Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:13 am

Episode idea: The Energy Vampire

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Episode idea: The Energy Vampire

Postby Taelia » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:05 am

I came up with another episode idea. In this episode, titled The Energy Vampire, Odd's energy is completely drained by the Scyphozoa, whom XANA rebuilds and equips with new powers. Now that the Scyphozoa's first task has been completed, XANA needs the life energy of humans. His first target is Odd. After his energy is drained from him, he is de-virtualized and rendered unconscious.

Back at the school, Odd is sent to his and Ulrich's room to rest, and Sissi has been told to keep close watch on Odd and to protect him. When Jim walks in to Odd's room to tell him to wake up, Sissi shushes him, then tells him about what had happened. The rest of the school is targeted by the Scyphozoa for the life energy contained within the students and staff. Will this be the end of the fight for Lyoko?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Osiris » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:12 am

sounds like a good idea gives the Scyphozoa something elce to do insted of getting aelias memorys
<b>My Youtube Videos!!!</b> www.youtube.com/clagnuts
Osiris offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:21 am

Odd slowly regains his energy, but he must rest and sleep to regain it. Odd tells Sissi "Go to Lyoko and deactivate the tower for..." seconds before Sissi kisses him on his lips to make him sleep. Sissi learns how to deactivate towers from Aelita and then she does. No RTTP is done, but everyone's energy is returned to them. However, Odd's still sleeping when his energy comes back. XD

The Scyphozoa is somehow shielded by some kind of invisible force field, so when the others try to sever the Scyphozoa's tentacles, the weapons just bounce back.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Osiris » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:28 am

this should proberably be set after season 2 then?
just a thaught proberably rubbish but what about switching sissi with Samantha?
Osiris offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TB3 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:33 am

The thing is Sam was only seen once in 52 episodes - the chances are she ain't coming back and I'll wager Odd's over her by now.

My one problem with this idea is that it sounds like a cross of 'Missing Link', 'Tip-Top-Shape' and 'Killer Music.'

And since when did Sissi join the team, or do you want to make that the focus of this episode?

Perhaps your energy vampire thing could drain Sissi and Aelita early on, and then is forced into regurgitating them but gets a little cross-transferance along the way, hence Sissi getting Aelita's unique tower-control ability.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Osiris » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:39 am

maybe aelita swiching with aelita could be the focus of the episode the gang have to get sissi to deactivate the tower in order for them to swich back?
Osiris offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:39 am

Good idea!

And yes, that is the focus of the episode. For Sissi to have character development and KEEP IT!
Last edited by Taelia on Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Osiris » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:41 am

ive got no problem with sissi joining the team its just then the whole her snooping round thing would be eliminated from the show
Last edited by Osiris on Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Osiris offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:45 am

Yeah, that's true.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:04 am

Okay then - that's good, but don't rush it!

Here's my suggestion - Sissi winds up with some of Aelita in her, and Aelita ends up with some of Sissi in her.

In all honesty, Jeremie is not going to bother to compile a new combat avatar for Sissi as it takes a LONG time (Revelation proves Jeremie has to build their avatars and the computer does not do it automatically), but what he CAN do is cross-reference their data.

In short, both Sissi and Aelita get into seperate scanners. Using the scanners Jeremie is able to rearrange the misplaced bits of coding, and Aelita is virtualised.

Sissi stays on Earth - however, the act of being scanned automatically marks her down in the computer's memory banks as a Team Member, and so she remembers when an RTTP is triggered.

Character Development is good 'n' all, but having Sissi go from outsider to Lyoko Warrior in 23 minutes is a bit much. Wait another episode or two before that, let the team argue about the pros and cons of having someone remember who is not a part of their group, and have Sissi try and figure out her new expereinces (and her unblocked memories since the computer would have removed her memory blocks during the RTTP) by herself.

Just my thoughts - also potentital for Odd/Sissi romance if she wakes up in the night screaming after remembering in her dreams some of her more traumatic experiences - either Odd would hear and come help or she could go to him, and the act of him aiding her causes a coolness to fall between Odd and Ulrich.

Again, hope you like these ideas.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:25 am

I like them.

