Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:43 pm

Code Lyoko in your day-to-day lives

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby TheLQ » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:33 pm

There are only 2 real life people that have recognized the Xana symbol, and subsequently made fun of me. Thats partially why I don't tell anybody about my liking of CL.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:30 pm

Nobody I talk to in real life cares about Code Lyoko all that much. They just see it as just another cartoon for first-graders. ;__;
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:13 pm

The other day, I saw one of those flashy construction signs that said, "NIGHTLY CLOSURES DELAYED". Except the O wasn't working. So instead it said, "NIGHTLY CL SURES DELAYED."

I laughed and no one knew why.
Carth offline

Postby Taelia » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:20 pm

XD That's funny!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby _stromboli__ » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:23 am

The wallpaper on my iPod is the Eye of XANA.
If it ever flips out, I can take it to Apple and say it's been possessed. :3
_stromboli__ offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:35 pm

Like I said, nobody I talk to in real life cares about Code Lyoko all that much. They just see it as just another cartoon for first-graders.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:28 pm

Taelia wrote:Like I said, nobody I talk to in real life cares about Code Lyoko all that much. They just see it as just another cartoon for first-graders.

Exactly. You already said this...it didn't really need to be restated.
Carth offline

Postby Taelia » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:03 pm

Yeah, I know. It just depresses me.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko Wario » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:46 pm

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I have this crazy pipe dream of buying a cool car and painting it orange with deep blue lines running all around it, converging on the hood to form the eye of Xana. The vanity plates, of course, would read SOS XANA. I doubt very many people would really "get it" and a number of those who do would no doubt want to vandalize it, so that's one fear that I have about it. Then again, if the dude with the Star Wars car and the OBI WAN plates gets by all right, I guess I don't have much to fear.

Also, today was a stormy, windy, gray and sad day. Reminds me of my high school days. When Lyoko was on every day. Excuse me, I think I have something in my eye... *sniff*
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Stonecreek » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:03 pm

Wow, I'm actually bumping a CL-related topic.

Anyway, when typing in a women's college tennis box score just now at work, I noticed a name: Antea Huljev. Now, she pronounces it "an-TAY-ah," but outside of seeing an Odd now and then, and one Aelita (I can't remember where), this is the first time I've seen one of the more obscure CL names pop up.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby Gadget » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:35 am

I actually have the XANA symbol on the back of my truck. None of my friends have a clue what it is, And I can only guess what the people behind me think.

I also have it painted on the wall of my room, And on the back of a hoody, Which just adds to the confusion. Only a very small amount of people have recognized what it is. :D
Gadget offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby TheLQ » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:35 pm

Gadget wrote:I actually have the XANA symbol on the back of my truck. None of my friends have a clue what it is, And I can only guess what the people behind me think.

I also have it painted on the wall of my room, And on the back of a hoody, Which just adds to the confusion. Only a very small amount of people have recognized what it is. :D

That's so awesome.

Of course you now fall into the "You know when your a die hard CL fan when..." category.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby ArgentDandelion » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:02 am

A few days ago I made an Eye of XANA on the ring of plastic capping orange juice bottles.
In class today, I experimented with my teacher's interactive whiteboard (tap on the whiteboard with a special stylus, and, as long as you are not shadowng the whiteboard, the computer apparently translates it into a stroke of a brush tool on a Microsoft Paint-like program) to make an Eye of XANA.
I have mentally forumulated (yet not yet transcribed) an academic "double feature" of science and psychology, saying that Odd is short because his parents, although tall, are only heterozygous for it and Odd inherited the recessive genes, and the theory of multiple intelligences (as well as right- and left-brained-ness) in explaining that Odd is artistic, (drawing, folding paper swans) and (consults the Internet to check) thus classifies as Spatial, while Jeremie is Logical-mathematical. (he would have to be to understand such technobabble) Unfortunately I have yet to encounter the opportunity to use this....but then again, it would not be complete if one problem still remained: how to explain codominance with recessive genes. (Odd's hair is purple and blond. His parents' hair are neither purple nor blond nor purple-blond. The only explanation, assuming his purple spot is natural, is that either parent is a carrier for blond hair and purple hair, or both somehow have the purple-and-blond recessive alleles.) I must learn whether codominance is heritable...
EDIT: (since I did not want to double-post) Today, on March 04, I watched the episode Downtime of Young Justice. Aqualad mentioned something along the lines of "There is damage to Sectors 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6." Sector 5. Additionally, a manta-shaped 'sub' reminds me of a Manta/Flying Manta. It even has an air mine-deploying spot.
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Previous