Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:12 am

CL fanfictions that you recommend

For fanfic writers/readers. Post your fics, or recommend one that you thought was good!

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

CL fanfictions that you recommend

Postby desincarnation » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:15 pm

The description of this subforum says, "Post your fic or recommend one you thought was good". Whereas the first part of it is fulfilled, the second one seems to me as neglected. That's when I came up with the idea of this thread.
In the mass of CL fanfictions(there are over 4200 on fanfiction.net alone, the last time I checked) catching the ones that are actually worth reading is like searching for a needle in a haystack. So, why not make things easier with some collective effort?
If you came across an interesting fanfic, which has breathtaking action scenes, has awesome character development, is funny, cute or - to the contrary- deals with difficult issues, overall, it really touched you as CL fans, is incredibly well written and you feel like sharing it with the others, DO IT. ;) Especially if it has few reviews and you feel like it needs more recognition.
It'd be nice if you could justify your choices and of course, inform about age rating. I'm not sure about M-rates, so I'd rather you didn't post them here. Mooods, am I right?
If a thread like that one yet exists, please correct me.
My favourites of all time:
The New Dawn T-rated. Basically, season 5. I'm a devoted follower of this story for over a year now and it still keeps on amusing me. It gives me chills every time I get a message about a new chapter, and I don't exaggerate ;). In my opinion, the most amazing is the concept. It's so complex, attention-grabbing and incredibly accurate with the plotholes of the show. Epic. (Sorry for being so secretive, but I just avoid major spoilers.^^)

Jagged Edge T again. UxY oneshot angst turning into fluff at the end. Just... different from the regular pairing-centered fics.

Musical Exchange K+. I posted it in "Seeing Is Believing" thread, but I believe it's worth mentioning again. For development of a background character.

At the Lake K+. I wouldn't be myself if I did not mention J/A fluff. Straight from the master of forementioned pairing. As the title says.

The Wild Child part 2 part 3 and part 4! K+. Aelita as a faerie princess and Jeremie as an innocent villager. Wonderful AU fluff.

Wanna hear what you guys have to say.
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Sithking Zero » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:20 am

Ooohh... cool!

Every story, unless stated otherwise, is complete.

Okay, let's see...

Return to the Past, T by our very own Carth- this story is a little creepy and a little wierd at times, but very good. Tells of what would happen if XANA sent Jeremie back in time to the middle of Franz's rrepititions of June 6, 1994. A good look at Code Lyoko in the days of Hopper.

Growing Family: T, A story based on a series of pictures by Son Neko. EXTREMELY funny, a must-read. When Aelita first comes to Earth, she deduces that her "Family" is incomplete without a child. It's probably not what you think, meaning no sex.

An Odd Couple: T, Okay, little warning here, this is an OddXSissi story, so if you don't like, don't read. Very good, funny. Odd finds a friend on the Kadic chat boards, someone named "Lizziekitty." What happens when they meet?

Code Genesis, Rise of Avalon,, Hacked Code, and Hacked Code 2: Code Rebirth. T One of the few stories to feature well-written original characters in Code Lyoko. Warning: while this story is quite excellent, it does get complicated, especially as you get further. Starts off with another group of warriors that fought alongside XANA and Aelita against a different virus three years before the main series, and goes on from there. The series is still in progress, with the Author working on “Hacked Code 2: Code Rebirth,â€
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Re: CL fanfictions that you recommend

Postby Slayer » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:17 am

desincarnation wrote:The New Dawn T-rated. Basically, season 5. I'm a devoted follower of this story for over a year now and it still keeps on amusing me. It gives me chills every time I get a message about a new chapter, and I don't exaggerate ;). In my opinion, the most amazing is the concept. It's so complex, attention-grabbing and incredibly accurate with the plotholes of the show. Epic. (Sorry for being so secretive, but I just avoid major spoilers.^^)

I couldnt agree more, out of the few fanfics that i have read New Dawn is my favorite. It follows the story and characters quite well.
When i read more ill post them here if there worth reading.
Last edited by Slayer on Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slayer offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby HiddenWatcher » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:37 pm

I wouldn't be myself if I did not mention J/A fluff. Straight from the master of forementioned pairing. As the title says.

Whoa. I'm the master of JxA?

I feel like I just won an Oscar.
HiddenWatcher offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby SearchingLyoko » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:24 am

I only have one to recommend and one only:

Code Lyoko Inc.- by Carthage411

http://www.codelyoko.com/forum/forumen/ ... sc&start=0

This story is a masterpiece. Set 10 years into the future... Code Lyoko has grown to it's own top-secret company... meh. you know what.. let me get the movie ad.

Ignore the movie part... and that's the basic summary for the beginning.

It's a long read... but it is VERY enjoyable. Over a year in the making.

And... yeah... you see the movie ad...

We ARE developing this fanfiction into a movie... if you want to know about that then you can find the thread for the movie in the Fan Art section.

Happy Reading!

-SL.
SearchingLyoko Delenda Est.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Slayer » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:22 am

Found this a while back and i like it.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4169825/1/J ... o_Season_5

It may not be a real season 5 or be anywhere as good as New Dawn but its still worth reading.

There will be no mercy, only slain bodies and taken souls. Dont be afraid, be terrified.
Slayer offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid