Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:03 am

Code Lyoko in your day-to-day lives

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Code Lyoko in your day-to-day lives

Postby TB3 » Fri May 05, 2006 11:42 am

Okay, this is just something I HAD to make after what happened today.

This thread is where you can post any interesting events, occurances etc in your regular lives that somehow connect to the show - I'll kick it off with what just happened to me.

----------------

I've just gotten back an essay I wrote last term and it's earned excellent marks. The breif was that I had to rewrite part of 'Paradise Lost' by John Milton, and chose to write it in the form of the minutes of an AI development project.

Well, I ended up tossing in a few references to the show, and they helped win me my marks :D

Front Page

Supercomputers and rebelling AIs - this sounds familiar

Say it with me, Marabounta

Masters and Keys

Now you might think this means I stole all of it blatantly, however we had to comment on our work in an Afterword where I gave both an explanation and referenced the show as an actual source of material.

I am, Franz Hopper

Jerome should be so pleased! XD

These references and others to stuff like Neon Genesis Evangelion made the paper particularly enjoyable for the tutor who marked it, he described it as 'sparky', so I'd like to thank the show for this excellent mark in English Literature. Hats off to everyone at Moonscoop!

--------

Any stories or anecdotes of your own?
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Skipperdee » Fri May 05, 2006 11:58 am

None quite that interesting... although I am in Scholastic Bowl and once there was a question about the wars in which the Romans fought and defeated the Carthaginians and I buzzed in and said "The Punic Wars" having remembered Jeremie scold Ulrich for not paying attention in history class after Ulrich said he forgot what they were. I don't remember the episode though... they were in the Hermitage when it happened is all I remember.
Skipperdee offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Fri May 05, 2006 12:04 pm

Excellent essay, TB3! I couldn't have done better myself.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lani » Fri May 05, 2006 12:17 pm

Skipperdee wrote:None quite that interesting... although I am in Scholastic Bowl and once there was a question about the wars in which the Romans fought and defeated the Carthaginians and I buzzed in and said "The Punic Wars" having remembered Jeremie scold Ulrich for not paying attention in history class after Ulrich said he forgot what they were. I don't remember the episode though... they were in the Hermitage when it happened is all I remember.

Twas "Uncharted Territory" :3

Uhh... lesse, one day I was falling asleep in world history when all of a sudden I hear my teacher go "Carthage" and I immediately sit up straight. xD;

I've written several poems in English class about CL... but that's like it. xD; I haven't seen any opportunities this year to do something as cool as what TB3 did :O!~
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Fri May 05, 2006 12:37 pm

Thanks guys ^_^

I have one other cool-ish anecdote.

During the Easter holidays I met LF member Osiris in person - driving into his hometown I was getting worried as to whether this would work, if it was even a good idea.

And then I drove past a truck with the following words printed in giant letters on the trailer.

CL TRANSPORT :*D

I took it as a good omen and sure enough the day was great.

Two weeks later I was driving back to university and worrying about the coming term - one mile from my destination I passed ANOTHER of these trucks and so-far the term has been great.

I'm beginning to see these trucks as my good-luck charm! XD
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Carth » Fri May 05, 2006 12:40 pm

Okay...lots here.

I draw CL characters a lot in class. People stare at me for it.

I've also, in my mind, related kids in my class to people in Code Lyoko. Seriously. There's a kid that looks AND acts like Ulrich- he even plays soccer-and a really nice girl who reminds me of Aelita. There's even a kid that looks like my Human XANA (Yeah, I know I should shut up). Not to mention I look a bit like Sissi...and there's a kid who looks and acts like Nicolas...

I've also noticed that, in Sailor Moon, the NA name for Makoto (Sailor Jupiter) is Lita. Aelita, anyone?

But nothing beats TB3. NOTHING.
Carth offline

Postby Lyoko SA80 » Fri May 05, 2006 1:29 pm

Nice work.Tb3 your like me .I gone and made teacher think if I human .Why .because alot of things have gone worng in the kicthen in the few weeks .I think it is xana attack .For april fools bad I went into college with a xana eye on my forehead

Fighting for a world without danger

SAFEDGUARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lyoko SA80 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Skipperdee » Fri May 05, 2006 1:34 pm

Lani wrote:
Skipperdee wrote:None quite that interesting... although I am in Scholastic Bowl and once there was a question about the wars in which the Romans fought and defeated the Carthaginians and I buzzed in and said "The Punic Wars" having remembered Jeremie scold Ulrich for not paying attention in history class after Ulrich said he forgot what they were. I don't remember the episode though... they were in the Hermitage when it happened is all I remember.

