Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:45 am

fanfic reviews?

For fanfic writers/readers. Post your fics, or recommend one that you thought was good!

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

fanfic reviews?

Postby axslayer33 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:05 am

Hiw do I get people to review my fanfic? (From Dark Beginnings, Let Hell Rise Part 1 in the FF thread)

I got digital cookies...
axslayer33 offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Re: fanfic reviews?

Postby Soul Jelly » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:41 pm

You can't make anyone review, but doesn't hurt to ask people. Also drawing more attention to your fics by linking them here, on CLE/XL/tumblr/etc. is a good start.

This fandom is really bad when it comes to reviewing though, I find. Most people just don't bother.
Soul Jelly offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Stonecreek » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:35 pm

It doesn't help that the fandom's heyday was over half a decade ago. There's just not enough quantity out there to make people check CL fics but once in a while, and what is being put out is, for the most part, crap plagued by OCs and OOC and just plain bad writing. It's the conundrum of writing fanfic for a kid's show. I get reviews and hits still, but I think it's because I have been in the fandom for a long time, and have a number of fics under my belt. That and my drabble collection, which is great for the short attention spanners (myself included). It takes far less effort for a reader to read 500 words than 5,000.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby Tekirai » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:33 pm

it depends a lot on the kind of draw your story has and then how much people seem to like it

what the others have said is true as well though - I put up a short fic for the first time in years and it's only had one review, while the last time I put up a fic a few years previous it got a fair few reviews

I think another factor is how the fandom is made up at the time, too. sometimes you'll just get people who don't know what to say in a review. I sort of stopped doing it since i rarely had anything to say other than 'wow gr8 next chapter pl0x' and I've never been a fan of those kinds B|

I would keep writing despite not getting reviews. not sure if they're the only reason you're writing them but it's much better for your fic if you just write it because you like writing it. it might even make your writing better and encourage more reviews!
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter