Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:42 pm

Code Lyoko Merchandise

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Carth » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:35 pm

TB3 wrote:If anyone's interested all three of us who went to Paris got some freebie merchendise from Jerome - a neat notepad with the XANA eye on every page, a French Cinemanga that everyone autographed, and the Panini sticker book, and three packs of stickers each.

I never thought I'd be going insanely happy about stickers of all things, but the Panini book really does rock! Now I have a wonderful collection of CL art to call my own (huggles shiny Aelita sticker) ;)

I. WANT. THAT. NOTEBOOK.

I WANT MY NOTES TO BE EVIL.

All the merch sounds awesome. But what I REALLY want is a Kankrelat plushie. But the Kankrelat wind-up- OMG IT SO CUTE BUT WAY OVERPRICED OMG
Carth offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:15 am

LANI?! wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:Action Figures

*FOAM*

KAN...KRE...LAT...

Thank you, Mew, for finding these <3

:D Aww, you're very welcome! I want the Kankrelat too...and I really would have liked to get the Scyphozoa...I wonder why they canceled it? O.o
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DELETED » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:56 am

DELETED

DELETED offline

Postby Lani » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:49 am

Mewberries151 wrote:
LANI?! wrote:

*FOAM*

KAN...KRE...LAT...

:D Aww, you're very welcome! I want the Kankrelat too...and I really would have liked to get the Scyphozoa...I wonder why they canceled it? O.o

Possibility of bondage fetish, perhaps? :P

Ahaha yeah... shutting up now. xDD;
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:10 pm

LANI?! wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:
LANI?! wrote:

*FOAM*

KAN...KRE...LAT...

Possibility of bondage fetish, perhaps? :P

Ahaha yeah... shutting up now. xDD;

XD I'm sorry I asked... *snickers* ;)

A design issue, like wartonchan suggested makes sense though...it'd be a rather elaborate and complicated action figure (if it were to be done right, that is ^^; ).
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Saphire-089 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:46 am

Hey, has anybody heard of these? http://www.skinit.com/skins/entertainment/code_lyoko&resourceId=5804

I ordered one for my phone, and hopefully for my Ipod too.
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby Andy Waltfeld » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:15 pm

Either your link is broken or they've been cancelled/discontinued.
My SN is spelled Feld, not Field. Keep getting it right, Carth.
I has opinions. On things.

Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN: Because if you're gonna ninja while wearing orange, you may as well quit taking the rest of it seriously.
Andy Waltfeld offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Saphire-089 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:38 pm

Okay first off sorry for double posting like that, a total accident. One of the mods could delete that maybe. These are skins that can go over your ipod (if you've got one) or your phone.

Hopefully this link works:http://www.skinit.com/skins/entertainment/code_lyoko
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby Andy Waltfeld » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:50 pm

Love the green skin, hate the fact that the site lists all devices instead of just the ones a particular skin is licensed for.

My DS Lite is weeping now.

'Course, that could just be hand sweat from playing CivRev several hours straight at a time.
My SN is spelled Feld, not Field. Keep getting it right, Carth.
I has opinions. On things.

Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN: Because if you're gonna ninja while wearing orange, you may as well quit taking the rest of it seriously.
Andy Waltfeld offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Cassius335 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:44 pm

Ah, I'd forgotten this thread. I just wish we'd gotten the action figures in the UK...
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:37 am

I'm sorry to bring back such an old and dead thread, but

Anyway, I recently got my hands on a copy of the first Code Lyoko game for the DS. I haven't got very far in it yet (still in tutorial stages), and I know it's pretty old (not to mention a licensed game), but even still I wouldn't call it brilliant so far.

In the 2D portions, The backgrounds, cutscenes, and most of the sprite positions are taken right from the show, but the spritey-ness of the sprites as compared against the smooth backgrounds gives more of a choppy impression than anything. You're in control of Ulrich at the beginning, and one cool thing he does is do random martial arts positions when you don't move him for a long time. It's actually kinda neat.

The 3D I'm hoping is a little better, considering it's where the actual "play" comes in...awww, it's got an upgrade system! How cute! And, I was right. They put a lot more effort into the 3D than in the 2D - Ulrich walks with a bit of a higher framerate, and as nitpicky as it is, it's a good indicator. Thing is, though, it might be a testament to how old the 3D gameplay is (or maybe to the quality of my emulator) but gameplay is so. slow. Even Mr. Super-Sprint Ulrich here moves at a snail's pace. Haven't fought anything yet, so we'll see how it works out there...hopefully the monsters are slow too.

Story-wise, it's either really thin or a throwback to the non-continuous story styles of Season 1. It might be the latter, considering Aelita's still on Lyoko. But I know there's Yumi's "I feel naked without my cell phone" moment in there somewhere, so it'll be like CL - equal amounts of diamonds and rough.

That said, it's nowhere near brilliant, but I'm hoping for at least some entertainment from it.
Carth offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:26 pm

Carth wrote:I'm sorry to bring back such an old and dead thread, but

Anyway, I recently got my hands on a copy of the first Code Lyoko game for the DS. I haven't got very far in it yet (still in tutorial stages), and I know it's pretty old (not to mention a licensed game), but even still I wouldn't call it brilliant so far.

In the 2D portions, The backgrounds, cutscenes, and most of the sprite positions are taken right from the show, but the spritey-ness of the sprites as compared against the smooth backgrounds gives more of a choppy impression than anything. You're in control of Ulrich at the beginning, and one cool thing he does is do random martial arts positions when you don't move him for a long time. It's actually kinda neat.

