving, she was given a pommegranite, and ate it. When she told her mother, she was shocked to learn that since she ate the fruit, she was now connected with her dark underworld and must return there for six months a year.

This is Similar to Code Lyoko, because, well, it's about this girl who was (Literally) dragged into a dangerous world,(Coincidentally, by her father. It was Zeus, the maiden's father, who gave permission for Hadese to take the maiden away, and it was Franz Hopper who brought her to Lyoko) and when she finally did escape, she was still connected to her second world.

Also, in Art class, I had to do one of those art projects where you make a city corner using Perspective and Vanishing points, and When I colored it, I made it kind of like a virtual City, Part of Lyoko Freak, and of the Fanart Section. It has verious company buildings, and even a skywalk that says Lyoko Freak on it. And I got a 100!

Second time then, fine. >.<'

Yeah, and somebody else said they had to write down a French song they knew, and they used UMSD. Lol.

Okay, third time, I get it, CL can help people with school :P
Akito offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:25 pm

NYEH!

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Lani » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:10 pm

Omg, so I was on the way to quartet rehearsal today, and I was reading the street signs, right? So I look up and I see "Scipio Lane". I was like OMGROFLCOPTERS!!! I WANNA LIVE ON THAT STREET!! xDD;

I dunno. It was pretty amusing.
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:54 am

Whydeevee wrote:Omg, so I was on the way to quartet rehearsal today, and I was reading the street signs, right? So I look up and I see "Scipio Lane". I was like OMGROFLCOPTERS!!! I WANNA LIVE ON THAT STREET!! xDD;

I dunno. It was pretty amusing.

XD That's pretty awesome! I have a "Hermitage Avenue" near me. *snickers* Scipio Lane though...that's just too cool! :D
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Akito » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:18 pm

Well, everyday, I'm typing long HTML and practice CSS codes (still learning CSS; complicated, bread-stubbing, hateful CSS) on Notepad and people are trying to make out what I'm trying to code and they have really no idea. Like Jeremy compared to everyone else in the Lyoko gang.

I really need to stop address them as "the gang." -_-'
Akito offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby LadyLucy » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:05 pm

Jeremified wrote:Roflcopters. You must be seirously obsessed to think that viruses come from Xana.

Anyways, I often see things that could almost resemble the Eye of Xana, like the power button of a computer.
"MOM, DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
"I need to check my email! *pushes button*"
*specter comes out*
"...mom?"
"Yes, son?"
"You just released Xana from our home supercomputer."

Sorry, I just got bored, so I made a corny narrative. -_-

Hehehe...that sounds like something that would happen to me...
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TL. » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:07 pm

Today, I went for an interview in the local college where I'm applying for a course in Media Production. I was asked to bring any form of creative work. I sent in a perfected version of my AMV, ‘Code: Solid’, an earlier version of which can be seen at my art thread. Once I'm back from my holiday (by then, I’ll know if I’ve made it onto the course), I'll post this new version.
THIS IS MY FORUM NOW!

ALL WHO DEFY ME, SHALL BE DESTROYED!
TL. offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby Jeremified » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:10 pm

I just realized. My life between my friends and I is very similar to Aelita and the rest of the gang. I'm far away from them, so I always contact them by computer. They're all together in Virginia. I'm like Aelita, and they're like Jeremie, Ulrich, Yumi, and Odd. Except we're all boys. And I'm not an AI. But there's another eerie connection- there's four of them, and four in CL too! :O
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:18 pm

While I was on vacation, I passed a store sign that read "Ulrich Realty". I had to give a snicker since I have no doubt that's one of the last professions Ulrich would want to have later in life. ^^;
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jeremified » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:27 pm

Lol. I seem to also remember some street sign saying "Ulrich Ln." or something like that. Maybe it was "Carthage St.". One or the other. :P
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rycr » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:23 pm

I draw XANA symbols on my desks and notebooks all the time. People who see them think I'm strange. Occasionally, I'll say a quote I remember from Code Lyoko, if it makes some sort of sense in the situation. I also have a CL ringtone, but I had to get it on my phone myself using some program that no longer works for some reason...

One person I vaguely know at my school recognized the ringtone, but nobody else does... ;__;
Rycr offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Rho » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:18 pm

When I've drawn XANA symbols on my hands before, people rarely inquire about it.. this was one notable exception, when I was in PE one day:

Some guy: Hey, what's on your hand?
Some girl: IT'S A GANG SIGN
Me: -laughing-

On a trip to LA at one point, I saw something called "Dunbar Insurance" or something along those lines.

Recently in English, we read some story with a character named Ulrich in it. I kept visualizing the character as Ulrich Stern, and my English teacher kept pronouncing the name wrong. Despite how I corrected her several times. The teacher is a moron who gets butthurt whenever she's corrected by a student, so it was kind of expected.

Every time I go to Target, I'm tempted to go around with a red sharpie and transform any possible Target logos into XANA symbols.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:21 pm

The XANA sigil is my Steam friend icon. Most of my friends have either ignored it, or accepted it as just a cool looking symbol. Evvvvvery once in a while I'll get somebody in a public game of TF2 or L4D that recognizes it, however. That's kind of fun.
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

PreviousNext