Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:02 pm

Ego

For fanfic writers/readers. Post your fics, or recommend one that you thought was good!

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Ego

Postby Carth » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:07 pm

So, after a long stretch of time of entirely avoiding writing anything with a beginning and an end, I took an idea that was developing quickly and decided to put it to paper before it ran away. It's not Five, but I can assure you it's something that's gotten my creative juices flowing sideways.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6119537/1/Ego

The FF.net summary:
"When XANA gains access to the mental data stored on the supercomputer, he is able to create a series of monsters unlike anything the Lyoko Warriors have ever faced - or ever wanted to face."

And that's all I have to say. G'bye.

Sig most likely forthcoming.

Stonecreek, I didn't give this to you because I know you're busy, but if you want to beta/disapprove of it, by all means.
Carth offline

Re: Ego

Postby Stonecreek » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:23 pm

Carth wrote:So, after a long stretch of time of entirely avoiding writing anything with a beginning and an end, I took an idea that was developing quickly and decided to put it to paper before it ran away. It's not Five, but I can assure you it's something that's gotten my creative juices flowing sideways.

The FF.net summary:
"When XANA gains access to the mental data stored on the supercomputer, he is able to create a series of monsters unlike anything the Lyoko Warriors have ever faced - or ever wanted to face."

Stonecreek, I didn't give this to you because I know you're busy, but if you want to beta/disapprove of it, by all means.

Will read it later. I have sorta been out of love with CL fandom lately. Believe it or not, Inuyasha has piqued my interest again after four some-odd years away from the fandom. Lotta good fanfics been written since I last perused the category. Who knows what fandom I'll bounce to next?

But yes, I will get to this story, and possibly even do beta on it. Just not tonight, 'cause it's gonna be a long one at work.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Re: Ego

Postby Carth » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:35 pm

Stonecreek wrote:
Carth wrote:So, after a long stretch of time of entirely avoiding writing anything with a beginning and an end, I took an idea that was developing quickly and decided to put it to paper before it ran away. It's not Five, but I can assure you it's something that's gotten my creative juices flowing sideways.

The FF.net summary:

Will read it later. I have sorta been out of love with CL fandom lately. Believe it or not, Inuyasha has piqued my interest again after four some-odd years away from the fandom. Lotta good fanfics been written since I last perused the category. Who knows what fandom I'll bounce to next?

But yes, I will get to this story, and possibly even do beta on it. Just not tonight, 'cause it's gonna be a long one at work.

Hey, don't force yourself to work on it if you're not feeling the fandom! I know how attention bouncing is - enjoy Inuyasha while you're focused on it, and then come back to CL in due time. Or summat else inspirational like.

But if you did at least read it i would be happy C:
Carth offline

Postby green » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:36 pm

I read it earlier today and I think it's an excellent start. I'll be looking forward to more
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Stonecreek » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:07 pm

I have read it now (sorry, no time to beta at all), and I really liked all the dialogue/banter in the first chapter. I'm gonna withhold judgement on the plottty part until the plot acutally goes somewhere other than teasing the reader.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

Ah, memories...
Stonecreek offline

Postby Carth » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:24 pm

Stonecreek wrote:I have read it now (sorry, no time to beta at all), and I really liked all the dialogue/banter in the first chapter. I'm gonna withhold judgement on the plottty part until the plot acutally goes somewhere other than teasing the reader.

YAY I HAVE A STONECREEK SEAL OF APPROVAL!

I have started on Chapter 2; just gotten a little stuck trying not to have Odd's issues overtake the whole chapter. 8/
Carth offline

Postby Stonecreek » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:04 pm

Carth wrote:
Stonecreek wrote:I have read it now (sorry, no time to beta at all), and I really liked all the dialogue/banter in the first chapter. I'm gonna withhold judgement on the plottty part until the plot acutally goes somewhere other than teasing the reader.

YAY I HAVE A STONECREEK SEAL OF APPROVAL!

I have started on Chapter 2; just gotten a little stuck trying not to have Odd's issues overtake the whole chapter. 8/

Bear in mind that Odd's issues usually make for entertaining reading. Just saying...

Ah, memories...
Stonecreek offline

Postby Tangent128 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:37 pm

Hmm... interesting...
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:45 pm

Good news, everyone! I did finally finish Chapter 2, but due to circumstances beyond my control (including my own laziness) it would be best if I published it on Friday, because otherwise it would clearly be a steaming wreck. Sorry. D:

EDIT: I am impatient, so it's going up now. I'll get a beta'd version up Friday if any major changes need to be made.
Carth offline

Postby xiaozanghou » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:32 am

It's pretty interesting. The end is oddly reminiscent of Pick On Yumi week :P
╭☆★☆
http://cl-evolved.com/
╰★☆★
xiaozanghou offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: they asked me where i planned to go then i pointed at the stars and said i haven't really chose

Postby SilverPrince » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:39 am

I have noticed that, true to CL form, you're picking on Yumi. :P

This is amazing, Carth. Allow me to asdf for a moment.

ASDFKDJALSJDAKSJLDASDASLDKJ

*clears throat* Alright then. Anyway, I love this. I love everything about it. Furthermore, I propose the forum motto be changed to "Lyoko Freak: Full of Sky Water." Because because. I love how you can not only take us for a ride on the roller coaster of unresolved sexual tension that is Code Lyoko, and throw in CREEPY VOICES and manage to make it work in AWESOME SYNERGY OF AWESOME.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:39 pm

Huh, guess I neglected to drop in here and say this yet, so:

Carth, this is pretty good. Please continue writing it. Try not to take too long ;)
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby Carth » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:40 am

Look what a doof I am, I took too long. D8 I can assure you that the chapter is 3/4ths done, it's the last 4th that's driving me mad. I've come back to it, though, and I promise not to take too horribly long! <3
Carth offline

Postby Carth » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:26 pm

THE CHAPTER IS UP. And I've fixed some errors in Chapter 2 and the Interlude.
Carth offline

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:34 am

This chapter is strange and wonderful. Everybody gets to go down their own horrible (or in Jeremy's case kind of sweet but then creepy) rabbit hole, and I like it. Well, Odd and Ulrich not as much yet either, but I'm sure you have plans.

Insert generic statement: Please add more when you find the time, Carth.
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby desincarnation » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:58 am

This is the most psychedelic CL fanfic I've ever read. Your writing always amazes me, you're just one of the best I know. ^^
I so can't wait what is going to happen next!
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby JesusFreak » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:46 pm

Oh gosh, this fic was just like an episode of the show!

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?