Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 5:16 pm

Code Lyoko Merchandise

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby FormicaArchonis » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:20 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:Also, Amazon.fr has a third novelization for sale. This one is Code Earth. I'll be sure to post more details when they're available. This book is due out for May 24th. :)

Just Code: Earth? Kind of funny to only have half the story in a book. Of course, False Start isn't a perfect break point either.
FormicaArchonis offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: A basement. Your basement, my basement, I don't know. But I'm sure it's a basement.

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:29 pm

Taelia wrote:Any new info about "XANA Posessed" yet?

Only what I just posted. More information (hopefully more concrete) will probably come out soon though. :)

Osiris wrote:has anyone else seen they are now selling CL wall stickers?

Yep! You can buy them here!!! Cool, no?

According to LyokoCode, there's also a CL Sticker Book from Panini for sale...although it's very hard to find, as it's only sold in select magazine shops, I believe. ^.^

FormicaArchonis wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:Also, Amazon.fr has a third novelization for sale. This one is Code Earth. I'll be sure to post more details when they're available. This book is due out for May 24th. :)

Just Code: Earth? Kind of funny to only have half the story in a book. Of course, False Start isn't a perfect break point either.

I'm not quite sure what they have planned for this...maybe book 4 will come out later as "False Start" or they might combine those two episodes into one book as "Code: Earth". I'll let you all know if I find anything more about this as that is very peculiar. :)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TaskForceLyoko » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:30 am

Mewberries151 wrote:I have strong reason to believe that this DVD will contain the season 1 episodes "Code: Earth" and "False Start" and the first two episodes of season 2 ("New Order" and "Uncharted Territory"). However, this has not been made official, and I'm making this guess from the plot synopsis provided on the order page....so please don't kill me if I'm wrong. XD The DVD is due out March 14th.

Unfortunately, that synopsis is also used for the first and second disc.
"Trample the Weak - Hurdle the Dead"

TaskForceLyoko offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:36 am

TaskForceLyoko wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:I have strong reason to believe that this DVD will contain the season 1 episodes "Code: Earth" and "False Start" and the first two episodes of season 2 ("New Order" and "Uncharted Territory"). However, this has not been made official, and I'm making this guess from the plot synopsis provided on the order page....so please don't kill me if I'm wrong. XD The DVD is due out March 14th.

Unfortunately, that synopsis is also used for the first and second disc.

Rats...ah well. I'll try and find out what episodes might be on it elsewhere then. Thanks for pointing that out to me! I honestly didn't notice it until you did. ^^;

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:58 am

I can't wait to buy it. I'm starting a CL DVD collection.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TaskForceLyoko » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:54 am

Mewberries151 wrote:Rats...ah well. I'll try and find out what episodes might be on it elsewhere then. Thanks for pointing that out to me! I honestly didn't notice it until you did. ^^;

If the trailer on the second DVD is accurate, I noticed the following scenes:

Yumi in fighting pose in front of scanner. Preparing to fight her clone in the episode with two Yumi's - Ulrich's Fantasy...er I mean Image Problem. :D

Jeremie's evil clone going nuts from Ghost Channel.

Humanoid robot being built - can't recall the episode name.

Also, a quick google search revealed the following information on the figures. Keep in mind that this is not confirmed in any way, but off a site that is taking preorders.

Code Lyoko Series 1 Action Figures, Release Date Aug 2006:
Ulrich with Transforming Chamber
Laser Arrow Launching Odd
Fan Launching Yumi
Projectile Launching Block

Code Lyoko Series 2 Action Figures, Release Date Sep 2006:
Transforming Chamber Odd
Sword Slashing Ulrich
Aelita with Lyoko Panel
Mega Tank

Code Lyoko Series 3 Action Figures, Release Date Nov 2006:
Ulrich Series 3
Yumi Series 3
Odd Series 3
Scyphozoa

PVC Series, Release Date Aug 2006
Virtual Desert Battle
Virtual Ice Battle
PVC Factory
Teddy Godzilla

No pictures on the site.

