Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:34 am

Five: A Code:Lyoko Continuation

For fanfic writers/readers. Post your fics, or recommend one that you thought was good!

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Five: A Code:Lyoko Continuation

Postby Carth » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:53 pm

Someone please hold me.

I've had this fic in the planning stages for years and years, since the beginning of Season 4. It's gone through several different forms during that time, and everything's been shuffled and reshuffled again...I was almost afraid all it would be was planning, and I'd run out of time before I grew up, or out of it. But, I got something accomplished of it. And for a fandom that gave me some of my first friends, this makes me happy.

Melodramatic pomp and circumstance aside, it's really nothing more than my vision of a Season 5, something I'm sure the rest of you have too. It's a bit hard to describe without actually just presenting you with the whole written brick. Which would be hard...as it's kind of long. (Ever heard of Henry Darger? It might be slightly shorter than In the Realms of the Unreal. Which I really want to read someday but that's beside the point.) Anyway, it solves mysteries and all that jazz a fanfic should do.

And now that I've built it up to unreal expectations, here you go!

Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 |

Coming soon.

Coming later.

Not coming soon enough.

Also, everyone go and bother Stonecreek about how awesome he is, because he criticizes the writing of a mad sixteen-year-old girl on a regular basis, which I'd imagine is not an easy thing to do. ^___^
Last edited by Carth on Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
Carth offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:09 pm

*sheephisly grins*
...I just remembered that you asked me to beta, and I never responded back. Sorry...

I kinda liked that bit in the beginning better, with the lives of the Warriors compared to that of the other students at the Academy, that you omitted from the final version. But it was still very good.

You might also want to fix your sig.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby SilverPrince » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:53 pm

First of all, I didn't actually know the name Alexandre Pepin before. Secondly, I do not like him.

What I do like is this awesomeness that is Five. OddxMilly is now my One True Pairing.

not really, of course.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Aerodynamite79 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:59 pm

quite good first chapter.....I hope you are planning on more chapters in the future!

Aerodynamite79 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby desincarnation » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:36 am

A great way to start the day with. (In my case, anyway.)
Erm... well... awesome, just like RTTP^^. Can't wait to see what's going to happen next!
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby oddlauren » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:31 pm

good first chapter. :)
oddlauren offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Carth » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:43 pm

So I posted Chapter 2. 83

Chapter 2 has not actually been beta'd yet, since Stonecreek is sick and I hope for his speedy recovery. But he gave me permission to post it...so it might change once I get his feedback, but the basic idea will be the same. Anyway do read it.
Carth offline

Postby Asantewaalrus » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:52 pm

YES. YES. YES.

-runs off to read-

Ah, joy~

So, chapter three, tomorrow, right? : 3

I didn't see many mistakes, I did see some errors where you didn't have spaces between words, though. I'd go through and fix some of those when the chance pops up. : 3
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TheAppleFreak » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:43 am

Yes YESYES!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't finished reading it, but oh gawd it's awesome yet.

This chapter doesn't need Stoney; it's good enough as-is.

I NEED MORE!
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby Carth » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:05 pm

TheLordOfAppleFreaks wrote:Yes YESYES!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't finished reading it, but oh gawd it's awesome yet.

This chapter doesn't need Stoney; it's good enough as-is.

I NEED MORE!

Them's dangerous words, boy!

Words I completely disregarded when I re-uploaded Chapter 2, now all beta'd and shiny. It's slightly different, but not all that much. Chapter 3 is underway. No seriously.
Carth offline

Postby Stonecreek » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:21 pm

I really need time to sit down and write you a <s>freview</s> review on ff.n that includes stuff I did not comment on it the betas. I mean, COME ON, people - how in the world does this story only have two reviews?

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby Carth » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:58 pm

Stonecreek wrote:I really need time to sit down and write you a <s>freview</s> review on ff.n that includes stuff I did not comment on it the betas. I mean, COME ON, people - how in the world does this story only have two reviews?

It has five now, if that means anyth- Five. Lololololol.

I've decided that one week after I finish writing the chapter, I'll just post it in its unbeta'd form like Stoney Creekstation reccomended once. So, um. Chapter 3. Because...I can and it's free.

Also made a shiny sig for the next episode. I think I've made myself a unifying theme!
Carth offline

Postby Stonecreek » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:36 pm

Carth wrote:
Stonecreek wrote:I really need time to sit down and write you a <s>freview</s> review on ff.n that includes stuff I did not comment on it the betas. I mean, COME ON, people - how in the world does this story only have two reviews?

I've decided that one week after I finish writing the chapter, I'll just post it in its unbeta'd form like Stoney Creekstation reccomended once. So, um. Chapter 3. Because...I can and it's free.

Also made a shiny sig for the next episode. I think I've made myself a unifying theme!

I will get to reading the chapter you sent me (but told not to beta), probably Monday. Tonight is just...ugh.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby Carth » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:00 pm

Stonecreek wrote:
Carth wrote:

I will get to reading the chapter you sent me (but told not to beta), probably Monday. Tonight is just...ugh.

Thass just fine. Don't burn yourself out, please! If you use up all the Stonecreek there will be none left for later. D: And no do not beta it. Though I would appreciate it if you answered the questions.
Carth offline

Postby SearchingLyoko » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:23 am

Pulling an all-nighter caused by sickness FINALLY got me to "Five"

CARTH... THAT WAS GENIUS!

The way that you dwelved into the plot surrounding what happens after Season 4, the deep insight into the psychology of the characters and their relations, the rather interesting involvement of background characters, and the emotional and psychological impact of the fight with XANA and the sudden end of it...

As someone who does not generally like Fanfiction, I can say that this is one of the stories where I want more. I hope that you dwelve past Episode 99.

As one of the people who sometimes complain about my work, or rather my chatting about it, you have only fueled the fire Carth.

Please write more.
SearchingLyoko Delenda Est.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:59 pm

I just now came across this thanks to the drabbles topic, but I definitely think you should return to it at some point, Carth. It was engaging, well described, and had some real meaty plot developing.
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!