Twas "Uncharted Territory" :3

Thanks Lani! That would have driven me crazy until I figured it out.
Skipperdee offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Osiris » Fri May 05, 2006 9:35 pm

Once i handed in printouts from my codelyoko fansite as as a peice of courcework...goot dood grades for it too XD

in the easter holidays i met TB3 when he came down to where i live. it was a pretty good day too!

i too have dome numorus XANA symbols on lecture notes lol thered be more but i cant draw to well :(
<b>My Youtube Videos!!!</b> www.youtube.com/clagnuts
Osiris offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Carth » Fri May 05, 2006 9:52 pm

You got to meet? Darn...the only way I'd ever meet a LyokoFreak is if my sister is serious in her desire to join (I sure hope she's not...she'd be scarred forever.). Must've been great.
Carth offline

Postby TB3 » Fri May 05, 2006 10:25 pm

Carth_upon_a_star wrote:You got to meet? Darn...the only way I'd ever meet a LyokoFreak is if my sister is serious in her desire to join (I sure hope she's not...she'd be scarred forever.). Must've been great.

Weird you should mention your sister and scarring since Osiris's sister, Josie, went on a bit of a sugar rampage and left me with a cut on the back of my hand that has scarred nicely - I wear it as a badge of honour :P
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Fri May 05, 2006 10:32 pm

*Looks at meeting chat*

Let's all go to Mexico!
*Shot*

WHO THE CRUDMUFFIN KEEPS ON SHOOTING ME!
Anyways, In 7th grade I related a romen or greek, I can't remember, myth about the wife of Hadese to Aelita.

The myth goes, there was this young maiden, daughter of Cerese the goddess of harvest, who was kidnapped by Hadese and took her to the underworld. They were married, and the maiden was sad. She cried that she missed her mother and live on earth, and so Hadese let her return. But as she was leaving, she was given a pommegranite, and ate it. When she told her mother, she was shocked to learn that since she ate the fruit, she was now connected with her dark underworld and must return there for six months a year.

This is Similar to Code Lyoko, because, well, it's about this girl who was (Literally) dragged into a dangerous world,(Coincidentally, by her father. It was Zeus, the maiden's father, who gave permission for Hadese to take the maiden away, and it was Franz Hopper who brought her to Lyoko) and when she finally did escape, she was still connected to her second world.

Also, in Art class, I had to do one of those art projects where you make a city corner using Perspective and Vanishing points, and When I colored it, I made it kind of like a virtual City, Part of Lyoko Freak, and of the Fanart Section. It has verious company buildings, and even a skywalk that says Lyoko Freak on it. And I got a 100!

And My friends Aly and Hannah are, like, obsessed with it.
Tara would be too, had her brother not broken the TV.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby oddlauren » Sat May 06, 2006 9:48 pm

I wrote a paper about how the Code Lyoko theme song, and music during the show, keeps me interested.
I've dreamed about Code Lyoko a lot for a few weeks now. :*D
oddlauren offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby lyokowarriorteen20010 » Sat May 06, 2006 9:55 pm

Last night I had a dream about being on lyoko with my fanfic characters.
Blank slate soon to be wrote on.

lyokowarriorteen20010 offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby YDV » Sat May 06, 2006 10:32 pm

Dude, TB3.. that just. Wins. xD;;

Hmm, CL related to my life? *cracks knuckles*

Well, for one, my Algebra teacher's name is MRS. MEYER... o___o

#2, I'm pretty sure when my history teacher asked us "When did 'so and so' die?" I was just DYING to say "At the end of his life" xD;;

Um... xD; I believe in Tale of Two Cities or some other thing my English teacher was reading out loud to us... she said "Boulogne." And I was like *sits up* What, now? xD;;