TaskForceLyoko offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:28 am

Wow, Jeremie's gotten shafted. No Krabbe's or Roachsters either?
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:23 pm

^.^ Wow! Awesome! TaskForceLyoko, could you put a link to that site where you found those descriptions, if you have it? :)

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jeremie Lover » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:05 pm

I want a Mister Puck doll. I hope they make them. I wonder what the boxes are gonna look like. :D
I Was Sissi Delmas Lover
Jeremie Lover offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby FormicaArchonis » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:07 pm

Cassius335 wrote:Wow, Jeremie's gotten shafted.

Care to hear my theory on that? No? Well, you're going to anyway. :)

I'm sure if they had the budget and projected sales numbers, they'd make complete sets. But they don't, so corners are cut. In order from least to most figures:

Jeremie's the support person. Sits at a computer and provides information roughly equivalent to a status bar in a video game. Season two, he also provides vehicles. He never fights the baddies. Sometimes its his mistakes that cause the storyline problems - Aelita's deletion in "Just in Time", the Marabounta, that time he materialized himself and got stuck between realities. He's the quintessential geek, and that's not 'exciting'. I can't (offhand) think of any popular support person within animated lore. (Though if you expand to live-action SF, it's easy: Theora Jones from Max Headroom. Mmmm, Amanda Pays....) And that's why, as you so succinctly put it, 'Jeremie's gotten shafted'.

You'll notice that his beloved Aelita (who's also a support type often in need of rescue, but less geeky and at least occasionally fights the baddies) is given a fairly short shrift too, one figure.

Yumi gets 2 figures, one more than Aelita, one less than Odd and Ulrich. Why? Because she's a heroine. She's 'exciting', but boys (or their parents) buy this stuff, and boys don't identify with female heroes easily. Plus, her weapon is a fan, which doesn't look as cool on the box art as a more common weapon. (Tessenjutsu isn't the big martial art in this world. A hero who used an Aboriginal boomerang or a tribesman's yo-yo as a weapon probably wouldn't fare well in the toy market either.)

Then, at the top of the heap, the boys who carry the pointy hardware, Odd and Ulrich, with 3 figures each.

Cassius335 wrote:No Krabbe's or Roachsters either?

Rule one of toy making: The bad guys don't sell as well as the heroes. You do the heroes first, with a token villain presence so the heroes will have someone to fight. If I remember correctly, not doing that was one of the major failings of the Skeleton Warriors toy line, even if the baddies were a lot cooler. (Shame, I liked that series.)
FormicaArchonis offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: A basement. Your basement, my basement, I don't know. But I'm sure it's a basement.

Postby Chad Rains » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:14 pm

I want character plushies!

Am I wrong for wanting an Aelita plushie to cuddle as I sleep every night?
Chad Rains offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:26 pm

I'd want an Odd and Sissi plushie so I can make them start making out.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:40 pm

Guys...you're doing it again. Try not to about about the kinds of plushies you'd want and what you'd do with them. I know that's sort of about CL Merchandise, but it makes the actual "news" hard to find. Okay? :)

Formica, my compliments to you on a well-thought out explanation as to why Jeremie got short shrift in the action figure department. That is most likely the reason as to why he's not listed at all.

Although, I think that looking at Aelita's action figure description, there's no reason why Jeremie shouldn't have gotten one. So far as I can picture, Aelita's is just her and a Lyoko panel (the "Code Lyoko" panel in the towers). There's no reason why they couldn't have one precisely like that for Jeremie, only with the Super Computer. And where's the Kiwi action figure? Kids love dogs, don't they? XD

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby FormicaArchonis » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:26 am

Mewberries151 wrote:Formica, my compliments to you on a well-thought out explanation as to why Jeremie got short shrift in the action figure department. That is most likely the reason as to why he's not listed at all.

(Bows.) Thank you.:)

Mewberries151 wrote:Although, I think that looking at Aelita's action figure description, there's no reason why Jeremie shouldn't have gotten one. So far as I can picture, Aelita's is just her and a Lyoko panel (the "Code Lyoko" panel in the towers). There's no reason why they couldn't have one precisely like that for Jeremie, only with the Super Computer.

I can't wait for pictures. One thing I didn't think of was whether or not they're going to be based on virtualized or real versions of characters. If they're just doing Lyoko forms of everyone, we can forget about a Jeremie figure. I know the "Transforming Chamber" ones should probably be non-Lyoko, but some toy manufacturers aren't known for attention to continuity.