The 3D I'm hoping is a little better, considering it's where the actual "play" comes in...awww, it's got an upgrade system! How cute! And, I was right. They put a lot more effort into the 3D than in the 2D - Ulrich walks with a bit of a higher framerate, and as nitpicky as it is, it's a good indicator. Thing is, though, it might be a testament to how old the 3D gameplay is (or maybe to the quality of my emulator) but gameplay is so. slow. Even Mr. Super-Sprint Ulrich here moves at a snail's pace. Haven't fought anything yet, so we'll see how it works out there...hopefully the monsters are slow too.

Story-wise, it's either really thin or a throwback to the non-continuous story styles of Season 1. It might be the latter, considering Aelita's still on Lyoko. But I know there's Yumi's "I feel naked without my cell phone" moment in there somewhere, so it'll be like CL - equal amounts of diamonds and rough.

That said, it's nowhere near brilliant, but I'm hoping for at least some entertainment from it.

I also own this game (in cartridge form, not ROM form), the Wii game, and the second DS game in cartridge form. The first game is, by all accounts, the best of them all. Although the sprites look choppy compared to the show, the actual gameplay is superb. The only thing that I wish you could do in this game is jump in Lyoko, as all of the available buttons were assigned to various functions there. The soundtrack is pretty good for a DS game, the storyline is well thought out and lengthy (but then again, it's based upon certain episodes from Season 1 and 2, which explains why it's nonlinear at the moment), and the graphics are pretty good for a DS game as well (I've seen worse. Much worse).

The Wii game is also pretty good as well, but not as good as the first one. This one seems to be an adaptation of Season 4, with the new outfits and the Skid and whatnot. However, this time Taffy took some really big liberties and added in a new Replika, the Volcano Replika. From experience, it's really, really laggy. The boss fights (which occur before the destruction of a supercomputer) have weird XANA-enhanced monsters that are either pains to kill or total pushovers (it kinda leans toward the latter in most cases). Certain parts of the game are subjected to camera screws, which can get annoying, and there's one part of the Volcano Sector where the time is glitched and you have to move really fast to progress (to explain: in that game, there are some platforms that disappear after a short amount of time so you have to move. One such bridge is glitched so under normal circumstances, you can't make it across. You have to use Odd's game-only power to slow down time, then begin jumping as fast as you can. Around the fourth or fifth platform, you have to do a ledge grab as the platform disappears to give you an extra second of time to get over to the other side of the brigde). Oh, and Yumi's completely broken in this game. Her fan lock-on method just gives anyone using her an unfair advantage. Overall, the game's good, but really short, and there's no 2D action.

The second DS game, Fall of XANA, is horrible. I can't even call it a game, it's that bad. Unlike the first DS game, there's no 2D action either. The Volcano Sector exists. There's literally no action whatsoever. They replaced the action gameplay with a turn-based RPG. I didn't even finish the first quarter of the game, it turned me off that much. My recommendation: DO NOT GET.

So yeah. Make of that what you will.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby xiaozanghou » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:15 pm

For those of you who care about how Code Lyoko is doing in other parts of the world, Moonscoop has released the 2010 version of its annual Code Lyoko MIPCOM presentation. It resembles the one from 2009, with the exception of broadcast comparisons in Spain and against other shows, as well as the inclusion of some of the brands Moonscoop acquired in Spain this year. The reference to a live action show has also been removed. :P Take a look here.

TheLordOfAppleFreaks wrote:The Wii game is also pretty good as well, but not as good as the first one. This one seems to be an adaptation of Season 4, with the new outfits and the Skid and whatnot. However, this time Taffy took some really big liberties and added in a new Replika, the Volcano Replika. From experience, it's really, really laggy. The boss fights (which occur before the destruction of a supercomputer) have weird XANA-enhanced monsters that are either pains to kill or total pushovers (it kinda leans toward the latter in most cases). Certain parts of the game are subjected to camera screws, which can get annoying, and there's one part of the Volcano Sector where the time is glitched and you have to move really fast to progress (to explain: in that game, there are some platforms that disappear after a short amount of time so you have to move. One such bridge is glitched so under normal circumstances, you can't make it across. You have to use Odd's game-only power to slow down time, then begin jumping as fast as you can. Around the fourth or fifth platform, you have to do a ledge grab as the platform disappears to give you an extra second of time to get over to the other side of the brigde). Oh, and Yumi's completely broken in this game. Her fan lock-on method just gives anyone using her an unfair advantage. Overall, the game's good, but really short, and there's no 2D action.

If you thought the Wii game was broken, try the PS2 port. There are whole sections just cut right out of the game (that still exist on the disc :umm: ), namely the transition animation between locations, and the fanart room for the drawing contest. Dialog won't play all the way through during the platforming sections either. The good thing is that no part of the game is laggy at all, although it does crash now and then.

For the volcano sector bridge part, an easy way to pass it was to enable time control, jump on the first block, jump back to the starting ledge, and then time it so that you jump and land on the first block just as it rematerializes. Because it becomes solid just before it sets its "i'm an insta-dissolve block!" state, it won't disappear and you can take your sweet time jumping the bridge.
╭☆★☆
http://cl-evolved.com/
╰★☆★
xiaozanghou offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: they asked me where i planned to go then i pointed at the stars and said i haven't really chose

Previous