To substantiate them:

Ulrich and Jim get their data cross-referenced as well, after Jimbo regains some suspicion, in the same episode. :D So now he will remember too.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Osiris » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:59 pm

thats a good idea but maybe like TB3 said i think this should be spread between episodes
Osiris offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:35 pm

Agreed. I may be rushing with the idea a bit.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:41 pm

Jim and Sissi remembering at the same time is pushing things a bit too far plot and continuality-wise. If Jim is to remember, I suggest a small story-arc revolving around his memories of Franz Hopper, and his daughter, Aelita.

I suspect Jim might have some long-term memory issues, or these half-memories from twelve years ago might be his reason for suspicion around Aelita - in fact this could lead in nicely from this story-arc as well - Sissi joining the group is bound to raise a few eyebrows and after her Jim is the most suspicious person in Kadic.

And as a thought, I'd save sending him to Lyoko for a while, but remembering and fighting on Earth would be a cool development for him.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:50 pm

Very cool! :D
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:17 am

One thing: What does XANA need the life-energy for?

And I wonder if XANA could make a seperate vampire monster? Might be a bit less conspicuous.
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Darkborn » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:05 pm

haha maybe it's a diffrent Scyphozoa! A black and red one, so it has a diffrent duty.
Darkborn offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:11 pm

Good idea.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby McTrooper » Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:15 pm

It's not a bad idea, but the phrase "Energy Vampire" has been used in an episode or two of Buzz Lightyear.
In that episode a robot drains the power from non-living things.
Image Image

Avatars / Signature Image made from TB3's original art.
McTrooper offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Oddball » Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:21 pm

neat tealia :D :D
Oddball offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby TB3 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:39 pm

McTrooper wrote:It's not a bad idea, but the phrase "Energy Vampire" has been used in an episode or two of Buzz Lightyear.
In that episode a robot drains the power from non-living things.

"I am Nos-4A2, do my bidding computer of McTrooper!"

*McTrooper's computer blacks out*

;)

Yeah, Energy Vampire sounds a bit cliched - so here's an alternative.

The school is putting on a production of 'Dracula', with the following cast;

Count Vladamir Dracula: William
Abraham Van-Helsing: Jeremie
Mina Harker: Yumi
Lucy Westerna: Aelita
Jonathan Harker: Ulrich
Quincy Morris: Odd
Lord Godalming: Herve
Brides of Dracula: Sissi, Milly, Tamiya

During a break in the last rehersal XANA posesses William and mutates him into a Vampire, draining the energy of others. Following the script, he first turns his 'brides', then goes after 'Lucy'.

EDIT:
It would be interesting if 'drained' victims turned into similar energy-sucking vampires. Sissi, Aelita, Milly and Tamiya acting like Dracula's sensuous brides would (within reason and decency) be cool - Aelita and Sissi would have to be turned back pretty quickly though.

The main plot could be the accidental exchange of Sissi and Aelita's data when William is startled and attacked (thus returning their energies by accident), and the subplot could be a William/Ulrich battle as he goes after his next victim - Yumi, ala 'Mina'.

The advantages of this (aside from a cool plot and lots of Dracula movie references), is that everyone would be in costume, hence William could be dressed as a svauve Dracula, Ulrich in a handsome suit, Jeremie with a bandolier of stakes etc.

During the episode William could also summon 'The Children of the Night' - a swarm of bats, or local dogs.

After the RTTP we could see the show occuring, coming off perfectly, and then during the curtaincall Sissi faints off the stage, as the first wave of memories hits her.

Cut later to the infirmary as the guys talk a bit and then leave. As they leave, the moonlight streams through a window, a dog howls and Sissi opens her eyes and breathes.

"Lyoko!"

END
Last edited by TB3 on Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Darkborn » Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:47 pm

Yea, That would be neat.

William: Bleh, I am here to suck thy energy for Master Xana
Mr. Delmas: Xana? This isn't even it the script
Darkborn offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:00 pm

I just edited some plot ideas into my last post - but here's another bit of dialogue to compliment Darkborn's suggestion.

BEFORE WILLIAM IS POSESSED
(rehersal)
William: I am pleased to see you have arrived safely, friend Johnathan - I hope you will find my castle has every ammenity, and now if you pardon me, I will leave you to make your toilet-
(in the wings, Odd breaks into fits of laughter)
William (angry): What's so funny - it means 'leave you to get ready!'
Odd (play-acting): Ohno! I have angered the mighty Nosforatu! Christopher Lee, the No-Life-King is after meeee!
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:46 pm

LOL! :*D
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Osiris » Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:05 pm

ROFL
great idea TB3 ;)