Mewberries151 wrote:And where's the Kiwi action figure? Kids love dogs, don't they? XD

:) Looks like we'll have to wait for toy series four.;)
FormicaArchonis offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:28 am

My mom and I will get them soon when they are released.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:15 am

FormicaArchonis wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:Formica, my compliments to you on a well-thought out explanation as to why Jeremie got short shrift in the action figure department. That is most likely the reason as to why he's not listed at all.

(Bows.) Thank you.:)

Mewberries151 wrote:Although, I think that looking at Aelita's action figure description, there's no reason why Jeremie shouldn't have gotten one. So far as I can picture, Aelita's is just her and a Lyoko panel (the "Code Lyoko" panel in the towers). There's no reason why they couldn't have one precisely like that for Jeremie, only with the Super Computer.

I can't wait for pictures. One thing I didn't think of was whether or not they're going to be based on virtualized or real versions of characters. If they're just doing Lyoko forms of everyone, we can forget about a Jeremie figure. I know the "Transforming Chamber" ones should probably be non-Lyoko, but some toy manufacturers aren't known for attention to continuity.

You're welcome. The majority of them are probably going to be the kids in their Lyoko forms...judging by the weapon and vehicle related titles, anyway. The series 3 ones could be their real world forms though. :)

However, I'm highly intrigued by the PVC "TeddyGodzilla" set... *snickers* I have an idea of what they might mean by that...but the other possibilities are exceedingly amusing. XD

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby YDV » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:16 am

FormicaArchonis wrote:
Cassius335 wrote:Wow, Jeremie's gotten shafted.

Care to hear my theory on that? No? Well, you're going to anyway. :)

I'm sure if they had the budget and projected sales numbers, they'd make complete sets. But they don't, so corners are cut. In order from least to most figures:

Jeremie's the support person. Sits at a computer and provides information roughly equivalent to a status bar in a video game. Season two, he also provides vehicles. He never fights the baddies. Sometimes its his mistakes that cause the storyline problems - Aelita's deletion in "Just in Time", the Marabounta, that time he materialized himself and got stuck between realities. He's the quintessential geek, and that's not 'exciting'. I can't (offhand) think of any popular support person within animated lore. (Though if you expand to live-action SF, it's easy: Theora Jones from Max Headroom. Mmmm, Amanda Pays....) And that's why, as you so succinctly put it, 'Jeremie's gotten shafted'.

You'll notice that his beloved Aelita (who's also a support type often in need of rescue, but less geeky and at least occasionally fights the baddies) is given a fairly short shrift too, one figure.

Yumi gets 2 figures, one more than Aelita, one less than Odd and Ulrich. Why? Because she's a heroine. She's 'exciting', but boys (or their parents) buy this stuff, and boys don't identify with female heroes easily. Plus, her weapon is a fan, which doesn't look as cool on the box art as a more common weapon. (Tessenjutsu isn't the big martial art in this world. A hero who used an Aboriginal boomerang or a tribesman's yo-yo as a weapon probably wouldn't fare well in the toy market either.)

Then, at the top of the heap, the boys who carry the pointy hardware, Odd and Ulrich, with 3 figures each.

Cassius335 wrote:No Krabbe's or Roachsters either?

Rule one of toy making: The bad guys don't sell as well as the heroes. You do the heroes first, with a token villain presence so the heroes will have someone to fight. If I remember correctly, not doing that was one of the major failings of the Skeleton Warriors toy line, even if the baddies were a lot cooler. (Shame, I liked that series.)

.......Are you saying that Jeremie is useless or something?! Because that's the vibe I'm picking up.

That's all I'll say, though, as I kinda want to stay on topic..

Good reason for Yumi, although I have to say that -girls- actually do buy figurines and such (and, of course, obsessive fanboys like us xD). Trust me, I have enough little females in my family. lol

I have to say, all the stuff that's been posted on here already is pretty cool. I've yet to buy any of the DVD's yet, mostly because I haven't been able to find them.. anywhere.... (I tend to shy away from Merch stuff, especially on shows that have a strong possibility to be as extremely Kiddified as possible, such as CL, because of the target audience and spot on Miguzi.)
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby FormicaArchonis » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:39 am

Mewberries151 wrote:However, I'm highly intrigued by the PVC "TeddyGodzilla" set... *snickers* I have an idea of what they might mean by that...but the other possibilities are exceedingly amusing. XD

Actually, that completely throws me. When I think of PVC, I think of pipe. How are these different than other action figures?