I... do believe I've mentioned CL somehow in one of my writing things.. I just don't remember how.. xD;

I've thought about incorporating CL/the XANA symbol into many an art project... just never done it because it's too hard to do xD;

OH YEAH! I've done like 5,000 sentences about CL/LF for English assignments... well hey, we were allowed to make them up! x3

Carth wrote:I've also, in my mind, related kids in my class to people in Code Lyoko. Seriously. There's a kid that looks AND acts like Ulrich- he even plays soccer-and a really nice girl who reminds me of Aelita. There's even a kid that looks like my Human XANA (Yeah, I know I should shut up). Not to mention I look a bit like Sissi...and there's a kid who looks and acts like Nicolas...

ME TOO! xD;; There's this kid in my English class who acts exactly like Ulrich and looks sorta like the Sim version of him I made. Except he never wears green. xD; And he's cute like Ulrich too-- *shot*

Uhh... I talk about CL to my friends like, 24/7. xD; I declared May National French-New Zealander-Dutch-Canadian month. And um. Wrote it on stuff. And my friend made pamphlets. SAVE THE NON-EMO CATBOYS!! xD;
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby lyokowarriorteen20010 » Sat May 06, 2006 11:16 pm

I just hope your a girl because if your a boy that would be just wrong!
Sometimes when I close my eyes I see the XANA symbol. I don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing.

Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby YDV » Sun May 07, 2006 12:56 pm

...What would? :umm: And um, FOR YOU PEOPLE'S INFORMACIONES:

WHYDEEVEE. IS A MALE. GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEADS. KTHX.

:D Now... Yeah, seeing the XANA symbol whenever you close your eyes is sort of... creepy.. o___o Maybe he's trying to assimilate your brain! xD
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Zaeryth » Sun May 07, 2006 1:22 pm

Well, it's not as impressive as TB3's...

I was sitting in Biology class, and we were learning about invertebrates. We were going through all the phylums, classes, orders, etc.; and then my teacher goes, "The class for jellyfish is schyphozoa." And then I screamed and almost fell out of my chair. xD
Come to the Otaku side... We have Pocky!
Zaeryth offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby YDV » Sun May 07, 2006 3:20 pm

OMG I ALMOST FORGOT THAT! xD;;

Kay, so, here's what happened:

We were in Bio, right? And we always take notes from the overhead at the beginning of class. So I'm like la dee da... and then the teacher puts the overhead up. And I see it and I had to like, instantly cover my mouth to keep from squealing/laughing uncontrollably.

CLASS SCYPHOZOA

xD;; So for that entire section, I drew little Skippys dancing around my papers. :P
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Vora Lyoko » Sun May 07, 2006 9:57 pm

CL helped me in class once.

We were testing laughing gas and she asked how to neutralize it. Nobody knew at all and I was the first one to raise thy hand.

"So anyone know how to make laughing gas stablize and stop?" (Exact words)

Me: WATER!

Some kid said "Inhale sulfur gas"

She got a lot of stares..

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TB3 » Mon May 08, 2006 11:20 am

Bravo OddxSissy Fan! :)

Hehe, I've got another assignment due and this one I'm spicing up by adding a video presentation - using editing skills learnt while making my CL music videos and documentaries - yeah! XD

And I'm gonna try and slip in some CL footage while I'm at it :D
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby YDV » Mon May 08, 2006 3:13 pm

xD I hope whoever's grading it is um *cough* liberal... I know a few of my teachers who would DEFINITELY take points off for the footage being "irrevelant" (My history teacher like, hates me. He deducts points off my notebook because I draw pictures on it. >>)
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Mon May 08, 2006 3:46 pm

Know how that feels...

Anyway, I too have an assignment due, where I write a critical review of a book, movie, play, or TV show.

...Eh? 8)
Carth offline

Postby TB3 » Mon May 08, 2006 3:49 pm

Hehe, creativity is valued in these presentations thankfully - and it will only be a few seconds of Teddgozilla, specifically of the Teddy-bear, just as a bit of humour mid-way through.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby lyokowarriorteen20010 » Mon May 08, 2006 7:02 pm

Oh well my mom flat out hates code lyoko and I'm home schooled so she would definetly take points off.

Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Next