Your De-Virtualization wrote:.......Are you saying that Jeremie is useless or something?! Because that's the vibe I'm picking up.

Certainly not. But from a marketing standpoint, he's just not terribly amazing. High IQ and WPM don't translate to an action figure well. How do you market a geek? Kid with a sword, that's easy. Kid who shoots arrows, that's easy. Kid with a computer...?

Your De-Virtualization wrote:I have to say, all the stuff that's been posted on here already is pretty cool. I've yet to buy any of the DVD's yet, mostly because I haven't been able to find them.. anywhere....

I've been tempted, but my budget is tight.

An on topic merch question, I think: The DVDs aren't closed captioned, are they?
FormicaArchonis offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Hey guys! Look what I found!

Postby Taelia » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:43 pm

Hé guys! Regardez ce que j'ai trouvé! (Hey guys! Look what I found!)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B000CNGBTO/ref=dp_primary-product-display_0/103-0158459-6324674?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=130&s=dvd

The cover art for the front of the third volume of CL on DVD!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TaskForceLyoko » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:33 am

Mewberries151 wrote:^.^ Wow! Awesome! TaskForceLyoko, could you put a link to that site where you found those descriptions, if you have it? :)

The first one is:http://www.toyglobe.com/CodeLyoko.php
A Canadian seller which seems to have mixed reviews.

I was, however, able to find a second seller, based in the US:http://www.toywiz.com/codelyoko.html
They have the same information, and lack of pictures, so I'm starting to think the information is legit.

TaskForceLyoko offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Darkness Incarnate » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:40 am

Is there music there too.
All your base are belong to us,LOL.
Darkness Incarnate offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Re: Hey guys! Look what I found!

Postby Blueyedblonde » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:15 am

Taelia wrote:Hé guys! Regardez ce que j'ai trouvé! (Hey guys! Look what I found!)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B000CNGBTO/ref=dp_primary-product-display_0/103-0158459-6324674?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=130&s=dvd

Since possesions didn't start 'till season two, there's bound to be newer one's on there. Oh, man... I hope Vertigo's on there! Probably not, but... meh.
Blueyedblonde offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Lani » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:53 am

Grrr... You know what? I went to the Best Buy nearest me... and they didn't have Movies, Music + Mayhem. >>; That made me very mad.

Uurrrrg... I'll just have to go run around looking in other places then...
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Re: Hey guys! Look what I found!

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:36 pm

Thanks, TaskForceLyoko, for the link! :D

Blueyedblonde wrote:
Taelia wrote:Hé guys! Regardez ce que j'ai trouvé! (Hey guys! Look what I found!)

Since possesions didn't start 'till season two, there's bound to be newer one's on there. Oh, man... I hope Vertigo's on there! Probably not, but... meh.

Hmmm...I doubt there will be any season 2 episodes on it, unfortunately. Looking again at the trailer on the second DVD, scenes from "Image Problem", "Ghost Channel", and "The Robots" are clearly featured. Also featured, among other episode clips from previous DVDs, are scenes from "Laughing Fit" (Odd's fake out jump) and "Amnesia" (Yumi destroying a Krabe in the Ice Sector).

All 5 of these episodes would tie in rather well with the "XANA Possessed" title as all of them show XANA taking on a physical form and attacking the group directly and with rather serious intentions ("Ghost Channel" squeaks in because that's the only time in season 1 that XANA "himself" makes an appearance of any sort).

So, unfortunately, it doesn't look like there is alot of a chance for season 2 episodes, quite yet. :no:

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pyro-Lord » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:21 pm

Sorry to get off topic, but Mewberries, you mentioned earlier, or in some other thread, that you also went to the tv tome forums. Just to be curious, what's your username on it?
Don't come crying to me when I'm famous and you aren't...cuz that will never happen.
Founder and member of:
My movie-making organization for making movies by myself and with my friends...'nuff said.
Pyro-Lord offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

PreviousNext